Why Oh Soo Jae? 왜 오수재인가 [2022]

Decided to watch this drama, a melodrama with a strong female, ruthless character warming up sounds like something I will enjoy. I share as usual, my notes during the drama

Episode 1

• OSJ really is cold, the way she handled her cases right now, she doesn't seem to hesistate before anything. Will be interesting to see how it changed during the course of the drama. 
  • Guys never talk in a men's restroom, it's pure, awkward silence. 
  • Damn, Soo Jae is so ruthless, the way she talked about dating Kang, making him beg on his knees, she is such a dominant person. She likes to have power over others. She enjoys what she is doing. 
  • The way Soo Jae talked to So Young, how to sent videos to her sister and mother, blackmailing her, threatening her to such a extent, that even her own assistant Mi Rim felt uncomfortable. For a second she looked like she wanted to stop Soo Jae. 
    So Young clearly is the go-to lawyer to cover up criminal behaviors by people in power. 
  • Mi Rim is already my MVP, SLS activated, I like her. She has a sense of justice, she tried to intervene and step in for So Young. 
  • Soo Jae is right though, So Young is not her client, she is paid to fight a biased one-sided battle.
  • Jumpscare of doom. Holy cow did I startled. 
  • So Young did commit suicide, doesn't surprise me at all. Now it's obvious what will cause SJ demotion. Oh boy. 
    But she kinda has blood on her hands now. 
  • Her phrase about TK Law Firm was too much, no one is bigger than the company. Saying something like that in front of the CEO will be problematic.
  • SJ didn't kill So Young, she is also not the reason why she's dead, but she drifted her into this rabbit hole and crushed her beliefs. The one who killed SY was Assemblyman Ang. 
  • Damn, that soundtrack. Yeah, that's my jam. Orchestral baby.  

Great first episode. Can't wait to watch the second one tomorrow. Really like the start of the drama. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
19 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Seo Hyun Jin is fantastic too.

Yeah I like her character here. Waaaaay more interesting than all her previous roles 😅 I honestly hope she continues to be this nasty/cold-blooded. Hahaha...

19 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Is there romance with the young ML - he looks a bit young for her haha.

Hahaha Hwang In Yeop is actually 31 years old but he's been playing high school students for all the roles I've seen him in (except the sageuk, he's a bodyguard). This one is an upgrade; at least it's university student. :laugh: IRL, SHJ is only 6 years older. xD

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And btw why @Tofu's oppa getting younger backwards? I was confused because the actor played as his younger version looks older than him LOLs. 

LOL maybe put hair up looks too old for Uni student but cannot put hair down to play past and present so have to hire another actor for high school time :lmao2: Honestly, they might as well go with he had plastic surgery to conceal his past identity. It's more convincing that way.

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Did you own a Manolo Blahnik's heels? $1125! I don't even know this brand but when the camera zoom in on her heels, I did like the design. But what's so special about it? Is it more comfortable...? LOL

I think I won't own it in this life time 😅 Unless I suddenly strike a lottery 🤣 1125 go to drain too if it's raining 😂

Can always find something cheaper and a bit close to that. Later I snapshot my dupe when I got home... haha...

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Episode 2

The music at the start (around the 1:00 minute mark) sounds EXACTLY like the start of Forest Gumps "Feather theme". I was surprised when it started.

Overall a very interesting episode with JS being still her career driven self, it was clearly she wouldn't help Professor Seo, who sexually harassed her aswell. She continues to pull powermove after powermove, which works for now, but it feels like she fights every battle on her own. And this will might bite her in the end. I imagine she opens and softens up in the long run, with her students teaming up. 

But as of now, she kinda also fights a battle against her own students. Her advice to the female student who got arrested was cold. 

I also don't know up to this point how she will be in a relationship, so far we barely saw a different side of her. Only in flashbacks. 

Have to admit, the elevator scene was kinda weird though. I mean, they just came back from a sexual harrasment case, and all GC has to do is randomly grab his professors hand in the elevator, confessing that he likes her. She obviously was confused, but it wouldn't have surprised me if she slapped him again. 

Good second episode, looking forward what's coming next.

• Like 1

I think Soo Jae's decision to expose Professor Seo was a calculated move. She wanted to lead some the centre thing in episode 1 but the Director of the Law School told her there's someone else doing that already and we don't get confirmation who it was. It made us assumed it was that lady professor who despised Soo Jae. Now I think it could be Prof Seo. Soo Jae, at this moment, doesn't do something if it didn't benefit her. So it's highly doubtful she changed her mind and helped coz she's uncool.

Next episode reminds me of Law School's scenario. Soo Jae will be framed as the suspect (it seems) like Kim Myung Min, and together with the students, they try to solve the case.

• Insightful 1
On 6/7/2022 at 12:19 AM, Dhakra said:

Her advice to the female student who got arrested was cold.

It was. But it was also true. The girl already suffered sexual assault before and she didn't learn. She needs to be more aware and not put herself in positions of danger. Otherwise it makes it very difficult for people to believe her in future.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:19 AM, Dhakra said:

Have to admit, the elevator scene was kinda weird though. I mean, they just came back from a sexual harrasment case, and all GC has to do is randomly grab his professors hand in the elevator, confessing that he likes her. She obviously was confused, but it wouldn't have surprised me if she slapped him again.

That's true. With all the metoo stuff, I guess it also makes it really hard for a guy to be too proactive. So this was really surprising.

From a girl's perspective, I can tell you, if she didn't pull her hand away immediately, there's no slap coming hahaha. If I didn't like a guy, there's no way I would allow him to touch me. It would be like ewwwww... So she has good feelings about him as a person, not romantic yet but possible.

On 6/7/2022 at 5:22 AM, mademoiselle said:

Next episode reminds me of Law School's scenario. Soo Jae will be framed as the suspect (it seems) like Kim Myung Min, and together with the students, they try to solve the case.

I don't see how she can be framed. The girl dropped onto the signboard when Soo Jae was walking out of the building. So she definitely did not push her down. The most they can pin on her is playing with her mentally.

img.gif

img.gif

Source: silvertrhee

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

It was. But it was also true. The girl already suffered sexual assault before and she didn't learn. She needs to be more aware and not put herself in positions of danger. Otherwise it makes it very difficult for people to believe her in future.

Of course it was, it would have still been a nice thing to comfort her at least a little bit. I'm aware that this behavior isn't (currently) in SJ repertoire though. 

That's true. With all the metoo stuff, I guess it also makes it really hard for a guy to be too proactive. So this was really surprising.

From a girl's perspective, I can tell you, if she didn't pull her hand away immediately, there's no slap coming hahaha. If I didn't like a guy, there's no way I would allow him to touch me. It would be like ewwwww... So she has good feelings about him as a person, not romantic yet but possible.

I understand. But as you know I provide a guys perspective and I wished he would have a little more foresight. He 'approaches' a girl in an elevator, that moments ago admitted and revealed she was sexually harrassed by a co-worker. And the first thing he does is randomly grab her hand on the way out, even if he is just a student,  he is also a stranger. 

And come on choco, how many slow motion, freeze images have we seen in Kdramas to drag out a single moment that then ends in a slap. After all, this is KDramaland we talking about. I trust NO ONE anymore in Kdramas. :laugh:

I don't see how she can be framed. The girl dropped onto the signboard when Soo Jae was walking out of the building. So she definitely did not push her down. The most they can pin on her is playing with her mentally.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Not physically, but verbally I guess. I think they will frame her, because SJ was the last person who talked to the girl, who could have had the opportunity to change whatever mindset the girl was having. Since SJ was kinda cold to her before, maybe she even said more mean stuff and worsened the situation. We will see I guess. 

What I did not understand was, after the incident, SJ went home and couldn't sleep. We heard her talking to herself about how there was no camera footage and how did she manage to get up there. But now we know based on the preview she saw her herself and talked to her. So I am a bit confused. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Episodes Of “Why Her?”

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Episodes Of “Why Her?”

FEATURES Jun 9, 2022 by binahearts

“Why Her?” is the new SBS mystery romance starring Seo Hyun JinHwang In Yeop, and Bae In Hyuk. The teasers and posters hinted at a series that would be very dark and mysterious. Expectations were set incredibly high as Seo Hyun Jin was cast as the female lead. Seo Hyun Jin stars as Oh Soo Jae, a lawyer who is on her way to becoming a top attorney. She is willing to take down anyone in her path in order to make sure she is successful. Hwang In Yeop stars as a university student who has past connections with Soo Jae and develops a fondness for her. Curious to see what we thought of the series so far? Keep reading to find out!

Trigger warning: There are scenes of suicide and sexual assault in the first two episodes.

1. LOVED: Seo Hyun Jin’s acting

Spoiler

Seo Hyun Jin has proven time and time again that she’s able to rise to the occasion when it comes to her roles. If you look at her past works including “Another Oh Hae Young” and “Dr. Romantic,” we got very believable performances, all of which have brought her to where she is today. Her star power is very evident, and we really didn’t get anything less than perfect in her role as Oh Soo Jae.

seo-hyun-jin.jpeg

Seo Hyun Jin as Oh Soo Jae is very cold, judgmental, and manipulative. She is willing to do anything and everything to try to become a partner at the law firm she works at, and she’s really not likable. She started as an intern, often ridiculed and made fun of by other lawyers. And her background was not as established as the others, which made her an easy target for many. Fast forward several years, and Oh Soo Jae is a partner at the firm. She has caught potential partners in their lies and has risen to the top, all as a result of finding their weaknesses. We don’t know how she ended up being so heartless, but with the flashbacks, it’ll eventually be uncovered.

Aside from the fact that her character is not one we can sympathize with from the start, we have to commend Seo Hyun Jin’s ability to play this role so flawlessly. Her bone-chilling, cold gazes and degrading laughs all show that she is completely nailing this role. It’s hard to see if her character will be able to redeem herself and become a female lead who is worthy of love, but we shall see where it goes.

2. LOVED: Hwang In Yeop in a lead role

Spoiler

hwang-in-yeop-why-her.jpeg

Hwang In Yeop plays Gong Chan, a freshman at Seojoong Law School. In episode 2, we learn that Gong Chan had met Soo Jae when she was his lawyer for a case where he was wrongfully convicted. He becomes a law student to keep a promise he made with her when he was convicted.

Hwang In Yeop has been busy since last appearing in “True Beauty,” filming for two K-dramas which both happened to air within the past month. His fans from all over the world were waiting for his return to the small screen, and this double header was the perfect gift. Gong Chan is like a bright sunny day. He’s already got puppy dog eyes for Oh Soo Jae, and it’s a look that fans can never get enough of. His very direct heart for Soo Jae almost helped with the dark and depressing tone of the first episode. Although it’s still early in the series, his character is already very much lovable; I’m looking forward to seeing his love line with Seo Hyun Jin progress!

3. LOVED: Bae In Hyuk

Spoiler

bae-in-hyuk.jpeg

We really weren’t prepared for Bae In Hyuk to end up being the son of Choi Tae Guk (Heo Joon Ho). There’s something about seeing Bae In Hyuk in bad boy roles that really makes him ooze charisma and charm. His role in “My Roommate Is a Gumiho” was similar and very memorable, which is why this particular role is exceeding expectations already.

It will be interesting to see how his connection with Oh Soo Jae will develop as the series progresses. If there is a love triangle looming on the horizon, we better prepare to have our hearts broken for him. He’s done the second lead syndrome justice in the past, so he will surely nail it this time around!

4. HATED: Choon Poong being a coward

Spoiler

When Na Se Ryun (Nam Ji Hyun) gets sexually assaulted by Professor Seo, Nam Choon Poong (Lee Jin Hyuk) is a prime witness to what happened. He is the only one that can clear her name and prove that Professor Seo is guilty. Nam Choon Poong initially doesn’t want to tell the truth about what he saw because of potentially getting expelled from the school. It was incredibly frustrating, and it makes you think about how relatable this scene could be for many.

why-her.pngwhy-her-1.png

To make things worse, Oh Soo Jae tells Se Ryun to let it go and apologize to Professor Seo, which is ridiculous. It was a good thing that Chan was able to overhear this conversation and put Oh Soo Jae in her place, even a little bit.

The case was slightly redeemed when Oh Soo Jae provided video evidence of herself also getting sexually assaulted by Professor Seo, but it was still mind-boggling how he wasn’t arrested or that it wasn’t more of a public issue. It could be addressed later on in future episodes, so there is still hope that he will see jail time. Justice be served!

5. LOVED: The power of love breaking down walls

Spoiler

It’s a bit corny, but it’s definitely a theme in the series that I’m here for. From the moment Hwang In Yeop comes into the storyline, we are greeted with a wave of warmth. Up until this point, the storyline is despairingly dark without having any characters to root for. The tone changes completely once Oh Soo Jae starts teaching at the law school. Gong Chan is shown to be the knight in shining armor who is willing to do anything to protect Oh Soo Jae and be there for her. We can already see her walls breaking down a bit when Gong Chan confesses to her while holding her hand.

why-her-hwang-in-yeop.png

seo-hyun-jin-why-her.png

She’s obviously taken aback. She may even be liking it. Can’t wait to see this love story progress!

Source

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who is the culprit of PSY death? It feels pretty obvious it would be the ex then with the help of several lackeys from TK law firm to clean up his mess. Even the result might seem too predictable but digging into some evidences to prove PJY innocence are stil fun. And this would be de javu for Gong Chan's past case.

Then how would they make things not too complicated for the professor and student. She already has a lot on her plate, I dont think it will look cool to watch her being the center of laughstock cuz she dates her student. Lol. I like her calm and firm demeanor. She's rational and pretty vigillant. So this romance could be her oppenents tool to fight againts her later. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1

Episode 3

• I have to admit, the way SJ handled the situation with the victim's sister was quite impressive. I was actually impressed how she stayed calm and confronted her. She really knows how to play her cards and manipulate others. She is just very confident in anything she does.
    She kinda spoke the truth aswell, in a just very mean, harsh way. 
  • I really love Mi Rim, she has a good heart and seems like an overall very nice person. She is a good lawyer. 
  • The part on the rooftop was very interesting. 
  • Making her own case a lesson in her classroom is so smart and interesting. Such an interesting scene, I love her style of teaching. Giving it such a "personal" touch is the cherry on top. But the way she interacts with the students, asking questions, including the whole class, she is a born teacher. Pretty sure they learn a lot.
  • GC pushing it up a notch. Well, well. 
  • And we have our first K-Drama Trope. OH NO...it rains..and like always, no korean girl owns an umbrella, thank god her shining knight shows up in slow motion, having an umbrella. :pandasadspoon::laugh:
    Gosh.....:psweatduck: even with a ballad......so romantic  :pandapopcorn:Strong SJ needs to be saved from rain. Who would have guessed. Well, of that doesn't make her fall in love......
  • SJ has such a cute smile :pandalove:
  • That were some pretty hard slaps. Reminded me of the slaps during "John Wick", where a father also slapped his son for doing something stupid. 
  • SJ playing her cards again, this time against Choi. Nice.
  • Even SJ's evil smile is beautiful :pandalove:
  • The best way to impress SJ, roast her co-workers she doesn't like aswell. :lenny:
  • Totally falling for the OST again. Nice scene in her office.....ok wait what?
  • That's the most random, weirdest kiss I have ever seen in a drama, which is totally out of place. :pandadisgusted: What the hell? Because of glass shards?
    How he puts her on the desk, grabbing her by the hips and placing her on top of it. Like he is handling a helpless kid, like she is nine. Oh come on writers, don't ruin this drama for me. That's so totally against her character.....oh come on.....
  • You also don't have to forget, he is her student, she is his professor. Imagine it would get revealed that a fresh-new professor kissed one of her students.
    That kind of carless thing happening to SJ? Who is so intelligent and diligent about every word, every move, every single thing? 
  • Well, guess I will watch ep4, if they don't explain it reasonably, I am gonna drop this drama right away. 
Edited by Dhakra
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 4

• The case could be so interesting, but that random kiss annoys me so much.
  • The scene at the bar where GC talks about SJ, it feels so staged. It started with the umbrella, the glass shards, that were treated like she was standing in burning lava, now they suddenly are in the same bar, which coicidence, and she hears him talk about her across the room. It feels so staged that she has to fall in love with him, it feels so unnatural. I would love if their love-line would feel more natural grown, so far it feels so staged and forced to me. 
    I mean, why would he say all these things, all these random compliments about SJ to a random auntie at a bar? Purely because SJ is listening in.
  • I mean, they establish her as strong, independant, sometimes even mean person, who is able to stand up for herself, who doesn't need the help of anyone. But still they give her a "oh-no weak girl in rain doesn't know what to do"-scene, or make her look like she is about to die just because of a few shards drop in front of her. They still make him the shining-knight, although she clearly is not in need of it. 
  • The case was so nicely handles and interested, SJ is such a good lawyer, but it feels like I watch two different dramas with SJ having a split personality. These "Romance" scenes are so frustrating for me. Mentioning the 7-billion-guy is so strange aswell. 
  • And now she gets burgled, calling of course GC, her student knight in shining armor, who runs like a cheetah to save his fair maiden, protecting her against the baddies, because she is AGAIN, a girl in need. Holy shit, 4 episodes in and it's the usual drama trope. 
    The romance is such bad, bad story telling. 
  • Sorry, I really don't wanna drag the mood down, but it really annoys me. We have this strong female lead, a very interesting case with a lot of turns, but then we have this stuff too.
  •  I don't know if I will be watching episode 5 and beyond. 

Ok I Am Out GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Dhakra
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Well said @Dhakra The romance is way too early and feels forced. It just made me lost interest in this drama. This drama doesn’t need any romance at all but a bad ass Lawyer who isn’t corrupt but in people’s eye she is morally corrupt. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Nooooo @Dhakra @UnniSara don't drop the drama just because of the romance. Agree it is badly done and the show really doesn't need it. Plus the professor+student thing is really a no-go. Just close your eyes and pretend it's not there 😂

I do have a thought on why she seems so soft with GC - powerful women are often times submissive in the bedroom 🤣 At least that is what I gather from all the trashy novels I read hahaha. But SJ does have a soft side - you can see it when she is with her female doctor friend. She just can't show it in her work or people will walk all over her.

I quite like her with this CEO of SP Group though. Wish they had done the romance here instead of with a student.

img.gif

The rest of the drama is soooo good! Love OSJ's confident and arrogant attitude. The cases are very interesting too. I like the way they add more backstory after the situation is resolved which shows just how brilliant SJ is.

Any thoughts on who the father of Park Ji Young's baby is?

And what's with this "Let nature take it's course" mantra by the University Director Baek Jin-Ki - he is suspicious.

And god, how awful is her family!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

And what's with this "Let nature take it's course" mantra by the University Director Baek Jin-Ki - he is suspicious.

suspect there may be a birth secret coming out. What do you think @Chocolate Remember the flashback with the girl in  special    Home. Director Bae Jin-Ki gave the girl three pieces of chocolate. It was kinda creepy. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 6/13/2022 at 12:00 PM, UnniSara said:

suspect there may be a birth secret coming out. What do you think @Chocolate Remember the flashback with the girl in  special    Home. Director Bae Jin-Ki gave the girl three pieces of chocolate. It was kinda creepy. 

Yes, he seemed like a sex predator!

I wonder if he could be SJ's birth father? But then she has a mother, unless she was adopted.

img.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I do have a thought on why she seems so soft with GC - powerful women are often times submissive in the bedroom 🤣 At least that is what I gather from all the trashy novels I read hahaha. But SJ does have a soft side - you can see it when she is with her female doctor friend. She just can't show it in her work or people will walk all over her.

:laugh: I was waiting for your thoughts about this whole romance thing in episode 3-4! I can't say I know for sure or agree about submissive in bedroom but I just think if in a drama a successful man can have both "work" and "love", I don't see why Soo Jae can't have the best of both in the end. I was telling @SilverMoonTea a successful person needs to balance life between work and love. 😆

Although like all, I don't particularly think romance should be the main focus of the story. However, I do think Gong Chan is there to bring out the more human side of Soo Jae. And just like a typical kdrama's chaebol male lead who has a weakness in something, and only the Candy female lead can cure him – so this is just a gender reversal version 😆

The kiss was random. Her calling him rather than the police at the end of episode 4 also had me 🤔 but then I thought maybe she didn't want to involve the police as yet so she made sure she at least called someone, which happens to be him whom she was on the phone before.

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I quite like her with this CEO of SP Group though. Wish they had done the romance here instead of with a student.

True. He looks like a good romantic candidate for her... especially with his bank account :lmao2:. After all, she has 3 blood sucking family member to feed. Looks like Ho Sik hit jackpot and became a CEO now... :lmao2: (sorry, it's my inside joke with Choco about this actor who was also in Our Blues).

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The rest of the drama is soooo good! Love OSJ's confident and arrogant attitude. The cases are very interesting too. I like the way they add more backstory after the situation is resolved which shows just how brilliant SJ is.

Any thoughts on who the father of Park Ji Young's baby is?

And god, how awful is her family!

Other than the random kiss, I didn't mind the other scenes - not even the over-listening the bit of his confession about her. I thought that was cute. And yes, the rest of the drama was still very good and engaging. It seems like a lot of things link together which is interesting. Also it was interesting to find out Soo Jae's own backstory because when she said she understood So Young's situation, she really does and wasn't saying for saying's sake since her family all depended on her as well. But she pulled herself up and didn't fall into the pit that So Young did.

So Young's baby... I am guessing it's CEO Choi's baby! Remember Soo Jae asked So Young who she was meeting in the TK firm? Who else can it be if not CEO Choi and/or his useless eldest son?

Director Baek is indeed suspicious. I'd like to think he's a nice person but now I'm not so sure. In the home, I'm thinking that young lady might be his daughter.

• Haha 3
37 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

:laugh: I was waiting for your thoughts about this whole romance thing in episode 3-4! I can't say I know for sure or agree about submissive in bedroom but I just think if in a drama a successful man can have both "work" and "love", I don't see why Soo Jae can't have the best of both in the end. I was telling @SilverMoonTea a successful person needs to balance life between work and love. 😆

Although like all, I don't particularly think romance should be the main focus of the story. However, I do think Gong Chan is there to bring out the more human side of Soo Jae. And just like a typical kdrama's chaebol male lead who has a weakness in something, and only the Candy female lead can cure him – so this is just a gender reversal version 😆

I don't like the parts with the romance too, but it is not so overbearing that it turns me off. Perhaps because the FL is quite fantastic, the story is good, so I can live with it. But when the romantic scenes come on, I do switch off a bit and wish they didn't waste precious time on it. Older woman/younger man romance also does nothing for me hahaha. I like couples on even standing - both successful, smart and rich! See why Binjin works so well for me? LOL!

I hope Gong Chan has more function. Perhaps it may loop back to his sister's case where he was framed. Was that resolved?

This show has so many things going on I may need to re-watch, if it has a main thread somewhere. It's only been 4 episodes but seems like there are so many cases already. Fantastic.

True. He looks like a good romantic candidate for her... especially with his bank account . After all, she has 3 blood sucking family member to feed. Looks like Ho Sik hit jackpot and became a CEO now...  (sorry, it's my inside joke with Choco about this actor who was also in Our Blues).

Haha, I recognised him too. I hope he has a meatier role than what we have seen so far.

Her calling him rather than the police at the end of episode 4 also had me 🤔 but then I thought maybe she didn't want to involve the police as yet so she made sure she at least called someone, which happens to be him whom she was on the phone before.

On 6/12/2022 at 9:08 AM, Dhakra said:
  • And now she gets burgled, calling of course GC, her knight student in shining armor, who runs like a cheetah to save his fair maiden, proctecting her against the baddies, because she is AGAIN, a girl in need. Holy shit, 4 episodes in and it's the usual drama trope. 
    The romance is such bad, bad story telling. 

My first reaction was also hmmmm... if it was me, I wouldn't be entering the door. I would call for reinforcements first.

But was she trying to protect that USB? That's why she had no time to wait? Did she lose it - the preview seems to show someone else has it now.

Calling GC might seem illogical but on second thoughts, I might also call a close friend, who would immediately understand what was going on and rush to help me. The way she said it out loud after she entered seemed to be trying to scare the intruder off too. It's also a good point that she may not want to involve the police. But why GC? Because she really doesn't have many friends - it's either GC or her lady doctor friend.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I hope Gong Chan has more function. Perhaps it may loop back to his sister's case where he was framed. Was that resolved?

Yes it was considered resolved. The real culprit was caught, which is why Gong Chan was released a year after his sentence.

This show has so many things going on I may need to re-watch, if it has a main thread somewhere. It's only been 4 episodes but seems like there are so many cases already. Fantastic.

It does seem like there are multiple cases in the works simultaneously. I think the most evil revelation from CEO Choi was when he told his son the reason why he had Soo Jae did all handle all those cases so that later on she can be a scapegoat! This actor is such a good villain when he's given a good script.

My first reaction was also hmmmm... if it was me, I wouldn't be entering the door. I would call for reinforcements first.

But was she trying to protect that USB? That's why she had no time to wait? Did she lose it - the preview seems to show someone else has it now.

Calling GC might seem illogical but on second thoughts, I might also call a close friend, who would immediately understand what was going on and rush to help me. The way she said it out loud after she entered seemed to be trying to scare the intruder off too. It's also a good point that she may not want to involve the police. But why GC? Because she really doesn't have many friends - it's either GC or her lady doctor friend.

True. She shouldn't have entered but she seems to want to know who the man is because she was brave enough to actually confront him in the face screaming "Who are you?"

I think she called him because she knows she could trust him. I'd have to rewatch that scene because I remember she was looking through her call history, and dialed his number. I don't think at times like this our brain works very well to be honest. Maybe she chose him because he was the closest to where she was too. And he should ask his two inmate friends to tag along. LOL... but yes, I can tell he had no time to think once he heard the screams.

• Like 3

So, I have to try and stay calm and not go all :pandarage2:again. I had such bad mood after watching ep3+4, glad it was already late and I went to bed shortly after.

13 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Well said @Dhakra The romance is way too early and feels forced. It just made me lost interest in this drama. This drama doesn’t need any romance at all but a bad ass Lawyer who isn’t corrupt but in people’s eye she is morally corrupt. 

Exactly. The case with it's twist and turns, having her students forming her new "Team" and being backup was enough to carry the episodes easily. But the "romance" scenes completetly blew me off.

I don't mind a beautiful romance plot at the side, if it evolves naturally over the course of the drama, blooming around the second half of the drama. But not with her student, at least not while she is in active professor who tries to recover her reputation. She barely even knows her student. 

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Nooooo @Dhakra @UnniSara don't drop the drama just because of the romance. Agree it is badly done and the show really doesn't need it. Plus the professor+student thing is really a no-go. Just close your eyes and pretend it's not there 😂

Yeah, that won't be possible.

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I do have a thought on why she seems so soft with GC - powerful women are often times submissive in the bedroom 🤣

HAHAHAHAHA :laugh: CHOCOOO NOOO! :pandaevil:

I doubt JS would be submissive in the bedroom, she probably would declare you the right to remain silent :lmao2:

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

It just feel like the writer has a blueprint of usual KDrama romance tropes, how they work and then tries to accommodates everything to make it seem logical for her to fall in love with him. 

She could have called the cops, and if she doesn't want to include them, her assistant, her neighbors, the CEO who probably also knows how significant the USB is. I mean, SJ doesn't even know where GC lives, where he is right now and sorry, but telling him a random address and he immediately knowing where it is is pure KDrama Candy Christmas Land. 

If someone tells me an address I take 10min alone to find the exact address on Google Maps. :laugh:

But which professor calls her student if she is in danger? This is just pure blueprint behavior. Oh, shinking young knight saves his Noona, now she falls in love with him. 

Also, SJ is so diligent and careful in everything she does, she rise to power because she was always one step ahead of everyone. So it would be so weird for her to carelessly let her most valueable asset, the USB device, in her apartment without security measures. It's either a Fake USB or drama for drama sake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with everyone, the romance is quite disconnected and a bit random. It's neither passionate or deep, rather than just forced to be there. But surprisingly I don't really hate the kiss. I'm really not sure if more episodes will make this couple work ? 

GC personality is kind of bland for ML. I have to admit I lost my concentration when he's on the screen. His tone also so monotone and almost just like delivering prepared speech. 

I think I will just give this few more episodes to try, and see if any explosive stuff going to come out from this drama or no. I was hoping BIH will become strong competitor , but so far he also didn't do much other than being cute 😅

• Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 hours ago, Dhakra said:

HAHAHAHAHA  CHOCOOO NOOO! :pandaevil:

I doubt JS would be submissive in the bedroom, she probably would declare you the right to remain silent 

I concur with you. He would be submissive because SJ don’t play at all. She is smart and has a goal that no one will get in her way. 

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1