Shooting Stars 별똥별 [2022]

JenL

I don't know why I'm starting all the threads for romances that have very stereotypical romance storylines because I may not watch them :laugh:...But I think there are certain pairings I like when I hear them announced! I will make this thread prettier as more news is released/ when life is not so busy.

Cast:

Lee Sung Kyung

Kim Young Dae 

Plot:

Set within the entertainment world, employees work for a star and try to make that person shine. Oh Han-Byeol (Lee Sung-Kyung) is the PR team leader of a management company. She has excellent skills in speech and crisis management. Gong Tae-Sung (Kim Young-Dae) is the top actor of the management company where Oh Han-Byeol works. He is loved by people due to his image of a kind and polite person. But, Gong Tae-Sung has a different side. He has a strong desire to win and a hot temper. Oh Han-Byeol and Gong Tae-Sung bicker over pretty much everything, but their relationship develops romantically.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Uhm the 2nd lead looks a bit cute? No?

Yoon Joon Hoon? He was in Penthouse. I think he was Kim So Yeon's husband. :laugh: I remember him more from the drama with anchor-nim and Moon Ga Young. He played the BFF to anchor-nim. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
20 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think KYD quite an eye candy. I watched him from RW drama Extraordinary You, and he do quite well as popular guy. 

Uhm the 2nd lead looks a bit cute? No? 😂

Getting 2nd lead syndrome already??? :laugh::lol:

You're as bad as me and @Tofu 

I enjoyed the male lead from Extraordinary You but he's not my most fave or anything. Couldn't watch him in Penthouse, but looking forward to this one! 

• Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried ep 1 - nothing spectacular but mildly entertaining, I seldom liking drama with showbiz story, well probably except all Lee Jun Young drama lols 

It's a bit all over the place, one day she's in blind date, and on other day she's doing health check up. I think the drama trying to portrayed her job consuming her life and she can't do other stuff without call from her work. 

Then the show also go into a lot of details of her coworkers. And by this point I got tempted to use FF button 😅 And then the ML finally appear. Hmm, I think I only willing to give 1 more episode a go, if it's not improve it's a bye. 

• Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea I watched the 1st eps...not too bad. Found it easy to watch...ML here quite the eye candy and has screen presence. So I will continue for now.

Looks like there's already some sort of history between the two. Seems he likes her , no? 

OST 1

New stills

202204231346366310_1.jpg

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM, are you still watching this? I think I might have to drop it after two episodes. It's an easy to watch drama, but I don't know if I want to know that much about the entertainment industry. Hahaha! However, I think I might tune in every week to watch the clips of the cameos. They have quite a line up for them and I want to see them all (especially Chae Jong Hyeop and the Find Me In Your Memory couple). 

The male lead reminds me so much of Kang Dong Won, no?

The mint chocolate chip one, hahahaha! I dislike a lot of mint flavored things so I understand. :laugh:

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

The male lead reminds me so much of Kang Dong Won, no?

Somewhat.

I enjoyed the premiere episodes. It is not hard to watch -so that helps. Kim Young Dae is quite the eye candy I have to say. I do like the bickering between him and LSK's character. These two have a lot of history together and clearly he is still in love with her.  The side stories are alright - it is very much about the entertainment industry and how cut throat it is . So far I have yet to FF any parts , and will continue to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I think he puts up a façade because he doesn't want her to know he still likes her. I wonder if he has some sort of disorder that they will explore later on. When he went on stage (after his return from Africa), his vision was hazy until he saw her.

For Han Byeol and the rest of the managers, I have no idea how they do it. Having the artists' activities define your work/life balance is so difficult. She is glued to her phone to the point where she couldn't even sleep because she was getting calls! I wonder if they will explore mental health in this drama?

• Like 2