Ghost Doctor 고스트 닥터 [2022]

Tofu

Ghost Doctor 고스트 닥터

005.png

Korean Title: 고스트 닥터

English Title: Ghost Doctor 

Director: Boo Sung Chul (Previously directed Your Honor and Heirs)
Writer: Kim Sun Soo 
Network: tvN
Episodes: 16
Release Date: January 3rd, 2022
English Subtitles: Viki

Official Website: tvN

Synopsis:

Cha Young-Min (Rain) is a genius doctor, but he is arrogant and selfish. One day, he gets involved in an unexpected case. Due to the unexpected case, his spirit possesses another doctor's body. These two doctors are complete opposites, with opposite personalities and medical abilities. (Credit)

• Like 2

Cast.

01.jpg

Rain as Cha Young Min

Genius thoracic surgeon

02.jpg

Kim Bum as Go Seung Tak

Kim Bum will be playing the role of Go Seung Tak, a highly intelligent resident who hails from a privileged background. Born to a wealthy family with a brilliant mind, Go Seung Tak grew up with every advantage. (Credit)

03.jpg

Uee as Jang Se Jin

04.jpg

Son Naeun as Oh Soo Jung

Son Naeun will be playing the role of emergency room intern Oh Soo Jung, who believes in supernatural phenomena and miracles despite studying medicine. Due to a hidden secret, she aspires to become a thoracic surgeon—even if it means going against her family’s wishes. (Credit)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Tofu Have you watched this yet? Kim Bum is so cute but story wise I don't think it'll be very wow or creative.

I had fun watching Kim Bum annoys the heck out of Rain. And also Sung Dong Il's appearance - not sure if he's cameo or a permanent supporting cast.

That annoying doctor from Romantic Doctor S2 who bullies Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung plays a CS here too. He's just as dodgy as he was in RDTK.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 1/5/2022 at 4:53 AM, mademoiselle said:

Kim Bum is so cute but story wise I don't think it'll be very wow or creative.

He is super adorable and I love how he's so snarky to Rain's character too. I, too, felt there wasn't anything exceptionally well done about this drama. Rain's character is not that likable to me and I don't feel invested in him the way I do with Kim Bum's character. I don't know, it feels like Rain's character was just not well thought out or something. I'll keep watching and decide next week if I'll drop or keep going. 

On 1/5/2022 at 4:53 AM, mademoiselle said:

That annoying doctor from Romantic Doctor S2 who bullies Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung plays a CS here too. He's just as dodgy as he was in RDTK.

OMGGGGGGGGG!! I spent a few minutes trying to figure out who the heck he was! Once I figured it out I was so annoyed too! :pandadisgusted:

• Like 2

I couldn't get past episode 1. It feels like Rain hasn't had much success in recent many years when it comes to dramas. Characters are either not well written for him, or he's not picking them well, or he's just not suited to taking on middle-aged characters. I don't know. It's just a bit off, like what @Tofuhas said. I'm still on the look out for something good to watch in 2022...

• Like 2

@Tofu I think episode 3 is alright. There are some tension moments. Kim Bum had my full attention during the conference since I was curious what he really do when he was asked to administer the Heparin to the old man. At least this mystery was finally revealed. Now I don't know what else is in play that'll be fun or captivating enough.

Oh Kim Bum knows he's being possessed (although he doesn't know who) and he's "using" it to his advantage it seems in the next episode.

Rain's character also got a taste of his own medicine when Dr. Ahn says the same thing about him which he had said about the coma patients.

I see there's intention of character growth meant for both Rain and Kim Bum with this body possessing/coma scenarios. At the moment since there's no new kdramas, I'll keep watching until it is totally unwatchable LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think not many people watch this drama. Though the romance ain't well written, I Will keep watching this drama till the end. Rain and Kim Bum are indeed a sight to behold, also it's medical things so I'm in. I always find myself in awe learning those complicated medical terms. Too bad Uee's character doesn't seem engage much to the story. I simply enjoy rain and Kim bum's encounter in the drama; it's a real fun.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Ahh, finally something to move the storyline along! I was starting to get worried that the drama will continue feeling a bit underwhelming like almost to where you want it to be, but not quite getting there. 

This week's episodes revealed that Go Seung Tak always saw Cha Young Min, he just pretended he didn't. I hope this will be the turning point in both characters' development. I would like to see Go Seung Tak combat his fear -- why spend all those years studying when you can't even treat the patients? From what we've seen of him, he empathize with the patients and does want to save them. The only time he acknowledged Cha Young Min was when he wanted to save the patients. 

Cha Young Min is getting a taste of his own medicine which is very well deserved. It bothered me when he wouldn't even consider patients because doing so would ruin his reputation. But I was more bothered because that was the coaching he was giving new doctors. Can you imagined if all doctors operated in that way? I would never want to get injured in fear that I would be seen as not worth saving. 

Can't wait to watch the banter between them next week and I was glad to see that Cha Young Min got a wardrobe upgrade this week. :laugh:

@1217akkum4 Yeah, I think the romance is kind of thrown in there too. I actually wouldn't mind if there wasn't that much focus on the romance. I'm enjoying watching just Kim Bum and Rain. 

By the way, did the drama say why Kim Bum calls Soo Jung (Son Naeun), "Crystal"? :pandathink: