Ghost Doctor 고스트 닥터 [2022]

Tofu

@Tofu So many PPL again!

LOL, when Cha Young Min in Seung Tak's body and Se Jin stare at each other with lovey-dovey eyes in the ambulance, I felt so sorry for Crystal. :laugh: And I wished she would tell them to "get a room" because it was just so weird that I'm watching Kim Bum having the heart eyes for Uee.

Sigh, no progress for Seung Tak and Crystal again even though it seems this time Seung Tak really want to have a meal with her. And I just love how Sung Dong Il made him pay/buy food for his granddaughter. I was wondering why he wanted the black card for and then I got my answer. Nearrrrrly cried again (but PMS is over).

So in the end, Cha Young Min decides to operate on himself through Seung Tak huh? But I hope he has a backup plan that should he get ejected out of Seung Tak's body again, Sung Dong Il will possess Seung Tak or Dr. Ahn to finish the job.

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't know why I'm crying but that conversation between Young Min and the older one of the ghost trio made me so sad. :letalQQ: Can't anyone save him?!

I kinda think the last coma patient will wake up too.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So many PPL again!

No protein drinks this time, just coffee machine. :laugh:

It's selfish of Young Min and Se Jin to use Seung Tak's body like that. I'm glad Crystal was able to see that and tried to help, even though most of it was driven by her jealous. Haha! She called him baby, which was hilarious!

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So in the end, Cha Young Min decides to operate on himself through Seung Tak huh? But I hope he has a backup plan that should he get ejected out of Seung Tak's body again, Sung Dong Il will possess Seung Tak or Dr. Ahn to finish the job.

I think that's going to happen too. It's going to be lonely for Seung Tak when Young Min wakes up. He can't remember all the things Seung Tak has done for him. I appreciated Young Min telling Seung Tak to see his ability as a special gift to treat people instead of seeing it as a bad thing. 

• Like 1

I can't believe it's done! I thoroughly enjoyed this "rom-com" even though there were moments I felt dragged on for more than necessary. One thing I appreciated about Ghost Doctor is that it didn't try to over complicate things. Everyone received an ending that was right for their character -- Young Min woke up and remembered Seung Tak, Young Min and Se Jin got back together, Sung Dong Il is finally getting reincarnated and was able to give Crystal the cake he promised many years ago, the villains got what they deserved, and the ghost trio got their own happy ending. The only thing that didn't happen was Seung Tak is still not able to have a meal with Crystal. :laugh: Although, Seung Tak's jealousy at the end confirmed he might have feelings for Crystal too. 

I am happy Young Min remembered Seung Tak even if the explanation was something like their desperation allowed them to keep their memories. Haha!

FMPvnlr-Vk-AAm-Zva.jpg

• Like 1

If the show was going to do a hasty wrap up of everyone's arc, this could easily have been a 12 or 14 episode drama and not a lot would be affected. Some episodes were romance heavy and to be honest, I'm not sure if they really added to the storytelling. And on other occasions, the characters were merely on the treadmill going around in circles. The show overfocused on some areas eg. the romance between Young-min and Se-jin and underdeveloped others eg. the blossoming romance between Seung-tak and Soo-jin. Ahn Tae-hyun and most of the other doctors in CS were pretty much underused all throughout.

In all honesty, I was onboard with just about everything that the drama threw at us except the body share arrangement and the two women squabbling over who should have time with Seung-tak's body and how often. It's left an unpleasant taste in my mouth even though I thought the finale was a good one. Se-Jin's sudden turn as Ms Perky was pretty jarring and she seemed far too comfortable sliding into date mode with Seung-tak's body than I would have thought of. 

As a medical drama, Ghost Doctor was actually pretty good. The attention to detail during surgeries and the set-up for each highlighted case was pretty well done from my perspective. The most heartwarming parts of the drama really had almost nothing to do with the main romance which really wasn't a strong draw and felt overdone in some instances. The dynamic between Young-min and Seung-tak was definitely key to the show's success because they both had their respective growth arcs but also Young-min's relationships with the spirits wandering around the hospital. This enabled Young-min to have his Christmas Carol story and his second chance at being more of the kind of doctor that he really was. He had his own share of disappointments that turned him into a grumpy arrogant surgeon but as a doctor and mentor, he never compromised quality care.

As far as the villains are concerned, they were really rather peripheral to the story and more or less had little to offer in the latter half of the show. I certainly never felt that Han Seung-won was any kind of real threat to the male leads as he was more an instigator of what happened to Young-min than a consistent foil to Seung-tak and/or Young-min. Both male leads were their own worst enemy not any kind of external threat. 

Finally, it was lovely to be back in some of the same locations that were used in Hospital Playlist.  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@Tofu I stayed up last night and watched cuts of the finale episode! *Yawn*

I didn't realise I will miss the bromance/cameraderie/bond formed between Young Min and Seung Tak until this episode. I was replaying the scenes where Seung Tak was so happy he could have skinship with Young Min. SO ADORABLE! And I actually really like Rain as Young Min and I'm happy with his hairstyle in this finale episode. I was even thinking he looks handsome in the scene when he was waking up. :laugh:

I guessed wrong about the last coma patient. I suppose it already was hinted that Young Min had done all he could to help. I guess I was still hanging on to another miracle where he and Seung Tak somehow found the cure for him too so he could reunite with his family. This is the only regret I feel for the characters.

How Young Min remembers everything isn't exactly very logical or scientific but I don't really care. Hahahaha! I agree Seung Tak definitely likes Crystal back and I'm OK with it as well as it is "hinted".

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

In all honesty, I was onboard with just about everything that the drama threw at us except the body share arrangement and the two women squabbling over who should have time with Seung-tak's body and how often. It's left an unpleasant taste in my mouth even though I thought the finale was a good one.

I felt the same way too. I thought it was selfish of Young Min and Se Jin to do that to Seung Tak. I didn't mind Crystal in that scene because the way I saw it, she probably thought what they were doing was wrong so she wanted to put a stop to it. She was speaking up for Seung Tak, who has a hard time saying 'no' to Young Min. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I didn't realise I will miss the bromance/cameraderie/bond formed between Young Min and Seung Tak until this episode. I was replaying the scenes where Seung Tak was so happy he could have skinship with Young Min. SO ADORABLE!

I know! I'm going to miss them too! It's really like Seung Tak pointed out, this drama was a rom-com and they were the main characters. Haha! They went through so much together and learned to be better doctors because of each other too. 

GD-02.gif

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1