Rainless Love in a Godless Land 無神之地不下雨 [TW Drama 2021]

Tofu

On 10/21/2021 at 5:50 AM, JenL said:

I wonder why her grandmother abandoned her?

Maybe in fear that she'll grow up to be lonely too? 

Definitely am loving Orad. He is quite an interesting character and I can't wait to see how he develops later on. 

On 10/21/2021 at 5:50 AM, JenL said:

I feel like the acting is the strongest between Alice, Joe and Fu  Meng Po (Orad) 

Absolutely agreed! I think they are the best. But I feel like Joanne has improved since the last time I saw her too. 

I just realized that our God of Wisdom was the psychopath from school in Someday or One Day! :shocked2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just started this and have to say I’m really enjoying it so far.  

I have just finished parts 1 and 2 of episode 1 and I already liked Orad. There seems to be more to him that meets the eye and I can’t wait to see more. 

really surprised to see Joe Chen in this one! 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Gosh ep 3!

Seeing the history between Orad and Tien Ti was so sweet. As it turns out, Tien Ti's memories of Orad were erased. Who erased them is yet to be revealed along with what mistake Orad made 5 years ago. Was the mistake the kiss?  

I am curious as to why Fali and Kariah have to do with it. 

I am curious too as to why Orad was sent as Tian Ti's guardian angel. Considering his seemingly high position being the only messenger, I wonder why he was the one sent to be her guardian angel of all the Kawas.

The preview for ep 4 looks like Orad loses his powers. I wonder if it's because he ends up saving her?

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu you really need to watch ep 3 because it explains a lot about Tien Ti and Orad’s history, why the grandmother left her and the story behind the ring she wears.

Of course there’s still a lot of questions unanswered so we will have to keep watching to find out more. 

I also don’t know why she’s able to see the Kawas but it looks like this might be due to what happened to her as a child. I wonder, if, when she broke the comb and regained her memories, it also brought back her ability to see the Kawas. It looks like she was always able to see Orad since he became her guardian angel.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Shirtless Orad is definitely a feast for the eyes :heart: excuse me while I replay this scene over and over and over again. And the look he gives her when she looks at him. :wow2:

So it looks like Toem (Alice) likes Orad and she’s upset with him for loving someone else? It seems to me she’s wanting Kawas to choose for themselves instead of being obedient to Kakarayan. I am still unclear to what she’s after.

As for Orad, why doesn’t he just tell Tsen Ti that he likes her? Whenever I see flashbacks of their time together, I can’t help but feel sad that Tsen Ti has does not remember them as well as he does. He was so sweet to her!

And how adorable that he always went above and beyond for her. Even going as far as giving her the autographed photo of Greg Hsu! 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

Even going as far as giving her the autographed photo of Greg Hsu! 

I've watched the scene about Greg Hsu so many times now. It's hilarious and I'm pretty sure everyone who likes Greg will probably react the same way too. :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Just realised I haven't written about episode 3 yet...but I've seen both 3 & 4...will write about it soon

Halp! Having a major crush on this Rain God....It has nothing to do with this scene either :laugh: 

UcF11VC.png

I think it's all the memories of him secretly helping her throughout her entire life...they're so adorable. Also I laughed that he got her the Greg Hsu autograph. Damn, where are our guardian angels, huh?! :heart: 

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 11/2/2021 at 9:24 AM, JenL said:

Also I laughed that he got her the Greg Hsu autograph. Damn, where are our guardian angels, huh?! 

I know! I was an autograph photo of Greg Hsu too! :laugh:

I hope Greg has a proper cameo and shows up as a real person later on. Haha! 

• Haha 2

@Tofu have you seen ep 5 yet? In it, Tsien Ti takes a photo with a life sized Greg Hsu cardboard and I can’t help but laugh at how much screen time Greg is getting without him actually being in it. :laugh:

so it looks like Alice was formerly called Toem when she was still Kawas. But she’s become evil so she is now a Kariah. It appears that she has a grudge against Orad that Orad is not aware of. 

I don’t know about you guys but I find Orad very attractive and I cannot wait for him and Tsien Ti to be together. :heart:

I am glad that the God of Wisdom decided to stay! He is the comic relief in this drama and I love how he just pushes Orad. I love it whenever he’s with them. 

Still a lot of questions unanswered though!

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Mouse Not yet! I ended up watching Duel and some older Japanese doramas so I'm not caught up yet! So many dramas to watch, so little time! :psweatduck:

On 11/7/2021 at 8:01 PM, Mouse said:

so it looks like Alice was formerly called Toem when she was still Kawas. But she’s become evil so she is now a Kariah. It appears that she has a grudge against Orad that Orad is not aware of. 

That's interesting. Does she still have to answer to Kakarayan too?

• Like 1

I'm liking this drama a lot. It's not Someday or One Day, but it has it's own charms and I feel the flutters everytime I watch the two main characters. Especially that Rain God :wow::wow::wow:

Here's a small backlog of thoughts

Episode 3

- Awww, I love how Orad saved little Tian Di when she was ill. Their interactions are really, really cute...I think Paul Fu has an amazing presence that can be both serious, but fun...and the kid that plays little Tian Di is super adorable...and I do like the story even :BulbaOWO: though immortal v. human story timelines are always a bit weird :idk:

- I'm really loving all the flashback memories of their past together that he erased and I like how they're being slowly revealed, not all at once....normally, I don't like flashbacks, but these ones are really beautiful and feel of chemistry/ tension between the leads and not repeats of scenes we've scene already...so I'm looking forward to seeing them all :heart:

- I'm glad they didn't drag out the mystery of why the grandma 'abandoned' her - though not sure if I follow the logic of it. Assuming she has that blood and ability anyway, wouldn't her powers one day awaken if she encountered a Kawas, even without her grandmother close by? :thinking:

- Sometimes the special effects are amazing like when they showed the orange dystopian future, but sometimes it's a bit weird - like when he bought her into the world, I thought they shouldn't have done theat weird trickling sand effect (which looked like a strange photoshop effect) and just done one of those blink-and-you've-been-teleported cuts :heiboi:

- That story with her adopted mum was painful. I know it was partly an act so that she never came back...but it also seemed to be partly how she truly felt...and I felt really sorry for the lady who seemed to really like her and wanted to be like a real mum to her :letalQQ:

On 10/26/2021 at 11:47 AM, Mouse said:

I have just finished parts 1 and 2 of episode 1 and I already liked Orad. There seems to be more to him that meets the eye and I can’t wait to see more. 

Yay so glad you're watching this one too @Mouse...it's such a beautiful series! :wow:

On 10/27/2021 at 4:32 AM, Mouse said:

Was the mistake the kiss?  

Hahaha when it comes to immortals erasing your memories, I feel like it's always because of a forbidden lovestory/ mistaken kiss :laugh:

• Clapping Hands 1

Episode 4

- Ahhhhh....kisssssss :heart:  Actually I really like that the first kiss we saw took place in the realm between life and death...that beautiful watery setting with the trees. And it was so intense, probably because he was saving her life. He's so tall as well that he had to bend down quite a bit! But the reflection of the kiss was pretty.  Such heart flutters watching this! 

- I was a bit confused that Toem (Alice's character) was watching sadly...does she like Orad?? I didn't get that vide initially! :thinking:

- Ahhh, this rain god is so whipped for Tian Di...can't believe he ran to her when she called and he'd lost his godly powers :laugh:

- I need an Orad in life to save the last food want so that no one else buys it :lol:

- Hahahaha...that topless scene...I'm sure everyone one was like :MonkaTang::MonkaTang::MonkaTang: He sure has worked out! Haha, she stopped and awkwardly stared and he was posing! what kind of a rain god is this?  :laugh: I liked how they ended up in matching stripey T-shirts though

- HAHA...Greg Hsu being like the invisible second lead and even his mere autograph caused them to fight. But Orad is a good God...he even got her the autograph...I totally would have had a dramatic reaction like Tian Di if I won a competiion like that :laugh:

- That epilogue was so so so so beautiful :wow::wow::wow: I like how gentle he is with her and takes away her nightmares by giving her good dreams.... and I like how her good dreams are of him...I just realised if her memories were erased, she didn't recognise him. She must have 'met' him for the first time each time and thought 'this must be my guardian angel.'

On 11/1/2021 at 12:20 PM, Mouse said:

Shirtless Orad is definitely a feast for the eyes :heart: excuse me while I replay this scene over and over and over again. And the look he gives her when she looks at him. :wow2:

Hahaha I literally just rewatch all their gazing scenes because the chemistry is so intense. Those scenes are so beautiful and pull me in every time :heart:

On 11/6/2021 at 7:45 AM, mademoiselle said:

Dropping this here for you guy

Thanks for the share! It was fun to hear how they all deal with bringing there characters home...and funny to hear Joanne say that she sometimes brings her characters and their love stories home with her, but realises her partner doesn't need to hear all about it. And yeah, it must be hard not to talk about work, especially if your work for that day was kissing your co-star, you'd probably mention their name alot and it would feel weird. But a little worrying to hear Paul Fu talk about how once playing a character who committed suicide gave him weird thoughts about smashing windows :lettalKWA: I laughed at how chatty Joe was with the girls and he has twirly hand gestures compared to Paul who is pretty silent, but holds a lot of attention when he says the few things he says :laugh:

On 11/8/2021 at 2:30 AM, Tofu said:

I hope Greg has a proper cameo and shows up as a real person later on. Haha! 

Meeee toooooo!!! :wow:

Edited by JenL
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 5

- Oooohhhhh so Toem killed Tian Di's parents?! :lettalKWA:

- Alice is so good at playing a trouble making spirit! I find her so convincing as a bad guy, just as I found her so convincing as both Huang Yu Xuan/ Chen Yun Ru in Someday or One Day :CharmanderYay:

- Oh my...every time Paul Fu says that he's her guardian angel, I'm afraid this crush just gets worse and worse...he's sooo attractive. I cannot. :heart:

- I feel bad for the 2 kids - I mean that grandma Kawas was great at first, but now she's murdered their mum and the kids are suffering for her actions because one of them is turning blind?! I can't decide if it's something worse because her eyes are turning red like Toem's! :psweatduck:

- Hahaha, I laughed so hard at how much he didn't trust her to ride a motorscooter. And their chemistry is so cute! :wow:

- Tian Di's familay relationships seem so painful in this series - She rejects her adopted mother and her real grandma seemed too awkward and pained to show her affection again yet. :letalQQ:

- I love that memory of them standing/ kissing in the rain...and it turns out that she confessed to him. I hope we get to watch the full scene...I think it'll be revealed more fully soon....seeing as it looks like they might have to kiss to transfer powers and she saw that in the Reflection of Time :laugh: 

- Not sure if I ever replied to you @Tofu, but yep, I knew the creepy guy in SOOD (Kenny Yen?) was going to be in this series as the God of Wisdom...but it's still funny because he's still a bit creepy...but more like a harmless pervy friend than the stalker type of creepiness...weird to see him in such a different role :laugh:

- Laughed so so so at the Giant Greg Hsu cut out that Tian Di is obessed with and takes many photos with, but Orad hates :laugh:

A Photoshoot of Orad and his rival Greg Hsu...

On 11/8/2021 at 1:01 PM, Mouse said:

I can’t help but laugh at how much screen time Greg is getting without him actually being in it. :laugh:

I've found it hilarious! He's like in every episode and Joanne's fan girling is like my fan girling over Greg :lol:

On 11/8/2021 at 1:01 PM, Mouse said:

I don’t know about you guys but I find Orad very attractive and I cannot wait for him and Tsien Ti to be together. :heart:

Oh, I find him totally attractive  :1000:  His presence is everything and I'm so charmed whenver he's on screen. I think Orad is ticking all the boxes...he looks so broody and sorrowful, is very physically attractive and such a gentle, tortured soul who likes someone he shouldn't like. I wonder if this will have a sad or happy ending...I'm guessing they'll go for a bittersweet open ending, a bit like SOODs? :thinking:

• Heart Eyes 1

On 11/12/2021 at 7:32 AM, JenL said:

Oh, I find him totally attractive  :1000:  His presence is everything and I'm so charmed whenver he's on screen. I think Orad is ticking all the boxes...he looks so broody and sorrowful, is very physically attractive and such a gentle, tortured soul who likes someone he shouldn't like. I wonder if this will have a sad or happy ending...I'm guessing they'll go for a bittersweet open ending, a bit like SOODs?

Yes!! Orad actually hardly ever says anything. Usually he’s just standing nearby, observing and watching Tien Ti and yet, his presence is very noticeable. He plays his character perfectly - like you said - brooding and mysterious but also gentle, sweet and thoughtful. I love him. 

and for some reason I find their kissing scenes so sweet. Their kisses are more of the innocent type but there is depth in them. 

After watching ep 6, I am curious to find out Fali and Toem’s motives. I feel like there’s definitely more to them. I am not fully convinced that Fali is acting according to Kakarayan’s orders. And Toem mentions a “secret” he is careful to protect. 

I was so sad for the 2 girls - Ai Ting and Ai Yi to have been separated in the end. My heart broke for them. 

It looks like Tien Ti is going to realize soon that her memories were erased because she fell for Orad and it was forbidden. And now Fali seems to have given Orad an ultimatum that involves him correcting their courses - Tien Ti would have to die again according to plan. I don’t know if Orad can do it. 

• Like 1

@Mouse You've watched Episode 6 already?! :psweatduck:

They haven't uploaded the episodes where I watch this week and I am dying since I'm so addicted to having my weekly Orad screen time lately :letalQQ:

But these selfies are totally cute:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@JenL @Mouse I'm so behind with this drama. :letalQQ: I think it's because I don't want to wait for new episodes so I'm waiting until a build up quite a bit so I can binge. 

Did Wang Zi make a cameo in this drama? I just saw this photo! FYI, Wang ZI was Joanne's male lead in her drama, Attention Love. 

ejykDoj.jpg

• Like 2
On 11/22/2021 at 4:59 AM, Tofu said:

@JenL @Mouse I'm so behind with this drama. :letalQQ: I think it's because I don't want to wait for new episodes so I'm waiting until a build up quite a bit so I can binge. 

I'm so into this drama :heart: Are you still watching @Mouse? I hope you catch up @Tofu so I have someone to talk to :laugh:

Orad has me in a stronghold out of all the male leads I'm watching at the moment to be honest! He is doing some real flutter magic on me....Episode 7 is good because it explains a lot of those lost memories that I love :wow: It's also the Taiwanese chemistry too 

On 11/22/2021 at 4:59 AM, Tofu said:

Did Wang Zi make a cameo in this drama? I just saw this photo! FYI, Wang ZI was Joanne's male lead in her drama, Attention Love. 

Yes, Prince did make a cameo is an ex-boyfriend/ guy who had a crush on Tian Di! :MewHi: 

I'm lay to start a new post so writing my thoughts below...feel free to skip if you don't wannt spoilers.

Episodes 6-8

I am really loving Fali and Toem's characters. They're sort of yin and yang...there is evil in good and good in evil, it seems. I think it adds a lot to the story too because now it's interesting to try and figure out what Fali is up to. He seems to be either disllusioned with humans and Gods or just plain power hungry...and it seems like he's done something bad before that he's trying to cover up as well. :MonkaTang: Even though Toem (Alice) is trying to kill Tian Di, she's also soft for Orad and it seems like she does want to help him in some way. It's like an odd one sided love.

I'm so happy that they showed the longer sequences of the backstory between Tian Di and Orad :heart: Those moments were so beautiful. I think there's something really lovely and pure about this love story...It's also very cute that they use to bicker a lot in the memories because she would ask him things like whether or not he had ever made a wish or when he birthday was....and he's all exasperated since he's a guardian angel/ god's messenger. I think it's smart that they drip feed the memories though so it's like we can only figure out certain things at a time...like we're also seeing the Reflection of time. But yeah, the chemistry is great and both Paul Fu and Joanne Tseng do the longing gaze extremely well.  :wow:

Haha, the God of Wisdom/ Kenny Yen/ bad guy from SOOD is such a perv...he always seems to be trying to get the main pair to be a couple :laugh::lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@JenL yes I am still watching! I also love seeing all of Orad and Tsien-Ti’s scenes from before the memory wipe. You can see how their love blossomed. 

Ep 8, I am starting to get confused as to who the bad guy really is :laugh: at first it seemed like Toem was up to no good and now Fali seems like he’s up to no good and then there’s the other creature that is killing people. 

It does seem like Fali blames Kakarayan for something - not clear as to what he wants to do. I also don’t know where he sent the Kawas nor do I understand How he is able to do all of this without consequences. Like is this Kakarayan just watching while all of this unfolds?

There seems to be this underlying question of whether everything is predetermined under what is in the reflection of time (as decided by Kakarayan) or if Kawas/humans can go against it by making choices and sacrifices. 

I also didn’t understand why or how Orad regained his powers. My interpretation was that he asked Kakarayan to save Tien-ti and he would give anything. Hence losing his powers. It appears to be a test of how much he was willing to give up or surrender for Tien-ti. Because at his most desperate time, he chose to completely believe/rely on Kakarayan hearing his pleas for help. This is what seemed to have given him his powers back. 

i don’t know if we are getting closer to any answers. I feel like every episode just leaves me with even more questions!!

but yes, Orad is definitely swoon-worthy. I just want to see him finally admit to Tien-ti that he loves her and that everything he has done for her was because he loved her. 

• Heart Eyes 1

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Wasn't he kind of like one in SOOD too? :lmao2:

Hahaha he was much more creepier in SOOD...like the psycho perv :psweatduck:

In this drama he's like a hyped up fan girl since we also like the romantic tension between the main pair :laugh:

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

@JenL yes I am still watching! I also love seeing all of Orad and Tsien-Ti’s scenes from before the memory wipe. You can see how their love blossomed. 

Yayyyy....I like that there's at least some watchers here. I feel like this drama isn't getting all the hype it deserves. But even SOODs which was popular is still pretty underrated compared to a lot of dramas out there. :heart:

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

How he is able to do all of this without consequences. Like is this Kakarayan just watching while all of this unfolds?

I feel like they are like a being that not even the Kawas have seen properly. It's like they're a level closer than humans, but not completely in touch either...I think the consequences will come later. It's a bit like how humans sometimes do bad things, but later they get caught because there was a security cam watching all along :laugh:

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

I also didn’t understand why or how Orad regained his powers. My interpretation was that he asked Kakarayan to save Tien-ti and he would give anything. Hence losing his powers. It appears to be a test of how much he was willing to give up or surrender for Tien-ti. Because at his most desperate time, he chose to completely believe/rely on Kakarayan hearing his pleas for help. This is what seemed to have given him his powers back.

I totally agree with you. It was confusing, but yeah I share a similar train of thought. I think it was about his faith in Kakarayan...as the animated story at the start seems to depict an all mighty God who is always being forgotten...haha, maybe that's why there's this test? :laugh:

There's going to be a live tonight where the cast talk about what it was like filming the drama with lots of behind the scenes stories :heart:

Also summoning @Mouse for these behind the scenes