Link: Eat, Love, Die 링크: 먹고 사랑하라, 죽이게 [2022]

mademoiselle

Hahaha @mademoiselle I didn't realise you were still watching. Did you finish in the end? I actually finished this on Monday night? I had a hectic weekend because of an emergency and it's thrown my drama watching schedule. And then I started obsessing over Extraordinary Attorney Woo Young Woo and forgot to write about all my other dramas.

Eps 11-16

Well I can't say I liked this drama, but I didn't hate it either. It just didn't make that much sense. I thought there were a number of good ideas like Ji Won Tak's storyline which was pretty sad since it was one of those stories about unforgivable mistakes which ruin a person's life. I also liked the mum and grandma's antics and that plot twist being that she's actually mum's mother in law, not real mother. But in terms of the entire storyline I didn't like the flow of events/ pacing. For example, the restaurant took 16 episodes to open and Gye Hoon closed it before it even openned at some point, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Also Gye Hoon mentioned that the real reason he went back to the town was to find his father not his sister (who he knew was dead)...but not once was there a scene of him actually actively searching for his father? :thinking::pandathink:

In the end the mysteries ended up being pretty straight forward except there were 2 guys instead of one with the fishmarket guy who was the friend of the good cop. In a weird way, I actually feel that this town was more sinister than Beyond Evil. :lol: I think in Beyond Evil

the people were more supportive of each other except for the 3 most evil people in the town. But in this series, people have their own selfish acts and secrets like the guy who ignored Gye Hoon' sister or Da Hyun's mum not reporting and therefore no one search to see if more kids were kidnapped. :idk: The Link was semi explained as Da Hyun promised to convey the message to Gye Hoon...but it wasn't a very sceintific/ logical/ magical explaination.

In terms of acting, I think MGY and YGJ did their best, but the poor writing didn't help them. Glad LJW didn't pick this up when he was rumoured to be offered. Oh well, the story managed to tie up the main mystery before the last episode which was used to tie up all loose ends, which was good because it left nothing else to ponder and had a super happy ending. Ah, well, at least I can put this in the finished basket. :heiboi:

• Like 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL I tried really hard to watch this, but I still have the finale episode to watch. I've lost the mojo for this and not sure I care enough to watch the finale. Are you still watching Cafe Minamdang? This is another drama I've lost interest but I'm updated. I'm currently obsessed with C-drama instead (I know, I surprise myself. What are the odds?!)

Did the father ever re-appear? You were right. He wasn't actively doing anything - either find his father or investigate.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I tried really hard to watch this, but I still have the finale episode to watch. I've lost the mojo for this and not sure I care enough to watch the finale. Are you still watching Cafe Minamdang? This is another drama I've lost interest but I'm updated.

Hahaha it's like a super happy ending I guess in terms of a murder mystery, but because the storyline was very meh in the first place, it doesn't save it or anything. I'm still watching Cafe Minamdang, but I spoke too soon the last time and I'm eating my words because I found the female lead extremely annoying in the last few episodes :niu:

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm currently obsessed with C-drama instead (I know, I surprise myself. What are the odds?!)

Wow, who would have thought! :lettalKWA: Haha, I was wondering where you and Tofu disappeared to but then I saw in Oppa tracker and suspected y'all might be in C-Dramaland! There's been a lot of medicore Kdramas this year though - I'm surprised I've finished them all despite not caring for them. My need for escapism must have been strong :lol:  My obsession is currently EAWYW which must be obvious from my spamming at all angles :laugh:

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Did the father ever re-appear? You were right. He wasn't actively doing anything - either find his father or investigate.

Nah, he got killed by the murderer. Gye hoon ended up buying the land where murderer hinted that he buried the bodies and they found the dad and sister's bodies buried there. Sad, but gave Gye hoon closure :idk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL If I'm super bored and had nothing to watch, I might play LINK in the background. LOL.

Maybe because I'm watching something very serious for the C-drama and obsessed with it, I'm having difficulty with Cafe Minamdang's humour all of a sudden. Like, most of the times now I think Seo In Guk et al. is over-doing it. And like you, I cannot handle the FL. I feel like I'm hanging on for SIG - when he's serious and solving the mysteries or doing some good profiling.

Agree there hadn't been many nice kdramas. It feels like the good ones have ended (plus no more Rowoon) and most Oppas' projects have been mediocre. And then Love Like the Galaxy came along. @Tofu wasn't even selling the drama to me! I was sold by people I followed on my Weibo. You know when you see something and you feel drawn to it, that's what Galaxy did for the preview and some clips, and I am a sucker for ML who is quiet, cold or stoic. It was not too hard as well because I already quite like the FL and the ML is @Tofu's Oppa who is a child actor (like Yeo Jin Goo) and the drama is using original voice. The main actors in there are all good too so it's like all the stars aligned for this drama. :wow2:

I hope I can come back to kdramaland soon with Lee Jong Suk's Big Mouth.

Hahahaha yeah, I saw your obsession on Woo Young Woo. So is Abs.

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Nah, he got killed by the murderer. Gye hoon ended up buying the land where murderer hinted that he buried the bodies and they found the dad and sister's bodies buried there. Sad, but gave Gye hoon closure

Ah I see. I thought it might be the case.

• Haha 2
On 7/29/2022 at 11:05 AM, JenL said:

the restaurant took 16 episodes to open

HAHAHAHA!! I bothered @mademoiselle and @SilverMoonTea about this. I was wondering when he would ever open up his restaurant. He must have a lot of disposable income to rent a place and not make any money. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:31 AM, JenL said:

I'm eating my words because I found the female lead extremely annoying in the last few episodes

YESSSSSS! Me too! I've been complaining about her to stroppyse in the CM drama thread. She's supposed to be this talented detective but I don't see it. I enjoy the moments SIG is profiling too, @mademoiselle. When he's a silly, I have to FF if that scene is too long for my liking. 

Thanks for being the MVP, @JenL! I dropped the drama around episode 11. I couldn't continue because there was too much going on. The execution of some of the storyline was kind of lackluster too. :idk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle@JenL@TofuI stopped Link at 8 or something? Haha... Can see they will go so lovey dovey and sugary and I save myself out from it 😅 Yes the story kind of go round and round and it started to become annoying. 

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Maybe because I'm watching something very serious for the C-drama and obsessed with it, I'm having difficulty with Cafe Minamdang's humour all of a sudden. Like, most of the times now I think Seo In Guk et al. is over-doing it.

I already have problem with CM from ep 1 itself, and I also think SIG overdoing the comedy, and the character too tacky for my liking. Me too lately always ended up watching C dramas 😅 I'm watching Immortal Samsara now. 

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha yeah, I saw your obsession on Woo Young Woo. So is Abs.

I finished ep 10 WYW too. It's quite well done and have many topics, so I still stay with it. Despite the romance is just okay only for me 😂 

Spoiler

I prefer they don't do romance in it. Yes just kill me and stab me guys 🤣

Plan to try BM too.... and so sad why Sunday almost end again 🥲

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif