Why Oh Soo Jae? 왜 오수재인가 [2022]

22 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I concur with you. He would be submissive because SJ don’t play at all. She is smart and has a goal that no one will get in her way. 

Yeah. SJ knows what she wants and if you don't deliver to her satisfaction, she roasts you and your performance on the spot and walks away gracefully. 

We also have some solid proof. just remember how she made her ex-bf beg on his knees in the car, like a puppy. He was so tiny, although he seems to be a top politician. I am sure this had a bigger purpose though, it wouldn't surprise me if the CCTV will be used later. 

But I won't see it cause.....

Drop It Like Its Hot GIFs | Tenor 

• Haha 3

logo_109_6_20170111151211.jpg

Kim Yoon-seo joins 'Why Oh Soo-jae'... Ji Seung-hyun's wife as "Secret Casting"

Enter 2022.06.13. 10:02 am

0004636133_001_20220613100207808.jpg?type=w430

[OSEN = Correspondent Choi Na-young] Actor Kim Yun-seo joins 'Why Oh Soo-jae'.

Kim Yun-seo makes her first appearance as Im Seung-yeon, the wife of TK Law Firm's heir Choi Joo-wan (Ji Seung-hyun), in the 6th episode of the SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Why Oh Soo-jae' (directed by Park Soo-jin, Kim Ji-yeon, written by Kim Ji-eun), which will be broadcast on the 18th.

Lim Seung-yeon is the person who holds the key to the secret story that leads to Choi Joo-wan's past and Oh Soo-jae, which has been veiled. Im Seung-yeon, played by Kim Yoon-seo in 'Why Oh Soo-jae', is set to shake up the relationship between her characters when she returns from the United States after she leaves Korea for some reason.

As Kim Yun-seo is a character who radically reverses the situation in the drama 'Why Oh Soo-jae', her role and casting were completely private. As Kim Yun-seo, an actor with complex inner acting and rich emotional lines, is cast as Im Seung-yeon, it is expected that the fun and completeness of the mid-to-late half of the play will be added.

Kim Yoon-seo is active in her work this year, starting with the MBN drama 'Sponsor' and 'Why Oh Soo-jae?' In 'Sponsor', she takes on the role of Hyun Seung-ji, who has her pure soul, and she attracted her attention by throwing off the cold charisma she has shown in movies and dramas.

On the other hand, Kim Yun-seo is a 12-year-old actress who debuted in the movie 'I Saw the Devil', and has mainly played roles with strong personality in various works such as 'Glass Mask', 'You're the Best Lee Soon-shin', 'Woman's Secret' and 'Legendary Witch'. It has made a strong impression.

Source

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Episode 5 reveals how the then kind Soo Jae became the cold Soo Jae now. It's... surprising... the fact that Soo Jae was so naive and foolish back then, I guess. Seeing how smart she is now, it was difficult to believe she got involved with a man like Choi Ju Wan. :PikachuFacePalm: But it made sense with the 180° change.

It's another interesting episode. Turns out it wasn't one person that night who went to Soo Jae's building. Multiple people were involved and in return, the show reveal more events/secrets!

Honestly Soo Jae should just open her own firm and hire her students as associates. Together they not only found out Chairman Choi used Soo Jae's name as a paper company and linked Hong Seok Pal to the thief who stole Park So Young's phone! They are more competent than the new associates in TK law firm! Gong Chan figures out the attacker was someone Soo Jae knows and want those files. The other guy is some IT geek that can crack the code. There's an ex-police who has connection with the police and has investigative techniques. And these students were all supposed to score the lowest in class??? xD

Oh, the super rich CEO Yoon went to see the Director of Law School. There's something between them too...:pandathink:

I don't care about the romance but I like that heart-to-heart scene Soo Jae has with her friend regarding how Gong Chan empathise, saw through the "real" her she worked so hard to conceal from everyone. I can see why she's drawn to him as well.

Choi Yoon Sang's actions annoy me. Upon finding out Choi Ju Wan was behind Soo Jae's attack, the first thing he does is run to Chairman Choi in anger and tell him Soo Jae will find out. Dude, your dad is evil... do you not know? The next episode preview, too, shows him going to his father's office demanding him to release Soo Jae. Man. It's like watching a kid throwing tantrums at a mall because the kid doesn't get to buy a toy he/she wants.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't care about the romance but I like that heart-to-heart scene Soo Jae has with her friend regarding how Gong Chan empathise, saw through the "real" her she worked so hard to conceal from everyone. I can see why she's drawn to him as well.

Choi Yoon Sang's actions annoy me. Upon finding out Choi Ju Wan was behind Soo Jae's attack, the first thing he does is run to Chairman Choi in anger and tell him Soo Jae will find out. Dude, your dad is evil... do you not know? The next episode preview, too, shows him going to his father's office demanding him to release Soo Jae. Man. It's like watching a kid throwing tantrums at a mall because the kid doesn't get to buy a toy he/she wants.

I'm the opposite. I think Gong Chan has overstepped. Who is he to her afterall? If not because she also has good feelings about him, he is quite the irritant actually. How can he keep the USB and spread it to so many people? These are important matters (which could even put her in jail) and he may have spoilt her plan. IRL, a person like that would cause serious repercussions. This romance line is also starting to turn me off. And that scene OSJ goes crying to her doctor friend that she cannot tell her the secret but she wants to tell Gong Chan??? 🙄

• Haha 2

@Chocolate Re: episode 6

Looks like Gong Chan doesn't think the killer in jail is the real killer. Maybe there is really something there too since at the time Soo Jae was a public prosecutor working under Choi Tae Guk as well.

That Director of the Law School is so creepy, at least that's what the show made of him but this actor is versatile enough in his acting to sway either way too. He can be a lovely character in one drama and a total opposite in another. So right now, so hard to tell!

I'm surprised that the little girl is not Choi Ju Wan's current wife's biological daughter. So who is the real mother? Could it be Soo Jae's? Hers was told to be stillbirth but did she really see the baby and confirmed with her own eyes?

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

And that scene OSJ goes crying to her doctor friend that she cannot tell her the secret but she wants to tell Gong Chan??? 🙄

😆 This part I agree. It was random. My interpretation is the woman is "lonely" and needs some tender, loving, care and a good hug from a man. Hahahaha. 🤭

• Haha 2
Just now, mademoiselle said:

That Director of the Law School is so creepy, at least that's what the show made of him but this actor is versatile enough in his acting to sway either way too. He can be a lovely character in one drama and a total opposite in another. So right now, so hard to tell!

Yes! But looks like SJ is catching on, in her deja vu flashbacks - the things he says when she was defending Gong Chan in his step sister's case and now when she wants to find the real killer of Park So Young is the same! Goes to show this director has moral and ethics issues and really shouldn't be heading the law school. Just waiting to see why and how he is in cahoots with Chairman Choi.

I thought too that maybe  Gong Chan's step-sister did not die, and the mentally ill young lady whom the law school director gave the candy to could be the sister. But the beach scene showed her mother crying beside the body...

Just now, mademoiselle said:

I'm surprised that the little girl is not Choi Ju Wan's current wife's biological daughter. So who is the real mother? Could it be Soo Jae's? Hers was told to be stillbirth but did she really see the baby and confirmed with her own eyes?

Same! I really hope it is not - it's so cruel. But it most likely is - I mean, is Choi Ju Wan so virile to be getting 3 women pregnant at almost the same time? 😂 Also thought SJ was not getting involved in Choi Ju Wan's divorce - why is she meeting the wife now?

So she continued working in TK for revenge. Then it seems a silly lapse to announce earlier that "I am TK and TK is me".

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

I thought too that maybe  Gong Chan's step-sister did not die, and the mentally ill young lady whom the law school director gave the candy to could be the sister. But the beach scene showed her mother crying beside the body...

Hmm... I'm not sure either. Also in the next episode, it seems like CEO Yoon Se Pil is "seeing" this lady as well. By the way, I just found out this actor was in an idol called 7Dayz! They only released one album and split up. LOLLLL!

3 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Same! I really hope it is not - it's so cruel. But it most likely is - I mean, is Choi Ju Wan so virile to be getting 3 women pregnant at almost the same time?

I'm actually confused how Choi Ju Wan and Soo Jae got together. Choi Tae Guk says it was just one night that he got Soo Jae pregnant. But the flashback seems to suggest they were dating. Either way, Choi Ju Wan is an useless person who cannot defy his father.

Soo Jae handling the divorce was part of the deal when they were negotiating about selling Hansu Bio.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

So she continued working in TK for revenge. Then it seems a silly lapse to announce earlier that "I am TK and TK is me".

That was such a stupid thing to say. At some point I think Soo Jae also lost herself and gotten too arrogant. At the end of the day, we must all remember everybody is disposable by the company's owner.

• Insightful 1
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmm... I'm not sure either. Also in the next episode, it seems like CEO Yoon Se Pil is "seeing" this lady as well. By the way, I just found out this actor was in an idol called 7Dayz! They only released one album and split up. LOLLLL!

Wah how long ago was that because he looks quite old now hahahaha.

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm actually confused how Choi Ju Wan and Soo Jae got together.

They were in training together so it must have been very early days. Soo Jae was probably young and innocent then, Ju Wan is rich and... Also Soo Jae must have been getting hell from her mother and brothers, and dying to get out of the house. So she fell in love. It's quite common.

I am more curious why Chairman Choi objected to Soo Jae's relationship with his son then. Was it family background or was Ju Wan trying to get out of it? Surely Soo Jae must have shown signs of brilliance otherwise why would Chairman Choi want to keep her in the firm?

• Like 1

Wah how long ago was that because he looks quite old now hahahaha.

Must be very loooooong time ago. Even Seo Hyun Jin was an idol :laugh:

They were in training together so it must have been very early days. Soo Jae was probably young and innocent then, Ju Wan is rich and... Also Soo Jae must have been getting hell from her mother and brothers, and dying to get out of the house. So she fell in love. It's quite common.

Don't know if they met during training days. The "met during the training program" seems to be Choi Tae Guk's script when he was coaxing Soo Jae to have the baby in the US. Coz his script was that he sent Soo Jae to training and they met there and got married. She was definitely young and naive to sleep with Ju Wan! 😱 He's every parents' nightmare - doing alcohol and drugs and so on.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I am more curious why Chairman Choi objected to Soo Jae's relationship with his son then. Was it family background or was Ju Wan trying to get out of it? Surely Soo Jae must have shown signs of brilliance otherwise why would Chairman Choi want to keep her in the firm?

Not sure if she showed signs of brilliance. I think Choi Tae Guk picked her because she was gullible, submissive and easily manipulated back then. Yeah I think it must have been family background that he disapproves of Soo Jae.

And what exactly is her plan now? She's letting them continue to use her name in that Bahamas account. I'm guessing she wants them to climb up higher then drag them to hell, but that Bahamas account will get her in the pitfire too. Unless she's planning to "hell with all" along with them.

I almost want to laugh at Choi Tae Guk's face when he tells Choi Ju Wan to marry Soo Jae. :PikachuFacePalm: What makes him think Soo Jae will agree after what both father and son put her through? Ok, unless that daughter is hers to begin with...

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 7:51 AM, Chocolate said:

@Dhakra Here's the link to episode 5. I've removed the unnecessary parts with Gong Chan and Soo Jae. See if this is better 😂

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ccn91i4Of6f4GOslvO4n9ctTcMX2S5_O?usp=sharing

Oh no....tell me you didn't.......

Hahahahahaha :laugh: That's so funny. 

Still, way too much of GC simping. The whole plot between the two just makes no sense at all. The romance plot feels so unnecessary and odd, like an abscess that needs to be surgically removed,

Thank you so much for the effort. :pandalove:

On 6/19/2022 at 8:03 AM, Chocolate said:

This romance line is also starting to turn me off. 

Yeah choco. Join the dark side.  :pandagrim:

Edit: So I watched Chocolate's Director's Cut of Episode 5, No Romance Version, and GC found the USB,  which he knows belongs to SJ, because it clearly was the target of the burglary and the first thing he does is to show it around? To the students of THE professor who belongs the USB to? Knowing that there might be sensitive, important things on the USB, so delicate that someone was willing to kill his professor for it?

And why just not give it back to her immediately, when he trusts her so much?

Gosh their call. :pandablind:Dude....this is drama tropes 101 again. Shining knight almost crys and says "DON'T GO, IT MIGHT BE DANGEROUS". 

And why the hell doesn't SJ tell her long-time secretary a secret, who was always loyal to her and knows her since years? Why does she tell it her new, totally overly obsesses student, who seemingly knows no boundaries. In every real life scenario, a grown up woman like SJ would ask him to back up and get his act in order. 

Gosh, I really am so done watching this drama :lmao2: 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@ChocolateHaha, you know, I just thought a few minutes ago, after I edited the post to post my thought about your cut, I thought,  if you would just cut GC's role and this loveline nonsense from the drama. You actually might have an interesting drama. 

The plot of the drama has a really interesting flow, but this dumb logic sometimes, based on the loveline and weird decision-making, which they only make to force a romance, which would never happen like this outside of KDrama Christmasland. It feels feel like a toxic stream to corrupt the otherwise fine flowing dramaplot. 

You really don't need to put it all the work to make this drama bearable for me :laugh: But I appreciate your work chingu :pandalove:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Dhakra Here's episode 6.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ccn91i4Of6f4GOslvO4n9ctTcMX2S5_O?usp=sharing

I've cut most scenes with Gong Chan, the irritating mother and SJ griping to her doctor friend about her love life, which I know you'd rather not watch too lol. The part you will miss is that Gong Chan thinks the killer who confessed to his step-sister's killer is not the real murderer. He is also worried about his step mother, who is still very sad.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

oh-soo-jae-gong-chan.gif

hai everyone. :yayaya: I just finished episode 6. so happy I've been taking it slow and watching them every couple days. 😅 it's so good I don't want it to end. 😘 here comes a wave, when Hong Seok Pal, he admitted to killing Park So Young and told Soo Jae to look for him in an abandoned area. the shocked look on her face as he rose betrayed that the material evidence and narrative sources would not last long. a tide that is taking me under Gong Chan, he's really shines as the free spirit who is open, kind and giving, and who breaks down the wall of Soo Jae's heart. I love the storyline, every episode never fails to surprise me. she's cold and distant, while Gong Chan is all smiles in this drama, he's such a happy and positive person and I love how he does cute little things for Soo Jae. the whole plot was so smooth. brilliant cast of actors who all portrayed their characters flawlessly whether lead or support role. as a viewer, I get hooked and I root for their love to succeed. I had my reservations at first but right now absolutely blown away.  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

This drama was in danger of getting side tracked by the romance in ep 7. Apart from one scene with Chairman Choi, the rest of the episode was slow. It lost what was great about it - a strong and sharp Soo Jae. Much as I can understand that Soo Jae is a person with emotions and is entitled to be sad at times too, the way it is brought out always to create scenes with Gong Chan is not attractive. And I watch for smart and feisty Soo Jae, not for her to be saved by someone else all the time.

Fortunately ep 8 was better.

• Seems Director Baek from the law school and CEO Yoon Se Pil have a relationship, with the mentally ill girl. What do you think it is?
  • Good to see Chairman Choi's law school son is getting smarter - at least he now has a ploy to get into his father's good books instead of just throwing tantrums.
  • Do all powerful men have secret man caves? Where they have a comfortable recliner, music and liquor. I want one too 😁

• Awesome 1