Ghost Doctor 고스트 닥터 [2022]

Tofu

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Seung Tak being able to see ghosts will be fine coz I think Haraboji will support him.

Agreed, I think he might like knowing that Seung Tak is able to see his old friend (Sung Dong Il). I think both haraboji and Song Dong Il started the hospital together. I would not be surprised if he was the person that possessed Young Min too. He was the one that pointed Uee in the right direction when it came to that motorcyclist's condition. 

Is Young Min going to continue going inside Seung Tak to "teach" him surgery because he knows he's going to die soon -- like he has to leave his skills to someone before he dies? 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It's only episode 9-10 and the bad cousin already finds out Cha Young Min is using Seung Tak's body...? Hmm.

I can't complain because Bulgasal waited until episode 14 to tell us things and it's not even all of it! I'd rather the secrets be exposed and people find ways to deal with it than to rush at the end. 

• Haha 1

@mademoiselle I think some romance is starting between Crystal and Seung Tak from these last two episodes. Maybe it'll intensify more in the next couple of weeks. I do like their interactions together and I guess I wouldn't mind a love line between them. 

Interesting to find out that Crystal's grandfather is Sung Dong Il. I am a bit more convinced now that he must have been the ghost that helped Cha Young Min when he was a resident at the hospital. I hope Seung Tak finds out later on about their connection and help Crystal say what she wants to say to her grandfather -- maybe he can encourage her to tell her mother she's pursuing a career as a cardiac surgeon or will continue working in the emergency department. 

• Like 1
On 2/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I think some romance is starting between Crystal and Seung Tak from these last two episodes. Maybe it'll intensify more in the next couple of weeks. I do like their interactions together and I guess I wouldn't mind a love line between them. 

Interesting to find out that Crystal's grandfather is Sung Dong Il. I am a bit more convinced now that he must have been the ghost that helped Cha Young Min when he was a resident at the hospital. I hope Seung Tak finds out later on about their connection and help Crystal say what she wants to say to her grandfather -- maybe he can encourage her to tell her mother she's pursuing a career as a cardiac surgeon or will continue working in the emergency department. 

Yeah there seems to be more side-stories to tell than just keep showing Seung Tak and Young Min joining hands in saving patients. These scenes are starting to feel a bit redundant/repetitive.

I want to see them join hands tackling the evil cousin. I want to see Seung Tak learns more surgery skills through Cha Young Min ( but maybe it'll have to be later when he overcomes his trauma and could no longer see ghosts... it seems). And yes, Crystal and Seung Tak seem to go waaaaay back so definitely want to see the show develop their relationship further.

• Insightful 1

@mademoiselle @Alice Wonderland Same, I'm wanting to see more than Young Min possessing Seung Tak and saving the patients. We know that will continue to happen with both of them, so can we explore how that came to be? How did Young Min get his amazing skills? When he was no longer possessed, how did he continue to have those skills -- will that happen to Seung Tak too?

Since they started exploring the backstory of the female ghost, I'm assuming that they will also start with the other two male ghosts too. I'm ok with that, both trying to save them. 

You were right about Seung Tak, one of the reasons why he gets to nervous about surgery is because he can see the person on the table in front of him. 

BTS

• Like 1

Not many things happened in episode 11. I'm happy to see Seung Jo and Bomi wake up after their surgery. I hope the younger male ghost wakes up too so he can confess his feelings to Bomi. 

It was good to see Young Min break down, I was wondering when that was going to happen. I thought it was strange that it hadn't happened yet. The ending confirms that Sung Dong Il's character was a doctor at the hospital. I'm more convinced now than ever that he was the one who possessed Young Min when he was just a resident.

Uee's character will finally know the connection between Seung Tak and Young Min. I still think it's pretty interesting that everyone believes them. If someone came up to me and said they can see ghosts/spirits, I don't know if I would believe it initially like that. :laugh:

Episode 12 Preview 

• Like 1

The romance between Seung Tak and Crystal is developing at such a snail pace. We don't even know if Seung Tak sees her the same way! We're on episode 12 this week I really want the romance to develop well because right now I don't feel invested in them yet.

As for Rain's acting for the breaking down and crying... he did it so well. I could feel his emotions which is good. I never finished his drama or watched many of it so I can judge. BTW, I watched 1.5 episodes of the variety show Rain was on. He's a good cook!

Haha I'm already certain Sung Dong Il is definitely the one possessing Young Min back then. I wonder what Crystal witness 20 years ago...?

• Insightful 1

@mademoiselle I think the girls are a bit of a waste because they don't have many scenes. I am more invested in Uee's character than Crystal -- we know the backstory between Uee and Young Min while we don't know much about Crystal. I wished they would pick up the pace a little more with Crystal/Seung Tak too.

As for Rain's acting for the breaking down and crying... he did it so well. I could feel his emotions which is good.

Agreed. I thought he did really well with that scene too. The pent up emotions he felt during this whole time was nicely portrayed.

The variety show on Netflix with him? 

I'm already certain Sung Dong Il is definitely the one possessing Young Min back then.

It gets clearer and clearer every episode because it shows him in the staff photo on the wall in today's episode. Haha! 

Maybe Crystal witnessed Seung Tak helping that ghost with the shoe? I don't know but I think it might be tied to being at the hospital around the same time Seung Tak was there. 

Finished episode 12 and how could they end on that note?! :shocked2:

Seung Tak's greatest fear came true! It looks like a table death and now he's going to go through a state of depression. I really hope that Seung Tak gets through this.

Lastly, I love that before Young Min's big surgery, he remembered to give Seung Tak advices on ways to help him get over his fear (plus taking care of his hands haha!). 

Kim Bum. :wow:

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

WHAT?! There's a table death!!! Oh no!

I don't know for sure if it's one, but seeing that they saw the man's spirit and he was slowly disappearing, I'm assuming it might have been a table death. We'll know for sure next week. If it is a table death, then the cousin will 100% sure it against him. 

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It's called The Hungry and the Hairy xD

I saw the first two episodes, I think? I saw up to the part where they went to Jeju Island and met up with Hyori and her husband. That was nice to see him cook for them. 

With the limited dramas out there right now, it feels so strange. I look forward to Ghost Doctor every week now because I have nothing to watch. Hahaha! 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I saw the first two episodes, I think? I saw up to the part where they went to Jeju Island and met up with Hyori and her husband. That was nice to see him cook for them. 

I watched a few more episodes while doing other things. It's not as nice as I'd like. I mostly only pay attention when they are eating some good foods. I don't really care about them riding across the regions in their BMW bikes, and unfortunately, there are a lot of scenes on that.

Since it is NF, I just let it play one episode after another but ended up taking a nap. LMAO.

• Haha 1
On 2/9/2022 at 7:24 PM, mademoiselle said:

unfortunately, there are a lot of scenes on that.

There are a lot of these scenes. LOL!! They were on their bikes a lot. :laugh:

Episode 13 Pre-release

They talked about Crystal's grandfather -- did he save Seung Tak when he was younger? 

• Like 1

FINALLLYYYYYYY!! 

Ugh, we've waited so long for this moment! Seung Tak is going to learn/improve on his surgical skills. I think the drama did well with the pacing in the first half but somehow now it's dragging on. Can they just have Young Min's surgery already? LOL!! 

Crystal confessed her love to Seung Tak but he's so dense, he won't know unless she spells it out for him. Hahaha! I wonder if Seung Tak will tell Crystal that he sees her grandfather? :thinking:

This is cute of them -- also really digging the men's clothes in this drama except that centipede sweater. LOL!

• Haha 1

It's so late in the drama that Seung Tak is finally trying to learn some surgical skills! I kinda don't get how Seung Tak manages to get past his fear. I honestly thought he was going to be the one that saves the kid, not Sung Dong Il. Tsk.

Anyway, I really like Rain in this drama. It suits him doing this kind of genre... not that I can compare since I've never watched anything else. Bahaha.

It was touché (hope I'm using the right description) that Sung Dong Il possessed the evil brother and catch him on camera for harming Young Min. Heh. It's time Seung Min grasped that he's fighting against something in the dark...in this instance, invisible ghosts. Next time that person caught in the act could be him! :cool:

Seung Tak is so absorbed in his own misery that he didn't even react to Crystal's confession. Aw man. Haha. But it's OK. I'm sure later on he will, we just probably don't get to see it. :laugh:

• Haha 1

Seung Tak is teasing Crystal at this point and it's pretty funny -- "did that make your heart race too?" :laugh:

The full story behind Dr. Oh was revealed in today's episode. By saving Seung Tak, he gave up his reincarnation. He'll forever remain a spirit tied to the hospital. I loved the dialogue between the two grandpas. 

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Anyway, I really like Rain in this drama. It suits him doing this kind of genre... not that I can compare since I've never watched anything else. Bahaha.

I've seen a couple of his other dramas, and I like him in this one more too. 

Two more episodes left!! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I loved the dialogue between the two grandpas. 

This scene had me crying :jinbtscry:

I think it hit harder because they were "haraboji"...

Spoiler

... and I'm having PMS :laugh:

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Seung Tak is teasing Crystal at this point and it's pretty funny -- "did that make your heart race too?"

Hahahahaha yeah he's so cheeky but ... it doesn't seem like he feels the same way back. It's just left up in the air. Meanwhile I wonder where Crystal takes Young Min's saegi to since she and the pet got kicked out by Mom. LOL! Now that Seung Tak has recovered, I supposed Crystal can stay at Young Min's apartment for now, take turns house sitting LMAO.

The ending is such a cliffhanger although I'm glad the preview showed Young Min is fine. Seung Tak must have woken up in time to save Young Min. And uh-oh to Seung Tak suddenly not being able to see Young Min anymore. :PsyWhat: I hope he's just pulling a prank on him coz I kinda think he needs to have time to say goodbyes to Sung Dong Il, for the least!