Shooting Stars 별똥별 [2022]

JenL

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Instead of the ML, I am growing fond of his manager Jung Yeol. :laugh: His character is just too cute!

Ya he's so adorable...and he tries so hard. I have a soft spot for him.

Anyhow it was such a fun episode. I  LOL-ed so hard when she slipped. It is clear to the all that Tae Sung likes her a lot but I was surprised to see that there will be a love triangle with the lawyer. Tae Sung is a bit of diva but he is a softie inside. You know who I also like ? The senior agent - Kang yoon Seong. He's pretty cool - clearly a very seasoned and quick thinking manager. 

I don't envy that agents and road managers - hard work. And these stars are either like children or divas. I would have wrung their necks...

OST 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I like the characterisation of some of these characters. Like you said, apart from Jung Yeol, I also quite like Kang Yoon Sung. He and the other guy who opened his own agency are like the stooges. Always meet and then something funny/interesting happens. He knows his celebrities well and so is Han Byeol, especially with Gong Tae Sung. Only she and Kang Yoon Sung can handle his diva-ness. Agree he definitely is head over heels for her, and must have began since their school days. Hahahaha.

I hope our Oppa deul are not diva or children ... it'd so kill our love for them :laugh:

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you realise you came to another thread to steal customers 

Hahahaha! I believe in your ability to handle both dramas. :lmao2:

I also like Kang Yoon Sung. He seems very genuine and hopefully his character continue to be like that. I laughed when they were doing talking about the stress test. I was like, "Kang Yoon Sung can take care of it because he's a psychiatrist". Haha! 

Random Info: The new artist for Team 2 in real life is label mate with Rowoon. He is also the guy who liked or hung out with one of the girls (the older one of the same sex couple) in Nevertheless. 

• Haha 2

Another enjoyable episode :smile: although I'd love a bit more silly stunt from Jung Yeol that drives Tae Sung nuts. Hahaha!

We now know for sure the photo that they posed with heart was just for promotion. Tae Sung was so sweet that he decided to destroy that magazine to protect Han Byeol from other jealous girls. He promised to be on the cover of the magazine every year even after he left the uni. This boy is dead head over heels for Han Byeol since forever!

There was no scenes of their graduation though... hopefully we get to see it from tonight's episode.

Oh oh forgot to tell you @Tofu! Chae Jong Hyeop made his cameo! He was flirting with Han Byeol's reporter friend. Haha.

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@mademoiselle am all caught up. Most of my dramas air towards the weekend...I feel like I am on some sort of marathon :psweatduck:.

Yes, so it is confirmed that they weren't a campus couple but I think he's always had a soft spot for her. By episode 6, he finally realises that he's constant curiosity about her is because he likes her. Though of course it is clear as day for his road manager and the other 3 on the publicity team. I was wondering if OHB had similar feelings too and the epilogue showed that she did like him a few years back. But her heart broke when he confirmed that he was dating another actress ( Mun Ga Young 's cameo) , so I can see why now she would block off all feelings for him. Anyhow with Mr Lawyer also showing interest, it won't be long before GTS's feelings will be known to her. Look forward to his jealous behaviour :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

he confirmed that he was dating another actress ( Mun Ga Young 's cameo)

This means Find Me In Your Memory couple's cameo might be this upcoming weekend!! Yay!! 

I watched clips of episode five, but I haven't watched clips of episode six. I can't believe it's taken him this long to realize he likes her! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Yeah @abs-oluteM I was surprised he only realised it now... I thought he knew it all along. LOL. Ah well, it's not too late!

@Tofu I'm at awe that the show made it out that he had dated Yeo Ha Jin...! Like WHAT??? She's Anchor-nim's! But I hope it was just a cover up and not true coz Ha Jin was always caught in rumours with male actors in Find Me in Your Memory. Even my Rowoon was her rumoured boyfriend :lmao2:

• Haha 1

Another hilarious episode! I had a good laugh out loud moment thanks to Tae Sung and Jun Yeol's antics trying to tie Han Byeol's shoe laces :lmao2: All the anticipation JUST waiting for a day that Han Byeol wears a pair of shoes with laces :lmao2: The confession and Tae Sung's expressions are priceless.

Yu Sung and Han Byeol saying each other is dense in their own lovelines are making me laugh as well. Classic example of a pot calling the kettle black! Love that Yu Sung had always knew Tae Sung's crush on Han Byeol even before Tae Sung himself knew it, LOL. He's such a good schemer (chess player), knowing when to strike and when to keep quiet, waiting for the right time. Seriously curious what's his deal with Tae Sung's mother, although I think he did not tell Tae Sung as to not stress or worry him.

The show has successfully made me curious what the deals are on the mum and the housekeeper. And whether or not the housekeeper is harming Tae Sung's health slowly since she's in charge of his meals.

• Insightful 1

@mademoiselle Eps 7 was so darn funny ...I was laughing my head off the entire episode. The comic timing for all the scenes was pretty spot on including restaurant boy and his drunk antics. And not to mention that initially frigid housewarming party that Tae Sung invited himself too .  He must be a dating noob considering that he had to resort to so many "tropes" to say how he felt.  Didn't expect Han Byul to receive two confessions but her running and screaming Tae Sung's "I like you" was hilarious. 

So Choi Ji Woo must TS's mum? And that TS's maid...what's her deal? 

By the way loving the potential of a  side romance between the two agents - Yu Seong and Ho Young. 

• Like 1

@abs-oluteM This show has turned out to be a gem for me. I told @SilverMoonTea I seem to be losing my mojo in kdrama watching. Can't seem to get into anything lately but this drama and Tomorrow are the only two I'm really anticipating each week. I enjoyed MLN too but not the same level, as in, the show can wait a few more hours to a day for me to get to.

Pity that the ratings is still low. Not sure what the audiences are looking for since Business Proposal is such a hit and this is just as good too.

I really thought the comedy/interesting bits will sizzle out after watching last week's episodes but the show continued to deliver good stuff. Agree about Ho Young and Yu Sung... and looks like it's not going to be a one-sided love. How cute.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle This one is definitely an underrated gem. I also like the insights into the entertainment industry without overly trashing it. I am sure IRL , the industry can be more ugly and seedy but here it's realistic enough without bursting our bubble.  I laughed when everyone was so anticipating the kiss scenes ( wahh two kisses and not by the OTP) ...it is exactly how excited we get. And each time their celebrities get a casting or commercial offer , the agents are the happiest.

This is as good as Business Proposal where rom-coms are concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This one is definitely an underrated gem. I also like the insights into the entertainment industry without overly trashing it. I am sure IRL , the industry can be more ugly and seedy but here it's realistic enough without bursting our bubble.

Yes, exactly as you've said. I feel the same. It's interesting to know some insights. When the CEO was talking about the restaurant boy being scandal free, it actually made me worried but hahaha, I love that they made it into a comedy.

LOL, the kiss... on weibo the comments were complaining how why they must watch Tae Sung kissing some other woman other than FL :laugh: but I love it coz that fangirl actress was so adorable after she got kissed. Waaaah, she's living our dream (well, sort of). Hehe.

I feel the housekeeper may be linked to the deceased Luca. I'm also wondering if she knew Tae Sung's mum (Choi Ji Woo).

• Haha 1

Episode 9-10

Tae Sung and Han Byeol makes me :smile: whenever they were kissing. Hahahaha! B

I definitely didn't expect the possible loveline brewing for Lawyer Do and Reporter Ki Peum. But it looks like she's more smitten by him than he is with her at the moment, having just been rejected by Han Byeol.

The mystery behind the housekeeper is revealed, which I thought was fast but I don't mind it since other than her, there is another one up to no good against Tae Sung. That one I definitely didn't see it coming & looking forward to see it being unraveled. So the housekeeper turns out to be some crazy rich saseng. A smart one at that although I hope uri Polite Nutcase Manager Yu Sung will/can catch her red-handed.

These two episodes aren't as funny anymore as things get serious. The saseng is trying to shake up Tae Sung and Han Byeol's relationship but I think she has underestimated the strong bond they've formed many years ago. Han Byeol knows Tae Sung very well and has been protecting him for years, even when she's heartbroken.

I'm beginning to see what the drama is showing us. Rather than from the perspective of what celebrities are capable of (i.e., abusing their star status and up to no good), they are showing us the sides the good side of celebrities as well as the negative sides of being famous.

Spoiler

I must cry that why does all of a sudden everyone around me kept saying Mint Choc Chip is like eating toothpaste?? :jinbtscry: Mint Choc Chip is an AWESOME refreshing flavour!

• Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle I just finished eps 9....so sweet how they got together. The cute awkwardness now that they are sending lovey dovey notes instead of bickering. Poor Mr Lawyer didn't stand a chance.

Anyhow it looks like with one love triangle out of the way, another one is brewing. Hot restaurant boy is falling for his manager. I wonder if Ja Seung is really that clueless of Young Ho's feelings for him. 

I was just reading checking some stuff and oh wow Kim Young Dae and the actor who plays Ja Seung (Yoon Jong Hoon) has worked many times together - Extraordinary You , 3 seasons of Penthouse and now this. 

Hellllo threadstarter @JenL :laugh:

• Haha 2