Twenty-Five Twenty-One 스물다섯 스물하나 [2022]

bai

Another great episode where I laughed, cried, and then laughed and then cried again. Emotional roller coaster? Kinda... but I enjoyed the episode so much!

I really love seeing the spontaneity and determination of NHD. Am officially a new fan of KTR now 😃 She is so good in bringing out the teenage NHD, considering she is over 30 yo already. 

I went to rewatch the online chat from ep.1, and indeed the name of KYR is never mentioned in the chat. Seems like their chat did not go into details, even the the kind of world (ie.fencing) that NHD was talking about. 

There is only one rant so far from me... and that is the actress playing the older version of NHD 😓 Sorry, but I don’t get the same person vibes. I’ve watched a lot of dramas with older and younger counterparts, and this one has got to be the least alike... 🤔😓

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Omooooooo guess who is Injeolmi - Do Hee's best chat buddy? I was pleasantly surprised . And I like it.

Hahaha I guessed right! :CharmanderYay:

Spoiler

I was thinking strongly that it was going to be Yu Rim (or else it was Hee Do's unknown baby daddy revealed at the very end as a cameo :laugh:) rather than Yi Jin

I felt like it was going to be this ironic twist since Yu Rim seems so determied to dislike Hee Do.

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Another great episode where I laughed, cried, and then laughed and then cried again.

I'm reallly enjoying this too. I feel like it''s bee awhile since I've felt so drawn to a NJH project! I think they're both doing so well to protray growing pains with friendship and family...and Hee Do and Yi Jin's friendship is actually quite touching :heart:

I went to rewatch the online chat from ep.1, and indeed the name of KYR is never mentioned in the chat. Seems like their chat did not go into details, even the the kind of world (ie.fencing) that NHD was talking about.

I suppose they do emphasise that they're not revealing very detailed aspects of their life, though it seems weird that you wouldn't even mention stuff like fencing. She probably just says things like "There was a girl who I really wanted to be friends with who was really mean to me"...haha, well I suppose the chatroom feels very meta since this is like our friendships here...I would laugh if you guys turned out to be my greatest enemies :laugh: (But I don't have any that I know of so unlikely :idk:)

There is only one rant so far from me... and that is the actress playing the older version of NHD 😓 Sorry, but I don’t get the same person vibes. I’ve watched a lot of dramas with older and younger counterparts, and this one has got to be the least alike... 🤔😓

I'm in 2 minds about the older version. She does seem a little like her when she's arguing with her mother as an adult...but I also feel like something is off as well. Not sure if it's because she's suppose to be more mature so the character is very different from the child character, or if they picked the wrong person for the job or because I haven't seen any transition between the 2? :thinking:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I really love seeing the spontaneity and determination of NHD.

Same! On top of all of that, she's so empathetic too. She ran around for two hours looking for his dad because she felt so bad for mistaking his dad for a debt collector. 

2521-22.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

@SilverMoonTea Thanks for trying :) I think as long as HD still in highschool and for the next few years, fencing will be a part of this drama because that's her dream and ambition during her youth. But if you can overlook that part and watch the conversation and growth of the characters while they are conversing, the sport is actually not look that big inside the drama plot :)

I think I could safely say that I'm going to put this in my cw list because I really enjoyed ep 3 and didn't realize that 1 hour and several minutes have passed. I also really like the beginning part of the episode where they transition from the present to the past. The directing felt so smooth. 

pre release clip of ep 4

Hee Do comforts Yi Jin who failed at his job interview. When Yi Jin fell asleep from being drunk, Hee Do left him at first but then she's back to wrap him with blanket and even leave a note so that others won't bother him. The note says that he failed at a job interview so please don't disturb him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

25 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I really enjoyed ep 3 and didn't realize that 1 hour and several minutes have passed.

I agree! I watched this when I was really tired at like 2am thinking I'd probably watch 20 mins and then close it if I fell asleep, but I liked it and was entertianed so much that I just kept watching. Hee Do has really grown on me because of how empathetic and caring she is as @Tofu pointed out.

Also this episode made us all feel closer to Baek Yi Jin

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I like this episode (3) so much more. It definitely helps that there's more focus on Yi Jin's character and the different faces / attitude he displayed when he's with different characters. Additionally there are more interactions between all the main characters in this episode, like Yu Rim with my ex-Racket Boy Moon Ji Woong; Yi Jin with the landlord's daughter and so on.

My favourite part, I think, is seeing Yi Jin being the Hyung protecting his little dongsaeng. And it's also hilarious that he was able to be the sunbae (and be sarcastic) to the landlord's daughter/hoobae. Hehehe. I honestly look forward to the next episode where they all somehow sat together for a meal.

Yi Jin seems to brighten up a bit more as well after the last episode and also makes me laugh how in front of his brother, he's all "Ok ok arasso... I won't embarrass you..." hahahaha. Cute. I'm also liking the scene Yi Jin has with Yu Rim about first love. Yi Jin isn't exactly that much older than Yu Rim but what he said then and there was very mature.

I'm happy for Hee Do getting a chance to compete and fullfil her dream. She has so much motivation and passion. Something only one could afford to have when you're still that young. I'm liking her more too seeing how she's so considerate and empathetic of Yi Jin after nearly causing him missing the chance to reunite with his father. She's a good person with a good heart and Yi Jin recognises that. I'm looking forward to the developing friendship.

Lastly I relate to Hee Do's disappointment towards Yu Rim because it is similar to how shattered we feel when our Oppa turned out not to be the person we imagined him to be (or the character he played which we fell in love with). xDDD

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

, like Yu Rim with my ex-Racket Boy Moon Ji Woong; Yi

I love the potential of this romance!! So cute...our Woo Chan here looks more manly right. Think he bulked up isn't it? 

Such an adorable scene

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Lastly I relate to Hee Do's disappointment towards Yu Rim because it is similar to how shattered we feel when our Oppa turned out not to be the person we imagined him to be (or the character he played which we fell in love with). xDDD

I bet I can relate the most ...see my track record of scandalous oppas! :cry:

@ktcjdrama I also think the vibe the older Do Hee gives off is somewhat different but I suppose maybe cause she's a mum now. I have seen better matched younger - older versions.

Overall another great touching episode . I am actually quite okay that they take their time on the romance because I love how the relationships are changing or developing. The friendships here have plenty of potential.

My favorite right now has got to be Yi Jin @JenL. He's been forced to grow up so quickly and though he seems so downcast at times , I like how he's taking it all in his stride.

I teared up with Yi Jin here: 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

48 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

So cute...our Woo Chan here looks more manly right. Think he bulked up isn't it? 

I think... it's the hairstyle 😆 and a bit more grown up?

49 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I bet I can relate the most ...see my track record of scandalous oppas!

Ah hahahahaha I did think about you. It doesn't even take a scandal to make me feel disappointed with Oppa. If he takes too long to come back to the silver screen and spent all his time on FM tour and CFs, I'm already disappointed. :lmao2: Especially if the Oppa is an actor, not a singer. In a twisted way, I'm grateful COVID-19 got rid of FM tours so actor Oppa had to spend more time in his original job i.e. acting. :P

• Haha 3

I thought why is YR treating HD like a bug even she doesn't know her much. So it turned out into her inferiority complex toward her.

I wonder how could all these flasback story connects to the present day life of older HD. All what we watcued here are the story that her daughter reading secretly. I think it will teach her to start a new for ballet in the end. 

It feels slow but I kinda like its slice of life story they puts in. Episode 2 is much better than one. I think I will keep watching for next episodes. 

• Clapping Hands 3

These two made me laugh so hard! He taught her to dance! Love all the friendships taking off.

There's a very sweet confession at the end ....but I feel even the explanations here don't seem to do it justice ....I need to ask @LaLa  or maybe @ktcjdrama(using Chinese subs) Cause when I read on Naver , it felt more like he used the word greed - meaning he wanted more isn't it? 

Spoiler

And I don't know if this is a red herring about whether it is Yi Jin's kid or not...

Spoiler

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

i have watched both the episodes... few takeaways...

1. Baek Yi Jin will be joining Na Hee Do's Mother's News Broadcasting Channel

2. Old Na Hee Do's Daughter does not know who Baek Yi Jin is ! I have a feeling he may not be the father.

3. Old Na Hee Do's mother still gets to meet Baek Yi Jin time to time.

4. Old Na Hee Do reminisces her stupid rivalry with Yu Rim in younger days.

So Basically when they meet at 25 & 21 ...they will be Sports Reporter and an athlete in their life... that we are yet to see !

But the foreboding makes me worry ! How are they gonna show us happy ending?

I still cannot forget Kim Tae Ri's performance in MY Sunshine... Eugene Choi sacrificed his life Lady Go Ae Shin...

I swear if another sad ending awaits , I will ot be able to take it !!! This is Nuts.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@abs-oluteM the word 욕심 does have a meaning greed, but it can also be translated to ambition or desire or wish or want which are probably sounded more positive than the word greed. I guess it all based on the sentence interpretation or how people looking at the context? I couldn't see the tweet that you attach btw. Maybe the owner deleted the tweet?

And I think it will be best if we also hear @stroppyse opinion about this because she's more knowledgeable than me in this part. :) 

I mostly interpreted a sentence or a conversation as a whole, and mixed it with my own feelings hahaha.. interpreting it words by words sometimes will only make you confuse. Languages are difficult to learn sometimes... hahaha

reference clip for @stroppyse

Spoiler

My takes on this particular scene (combining it with the previous conversation Yi Jin has with Hee Do)

Why are you rooting for me? Even my mom doesn't root for me

Because you made me to have hope. That's why I keep wanting more 

Clips for the encouraging talk between Hee Do and Yi Jin

Spoiler

My interpretation for the first clip

HD Even if my dream doesn't come true, I won't be disappointed. I am used to lose and failure.

YJ : That's what people say about mental power. The mindset that everyone wants to have, a feeling that isn't afraid of losing nor facing a failure. I wish I could have it that makes me to take it away from you. That's why probably when I am feeling mentally weak, I want to meet with you

Second clip

YJ: Among all the athletes in the tryouts, you are the most experienced athlete who has faced many losses. And with those experiences, you have slowly built a staircase. Think about it. Now you have the highest staircase. You can go up slowly and take everything you wanted.

HD Why are you rooting for me? Even my mom doesn't root for me

YJ : Because you give me hope. That's why I keep wanting more 

Those slow piano instrumental.. gah I couldn't play piano but I can listen to that for several times a day :wow:

Yi Jin who can't take off his eyes off Hee Do.. What's with his melo eyes hmm? 

Spoiler for ep 5

Spoiler

Yi Jin is disappeared to nowhere and the youngsters are going to look for him in the upcoming episodes

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

12 hours ago, LaLa said:

And I think it will be best if we also hear @stroppyse opinion about this because she's more knowledgeable than me in this part. :) 

Your translation is good @LaLa for the reference twitter clip. My version which cleans it up just a bit.

HD: Why do you cheer me on? Not even my mother cheers me on.

YJ: Because you make me anticipate. (me: It's like saying 'you give me hope', but it's more that he's looking forward to what comes next.)

YJ: So, I keep getting greedier. (me: Meaning that he keeps wanting to see even more what will happen in the future.)

Another translation of the first clip regarding their encouraging talk:

HD: Even if my dreams don’t come true, I’m not disappointed. Since I’ve become used to losing and failure.
YJ: That is what people call mental strength. That strong mind that is not afraid of losing and not fearful of failure, that strength is what everyone wants.
YJ: I envy that to the point of wanting to steal it from you.
YJ: That’s probably why whenever I feel myself being weak, I want to see you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Lovely episode. Especially the ending where we have no less than 10 minutes of the OTP's interactions - sparring, bonding, and even confession of the hearts. Look at the loving gazes BYJ was giving NHD as she was fitting the fencing suit on him. Someone's falling hard already... :love: Really love this alone time that they shared. The way he switched the banana milk which sent her to a shock, LOL... He pointedly asked aren't you happy to see me, and she felt that they're like enacting a scene from Romeo and Juliet, LOL... Then he said seeing how different she is in the fencing gear, he felt that he shouldn't tease her, yet the next second he pulled her shoelaces loose, LOL... Also love how he affirmed her ability to achieve her dreams, that she is more capable than anyone else because of her strong positive mentality. That green light in the darkness was a really nice touch to end the whole scene.

There are so many little scenes I love, and lots of life-lesson lines. I will just mention one scene I enjoyed which was when they were having the meal together (Loach soup, anyone? What do they taste like?!). Their conversation was really funny there, with everyone interested to know how the other people is related to another but no one is interested in NHD and she's just cool about it, LOL... And so, we have the first group picture. NHD must've cherished the friendships formed then that she kept it in her diary and labeled it as "first" group picture, so there will be more? But the scene that followed was so worrying... The person BYJ is definitely not present in NHD's daughter's live, that she didn't recognise him in the picture. Let's say he changed name/surname, she would've been able to recognise him at least? So, that theory is out. He seems to still be alive, but out of touch with NHD? Mother saw him a month ago. Where? At a company function? They're supposed to have worked in the same company. What happened to him? Overseas assignment? So many questions! I cannot wait for ep.5 to air! We do have to prepare our hearts for their fall out sometime in the future, though. But, considering that Min Chae might not be BYJ's daughter, the falling out might be nothing to dread at all if the OTP didn't end up together. Ottoke? I'm loving this OTP so much that I cannot have them not ending up together in the end! I'm not prepared at all :nervous: Not to mention the lyrics of the song 25-21 "I thought it would last forever" -- is this foreshadowing the non-HE of our OTP?

I went to check who the Director and Writer are, and turned out that I've seen and enjoyed all of their works! No wonder I am loving this drama so much. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Feeling like an watching a Reply series thinking the whole time “who is the Daddy?!”

Other than really enjoyed episode 4.  It really made me laugh at various times.

Long shot guess there was a name change due to everyone knowing who the Baek’s are.  At the same time, shouldn’t Hee Do daughter know who BYJ is?

I have so many drama’s to catch up on Netflix at moment. Peace 

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

43 minutes ago, Mizv said:

interesting point about the math timeline…. Ironic BYJ is good at math. And now everyone is doing the math! 

If I'm not wrong Min Chae age is 15 y.o based on the relationship chart. And mostly the age that is used to describe in the characters description following the Korean Age system. Internationally in 1998 Hee Do was 17 y.o and Yi Jin was 21 y.o (born in 1981 and 1977 respectively. Min Chae was born on 2007 

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I went to check who the Director and Writer are, and turned out that I've seen and enjoyed all of their works! No wonder I am loving this drama so much

I heard both have worked together in search WWW and I really enjoyed it. Thankfully the romance looks more smooth this time. The previous one I couldn't really enjoy the main pair romance. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

I heard both have worked together in search WWW and I really enjoyed it. Thankfully the romance looks more smooth this time. The previous one I couldn't really enjoy the main pair romance. 

LOL... me too! I enjoyed the other two pairs much better. Talking about which... (ending spoiler of Search: WWW)

Spoiler

the main pair there didn't end up together, did they? I couldn't remember well, haha... but it made me think that this writer has guts to do the same for this drama.

I almost calculated the ages as well, but decided not to since their ages are one year difference from the regular ones we know. Stopped doing that especially against a time line (in crime dramas). Unless there is a clear DOB shown to us.

I think NJH shines so well when paired with the right actress... :smug:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

oh so many things I likeeeee ep 3-4. I'm actually not expecting will grow this level of like already within 4 eps

kind of free fallin' to NHD x BYJ arc but I also prepare for beautiful but hurts lecture about life with this..

But really, that death possibility.. IDKKKKKK

NHD's daughter age if I remember it well not in age 18?? So the math is wrong (about she was born in 2003)

btw I find it interesting to know the relationship reveal NHD - KYR of a fangirl-heartful anon diary-enemy-to-bestie. So invested in these two dynamic

9 hours ago, Mizv said:

Feeling like an watching a Reply series thinking the whole time “who is the Daddy?!”

well this description kind of fit LOOOOL

12 hours ago, movingwheel said:

1. Baek Yi Jin will be joining Na Hee Do's Mother's News Broadcasting Channel

2. Old Na Hee Do's Daughter does not know who Baek Yi Jin is ! I have a feeling he may not be the father.

3. Old Na Hee Do's mother still gets to meet Baek Yi Jin time to time.

4. Old Na Hee Do reminisces her stupid rivalry with Yu Rim in younger days.

So Basically when they meet at 25 & 21 ...they will be Sports Reporter and an athlete in their life... that we are yet to see !

yeah. This is interesting oneeeeeeeee what will happen by seeing the description they are in love but also BEFORE that should be storm they are hurting eo.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:19 PM, ktcjdrama said:

this actually makes me wonder, if that older version 'vibe' of NHD is intentional. What's happened way back then when she was 21? Could be all of those things makes her change that hard?

~~~

nowww ok the way Baek "back" Yijin graces my screen :wow: lemme fangirl his shoulder with that black t-shirt!! HAHAHHHAHA I like the 1998 humble styling its like he is outta from old manhwa somewhere???

my most favorite by far from this drama is ep 4 ending. It is so wholesome & beautiful. The light play vs dialogues (!!!) is a chef's kiss love this directing + their beautiful face of emotion mostly admiration aaaaaaa KTR & NJH shinesss

FMEtCXiVQAEOa9Y?format=jpg&name=large

• Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Loved this weekend's episodes! The story is progressing at a good pace, and so are the characters' development. Every single one, from the school mates and their friendships, to our main couple. Even in the present time, you see more of the daughter and how she is (or is not) like her mum.

Like some of you, I laughed and I certainly cried. Hee Do is such a sincere friend. And she certainly doesn't let social conventions and barriers stop her. I absolutely love how she managed to get not just herself, but all the others, to be able to train in the evenings. She's not all that silly. Perhaps just lacking in sufficient guidance to excel beyond her initial giftedness. I do wonder why her mother, even into her adulthood, does not think she had the ability to do well in the sport. 

I also love the sentiment that it was the times that took away from as well as gave to her opportunities. It is like what I often tell my students - the most important thing with each experience is not the memory of it but how you responded to it at the time. Our response, we can dictate, even as we might not be able to directly influence the circumstances we find ourselves in. That to me, seems an important theme of this show, which is what I'm liking. There is depth to this story telling. 

And yes, the who-is-min-chae's-dad is keeping everyone on the edge of their seats. I don't want a sad ending, but at this point, if Min Chae doesn't know who Baek Yijin is, then who is he in their future? It's as if the endings are gonna be sad whether it's a "he's dead" theory or "she never told him" theory. Somehow, I don't think it would be the latter. Doesn't seem like Hee Do to want to skirt around things. Why is it set up like this??? :idk:

NJH is progressing very well in this role. I feel the pain of his character in trying to be the adult when he's really not quite ready to be one yet. You hafta admit - at 21, you're still pretty much fumbling around. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2