Little Women 작은 아씨들 [2022]

ktcjdrama

Little Women poll  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will In Hye betray her sister In Joo?

2. 2. Will In Joo find the Orchid Killer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2022 at 01:59 PM

Episode 1 

It started off a bit slow for me , i am guessing it is because they are introducing all the main characters to this story. The story was well written and the acting was just right. 

In Joo- -  Seems the saddest of all sisters in my opinion. She loves money but her sisters comes first. She has a s

Oh In-Kyung - - had a taste of luxuary as she was growing up but came to dislike the rich , is a reporter and an alcoholic

Oh In-Hye - - Talented artist but feels her sistes love is suffocating her. She thinks she doesn't deserve all the attention , financial help and love from her sisters.  This is due to their mom lack of belief and understanding her youngest life.

Ah Hee Yeon - selfish and self centerd mother. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

By Lee Gyu Lee.

TvN's adaptation of 'Little Women' reimagines classic as fast-paced thriller.

optimize.jpg

A scene from TvN's new suspense series, "Little Women," which kicked off with a 6.4-percent viewership rating, Saturday / Courtesy of tvN.

TvN's new suspense series, "Little Women" has been highly anticipated right from the start of production with its lineup of creators: "Vincenzo" series director Kim Hee Won and "Thirst" and "Decision to Leave" films' scriptwriter Chung Seo Kyung.

Meeting these expectations, the 12-part series presents a fast-paced storyline and scored a 6.4-percent viewership rating on Saturday, which is quite a high viewership figure for the start of a new drama.

The series begins by showing the lives of three close-knit sisters ― bookkeeper In Joo (Kim Go Eun), journalist In Kyeong (Nam Ji Hyun) and high school student In Hye (Park Ji Hu) ― are born into a family living in poverty.

In Kyeong is overeager and has a strong sense of morality as a journalist, comes across a suspicion concerning a politician. Meanwhile, In Joo gets intertwined in her company's swindling case and receives a bag filled with money from her deceased co-worker.

The director said that the series is a modern interpretation of the well-known classic novel of the same name.

"This is a reinterpretation of the novel, 'Little Women.' I wondered what it would look like in modern Korean society. Our series starts with a reality that everyone can agree with but eventually, will meet an unimaginable ending," she said during an online press conference for the series last week.

"I'm confident in the beautifully written story of writer Chung and the excellent performance of the actors, as well as the beautifully arranged mise-en-scene by production designers and cinematographers. I hope viewers will enjoy the fast-paced, well-woven story of this 12-part series."

She revealed that she has put in a lot of effort to cast the lead actors, expressing that she feels lucky to work with such a great crew.

"I've put in a lot of time for casting. I had rules (in casting): either it is the actor that the viewers want to see or that the production staff would want to work with. And I tried to bring in actors that meet those two criteria," she said.

"Thankfully the actors got curious and took an interest in the series. I could feel their passion in studying the script and in making it into a series," she said.

Kim Go Eun plays the eldest sister she carries the responsibility of taking care of her younger sisters as they navigate their poverty-stricken lives.

"I feel overwhelming joy to have joined writer Chung, director Kim and the actors. There was no reason to turn it down so I took the chance," she said, adding that her character will offer a sense of humor throughout the dark suspense series. "This character is the only person that gives a little wit to such a heavy, serious plot."

"Little Women" airs on Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. on TvN and will stream on Netflix.

'source'

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/09/398_335547.html

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Episode 3 Preview 

After watching episode two , I am hooked and wary of what will happen to the three sisters.

In Joo seems like a good person but making some dumb choices . She befriended Hwa Young , I do wonder if Hwa Young really liked her. I was wary when she made In Joo sign documents that she couldn’t understand. Was she really a good friend? What kind of game was she playing??  She trapped her in a scheme where her choices are limited. I for one DO NOT TRUST KOREAN COPS. So should she go to the police? Will In Joo spend all the money Hwa Young have her. I feel Korean legal system really need to be reviewed so that Justice is served for the victims. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

It is a suspenseful drama @ktcjdrama long time no see.  I can’t help but come up with a theory 

Blue Orchid Killer - - Bobae Saving Bank Case suicide- ->  Won family 

I believe the OH sister’s got pulled in because Oh In Kyung was investigating this BSB case. She thought there was something fishy about the multiple suicide to BSB case . Then Oh In Hye was pulled in as artist to give the Won family princess ( Park Hyo Rin) recognition for her self Portrait. Then In Joo was pulled in the Bookkeeper Suicide case. 

Oh In Hye seemed to be very miserable but I can’t help but think she made her life even more miserable by her actions. 

• Like 6

Little Women | recap a heartbreaking chapter | teaser | stills.

'source'

Spoiler

Fb28igha-UAAf-LWq.jpg

Fb28igoa-UAAd-Fl-U.jpg

Fb28igna-IAA2-Fo-T.jpg

Spoiler

Fb28igkag-AAq1dl.jpg

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1566667443803545600

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 8

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Regarding Choi Do Il (Wi Ha Joon), who exactly is he? In episode 1, he introduced himself as Hwa Young's Project partner. He was seen seeing Park Jae Sang (Um Ki Joon) to his car. AsianWiki categorises him under Wonryeong Group so I'm assuming he works for Wonryeong Group. And Wonryeong Group is linked to Wonryeong Industry which In Kyung (Nam Ji Hyun) speculated to swallow the 140 billion won from the four dead people of Bobae bank case that Park Jae Sang represented years ago.

I can't believe that's the end of Oh Jung Se! He's such a good actor. I'd have loved him being the one staying till the end rather than Um Ki Joon. LOL! That said, he creeps me out when he was sizing up In Joo (Kim Go Eun). The closeness he puts himself to her made me want to go into the screen and save In Joo. If not, I really wanted Choi Do Il to walk in and save her!

And what is it with that orchid?—it seems to act as a signature of someone's MO. A symbol for someone is about to die. I notice the orchid was also displayed at Ha Jong Ho's house!

If Hwa Young isn't having an affair with Director Shin, then the only other suspect is Park Jae Sang! He was using these ladies to steal money for him.

All the clues had already led us to Park Jae Sang and his wife's family (Wonryeong Group). In Hye is associated with their daughter, who took credit to the painting In Hye drew.

The 5 minutes trailer was very interesting, and it showed so many scenes of In Joo with Choi Do Il that I almost wish romance would develop between them whilst they work together finding the money. Wi Ha Joon is very charming in the trailer, hehe, but OMG I just realised...he's played villain before so he could be a murder suspect too! 😳

I think from episode 1 onwards Kim Go Eun is already shining through her acting. Like, I'm just already convinced and liked her character. I just wish she'd spend some money to tidy up that fugly hairstyle of hers later (but soon). Nam Ji Hyun is so-so, just ok, for now. However, I like the dynamic between Go Eun and Ji Hyun as sisters. I think the new actress playing In Hye would be my least favourite sister of the three with her stiff performance 😅.

As for Song Joong Ki, what a short-lived cameo! Wish there were more!

P.S. I can't believe the sisters threw out the kimchi! What a waste! I thought they are poor, so they shouldn't waste food!

BTS

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

P.S. I can't believe the sisters threw out the kimchi! What a waste! I thought they are poor, so they shouldn't waste food!

Me too!! I thought they were just saying it... especially when they repeatedly commented how good the kimchi was... but I guess In-Joo needed the containers more for the cash 😂 She is “not” poor anymore. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I can't believe that's the end of Oh Jung Se! He's such a good actor. I'd have loved him being the one staying till the end rather than Um Ki Joon. LOL! That said, he creeps me out when he was sizing up In Joo (Kim Go Eun). The closeness he puts himself to her made me want to go into the screen and save In Joo.

Same feeling here. He probably is just a guest role then? I enjoy watching Um Ki Joon too though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

The suicide (or perhaps a murder?) lends an interesting twist to this story. I can see some similarities in some of the characters to the book but this show is way darker and more "makjang" so to speak.  I am trying not to compare but  since the writer of the show mentioned in her pre-show interviews about how the characters here are somewhat inspired by Louisa M Alcott's book, I am subconsciously doing just that. LOL! I think NamJiHyun's character arc has the closest resemblance to Jo March. And even her relationship with her grand aunt is similar, and KangHoon's character & friendship with her is quite like Jo & Laurie.  I read that the youngest sister here is a blend of Amy / Beth's characters though here I find her a very dark character while in the book Amy was rather vain.  

If you're wondering whether NamJiHyun and KangHoon's characters have the same fate as Jo & Laurie, this is what NJH said in an interview

Spoiler

I thought the 1st episode was good. I like the cinematography and the introductions to the characters. Wi Ha Joon's character is interesting too - can't tell if he's good or bad. And of course romance wise, I would love to see if there's a friendship to lovers trope going on for In Kyung and JongHo.  I have to say the girls' mother is a terribly selfish woman. Even before she ran off with the money she wasn't particularly clued in to what her daughters liked or wanted. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Me too!! I thought they were just saying it... especially when they repeatedly commented how good the kimchi was... but I guess In-Joo needed the containers more for the cash 😂 She is “not” poor anymore. 

Hahahaha I was thinking, if they don't want it, can they send it over for me to taste... I've never had that kind of kimchi before and I wanna try authentic Korean made version 😆.

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Same feeling here. He probably is just a guest role then? I enjoy watching Um Ki Joon too though. 

I know Um Ki Joon will do justice to a villain role but if I have to choose, I pick Oh Jung Se. Hahahaha!

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The suicide (or perhaps a murder?) lends an interesting twist to this story. I can see some similarities in some of the characters to the book but this show is way darker and more "makjang" so to speak.  I am trying not to compare but  since the writer of the show mentioned in her pre-show interviews about how the characters here are somewhat inspired by Louisa M Alcott's book, I am subconsciously doing just that. LOL! I think NamJiHyun's character arc has the closest resemblance to Jo March. And even her relationship with her grand aunt is similar, and KangHoon's character & friendship with her is quite like Jo & Laurie.  I read that the youngest sister here is a blend of Amy / Beth's characters though here I find her a very dark character while in the book Amy was rather vain.  

Does Kim Go Eun's character as the big sister had any similarities with the book? I didn't read the book. Only watched the movie Little Women by Winona Ryder, Christian Bale, Claire Danes and Kirsten Dunst long time ago. But yes, In Kyung does resemble the set-up to Jo March and Jong Ho instantly made me think of Laurie (oh Laurie...I so ship him with Jo and was shocked he married Amy!). I hope there's no other men and Jong Ho's Laurie gets In Kyung. It'd be weird that he goes after In Hye (Amy/Beth) in this drama. The movie version, I could barely remember the eldest sister.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

So I am done with episode 2. Didn't expect this to be a murder mystery complete with a stolen slush fund somewhere. Then again, it can't be a Korean melodrama without one  :laugh:. Hwa Young and the other bookkeeper before her all did the same thing - helping Shin to cover up the paper trail as they stole from the company. Shin targeted these women to help him since they came from economically inferior backgrounds. In Ju would have "succeeded" HY considering that Shin had hired her for the same reasons. Anyhow, while I can see why the murderer would use the Blue Orchid as a token there as a warning , I am baffled why Hwa Young also had the same tattoo on her legs. Blue Orchids are rare & unique, often symbols of opulence or luxury. Perhaps that is what she craved for , but then why would the murderer use that too? Did you all see JongHo also had a blue orchid in his house? Is there something sinister about him that will be revealed later?

Still can't tell what Wi Ha Joon's character is after - as in we don't quite understand his intentions except that he is also keen to find the 70billion won.  I wonder if there will be some romance between them. The chemistry between him & Kim Go Eun's character is quite good. Considering the couple's pictorial between NJH and Kang Hoon, I am expecting them to fully develop the friends to lovers trope between them of course.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Does Kim Go Eun's character as the big sister had any similarities with the book? I didn't read the book. Only watched the movie Little Women by Winona Ryder, Christian Bale, Claire Danes and Kirsten Dunst long time ago. But yes, In Kyung does resemble the set-up to Jo March and Jong Ho instantly made me think of Laurie (oh Laurie...I so ship him with Jo and was shocked he married Amy!). I hope there's no other men and Jong Ho's Laurie gets In Kyung. It'd be weird that he goes after In Hye (Amy/Beth) in this drama. The movie version, I could barely remember the eldest sister.

In some ways KGEs character does remind me a bit of Meg. Both struggled with poverty & wanted a life of luxury. And like In Joo  whom I thought was quite maternal & protective of her sisters, Meg was somewhat like that too as she helped her mother out with her sisters. Meg also tended to be softer & perhaps some may call her a people pleaser. In the book she did marry for "love" - the man she married wasn't rich. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Ep 1

I just started watching this! I'd been keen since I heard there was going to be an adaptation of the book. As a lover of classics and a keen reader, I was excited but also unsure. See book adaptations can go very wrong sometimes. But when I saw the trailer I realised that this would be a verrryyyy loose adaptation with a lot of room for creativity. I remember the writer saying she wanted a sexy version with corruption and greed .:heiboi:

For the first part of the fist episode I wasn't sure if I liked it. I don't mind anti-heroes or a world where everything seems rather cold. And I really love films and dramas with social commentary that look at the issues with captialism. But I did feel a little bit like every second word was 'money' and it felt a bit too obvious what the theme was - like it was literally being shoved down your throat that this was going to be a story about poverty v. wealth. I prefer a more understated show-don't-tell approach with themes....Also some of the character changes were grating like with Mamie? However, the characters intrigued me, and I liked looking for the interactions with the book (ie. seeing NJH as 'Jo' go to the rich aunt's house) and found it interesting that I had no idea where the story was going to go. :thinking:

Towards the end of the second half I was sucked in. Nothing like a mysterious death of an outcast character and a ton of cash for our favourite anti-heroes to get me on board  :wow2: Also curious about the alcholism with NJH's character - I spent the first half wondering why she was drinking mouth wash and then when it was revealed, I was like LOL, well that makes sense :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did you all see JongHo also had a blue orchid in his house? Is there something sinister about him that will be revealed later?

He picked it up by the crosswalk near the car accident of the fishmonger that In Kyung was about to meet. I hope there won’t be anything sinister about him....

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Fc-BK-h-Aak-AEQL5-X.jpg

Fc-BK-h-Bac-AAXNa1.jpg

Little Women >  showing a terrifying rise in just two episodes • teaser • stills.

Spoiler

Fc-BK-g8ac-AUUf-Rq.jpg

Fc-BK-g8ac-Ac2u1j.jpg

'source'

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1567335147380559873

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Started watching, unlike the novel, the mother is a selfish lousy parent. Also I remember the youngest sister was a painter too in the novel. In the novel, the sisters accepted their poverty although they befriended the rich neighbour Larry. Strangely the youngest sister Amy was a spoilt child and a bit selfish too, unlike the drama.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 4

Tenasia Reporter Hwang Eun Cheol. 

p1065605365037889-132-thum.jpg

(Photo = tvN 'Little Women' screen capture)

'Little Women' actress Gong Min Jung is enhancing the sense of immersion with perfect character digestion.

In tvN's Saturday - Sunday drama Little Women, Gong Min Jung took on the role of In Kyung's senior, hard-working and political sentiment.

In her first broadcast, Gong Min Jung clearly showed the image of a senior Jang Ma Ri, whom her juniors disliked. When In Kyung received the same criticism as before for reporting that revealed her private feelings.

'tap on the link'

'source'

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022090926064

• Like 4