Bad and Crazy 배드 앤 크레이지 [2021-2022]

abs-oluteM

It was a great premiere episode as far as I am concerned. There was plenty of action and can be rather violent, but the main narrative has been laid clear for us to see. We will be journeying along with RSY as his conscience begins to shake him up. He isn't a bad cop in terms of skills, and I 'd like to think he was probably like Officer Oh when he was younger - eager and motivated to serve with right motives. I can see that the need to give the family a better life, and of course personal desire and ambitions clouded his judgement over the years. Hence he is often driven to make questionable decisions. It is ironic though given that he's in internal affairs - which investigates internal corruption.  Loved the ending scene with K smiling at him since his conscience is clearly here to give him a good smacking literally & figuratively speaking. :laugh:

Talking about Oh, I like him a lot and I felt bad that he was beaten to a pulp twice.  I admire his desire to do good but like any rookie cop stuck in a rotting system where self preservation and selfish desires reign, he is going to have a hard time living up to and executing his ideals and values. I am looking forward to see how he will affect RSY. I hope they can team up , alongside his feisty ex girl friend and fight the corruption within the system.

New stills

FG4ETa-UcAEUN1v?format=png&name=small

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I love eps 2 as well as we see that this drama is more than just K going crazy and giving RSY a hard time. This is a police procedural. Of course, bad cop Do In Beom who is in cahoots with Assemblyman Do found a way to make Oh Kyung Tae responsible for Jeong Yu Na's death. Kyung Tae in this episode is still in a coma. RSY instinctively knew Oh can't be the perpetrator but with overwhelming "evidence" but  RSY just agreed to it. His partner was pissed off that RSY is not investigating further - they all know it is Do's doing. His ex tells him that Jeong Yu Na was her dead partner's informant and tells him it is not as simple as it looks. But of course with pressure from the top and distractions of his promotion , RSY acted against his cop instincts yet again. 

But I do like how RSY is being shown here . A conflicted character that's not entirely without conscience. He may have closed an eye to Oh's case but he wasn't that ecstatic about his promotion. K's presence is an indication his subconscious wishes to do better. Every time he does something "bad" , K appears and drags him to right the wrong. RSY with the necklace tip from his ex, finally discovers the video that has proof that Assemblyman Do is guilty for JYN's death...but will he do something about it? It seems like he wanted to cover and that is why K appeared again.

So at the end it was revealed that RSY & K are one and the same. K is the hero that RSY deep down wishes he could be instead of the ass kissing scum he is now. I hope RSY will reinvestigate the case & clear Oh's name. And I really would like to see more of his ex...interesting history there between the two. 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I liked the first two episodes. They were definitely crazyyyyyyyy:pandacoolsip:

I wonder what other things K is doing that RSY has yet to figured out. K seems to know a lot more than RSY because he was acting on things before RSY was aware of it. 

BTS.

Super impressed with Wi Ha Joon, I can't believe that was actually oil they were fighting in!! Those actors did an amazing job! 

• Clapping Hands 1

I think Wi Ha Joon might be my last adoption for 2021. I love his crazy righteous character so much in this. Haha! 

Be back to add more after my family's Christmas gathering but I love that RSY and K are so comfortable with each other now. :laugh:

• Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu am just done with eps 3 ...that assemblyman has deep pockets ...feels like he has a hold on everyone at the station. Even that incriminating video cannot help them much at this stage.

K aside, I do see that RSY's own conscience is affecting him too . Just found out that he's adopted ...maybe that's why he feels so compelled to take care of mum & bro because they showed him much love while growing up.

ahahah I know this is a procedural but I do like this little moment...:duckhearts:

• Party! 1

Oh my god K is in love with the ex!! :hug:Sometimes I can't decide if K is just a separate entity altogether or he is truly RSY's subconscious  - as in deep down this is who RSY really is and how he feels. 

Poor Officer Oh  , he got beat up again but I was so glad that they put that assemblyman to jail and got justice for the little girl. Though of course now ex is framed for the bus incident and the assemblyman's murder. Actually in this episode I thought there is slight hope for RSY as in I think he is becoming less of a coward that he is. But of course to make it believable , he isn't 100% a new leaf yet. He was only going to save ex because K says he will then leave RSY alone. 

Subbed BTS for ep 3 and 4

• Party! 1

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was so glad that they put that assemblyman to jail and got justice for the little girl.

At the end of episode 4, was the assemblyman dead or was he just injured? I have no idea why I can't remember what happened to him. Haha! 

They abused Officer Oh so much in the last four episodes, it was hard to watch him constantly get beat up. I admired his courage to not back down even though people continued to harm him. He may be a little timid but is feisty when needed.

24 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ctually in this episode I thought there is slight hope for RSY as in I think he is becoming less of a coward that he is. But of course to make it believable , he isn't 100% a new leaf yet. He was only going to save ex because K says he will then leave RSY alone. 

Maybe this is why K exist because RSY sees himself as two separate people -- his younger self who was about finding the truth and punishing the bad, and his current self, who is only about money and moving up. RSY needs K to put him in check and get back the conscience he once had when he started.

@abs-oluteM The two villains, what language are they speaking when it's not Korean? I don't know why I'm having such a hard time catching on to it. I think it was mentioned briefly in the drama, but I can't remember what they said. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Insightful 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

At the end of episode 4, was the assemblyman dead or was he just injured? I have no idea why I can't remember what happened to him. Haha! 

He died . They showed his body and another cop's body for post mortem

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

The two villains, what language are they speaking when it's not Korean?

Oh were they speaking in a different language and not some regional accent? ahahah I can't remember. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh were they speaking in a different language and not some regional accent? ahahah I can't remember. 

I don't know, was it a regional accent and not a different language? :lmao2:

Poor @mademoiselle! Haha! I think the drama is a bit crazy in the sense that you have to view both LDW and WHJ as the same character when they have different personalities. It doesn't help that they show both of them on the same screen so it's like two different people together and not just the one. There are some dramatic cuts here and there too. At least the cuts are a little better than Bulgasal? LOL!

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And why there is a Do In Beom in there playing a bad cop!

I'm especially fond of this name because of YSJ for RD!

I pretended that was not his name every time someone said it. :laugh:

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Poor @mademoiselle! Haha! I think the drama is a bit crazy in the sense that you have to view both LDW and WHJ as the same character when they have different personalities. It doesn't help that they show both of them on the same screen so it's like two different people together and not just the one. There are some dramatic cuts here and there too. At least the cuts are a little better than Bulgasal? LOL!

LOL. I didn't even get that far to see Wi Ha Joon (he was still in helmet). Poor LDW just keeps getting beaten up by himself.

I did see cuts of Wi Ha Joon taking over to beat up some thuds in a convenience store. His action scenes are good.

• Haha 2

I'm surprised at how many things they were able to fit in episode five. :psweatduck:

• Hui Gyeom is framed for killing the assemblyman and her team members in the accident when they were transporting him to a different area -- she was the only one that survived. Drugs were planted at her home and RSY does not have the evidences to help so she got arrested. 
  • The culprit behind the accident and the drugs at HG's house was HG's team captain and some her team members. They wanted to kill the assemblyman for the drugs. They were blinded by the amount of money the drugs would bring them. It got to the point where the team captain went to the leader of the drug ring (the two people with the accent) to cut a deal with them. They told the team captain he needs to kill the "rat", meaning he has to kill RSY. They kidnapped RSY and in front of RSY, the team captain killed the person they hired to drive into the bus and one of the team member. The team captain forced RSY to lie about what he saw which triggered K. He is so upset at RSY that they start yelling at each other. 
  • RSY looked into the Min Su's case some more and was intrigued by a photo of how the bodies were lying down at the crime scene. It doesn't match the team captain's story, so he decided to go back to check the crime scene again. He realized the team captain is behind Min Su's death. The team captain, also, purposely harmed himself so he could say that Min Su tried to attack him. RSY is determined to look into this more and asked K to help him. He tells K they cannot trust anyone but themselves because (1) they can't and (2) he doesn't want to put his team in danger. 
  • OGT is part of RSY's team now (I'm excited for this because I think he'll be a great help to RSY and also keeping him on the right path)

I can understand why K was upset at RSY because I was too. I was not surprised when he lied about it but deep down, I was hoping he wouldn't. I'm just glad that he developed a conscience later on and is willing to start looking into the case more closely. I liked that he asked K to work together with him. Is this the start of RSY turning over a new leaf? Hahaha! They are probably going to bicker a lot with each other. :laugh:

• Clapping Hands 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

OGT is part of RSY's team now (I'm excited for this because I think he'll be a great help to RSY and also keeping him on the right path)

Me too. Given his enthusiasm and straight-up personality , he'd be an asset there.

I kind of expected RSY to cave in when Kim Kye Sik ( HG's bad bad boss) caught him. True that RSY is all about self-preservation, but we always see glimpses of hope that he is bothered about stuff. Because K his other personality, I think K will only disappear once he is 100% remorseful . I am curious though about his forgotten memories - what is the trauma that caused him to have split personalities?

Am enjoying the interactions between RSY & K. Wi Ha Joon is clearly having a blast playing him. 

New stills...they are going undercover in the drug smuggling den

http://file.mk.co.kr/meet/neds/2022/01/image_readtop_2022_1369_16410216124903510.png

FIANC_pVIAA4hvw?format=png&name=small