Love All Play 너에게 가는 속도 493km [2022]

Tofu

Both episodes were enjoyable. It seems like Tae Joon does not know the history between Tae Yang and his sister. It's unclear at this time what happened but seems like it has something to do with bribery. Whatever it was, it's enough for Tae Yang to get outcasted by the team especially by Young Sim (she's kind of annoying). I am happy to see Tae Joon call the team members out on their BS for treating her that way. I have a low tolerance for bullying or hazing scenes in dramas so I had to resist the urge to skip them. Haha! 

I like the chemistry between Tae Joon and Tae Yang. They are very natural with their interactions and I can't wait to see their partnership in upcoming episodes. 

@JenL, have you started watching this yet? Park Ju Hyun is much better in this than she was in the drama with Jung Hae In, haha! 

Anyone else watching too? 

BTS.

• Like 2

What??? So that actress Park Ji Hyun is Tae Joon's sister, Park Joon Young? Ooooo.

Yeah this whole bribery issue is puzzling. The only thing I could think of is Tae Yang took the fall for Joon Young because she told Jung Hwan before he exposed the truth, he should ask Joon Young first. But this also is puzzling since if she took the fall then Jung Hwan should be nice to her... :idk:

Anyway, K-drama is so good at making some close contact scenes look so heart fluttering yet doesn't cause allergic reaction in me. That whole see if you can high-5 me scene was so :heart: , making full use of their height difference.

• Like 2
On 4/23/2022 at 10:02 AM, Tofu said:

Chae Jong Hyeop is such a simple and shy person in real life. LOL @ him bringing his perfume because otherwise he wouldn't have anything else to show. :laugh:

Hahaha omg thanks for sharing this! I was like WHY IS HE SO CUTE this entire video :heart::heart::heart:

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Both episodes were enjoyable. It seems like Tae Joon does not know the history between Tae Yang and his sister. It's unclear at this time what happened but seems like it has something to do with bribery. Whatever it was, it's enough for Tae Yang to get outcasted by the team especially by Young Sim (she's kind of annoying). I am happy to see Tae Joon call the team members out on their BS for treating her that way. I have a low tolerance for bullying or hazing scenes in dramas so I had to resist the urge to skip them. Haha! 

I like the chemistry between Tae Joon and Tae Yang. They are very natural with their interactions and I can't wait to see their partnership in upcoming episodes. 

@JenL, have you started watching this yet? Park Ju Hyun is much better in this than she was in the drama with Jung Hae In, haha! 

Anyone else watching too? 

I'm watching! I've seen the first episode, but not the second one yet. I think I'm always more exciting in the 3rd-4th episodes once the drama gets going. I'll have to wait till tonight to see episode 2 and then I'll come back with n opinion :MewHi:

• Like 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episodes 1-2

@Tofu I started watching! I LOVE CHAE JONG HYEOP :wow::wow::wow: Why is he so aodrable?

Not sure if I have strong feelings towards this drama yet, but I will definitely continue watching for Chae Jong Hyeop alone if anything! I was trying to think about why and I think it's because I like sports dramas, but with this one... the characters seem to be lacking any kind of team spirit? Or maybe seem a bit cold? There's also a lot more sports scenes early on than other dramas I've seen. But it always takes me a few episodes to warm to dramas completely. Still not fully sold on Park Ju Hyun as a lead yet. Like I don't dislike her...but she still seems a bit green in the acting department to me. Also the character seems to be stubbornly protecting a secret for no good reason yet?  :thinking:

But there are definitely things I do like. All those scenes with the high 5s were cute, especially the one where he pat her head as well.  And anytime Chae Jong Hyeop does a puppy dog gaze towards his female leads, I DIE (from cuteness overload. Also I want to pat him because he looks at them so longingly). And I'm intrigued about the whole mystery of what Park Tae Yang is hiding!  :laugh:

Also that guy who is outwardly jerky towards others including Park Tae Joon is cute. I think he's an newbie actor called Kim Mu Jun? :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

No gif of Chae Jong Hyeop's abs?

I forgot about the abs because I love his smiles more....but, here's the best of both worlds. :heart:

LAP-11.gif

The clip of Tae Joon's abs scene if anyone wants to watch it:

Spoiler

I wished they show clips of both of them practicing too. The BTS for episode 3-4 did not show much of it. I think today's episode had the most badminton scenes though. 

• Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How is it that Jung Hwan doesn't know Tae Jun is Joon Young's brother?

I have no idea especially since they were together for quite some time. Maybe she talked about her brother but didn't go into details? Although, I think it is very strange that both Park siblings are in the same sports (plus close in age) and no one knows they are related. Was Tae Joon not popular/good so no one cared about him? Even then, people love making headlines about siblings participating in the same sport. 

• Like 1

This show has so much focus on romance than badminton. :nervous: I'm going to give it one more chance for th next episode and if they still overly focus on the romance (which I don't even feel the chemistry) then I've to say sorry to Chae Jong Hyeop.

I honestly was silently hoping the execution will get better but it never did. The show focus too much on romance rather than showing us Tae Yang's journey to recover from her 3 years hiatus. I'd think she should be more determined to practice than dating Tae Jun. The show also focus too much on her being an outcast and bullied by other team members.

As for Tae Jun, the show tells us he has talents. He seems to haven't shown his full potential but every time the show just teases us and not show me the real deal. Gaaah.

Last but not least, the show rely on camera angles when showing the actors play badminton. In the end, you don't really "see" them play much. There are barely any badminton scenes at all. Tae Yang and Jun Young being the two gold medalists and they played like a beginner who can't even swing correctly. :PikachuFacePalm: I don't know, I mean Racket Boys we know the boys had training and even though the shuttlecocks were CG, they really did learn the moves. But here, I don't see any trained results from the actors apart from Chae Jong Seop, who genuinely look like he has got the footwork and swings (although maybe not the smash). It's like watching an actor pretending he's a violinist when he doesn't even know how to hold a bow right.

Are you still watching this @JenL?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle Continuing on our rant from discord, I feel that the drama is lacking when it comes to the badminton scenes and overall storytelling.

I have not watched episode 5/6, but from what I've watched so far, the focus is on the romance. There's nothing particularly wrong with that. However, I think the drama will be more enjoyable if it focused on romance and their individual growth.

We all know something happened to Tae Yang and she went on hiatus for three years because of it. She's back on a team and wanting to show that she still has what it takes to be an all-star player, but that's it. That's all we know. There are very little actions done to back this up. It seems like so far, she is not ready to put forth the effort to challenge the sport again. Or they try to show us, but it falls short of expectation. 

I'll try to watch this week's episodes soon, but hopefully the episodes this upcoming week will be better. 

• Like 1

@Tofu I'm glad you feel the same too. I'd like a balance between their budding romance and badminton/growth. Right now the growth feels so stagnant, and it feels like they are just going in childish circles of bickering, even with Tae Jun and Jung Hwan. Drives me nuts because it didn't feel like the show was heading any where for a long time.

Almost done 6 episode, I planned to comment later but well I'm affraid I'll fprget so I post it now. 

It's really fun watching. It captured my attention from the beginning. The cinematography was amazing. And there are several scenes that stand out in my mind were the part of the cutest ever of park twins support each other. Aw.. they both are so lovely. And the romance isnt that cheesy even the lines are quite one. But well done CJH and PJH made it good and so sweet. Love their witty and livley banters. I really enjoy watching it. 

The return of PTY was not really welcomed by the team and she seems to do self blaming over and over. It's kinda confusing at first why did everyone treat her as an outcast. But yea it unfold as the next episodes show up. I like now that the team seems to have their bond on each other. And I'm sure when everything felt to be resolve another crisis will come back. Let's see how thing will get complicated when TY learns that JY is TJ's sister. Hopefully the rest upcoming episodes will be as good as it was before. 

Going to you at speed 493km is their original working title and the official one is LAP. After watching it, I think I kinda understand why they did that. So this is basically not just a sport drama theme but also romance one. But what I like here, they make the sports balance with the romance. Hopefully, I'm not too overrated. Since the OTP already got together pretty quick so I kinda worried that they might be boring on some point so I think they can start focusing with the sports part on next one. Well, lets see. So far I still like it. It got me some kind of Weightlifting Fairy vibe. 

And the ost, I love them! This came as my fave one... it feels so lively energized. 

Makes me feel like to do start some workout too, haha

• 2 weeks later...

@Alice Wonderland I am all caught up now! 

Tae Joon is the best, how do I get a boyfriend like him? :heart:

To be honest, I'm a little tired of this whole incident with Junyoung, but I do understand why she was upset. Once Taeyang thanked her, it became a burden. She's had to hide what happened from everyone because if she didn't, Taeyang would be reprimanded. I think the reason why her reaction is so strong towards Taeyang is because of resentment. She went through so much and it's natural that resentment builds up. I think they need to stop talking in circle and start communicating with each other. I also think that Taeyang should just accept it if Junyoung is not willing to forgive her. :niu:

• Clapping Hands 1

Yay @Tofu finally! 

CJH is just so good playing TJ and hisbcharacter written so lovely. And i've been living my life for years already but no one is like him. Sigh. He's the sweetest boyfriend ever!! He resoect and caring! 

I got tired as well. They spend 10 episodes already for that matter. And I think the reason that problem resurfaces is to give a closure for them to put things into places. They will be given chance to face the problem this time and overcome it. If I put on JY's shoes, I'd be feeling misrable and harbored those resenment too. She needs to act cool while inside she's feeling the despair. 

I was wondering what will YT and JY react if both find the truth for each other about TY dating her brother. This will be super chaotic, lol. Well, whatever comes hopefully they still can continue being a pro badminton player, stop running away and face their problems.