Link: Eat, Love, Die 링크: 먹고 사랑하라, 죽이게 [2022]

mademoiselle

This is starting so soon! I feel like I've read a lot about this drama (since initially it was rumoured that LJW would take the part) but even now that it's finally been cast and it's starting Monday...I still have no idea what it's really about  :laugh: I feel like this is one of those dramas that I'll understand once I watch...but definitely not from the description alone!

But I like both the leads and looking forward to seeing them paired :heart:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL I am still trying to understand the trailers & the synopsis!

From what I understand , they are supposed to feel what the other party feels . Something about her being the organ recipient of his twin brother's heart? 

Or was it the other way round?

New stills

NISI20220603_0001012950_web.jpg?rnd=2022

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

21 hours ago, Tofu said:

I watched the first episode and it is strange.....hahaha! 

I feel like I've watched such scenario before (as in she thought she killed someone and hide the body and then the body disappeared). HAHAHA...! It's not "weird-weird" for me but it's not exactly engaging.

Spoiler

Plus I broke something so I superglue it and got superglue on my fingers so I was spending more time googling ways to remove dried superglue from my skin than paying 100% attention on episode 1.

• Haha 3

Hahahaha I just watched the first episode and you remember how I said I don't know what this drama is about? I still don't quite know what it's about @abs-oluteM :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

I agree with @Tofu This is by the far one of the weirdest dramas I've ever seen. But I'm enjoying the storyline which is full of mystery and thriller elements. They put the stalker in the first episode sooo at least that's out of the way :popcorn:

Also the visuals for this drama is nice...both YJG and MGY are very stunning :wow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Done with the 4th episodes. I'm getting used to the so-called weird execution of the drama and starting to be more interested because of the occasional suspense and introduction of multiple mysteries. I am starting to think it was intentional the story at the moment to be all over the place and ideally all clear up when all the puzzles are pieced together. The writer wrote Hello Monster. It's one of my favourite mystery thriller of all time. Suspicious Partner didn't do Hello Monster justice. I'm not so sure if LINK will either but I can only hope it doesn't fail in its story-telling. However, once it's established that this writer wrote LINK, the drama didn't feel so weird anymore... haha.

In episode 4, we learn that Da Hyun is definitely NOT Gye Hoon's twin sister. His friend Jin Hoo had secretly done a DNA test. We also get a glimpse of young Da Hyun as well, and it is shown that she's the bigger girl beside the twin sister when the twin sister was bullied. Episode 4 also revealed the stalker didn't die. He managed to escape from the fridge, stole a knife from Gye Hoon's kitchen but was hit by a taxi.

The irony ... we have a reunion of Yeo Jin Gu and this serial killer actor from Beyond Evil. Supposedly he's the suspect of Gye Hoon's sister's disappearance.

Link-Eat_Love_Kill-Lee_Gyu_Hoe.jpg Han Ui Chan (Lee Gyu Hoe)

Many questions await answers:

1. Where did Gye Hoon's twin sister disappear to?

2. Did Han Ui Chan really kill her? Who is his son (the grown up version)?

3. Lee Eun Jung seems to be another crazy lady/stalker who is obsessed with her stalker brother, Lee Ji Geun. Will she be dangerous too?

4. Why is Gye Hoon able to feel Da Hyun?

5. What did the Taxi Driver do to Lee Ji Geun's body? Did he kill Lee Ji Geun?

6. The policeman Ji Won Tak was quite brutal when beating up the abusive husband. Is he a shady character too?

The mystery of Lee Ji Geun remains. And I wonder if there were more incidents happened to Lee Ji Geun that there will be more and more town people's involved with each of them thinking they were the ones who killed him. LOL. If so, I think that would be interesting... to see how the series of events happened when it is unfold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Episodes 1-3

Hahaha I'm catching up, so I haven't read your post proper @mademoiselle but I also came to the conclusion that this series reminds me of Beyond Evil with the creepy neighbourhood where there's a lot of secrets and the suspected killer in the same guy from Beyond Evil  :lettalKWA: Actually, I've got to stop watching this so late at night because it's creeping me out...mainly it's the suspense and the walking back at night and being stalked scenes since this show isn't actually that gory yet. Also when Gye Hoon looked out the window and the ex-paino-teacher-turned-beggar was staring in, I was majorly creeped out!!! :PikaWutS::lettalKWA:

I like the chemistry between the leads...it's so cute to see their midnight dinner dates and the way he looked when he saw her without an umbrella and after she fought with her mum...I think I'm starting to fall for him in a big way and he will bump up a rank in the Oppa Tiers :wow::lol:  BUT their relationship is a weird one! I mean, if Da Hyun turns out not to be Gye Hoon's sister, will they like each other??? It's so weirddddd to like someone that you once suspected might have had some tiny chance of being your sibling! Ugh, it's messing with my mind!!! I feel like the friend has the right idea, stealing their hairs and forcing a DNA test. It's the only way to be sure! :BulbaConfused::laugh:

The one thing that bothers me, that might be addressed in future episodes but hasn't been yet...is why the neighbourhood people don't really seem to recognise Gye Hoon and why he doesn't seem to know them either...even though it's literally the same people which you see in that shaman ceremony from his childhood after his sister disppeared. I mean, if Da Hyun's mum was already living in the neighbourhood, wouldn't he have known she had a kid even if he didn't know her well? :thinking: Also, wouldn't they have known his name when he moved back? Sure he was a kid when he lived there, but I feel like the neighbours are nosy enough ajummas that they would have pieced together the past. I'm just confused is all! :idk:

Still, I'm really enjoying this series because it has such a weird unconventional way about it. I can't tell what's going to happen next! And so I'm quite intrigued. I also feel like the characters react in really strange ways. Like would you hang out with someone who had the fridge with the body if you couldn't yet find the body? They're just so quirky that I'm going along for the ride :heiboi: 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3

I think there's a connection between Da Hyun and the sister. Maybe something happened and Da Hyun received an organ from the sister? I don't know how to rationally describe the link besides that thinking they probably share a heart or something. 

The police officer is definitely shady. Can someone violently beat up someone they have no connection to and still be considered a good person? 

I'm glad to know the stalker is not dead but I still want to know how he ended up on the ground unconscious when Da Hyun fainted/blacked out during the attack. And like @mademoiselle pointed out, what happened to him after he was hit by the taxi?

This town is so shady -- what else is going on there? In which to @JenL's point, this piece about the drama reminds me a lot of Beyond Evil too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think there's a connection between Da Hyun and the sister. Maybe something happened and Da Hyun received an organ from the sister? I don't know how to rationally describe the link besides that thinking they probably share a heart or something.

That cross my mind too but from watching You Are My Spring, I learnt that heart transplant receiver won't be able to live a life so rashly like her -- running, eating whatever, drinking etc. Kim Dong Wook when in YAMS, he's always had to be careful of his immune system and take medicines.

• Like 2

When the pairing was announced I actually felt they're not really matching. And from the interview they're like long lost friend rather than potential lover. But I was wrong, I enjoyed their drama so much and it gave me butterflies. Especially that umbrella scenes. @JenLhe's definitely is a 😍😍😍, I think he just becoming more and more handsome, no? 

The childhood story and the current one connected quite well, and the town is creepy but it grown into me. Especially her mom and the grandma 😅 

I'm not sure what genre this drama is 😂, I think it's dark comedy, romance, thriller ? Somehow since beginning eventhough many people said it's strange, but I don't really feel so? Maybe I myself is weird 😆 @stroppysecome to watch with us. 

@mademoiselleThe young police guy Ji perhaps is the piano/urine guy's son? I just found the kid actor look similar to him haha... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif