My Name 마이 네임 [2021]

mademoiselle

He doesn't have meaty roles so I can't say I think highly of him (yet) as an actor. He's been in a fair few of dramas (and movies) I've seen, but not enough for me to remember his roles well. But yeah, he was super duper annoying in MoA. He was also in The Negotiation with Hyun Bin. Do you remember?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 10/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, Chocolate said:

This drama was a decent watch. It’s true it is quite brutal but you can just look away if you feel queasy 😆 The story is quite straightforward and not meant to be a psychological thriller.

Agree with the 'decent watch' comment. Started on the weekend and just finished this drama. Even though the plot was quite predictable (I guessed the killer after Eps 1 and 2 lol), the acting and action were pretty great.

The violence and gore (blood) is nothing new as I do watch quite a number of action movies and series (think John Wick and the Punisher) so I rarely have to look away anymore :laugh:

Only found the last episode a bit meh. The ending also felt rushed / abrupt? Also like others, I don't hate it, but I found the romance unnecessary.

Overall it's still a good watch! (Else I wouldn't have binged it in a couple of days haha)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My vote is also for Han So Hee #1, and then Lee Si Young #2

I started watching last night, only 1 episode. Her drive for revenge is fierce, even before she was properly trained or anything. I really like how the drama showed her relationship with her father. Enough to make us feel for her anger and avenging mind. Although it's shown that she was upset with him and didn't want anything to do with him anymore, we were quickly shown that they actually have a strong bond. 

29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

But... @Chocolate this can't be accurate! Suzy had more votes than Lee Si Young from Sweet Home? Lee Si Young was a boxer or something! LOL

Suzy has biiiig fanbase... I'm thinking that's more of the reason. If not for Han So Hee being a more recent "trend", I think Suzy might actually win the voting. LOL (for the record, I didn't finish Vagabond)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

I want to comment on HSH's physique... I think something is not right with her hips/legs. Notice at around 7m ep.1, when she was running away from the police, while on the wave breaker, her right leg swing is slanting more outwards. I hope it's nothing serious and hopefully it won't affect her, otherwise, I hope she get it corrected/managed early. Because I myself have had bad experiences from the imbalance between left and right, I tend to notice these things easily. If they're people I know, I would not hesitate to urge them to get treatment asap. It just gets worse with age if not managed.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

There was some discussion on twitter that the love scene was not in the original script, that it was added by the director. I think the insinuation is that he did so because he is male and the scene was unnecessary. Anyway...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Han So Hee’s Agency Clarifies That She Knew About The Sex Scene In “My Name” Ahead Of Filming

Nov 2, 2021 by S. Nam

Han So Hee’s agency released a statement clarifying the events that took place behind the scenes of “My Name.”

Previously on October 20, Han So Hee held a video call interview regarding the recent release of her hit Netflix series “My Name.” During the interview, the actress touched upon the bedroom scene with her co-star Ahn Bo Hyun. She had stated, “I heard about the scene while we were in the middle of filming,” which later became a hot topic online. During the interview, she had also explained, “At first, I wondered, ‘Will this be okay?’ I thought it might distract from the overall storyline and become a distraction for Ji Woo’s overall goals. But after discussing it with the writer and director, I interpreted it as a scene where Ji Woo could show a more humane side of herself.”

On November 2, Han So Hee’s agency 9ato Entertainment released a statement regarding the misunderstanding caused by Han So Hee’s comment about the scene in “My Name.” Below is the full statement:

Hello. This is 9ato Entertainment.

KhbVfdq.png

Having premiered on Netflix on October 15, “My Name” is about a woman named Yoon Ji Woo (Han So Hee), who joins an organized crime ring and, under their direction, infiltrates the police as an undercover agent to learn the truth behind her father’s death. Ahn Bo Hyun co-stars as Jeon Pil Do, her partner in the police force, and Park Hee Soon co-stars as Moo Jin, who takes Yoon Ji Woo under his gang and helps her go undercover in the police.

Source

• Like 1