Hellbound 지옥 S1 [2021] + S2 in Q4, 2024

mademoiselle

Season 2

q-YYADd-3f.jpg6002k-P-3f.jpg

Plot Summary

"Hellhound 2" begins with the resurrection of Jung Jin-Soo (Kim Sung-Cheol) and Park Jung-Ja (Kim Shin-Rok). Min Hey-Jin (Kim Hyun-Joo) continues her fight against Saejinrihwe and The Arrowheads. The secret group Sodo appears that opposes Saejinrihwe. They are led by a mysterious man (Yang Dong-Geun).

Cast

Season 1

FDYx3PAVIAUAHLT?format=jpg&name=large 

Spoiler

FCQnxM5UcAcNkF9?format=jpg&name=largeFCQnxM7UcAMY3TZ?format=jpg&name=largeHellbound_Netflix-p1.jpg

• Literal title: Hell
  • Revised romanization: Jiok
  • Hangul: 지옥
  • Director: Yeon Sang-Ho
  • Writer: Yeon Sang-Ho (webcomic & screenplay), Choi Kyu-Seok (webcomic & screenplay)
  • Broadcast: Netflix
  • Episodes: 6
  • Release Date: November 19, 2021

Plot Summary

People hear predictions on when they will die. When that time comes, a death angel appears in front of them and kills them.

Jung Jin-Soo (Yoo Ah-In) is the head of new religion Saejinrihwe. He speaks about the phenomenon when death angels from Hell come and states it's a revelation from God. Jung Jin-Soo has intense charisma and a mysterious aspect.

Bae Young-Jae (Park Jung-Min) is a PD for a broadcasting station. He tries to dig out the truth about religious group Saejinrihwe.

Min Hey-Jin (Kim Hyun-Joo) is a lawyer. She stands up against the group “Hwasalchok” (‘Arrowhead’), which consists of people who blindly follow Saejinrihwe.

Song So-Hyun (Won Jin-A) is Bae Young-Jae’s wife. She collapses in emotional pain, which she can not deal with.

Jin Kyung-Hoon (Yang Ik-June) is a detective and investigates cases involving the appearance of angels of deaths.

Cast

Spoiler

ource: AsianWiki

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

New Netflix series 'Hellbound', starring Yoo Ah In, confirmed its premiere date.

'Hellbound' depicts the story of a revived religious organization called 'Saejinrihwe' and the people who try to reveal the truth behind the events that occur in relation to the mysterious religious group. Followers of 'Saejinrihwe', called 'Hwasalchok', believe that it is a revelation from God when death angels from hell appear before them to end their lives.

In the released trailer video, the shocking appearance of a man who becomes completely deteriorated by the death angels from hell is shown. The fast-paced introduction to the new Netflix series' vast worldview immediately captured the attention of viewers from all over the world. Yoo Ah In plays the role of Jung Jin Soo, the head of the religious organization 'Saejinrihwe'.

Park Jung Min plays the role of Bae Young Jae, a producer for a broadcasting station who tries to unveil the truth behind the religious organization. Kim Hyun Joo plays the role of Min Hye Jin, a lawyer who fights against the 'Hwasalchok'. In particular, 'Hellbound' is the work of director Yeon Sang Ho, who is widely recognized for his films 'Train to Busan', 'Peninsula', and 'Psychokinesis'.

'Hellbound' will be released on November 19.

source: AllKPOP

@Chocolate @abs-oluteM @im0202 Are you guys interested? 😆 Must say the poster looks so ugly.

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Must say the poster looks so ugly

Haha yeah I don’t know what to focus on on that poster... seems to have too much going on. I’m used to simple-looking posters with one focal point, unless it’s for superhero movies like the Avengers.

Saw the trailer yesterday and I’m undecided for now. Might wait for some reviews first! 

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Haha yeah I don’t know what to focus on on that poster... seems to have too much going on. I’m used to simple-looking posters with one focal point, unless it’s for superhero movies like the Avengers.

Saw the trailer yesterday and I’m undecided for now. Might wait for some reviews first! 

True. I'm also unsure and not-so-secretly hoping it's something like Sweet Home xD

Another post I saw didn't mention about religion so but now that it says it's religion related, I'm not so sure now coz I don't like seeing people obsessing about religions (like Save Me) and do crazy stuff.

• Haha 3

@mademoiselle Yes, I am very much looking forward to this. So far, Yoo Ah In seems to have been choosing his projects well. So hopefully this will be good too!

"Unearthly beings deliver bloody condemnations, sending individuals to hell and giving rise to a religious group founded on the idea of divine justice." - Violent, Dark, Suspenseful

OunsKnW.png

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I will check this out for Yoo Ah In. I am ok with the cult bit . 

I wasn’t that impressed with #Alive (I think that was the title?). So far that’s the only thing I’ve seen him in, but from some clips I’ve seen and mostly from what many say, he seems to be regarded as a very good actor. So I will probably try out 1 episode first and see if the story grips me! 
@mademoiselle If it’s anything like Sweet Home I will be watching for sure. Might be clutching a pillow/cushion throughout though😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@im0202I think there's a limit to what you can do with Zombie movies after awhile so I didn't bother with Awaken. The last time I watched him was in the movies Burning ( I was a bit traumatized by this ! Like what in the world is happening. LOL  ) and  Likes for Likes. I was supposed to watch Voice of Silence but I forgot about it. @Chocolate did you watch VOS? Was it good? 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

26 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was supposed to watch Voice of Silence but I forgot about it. @Chocolate did you watch VOS? Was it good? 

I didn't. I got the feeling it was a bit melo so it's not really my thing. I like action/thrill/gore 😂 But I read VOS was invited to the Venice film festival and also won several awards in Korea.

BFI_LFF_No-Date_LONG_LOGO_BLUEBOX_POS_7208e01957637446cbe2180dcb17c4b9.jpg

South Korea is in the grip of a strange epidemic: people are receiving text messages announcing the exact date and time at which they are going to hell. And sure enough, at the allotted time, a demon shows up to claim them with gory gusto. Amid the ensuing media frenzy and social panic, detective Jin Kyung-hoon (Yang Ik-joon) tries to work out what the hell is going on. Meanwhile a fanatical religious sect is taking advantage of this new climate of fear. Adapted by director Yeon Sang-ho from his own Korean webtoon (co-authored with cartoonist Choi Gyu-Seok), the series skitters blithely across genres, but always underpinned by biting social commentary. It’s exhilarating to see one of contemporary cinema’s most thrilling directors tackling long-form storytelling with such relish. - Rowan Woods

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Seems first few episodes is a bit slow, but after ep 3, you won't be able to stop 🤔

SCMP-new-horizontal-logo.png

Toronto 2021: Netflix K-drama Hellbound – Train to Busan director Yeon Sang-ho’s thrilling new series is a dark and unforgiving affair

Pierce Conran | Published: 11:15am, 13 Sep, 2021

• Yeon Sang-ho’s TV debut marries social commentary with a dread-inducing story that shows humanity at its most craven
  • The K-drama world has seen plenty of other dystopias featuring hordes of bloodthirsty citizens this year, but Hellbound surpasses them all

04a688d5-c12c-4e2a-809f-b9d63acb98d9_525

Yoo Ah-in in a still from Hellbound. Photo: courtesy of Toronto International Film Festival

Spoiler

Korean film director Yeon Sang-ho (Train to Busan) is back with his first television drama series, Hellbound, which debuted three of its six episodes at the Toronto International Film Festival over the weekend.

Yeon’s project – adapted from the webcomic The Hell penned by Yeon and illustrated by Choi Gyu-seok, who created the show together – is a dark and unforgiving affair that starts off slow until a palpable sense of dread emerges and builds, driving the story into tense and unpredictable territory.

Equal parts procedural thriller, mystery and horror, the series begins with a man in a cafe, sweating profusely and awaiting something as other patrons go about their day. The clock on his phone turns to 1.20pm and a sound reverberates in the distance. Three black creatures emerge from nowhere and make a beeline for him.

The man tries to escape into traffic – but before long his blood is spattered over dented cars, and all that remains of him is a charred corpse as the creatures vanish.

Spoiler

Footage of the incident goes viral, shocking the nation and perplexing the detectives assigned to this unexplainable case. These include Detective Jin Kyung-hoon (Yang Ik-june), the bitter widower of a murdered spouse who has been left to raise a rebellious teenage daughter on his own.

Kyung-hoon and his partner are assigned to interview and investigate Jung Jin-soo (Yoo Ah-in), the beloved head of a quickly growing cult who has been converting people with his evidence of “decrees”.

These “decrees” involve apparitions forewarning sinners around the world of the imminent time of their deaths, at which point the same three creatures appear and brutally beat them, leaving the crispy hulls of the sinners behind.

While the investigation continues, a woman in Seoul is visited by the same apparition. Jin-soo’s cult offers her a large payment in return for broadcasting the exact moment her clock is set to run out a few days later.

The woman engages the services of lawyer Min Hye-jin (Kim Hyun-joo) to secure the payment as hysteria over these phenomena begins to sweep the nation. The sceptical Hye-jin and Kyung-hoon soon join forces as the spectre of danger grows around them.

A still from Hellbound. Photo: Courtesy of the Toronto International Film Festival
A still from Hellbound. Photo: Courtesy of the Toronto International Film Festival

South Korea’s cultural and economic ascendancy has been a swift one, but under the prosperity we see lies a network of angry currents that occasionally break through, manifesting themselves in quick and violent waves.

Director Yeon has made a career of chronicling these dark social undercurrents, initially through scabrous independent animated films like The King of Pigs and The Fake, which also deals with a cult and its fervent followers.

In a similar vein, Yeon most famously allegorised social discontent through the mindless hordes in Train to Busan, a zombies-on-a-train smash that conjoined compact genre thrills and efficient drama.

Hellbound marries the best of Yeon’s sharp commercial skills and cynical thematic concerns into a dread-inducing story that shows humanity at its most craven.

We’ve seen other dystopias with hordes of bloodthirsty citizens this year, in K-dramas such as The Devil Judge and Dark Hole, but Yeon’s show handily surpasses them with far better world-building, a clearer purpose and a pulse-pounding story.

Kim Hyun-joo in a still from Hellbound. Photo: Courtesy of the Toronto International Film Festival
Kim Hyun-joo in a still from Hellbound. Photo: Courtesy of the Toronto International Film Festival

Casting is strong all around and the mutability of the narrative keeps the roster of faces changing as the world the show creates slips further into pandemonium. The twists are surprising and ferocious, and while the violence is reserved for select scenes, these hit home hard with physical and emotional brutality.

Hellbound’s first couple of episodes take a while to get going, but any narrative grogginess is more than made up for by the time episode three kicks off, at the close of which you’ll be dying to keep going.

It is just as well that most people won’t get to see the show until Netflix drops the whole series on its service at some point later this year.

Source

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@NetflixKR

살아있는 지옥으로 변한 세상. 이건 과연 살인일까요, 신의 심판일까요? ‘지옥’을 만날 시간, 11월 19일입니다. #지옥 #Hellbound #넷플릭스 #Netflix

A world turned into a living hell. Is this really murder or is it God's judgment? The time to meet 'Hell' is November 19th.

theswoonnetflix

Are you ready for HELLBOUND?

The world has turned into literal hell. Supernatural beings plunge the city into chaos as they carry judgment on the people.

A religious group rises to prominence, calling the attacks divine retribution. Others think it’s murder.

From the director of box office hit TRAIN TO BUSAN. Starring Yoo Ah-in, Kim Hyun-joo and Park Jeong-min. Coming November 19, only on Netflix.

FCQnxM5UcAcNkF9?format=jpg&name=large

FCQnxM7UcAMY3TZ?format=jpg&name=large

Full length

Spoiler

FCQ3qv9VcAIc2q2?format=jpg&name=large

FCQ3sN_VkAITEO2?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3

600x200

2021 BFI London Film Festival Review – Hellbound

OCTOBER 19, 2021 BY MATT RODGERS

Hellbound, 2021.

Directed by Yeon Sang-ho.
Starring Yoo Ah-in, Kim Hyun-joo, Park Jeong-min, Won Jin-ah and Yang Ik-june

Spoiler

Hellbound-poster-600x890.jpg

SYNOPSIS:

People hear predictions on when they will die from a mysterious angel apparition. When that time comes, a trio of demons appears in front of them and kills them.

Hellbound-_-Date-Announcement-_-Netflix-1-42-screenshot-600x332

Having gone all Fast and Furious with his Train to Busan sequel Peninsula, Yeon Sang-ho puts the brakes on his propulsive narratives for this slow-burn 6-part police procedural with a twist.

What sets it apart from your average detective noir ? How about deep questions on theology? On-the-nose mob culture commentary? Cultism? Or maybe that people are being beaten to death by CGI demons before being dragged to hell? The fact that it’s all of those multi-genre elements, and that it just about meshes together into a fascinating first half of this unique series, is testament to Sang-Ho’s ability to adapt his own graphic novel (written alongside Kyu-Seok Choi) for the Netflix audience, and in doing so bring to life an array of captivating characters worth following for the duration.

Over the course of the first half of the season the focus is on two opposing forces, although Hellbound is never that reductive to make it simply a battle of ‘good versus evil‘. You have the authorities investigating these strange occurrences, led by beat down detective Jin Kyung-hoon (Ik-joon Yang) alongside his straight-laced partner, and they’re up against the smooth stylings of the New Truth Society’s messiah Jung Jin-soo (Yoo Ah-in), who believes that the “executors of Hell” are the work of a God punishing us for our sins. It’s a fascinating dichotomy between the two, with a level of moral ambiguity and shades of grey to character motivations that would ordinarily be perceived as just plain ‘evil’, but the subtlety of the writing ensures that you’re never quite sure who’s right or wrong.

Hellbound-still-600x316.jpg

As the charismatic cult Chairman, Yoo Ah-in is terrific. He’s hard to read, likeable even, but then the occasional flicker of an inappropriate smile will make you feel uneasy. He’s a fascinating character. The same can be said for Ik-joon Yang’s quiet, world weary performance, which feels as though it is informed by so many hard-nosed detectives before him; single father, doesn’t play by the rules, driven by tragedy. Nobody in Hellbound ever feels like a lazy archetype. Over the course of these three episodes almost all of them will surprise you in some way. 

Swathes of satire can be found throughout, and thanks to the state of the world most of it will be translatable to any number of the cultures where Netflix streams, but perhaps the most hard hitting is the brutal way in which media consumption is represented through the fate of a key character. It acts as the cliffhanger between episodes two and three, and even the most desensitised of viewers will find it a nail-biting, upsetting turn of events, but one that’s an integral part of an intriguing story you can only hope will be sustained over the second half of the season.

hellbound_02-600x360

With high production values – the pre-credit sequence featuring the Hulk-like demons rampaging through traffic feels like something straight out of a Marvel movie – an ensemble of complicated characters, and dense drama punctuated by moments of horror and action, Hellbound is a dark delight.

This Review is based on the first three episodes of Hellbound. All six will be available to stream on Netflix from November 19th

Source

• Like 3

Yoo Ah In, Kim Hyun Joo, Park Jung Min, Won Jin Ah, And More Face Hell As Society Collapses In “Hellbound” Poster

Nov 15, 2021 by S. Nam

Upcoming drama “Hellbound” released a thrilling new poster!

Helmed by “Train to Busan” director Yeon Sang Ho, “Hellbound” is a Netflix series set in a world where humans face a frightening supernatural phenomenon: emissaries from hell who appear on Earth without warning and condemn people to hell. Amidst the chaos caused by this terrifying new reality, an emerging religion led by Jung Jin Soo (played by Yoo Ah In) begins to gain popularity, while others desperately search for the truth behind this strange phenomenon.

The newly released poster depicts society at a loss after the occurrence of the supernatural phenomenon and reveals the different sides to people as they make another hell of their own within the new world. In addition to Yoo Ah In, actors Kim Hyun Joo, Park Jung Min, Won Jin Ah, Yang Ik Joon, and more have vastly different reactions as they stand in front of the emissaries from hell. The text at the very top reads, “Is it murder, or is it divine punishment?”

Hellbound1.jpg

Yoo Ah In stars as Jung Jin Soo, the leader of an emerging religion who is seeking out the traces and intentions of God, while Kim Hyun Joo plays lawyer Min Hye Jin, who goes up against the emerging pseudo-religion. Park Jung Min’s and Won Jin Ah’s characters tell the story of a family trying to stay alive as the world around them crumbles. When Bae Young Jae’s (Park Jung Min’s) family is condemned to hell, he begins to dig into this new religion while Song So Hyun (Won Jin Ah) tries her best to protect their son. Yang Ik Joon stars as Jin Kyung Hoon, the detective in charge of investigating the supernatural phenomenon.

The upcoming drama will portray both the people who begin to fall into madness as they blindly put their faith in the emerging religion as well as the people who don’t stop their suspicions and stand up against the new phenomenon. Their choices and convictions in this broken society will bring to life another hell.

“Hellbound” premieres on November 19 via Netflix. Take a look at a teaser for the drama here!

Source

FEM9NHLVkAIc5tS?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1