Shooting Stars 별똥별 [2022]

JenL

On 5/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, mademoiselle said:

The mystery behind the housekeeper is revealed, which I thought was fast but I don't mind it since other than her, there is another one up to no good against Tae Sung. That one I definitely didn't see it coming & looking forward to see it being unraveled

Oh yes...what's with these people who want to harm Tae Sung? The guy is TS and HB's college mate's brother right? Perhaps he blames the brother's death on TS. 

Anyway, am all caught up. Nice to see the leads in love ! I am surprised that YH told JS that she likes him and looks like he genuinely had no idea considering how surprised his face was. 

OST 4

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh yes...what's with these people who want to harm Tae Sung? The guy is TS and HB's college mate's brother right? Perhaps he blames the brother's death on TS. 

I'm not sure if this guy is birth brother to the deceased. It's weird that they didn't know about it, unless he changed his name.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am surprised that YH told JS that she likes him and looks like he genuinely had no idea considering how surprised his face was.

They suddenly progress really quick. But I think it'll push him to consider although I also think he's probably not gonna have time for this yet because everyone is out to get Tae Sung.

• Like 2

@abs-oluteM Yes I've seen last night's episode. That ex-manager guy who is an anti sent Tae Sung a few text messages. First one was an anti-fan website. Second was a censored photo of a staff's ID card from Star Force entertainment. Third message was telling Tae Sung to beware of people around him. So Tae Sung started becoming suspicious and sensitive since all the staff has an ID card. The last messages sent were pictures of Yu Sung picking Eun Si Woo from the airport. At the time Tae Sung was heading downstairs to go out and he was surrounded by reporters asking him if he was dating Eun Si Woo. Overwhelmed (and I think he has some fear towards too much flashlights), he fainted. This is right at the end of the episode.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Yes I've seen last night's episode. That ex-manager guy who is an anti sent Tae Sung a few text messages. First one was an anti-fan website. Second was a censored photo of a staff's ID card from Star Force entertainment. Third message was telling Tae Sung to beware of people around him. So Tae Sung started becoming suspicious and sensitive since all the staff has an ID card. The last messages sent were pictures of Yu Sung picking Eun Si Woo from the airport. At the time Tae Sung was heading downstairs to go out and he was surrounded by reporters asking him if he was dating Eun Si Woo. Overwhelmed (and I think he has some fear towards too much flashlights), he fainted. This is right at the end of the episode.

Okay I am all caught up. Would it be such a scandal to reveal she's the mother? 

Oh Han Byul dating a top star like Tae Sung is going to be quite tricky. It was evident that the words of that crazy sasaeng ex-housekeeper affected her. I like how Tae Sung assured HB that she isn't just a  fling. I was actually quite touched by his words. 

I like Yu Sung more & more with every passing episode. From the epilogue , you can clearly see why he is the top manager / agent here. He let himself be beaten up so that they can avoid a scandal. I am sure IRL, the agents & managers have to put their neck on the line quite a bit. Also I love how he spoke to Ho Young , letting her know he will examine his feelings for her. I am rooting for them!

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Would it be such a scandal to reveal she's the mother?

Probably not if they come clean with it. It might hurt Eun Si Woo's reputation more but Tae Sung might be a bastard so in some ways it would hurt him as a person, not so much his career (?)

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was actually quite touched by his words. 

Yes his words are really sweet.

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Also I love how he spoke to Ho Young , letting her know he will examine his feelings for her. I am rooting for them!

Me too. I root for all the couples here hahahaha! Ki Peum with Lawyer Do and LOL it was his brother played by Lee Sang Yeob who sued her!

• Haha 1
Just now, mademoiselle said:

Me too. I root for all the couples here hahahaha! Ki Peum with Lawyer Do and LOL it was his brother played by Lee Sang Yeob who sued her!

Me too ahahaha...even that Yuna girl and the other young actor. I do think Ki Peum and Lawyer Do will hit it off. I just realise the actor playing Lawyer Do is from CN Blue isn't it? I only know the other two - Jung Yung Hwa and Kang Min Hyuk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Me too ahahaha...even that Yuna girl and the other young actor. I do think Ki Peum and Lawyer Do will hit it off. I just realise the actor playing Lawyer Do is from CN Blue isn't it? I only know the other two - Jung Yung Hwa and Kang Min Hyuk

Ahahahaha yes Lee Jung Shin is the bass player in CNBlue.

LOL, do you think the CEO of Star Force will pair up with Eun Si Woo? :lmao2:

• Haha 1

Episode 12 has gotten angtsy and will continue to the next. But I really like the perspectives and approach the drama took on in telling the story of a celebrity. This maybe romantising the entertainment agency but there is still some form of truth in there, I believe. It's a pity the rating is low because this episode is rather important to show how much media and Netizens can ruin a celebrity's career and/or life.

I feel Tae Sung's pain when he confronted Yu Sung about telling the public Si Woo is his mother. It's his most private and painful memory and why must he lay it all out for everyone to pass judgement?

• Clapping Hands 1
On 5/29/2022 at 12:43 PM, mademoiselle said:

feel Tae Sung's pain when he confronted Yu Sung about telling the public Si Woo is his mother. It's his most private and painful memory and why must he lay it all out for everyone to pass judgement?

I agree. Initially I figured that the problem would be easy to solve once they reveal the relationship but I think I am oversimplifying it . There will be further speculations ( who his father is etc) and at the end of the day , Tae Sung is a person and not a product. As much as he is vital to the company's success & survival, his feelings need to be considered. I don't envy Yu Sung or Han Byul's situation . Both care for Tae Sung on a personal level but at the same time they are employees of the agency, and a lot of people's rice bowls are at stake too.

On 5/28/2022 at 10:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

LOL, do you think the CEO of Star Force will pair up with Eun Si Woo? :lmao2:

This thought did cross my mind. 

• Like 1

The scandal for Tae Sung was quick to resolve in this episode with Eun Si Woo crushing the rumour. We also learnt that the press conference was orchestrated by Han Byeol as a damage control before the scandal spiral into something much worst since some people in the industry have began to find out he is Si Woo's son and questioning whether he's an illegitimate child.

Tae Sung was also quick to make up with everyone around him, including Yu Sung. The cutest scene was probably with Da Hye overreacting when Tae Sung thanked her for trusting him and Tae Sung calling her by name. Haha. Yes, well, can't say I don't know how she feels coz if my Oppa is so upclose & personal and "remembers" me by my name, I'd be super thrilled too. Since Da Hye is so cute I almost want her to find a real Oppa.

Ho Young and Yu Sung's loveline was also quick to happen. I thought they would drag it out a little more. I'm not as interested with their loveline as compared to Ki Ppeum and Lawyer Do's. Looking forward to see more of them in the next episode since she's invited to the wedding.

The revelation of the day is the ex-manager/bar owner is another Tae Sung's anti. His grudges towards Tae Sung stemmed from Yoon Woo's death as well, and Tae Sung had always known he's the red envelope sender. I almost wonder if this manager is the person who kills Yoon Woo, but maybe I just think too much... it must all be a misunderstanding...

• Insightful 1

Guys! I finally started the first episode and it's not bad though there's not much interaction with the lead yet....hahaha but her date with that guy was a little meh...she kept saying that it was going well but all I could see was that guy wanted some celebrity merch :laugh: I'm going to binge the other episodes today. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up before this ends. I try my best :pandahehe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episode 14

The part with Tae Sung and Yoon Woo's manager... I thought it would lead to the climax for this whole antifans thing but it turned out to be quite lacklustre and quick to resolve... again...?! And that was it, he was just trying to find someone to blame?

I don't have much to say... I'm hoping the fun will return next week.

• Insightful 1

@mademoiselle I caught eps 13 but not eps 14 yet.

I was surprised how quickly TS forgave his mother. I was quite moved by their conversations but still the mum's excuses or rationale was lousy. Even if she supported him financially, she still abandoned him some ways. Anyhow I suppose because of her condition and him being quite a softie inside, he decided to let the past go. With Han Byul and Yu Sung, I knew who wouldn't hold the grudge for long. TS has been long enough in this industry to know that HB and YS's decisions were made to take into account of the big picture. 

So cute  to see Ho Young - Yu Sung romance take off , and I am definitely looking forward to lawyer and reporter getting together too. Surprisingly I like seeing Tae Sung with Mr Lawyer - there's a good bromance going on there. 

• Like 1

They should have included Taesung in that Penthouse cameo too! Taesung played the son of Uhm Ki Joon in Penthouse (the "actor" who wanted the chair). 

I think Ho Young's and Yusung's loveline developed quickly but I like them. Maybe it's because I like Yoon Joon Hoon and it's nice to see him have a reciprocated (and healthy) loveline. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Maybe it's because I like Yoon Joon Hoon and it's nice to see him have a reciprocated (and healthy) loveline. 

ahahah poor guy ...ever since I saw him in Come & Hug Me, he doesn't have a decent romance. I too like him especially in this show. 

• Like 2

Am all caught up.

Finale weekend...so what is the major conflict left? Han Byul and Tae Sung's relationship going public?

New stills

2022061009012295654_1.jpg

" Manager" couple

1654734026131221.jpg

Pre-released

Clingy Tae Sung. 

• Like 2

Eps 15 was so sweet...diabetes inducing sort for all the love lines. Tae Sung was so clingy hahahah...

Finally lawyer & reporter got together. 1st kiss for Manager Couple. Una and the other actor are preggers and he proposed. 

Now let's see if our main pair can go public with this relationship 

All the main love lines

f87a4b2667b709.jpg

• Like 2

I'm done with the series! It's all around happy ending for everyone. It's a drama that leaves you with a wide smile on the face when it ended. ^ ^

I like the Lawyer–Reporter couple more than the Manager couple in the end coz they are less corny but still cute, hehehe. Tae Sung's reaction when bumping them in the elevator was hilarious. The wide-eyes. The "latte is only mine" statement. Hahahaha. Imagine how much he would sulk even more if he didn't have Han Byeol and the other two have their girlfriends. Haha.

Yuna and Jae Hyun pairing is probably the most unexpected in terms of how quick they shotgun to marriage xDDDD

Da Hye and Si Deok were the only two left that remain single although it feels like they might be the next pairing if this drama goes on. And I wonder where the Director Choi is heading when he's seen going overseas?? Is he going to visit Eun Si Woo...?

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle the ending was perfect. This is how to do a rom-com. Instead of some shows that likes separations & angst right to the end. 

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And I wonder where the Director Choi is heading when he's seen going overseas?? Is he going to visit Eun Si Woo...?

That was my first thought.

The lead pair had some really great kisses. One thing I like about LSK, she's always good with kiss scenes. KDY and her match well here. 

Now I don't have any happy dramas to watch except for my weekend KBS drama.  All the rest are so angsty and sad. The new ones I plan to pick up also seems so stressful. :zzzz:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1