Someday or One Day 想見你 [ TW Film: 2022 / TW Drama: 2020]

JenL

There's a film coming out that is a movie adaption of the drama. This thread is both for the drama which finished airing in 2020 and the film which is coming out in 2022, if all goes according to plan. I think the rumour is the film may have a different storyline, but still too early to tell 

P7e9FLn.jpg

Cast:

Alice Ke 柯佳嬿

Greg Hsu 許光漢

Patrick Shih 施柏宇

Terry Guo 郭昊钧

Plot:

The "Want to See You" Easter Egg is not the ending of the TV version. In fact, it is the wedge of the movie version. In 2009, 28-year-old Li Ziwei and 17-year-old Huang Yuxuan met each other. The two innocent lives felt the nicks in each other's lives, but they could not find a basis to fill the void in each other's hearts. An accident caused them to fall into another Mobius cycle that has happened countless times. They realized that in another time and space, they used to travel through countless timelines to pursue each other's deep love without regrets. However, in that story, their deepest love came back at an extremely high price. If they can do it again, will they choose the ordinary life of meeting each other, or the scarred and unforgettable life? Or, they can choose to have the pain and love again, and bet on a different ending?

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

They released a little meta clip which looked like a video from the relationship of the characters where Li Zi Wei and Huang Yu Xuan were having a fight, but it's super cute because it really reminds you of the drama. Not sure if this was an out take from the original drama or recently filmed to promote the upcoming movie? :thinking:

Taiwanese media outlets report the film has finished shooting: https://star.ettoday.net/news/2110168

eYY5WFX.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Seems like rough outline of the plot has been put onto Douban...and the 5 minute ending was actually the lead into the movie's storyline :MonkaTang:

Also because I thought you'd be interested @Tofu and @Jane

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2021 at 5:04 AM, Tofu said:

@JenL How long does post-production usually take for Taiwanese movies? I'm not too familiar with it. 

I'm not too sure myself actually. I tend to know the drama schedules but not how films work. Judging by some other films I've been looking at recently, it shouldn't be more than a few months. But if it's the same team for RLIAGL, they've been working tirelessly on promoting that drama at the same time, so not really sure? :thinking:

18 hours ago, Jane said:

Oh dear, I can feel the head/heart-ache that is SOOD coming over me as I read the movie's synopsis! BRING IT ON!

Hahaha, yes, the heatache is going to turn in a new way apparently. Please help us all... :heart:

But at least the casts will give us hilarous laughs

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, yes, the heatache is going to turn in a new way apparently. Please help us all...

We will just have to cry buckets of tears together. Gosh, the whole movie theatre sobbing together!

HAHAHAHA Greg! Waiting for Alice to clapback at him at that jing lai zhun xian comment!

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

These Marie Claire Feb covers are sooooo pretty...wondering if thiis means the film is coming out soon?! :thinking:

No air date that I've heard of as yet. A lot of people were hoping Chinese New Years, but that's probably not possible now if they didn't already have promos out.

• Heart Eyes 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Apparently the movie is compelete and just awaiting an airing date?! @Tofu @Jane I don't know if this is true or not. I mean normally movies are so hyped up before they get released, but I've barely heard anything about this film this past year.... :thinking:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/1/2023 at 4:52 PM, Jane said:

OMG JEN I AM SO EXCITED! The trailers are already giving me whiplash about the plotline but I am all for it! Can't wait to see what mysteries they have in store for us!

Yay! So nice to hear from you! The trailers do look beuatiful and are such a link to the past drama :heart: Do you know if the film will be showing in cienmas in Singapore? :yayaya:

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Yay! So nice to hear from you! The trailers do look beuatiful and are such a link to the past drama :heart: Do you know if the film will be showing in cienmas in Singapore? :yayaya:

Yes, they will be! One of the chains just teased it but no release date yet. I think they will time it for CNY. How about Melbourne?

• Heart Eyes 1

On 1/3/2023 at 12:29 AM, Jane said:

Yes, they will be! One of the chains just teased it but no release date yet. I think they will time it for CNY. How about Melbourne?

Yes!!! That sounds like such a nice treat for CNY. We're apparently getting it next week in our Chinatown cinema!!! I'm so excited 

:wow::wow::wow:

Also I subbed this video because it was such a funny Greg and Alice interaction :laugh::heart:

Today's fan meeting :heart::heart::heart: I was sad that I wasn't there that's for sure! :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

tumblr-163a54ede6de3d7d410218cd51c09c65-

K-ODYSSEY

Written By Reporter Lee Ha Eun Yonhap News

p1065592415180388-896-thum.jpg

The leading actors of the Taiwanese film “Someday or One Day” will visit Korea on Jan. 26, according to the distributor AUD Tuesday.

Alice Ko playing Huang Yu Xuan, Greg Hsu playing Li Zi Wei, and Patrick Shih playing Mo Jun Jie – the three main leads of the film and the original drama series – will be visiting Korea prior to the film’s release. Producer Ma Yi Ting and Taiwanese-South Korean singer Sun Sheng Xi, who sang the original soundtrack (OST), will also be joining the cast on their visit to Korea.

During their visit, which is officially the first time for the three leading actors to visit the country together, the cast will attend events such as press conferences and stage greetings from January, 26th to 28th to meet the national media and fans.

“Someday or One Day,” which will premiere in South Korea on January, 25th is a fantasy romance film in which a couple, who get tangled up in time, meet by chance, fall in love, and try to save each other's lives while the main protagonist appears both in the film and the original drama series of the same name that was aired in 2019, the film and drama series do not share the same universe.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

• 4 weeks later...

ZXmevO.gif

By Kim Da Sol 

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

20230209000832-0.jpg

“Someday or One Day”

(Taiwan)

Opened Jan. 25

Drama

Directed by Hwang Cheonin

Struggling to get over her boyfriend after he dies in a plane accident, Huang Yu Xuan receives a mysterious tape one day that allows her to travel back in time. She dreams of meeting her boyfriend again and questions whether she will be able to change his destiny, in this film continuation of the same-titled 2019 TV series.

https://www.koreaherald.com/topics/

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan