Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

FVRjr-rVUAAw8BO?format=jpg&name=900x900

114075966.1.jpg

Synopsis

This is  the story of a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school—but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Director: Yu In-Sik

Writer: Moon Ji-Won

Network: Sky TV's ENA channel, Olleh TV, ( OTT ) Season, and Netflix.

Episodes: 16

Release Date: 2022

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Cast

news_1649379232_1101160_m_1.jpeg

2022062301001740300110331.jpg

MAIN CAST

Park Eun Bin - Woo Young Woo

Kang Tae Oh - Lee Joon Ho

SUPPORT ROLE 

Kang Ki Young - Jung Myung Seo

Jeon Bae Soo - Woo Gwang Ho
Baek Ji Won - Han Seon Young
Jin Kyung- Tae Soo Mi
Joo Hyun Young - Dong Geulami
Ha Yoon Kyung- Choi Soo Yeon
Joo Jong Hyuk - Kwon Min Woo
Im Sung Jae - Kim Min Shik

Lee Gi Young 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Will be available on Netflix :Party01:

A-Story sells airing rights for 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-Woo' to Netflix 

https://www.hankyung.com/finance/article/2021102506126

A-Story announced on the 25th that it had sold the airing rights license for the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' to Netflix.

The contract period is from this date to May 31, 2032.

The contract amount will be disclosed after the deadline set for the contract termination date has expired.

• Like 3

Photo cr: Sports Donga

109972427.1.jpg

From Soompi: 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495855wpp/park-eun-bin-confirmed-to-star-in-drama-kang-tae-oh-is-in-talks-for

It’s official: Park Eun Bin will be starring in the upcoming drama “Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo” (literal translation)!

On October 29, it was confirmed that Park Eun Bin would be playing the titular role of Woo Young Woo in the new drama, which will tell the story of a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm.

Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school—but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Kang Tae Oh is currently in talks to star in the drama as male lead Lee Jun Ho, an attractive and thoughtful law firm employee.

Are you excited to potentially see Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh together in this new drama?

2021102001001297800085431.jpg

Ki-young Kang and Eun-bin Park become mentor-mentee... Starring in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202110200100129780008543&servicedate=20211019

Actor Kang Ki-young joins the lead role in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

An entertainment industry official said on the 7th, "Kang Ki-young has been selected as the lead in the new drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'." 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' is a drama about a 27-year-old woman with autism spectrum disorder, Woo Young-woo, who works as a lawyer for a large law firm.

Kang Ki-young takes on the role of Jung Myeong-seok, a mentor to Woo Young-woo and a senior lawyer at a law firm Baekryong. Jung Myeong-seok's life struggles is to not live like his father. He is a character who does not resemble his  father, but lives fiercely to repay the kindness of his mother who raised him on her own. He became a trusted senior lawyer in his early 40s and said, 'I will not give consideration to people who cannot work because of a disability. Rather, I will teach you more rigorously!' He works as a boss who meets a strange subordinate, Woo Young-woo.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

All the official articles still don't mention Kang Tae Oh's name

https://www.breaknews.com/862146

'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' (written by Moon Ji-won, directed by Yoo In-sik) is also being filmed with the goal of airing on Netflix and SKY channels in the first half of this year.

Park Eun-bin, who won three awards at the 2021 KBS Acting Awards for showing off her acting skills in 'Affection ', plays Woo Young-woo, a genius with an IQ of 164 and a lawyer with an autism spectrum who will never forget what she saw once . Joo Hyun-young, who emerged as the best rookie actor in 2021 by taking on the role of an intern reporter in 'SNL Korea', takes on the role of Won-woo, Woo Young-woo's friend who is erratic but warm-hearted .

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This new trailer is so unique and there's no role that PEB cannot act in

Jun Ho  (KangTaeOh) is Woo Young Woo's (ParkEunBin) "Confidence Keeper". In teaser 2, everyone was telling her what not to do but his lines didn't hv a negative vibes, saying that he's curios abt her.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

think it'll be cute to have romance between Tae Oh with Eun Bin already.

I hope they do. Maybe there will be hints of it...

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20220621_0001914460&cID=10601&pID=10600

FVxXKTwVIAEeWDJ?format=jpg&name=large

We look forward to seeing Woo Young-woo, who will grow out of the frame set by the world in her own way and with a new perspective, and Jun-ho Lee, who will be a pillar of strength in her challenges.

About working with Kang Tae-oh, Park Eun-bin said, "I thought that Kang Tae-oh's calm image suited him very well for the role of 'Lee Jun-ho'" and "I feel comfortable in the consistent atmosphere. "Next, Kang Tae-oh said, "Actor Eun-bin Park's passion and affection for the character of 'Woo Young-woo' is extraordinary. She is a wonderful actor who is always thinking and working hard, and there is a lot to learn."

The production team of  "Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' said, "The change in the emotions of the two people, who grow and communicate as they solve the case together, will be another point to watch." 

On the other hand, 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' depicts the survival of Woo Young-woo, who has a genius brain and an autism spectrum at the same time, and grows into a true lawyer by solving various cases.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I'm looking forward to this soooooo much. PEB is pretty muhc my favourite Korean actress. I feel like she picks very good roles and she is very, very natural in her acting. I also feel like she's tried and succeeded in so many characters from quirky housemate to loud tomboy sports manager to soft, demure musical student. Also I think I like her friendly image. And she's pretty :heart:

And Kang Tae Oh!!! Yayyyy is he the main lead this time? :thinking:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

11 minutes ago, JenL said:

I'm looking forward to this soooooo much. PEB is pretty muhc my favourite Korean actress. I feel like she picks very good roles and she is very, very natural in her acting. I feel like she's tried and succeeded in so many characters from quirky housemate to loud tomboy sports manager to soft, demure musical student. Also I think I like her friendly image. And she's pretty :heart:

And Kang Tae Oh!!! Yayyyy is he the main lead this time? :thinking:

I love PEB too...one of my favorite k actresses. She's good & versatile. Her eyes are so expressive.

Yup, KTO is the ML .

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

23 hours ago, JenL said:

h an unrelated note, are you only watching what's in your signature??? That's the lightest schedule I've seen you take on ever!!! :shocked:

Bahahah...I have one more - Jinx at First. I have yet to add it in as I just caught the 1st two episodes. It has been a busy time RL making it hard for me to sit down & indulge. But I will prioritise this show. 

Kang Ki Young's stills. He talks about his role. He will be the one to hire WYW

"Jung Myeong-seok is not friendly, but he is a senior lawyer who fights for the rights of new lawyers. Unlike the roles I've shown you in the past, I've reduced a lot of mischievous laughter, and I've been equipped with leadership and a smart figure that can encompass new lawyers."

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202206170085&t=NN

2022061710031906257d3244b4fed18217218513

• Like 3

Character Posters

Woo Young Woo

114075871.1.jpg

Lee Jun Ho

114075869.1.jpg

Jung Myeong Seok

114075879.1.jpg

Not sure who these are but I am guessing the other employees in the firm

Spoiler

114075877.1.jpg

Spoiler

114075875.1.jpg

Spoiler

114075873.1.jpg

Subbed trailer available above

Film making with PEB

• Like 3

Yay yay it's today. 

PRESS CON
KTO and PEB look good together 

2022062916494438396_3.jpg

Spoiler

b95f0fa94f7ba3.jpg

The trio with the PD

Spoiler

2022062916494438396_1.jpg

My fave KTO has lost some weight

image_readbot_2022_570954_16564923225091

PEB looks nice with this hairstyle

Park Eun-bin at the press conference for 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.  Offer|  ENA

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

always like a good legal drama, but the posters are soooooo cutesy 😭

I don't think this will be a hardcore legal drama. In an interview I read, the PD & the writer said that ultimately the message is about WYW's experiences as a lawyer who's on the autism spectrum. The message is about the growth and unusual situations she and those around her will experience. They do understand that there are a lot of concerns about stereotyping the condition , so a lot of research and work has gone into Park Eun Bin's role. Suppose to be a healing drama.

Kang Ki Young says this is the first time he plays a not so comical role - as in he's a very serious boss. A tsundere type character who was quite apprehensive about having WYW in his firm but ends up becoming a good mentor to her.  

As for my baby Kang Tae Oh who plays Lee jun Ho , I understand that he is supposedly a songwriter who works at firm and helps WYW. ( Paralegal clerk?) Anyhow he is warm, friendly and well-liked. 
In an interview I read on Naver, this is what the writer said:

I wanted WYW & LJH's moments to be precious and special enough to be kept in a frame. KangTaeOh made my heart pound as I watched him from afar. With his pure & friendly eyes, he made romantic moments sparkle.

------------------

Stills for eps 1 

p1065575581644420_935_thum.jpg

Highlight reel 

OST 1 is out

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1