Shooting Stars 별똥별 [2022]

JenL

I know I said I dropped the drama, but I actually watched majority of the episodes in the end. I mean, I tofu-watched every episode, but I think I was able to get enough of each episode's main points. It was a cute drama with happy endings! 

• Haha 2

Episodes 1-12

Hahahaha guys! I'm finally watching this drama and I'm actually enjoying it (Up to episode 12?). Although sad that I didn't watch this live, I'm glad I have something to watch while I'm sick and stuck in bed (I didn't wanna watch Link because it would stress me out with a fever!). I have 2 second leads that I like - Yu Sang (the manager) because he's like the cute and friendly type (Did you like him too when you watched @Tofu? ALSO, Tofu, don't you think that the actor Yu Sung that Ho Young looks after....doesn't he look like Greg Hsu?! I feel he does!) and the other is the lawyer. :wow: I don't care about Gong Tae Sung (Hahaha, I hope he is not one of your Oppas @mademoiselle)  :laugh:

I think the drama is really cute and pleasant and the ensemble cast are fun. It takes a lot from the classic dramas with neglectful mothers, stalkers, bickering couples etc, but I feel like it's been updated - at least Gong Tae sung was never toxic etc. I also really like the friendship between the 3 friends - it definitely feels like my catch ups with friends. And there's something about Starforce's office environment that reminds me of my own workplaces. A lot of banter and friendly people. The humour for this series is great too - I laughed at Gong Tae Sung and the lawyer's chemistry which slowly grew - I'm glad they haven't made him a pathetic second lead (ie. sore loser...since he is a very confident guy). Overall as a drama, I would rate this as being 10x times better than Going to You at the Speed of 493km (Sorry Chae Jong Hyeop) :heiboi:

Although I feel like it's a bit harsh that this got such low ratings,  I can also see why it didn't impress some though - I think for me the weakness is the storyline between Oh Han Byeol and Gong Tae Sung's history ...it felt weird in that they seemed too close to be acquaintances, but too distance to be close friends. It's a combinated of how that story was written/ explained and also the acting. The story in the first 8 episodes doesn't clearly define what their past is and something about the acting feels a bit too stiff to have them both be best friends (I'd not be convinced). I also feel like Kim Dae Young is very good at being cool and he is on fire when there's a photoshoot...but when he's more expressive and trying to be silly, it can feel exaggerated? The housekeeper storyline is also pretty crazy but I feel like there's definitely been cases of crazy stalker anti-fans doing creepy things to stars...but a rich lady pretending to be a housekeeper does make me laugh  :idk: 

Still, I'm entertained. And manager Yu Sung is adorable. Poor Ho Young. I understand why she kept running away. My heart would also not be able to take it :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

16 minutes ago, JenL said:

I have 2 second leads that I like - Yu Sang (the manager) because he's like the cute and friendly type (Did you like him too when you watched @Tofu? ALSO, Tofu, don't you think that the actor Yu Sung that Ho Young looks after....doesn't he look like Greg Hsu?! I feel he does!)

I like Yoon Joon Hoon (the actor who played Kang Yu Sung) but I always feel bad because he never ends up with the girl or have a unhealthy relationship (e.g. Penthouse). I was very happy to see him finally have a non-toxic loveline! 

Yes, I can see the similarity between Greg and Lee Seung Hyub (the actor who played the artist Kang Yu Sung)! I'm pretty familiar with Lee Seung Hyub outside of Sh**ting Star, so I see a lot of their differences too. They are both super adorable and that's all that matters anyway. :laugh:

@mademoiselle That photoshoot is so cute! I'm glad they did something like that. I loved them together in the drama. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@JenL Hahaha, Kim Young Dae hasn't been adopted (yet). :laugh: But I would definitely say he's so much more likable in this drama than in EY. His acting in here is sooooo much better too. Are you down with a flu? Take care and take lotsa fluids. I've been having a bit of up & down too feeling like I'm going to be sick (and quickly take some Codral to shoo the symptoms away).

I agree, the bromance grew between Tae Sung and Do Soo Hyuk is one of my faves. I thought I loved Tae Sung and his manager's interactions but Tae Sung's with Soo Hyuk's was just as cute.

9 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle That photoshoot is so cute! I'm glad they did something like that. I loved them together in the drama. 

Yeah I thought it was such a good idea! I hope in future those that have a good brotherhood bonding in the drama can do a photoshoot together as well. Haha.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I like Yoon Joon Hoon (the actor who played Kang Yu Sung) but I always feel bad because he never ends up with the girl or have a unhealthy relationship (e.g. Penthouse). I was very happy to see him finally have a non-toxic loveline! 

Ah, another one from Penthouse! I avoided that like the plague, but maybe that's why Kim Dae Young and him look so naural together :laugh: I feel like Yoon Joon Hoon has been in a lot of things I've seen over the years but I've never paid much attention...it's the way I am until I finally think they're hot :MonkaTang::lol: 

10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Yes, I can see the similarity between Greg and Lee Seung Hyub (the actor who played the artist Kang Yu Sung)! I'm pretty familiar with Lee Seung Hyub outside of Sh**ting Star, so I see a lot of their differences too. They are both super adorable and that's all that matters anyway. :laugh:

As for Lee Seung Hyub...I've never seen him in anything before I'm sure or I would have mentioned Greg Hsu earlier :laugh: He looks relatively fresh or I would have suggested he play the role in the Korean Someday or One Day

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Hahaha, Kim Young Dae hasn't been adopted (yet). :laugh: But I would definitely say he's so much more likable in this drama than in EY. His acting in here is sooooo much better too. Are you down with a flu? Take care and take lotsa fluids. I've been having a bit of up & down too feeling like I'm going to be sick (and quickly take some Codral to shoo the symptoms away).

Hahaha, his acting has improved! He was so stiff in EY...even in this I feel like he has some way to go, but he's still young and probably going to be in the dramas for ages. :idk:  One more thing I have to say is that this drama is fun in that it seems so meta....actors pretending to be managers looking after actors :laugh: I hope they experienced what it's like having to 'take care' of them :lol:

Yep, it was the flu that got me! I took a PCR test anyway and it came back negative, so I'm assuming I caught this off a family member. Hope you don't catch it, or if you do, that it's mild...mine was pretty bad yesterday. Felt as bad as having the 3rd jab! :letalQQ:

• Like 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

As for Lee Seung Hyub...I've never seen him in anything before I'm sure or I would have mentioned Greg Hsu earlier :laugh: He looks relatively fresh or I would have suggested he play the role in the Korean Someday or One Day

You probably don't want that because he's an idol. Idol gets so much criticisms in acting; Netizens would kill him for ruining Someday or One Day 😅

12 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, his acting has improved! He was so stiff in EY...even in this I feel like he has some way to go, but he's still young and probably going to be in the dramas for ages. :idk:  One more thing I have to say is that this drama is fun in that it seems so meta....actors pretending to be managers looking after actors :laugh: I hope they experienced what it's like having to 'take care' of them

That's what I enjoyed about this show - the meta, the alternative views from their perspectives on entertainment and celebrities. I think that's interesting and they did it in a fun way too. KYD as Nam Joo made me cringe sooo much and the fact that I'm so over Meteor Garden after watching so many versions of it over the years and Nam Joo was a copy of Domioji drove me nuts. Hahahaha.

• Like 1