Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

I went through all the cuts on Naver , and I like the tone of the show. My sort of drama. PEB never disappoints me in any role that she takes on. Am in love with Kang Tae Oh's character - Jun Ho. Such a sweetheart. He was so kind even from the start and you can tell he doesn't judge her negatively for her unusual way of thinking or her behaviour. Can't say the same for her fellow colleagues.

I tweeted some stuff I like

Spoiler

...but this one has got to be my favorite part with regards to their interactions

Even before he knew she was the lawyer he's to work with, he realised her issue with the revolving door. He taught her a rhythm she can follow so she can go through.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Just finished watching on NF. Love it. I am no expert on autism but I think the drama dealt with the subject sensitively. For me the message of this show is that being different doesn't mean you can't do the things that others can. I love how YW is beating the odds here - PEB is doing a marvelous job as YW. 

I can't help fangirling hard over KTO's Jun Ho. He already won me over with his empathy & compassion. Loved that he spoke in her "lingo" . Of course his handsome face is a plus point. 

Spoiler

FWerNTzUAAIKrvU?format=png&name=small

But more than Jun Ho, I like that YW had a cheerleader in her father and best friend. I think it is when people believe in you, it helps you go further. Her immediate boss is a nice guy too. I can understand his apprehension when she first joined the team but you can see how pleased he was when they won the case.

I wonder why YW's dad didn't practise law ? He was the top student in SNU in his time and it is no coincidence that YW got recruited to the law firm. CEO Han and dad are varsity mates though YW got into the firm on her own merit and not through dad's connections.

New stills ...hahaah these two will go undercover 

2022063014392856204_1.jpg

It was initially this lawyer who had to go undercover but she had a tummy ache! :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

57 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

So cute! The alarm clock and the fluffy slippers are ♥

I love all the whale merchandise too! 

Koo Gwang Hwa will cameo tonight

image_readtop_2022_575806_16565824035092

Official MV for OST2 ...some heart fluttery moments with Jun Ho

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Just finished watching on NF. Love it. I am no expert on autism but I think the drama dealt with the subject sensitively. For me the message of this show is that being different doesn't mean you can't do the things that others can. I love how YW is beating the odds here - PEB is doing a marvelous job as YW. 

I totally agree with you @abs-oluteM. Just started episode 1 and will come back after binging both episodes. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

So glad you're watching this @UnniSara. Eps 2 was great too. The case was unusual and how things turned out wasn't something I expected but I appreciate the message it was trying to send especially with regards to people's views on marriage and relationship. I am a firm believer that marriage should be an absolute choice of both the bride and groom; both should have a certain level of maturity before embarking on a big decision like this. What YW told her dad at the end - her self-awareness about her own situation & chance of marriage and her healthy perception of marriage touched me.

The part where they went undercover to the bridal shop was funny. But wow JunHo's reaction seeing YW in bridal gown was priceless. I am very glad the drama is slowly showing growing interest of both characters in each other. It is  alot more organic this way if there is gonna be romance. Jun Ho is such a compassionate & kind person ...so I can see why everyone likes him. And YW is of course drawn to him now that she gets the green light to talk about whales to him. My favorite bit is his response to SY when the latter told him to draw the line with YW.

I like most of the characters in this show. Dad is lovely and her mentor JMS whom I feel is a great teacher. Even her colleagues - they  are competitive of course and may be a bit insensitive but they aren't so annoying that you would hate them. 

Can't wait now for eps 3 next week.

Love this scene!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Another enjoyable episode. The only disapproved scene is the bride-to-be left with her lover without caring what happened to her father who appears to have suffered a tremendous shock to the news she delivered. I'm all for pursuing your own life and be independent, but not at the expense of the old man looking like he might have had a stroke 😅

I think Jun Ho is falling for Young Woo after being mesmerised by her in the wedding dress. It was then he asked her whether they could talk about other things. Plus why was he waiting for her outside of the restaurant, looking like he wanted to say something. And also, that little clink to her glass when they did the cheers (she was too far to clink hers). I look forward to the development of this cute relationship.

But before the above, I think it was just an innocent "Why can't we talk about whales when we're alone?" and his courteous and considerate nature to behave patiently with Young Woo. I don't think he thought too deep when he said that. Particularly Jun Ho didn't look too engaged or interested either when Young Woo talks to him about whales, and often she does it very randomly... LOL. And his response was quite perfunctory.

It was a valid question Choi Su Yeon raised when she pointed out Jun Ho letting Young Woo talks about whales may not have been the best if there's no commitment. 

Looks like he lives with the other lawyer Kwon Min Woo. Su Yeon must not have known this, otherwise she'd be nicer to Min Woo. Haha. I need to forget he was that infected gym instructor in Happiness 😅

The CEO and Young Woo's father seems to also go way back. I hope to know their backstory. Maybe she'll be Young Woo's father's new love when Young Woo found her lover.

Kang Ki Young playing Jung Myeong Seok was also fun to watch. I just love how Young Woo tells him off. HAHAHA.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I need to forget he was that infected gym instructor in Happiness 😅

OMG...I didn't connect that till you mentioned it ! Now, I must forget it too. :laugh:

Preview...

I know this is a popular trope but I am looking forward to it

Spoiler

FWgdr-OVUAI-R0Q?format=jpg&name=900x900

@Alice Wonderland @ktcjdrama do check out. Think you both will like it. 

@JenL did you managed to catch this one yet?

KTO's pictorial for Singles

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Episodes 1-2

@abs-oluteM Yes! I started watching this the other night and got hooked so I'm up to date for the first week of it.

I do think it would be great if there were more chances for people with dsabilities to be given a chance to act, particularly in stories that might have some relevance to their lives, but I feel like this is still something that all industries have an issue with and it's better that these stories are being told rather than not at all, which use to be the case. However, if they had to go with big name actors, PEB is definitely the right choice as she's a fantastic actress. I also think the story has been handled well and read a few tweets on twiitter from parents of autistic children who saiid that they are watching and enjoying it, even if not everything is accurate. :popcorn:

I really really like the main pairing. PEB is so cute and I have to say between the legal jargon and the enthusiasm for whales, she has a lot of lines to remember for his drama! I like that this story is light hearted and warm, but also shows us the struggles of fitting in and how people easily discriminate when they see someone different even though Woo Young Woo's perspectives are often more helpful than everyone else's.  :heart:

And OMG Kang Tae Oh...maybe this drama might tip him into an important Oppa tier. His character is adorable - I like that he's so friendly and warm and doesn't have any sort of judgement or discrimination like the other lawyers do. When he helped her to 'dance' through the door, I was so in love...And then they did that wedding dress scene and his expression was so smitten! He's very cute when he does that lost in love look...but maybe it was easy as PEB was so pretty  :wow: Episode 2 is very early for the wedding dress scene, so I will take it gladly :laugh:

I enjoy episodic dramas - at least you know it's not going to be boring because you see lots of different subplots. These mini stories so far have been kinda quirky? The conventional courtroom drama is more like the cases that were in Miss Hammurabi where it's like sexual assault in the office or a family member ripping off another family member. But these cases are funnily exaggerated in a relatable way - I feel like a lot of Asian uncles were like the grumpy husband in Episode 1, but he was very wacky. And the wedding dress slipping off - haha, very crazy, but I don't doubt that a rich person would want a billion dollars from the venue if it happened at their kid's wedding. :idk:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

The spectrum is very big and anyone with autism is capable of love/getting married. There are many people you never know has autism by just looking at them. I had client who was autistic, can have lengthy conversations with me where he was able to follow along pretty well, can drive his own car, etc.

I can understand the need to set boundaries, because many autistic people lack social understanding/cues. It's partially why Young Woo had pictures of different facial expressions of her dad posted up. However, it does drive me a little crazy when people tell them what they can/cannot do on certain things when there's nothing wrong with it. I thought Young Woo's introduction is unique. I hope she continues to introduce herself like that! 

The leaving someone mid-sentence is so familiar to what I've experienced. I laughed when I saw it. One minute you're talking to them and the next minute, it's like -- oh, I guess we're done now. Hahaha! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

This drama is surprisingly good. It’s funny and heartwarming and though the cases are mostly “domestic”, they have substance as we wait for Young Woo’s amazing insights/lightbulb moments. I’m very impressed with Park Eun Bin. It is a hard role and it seems she has even changed the pitch of her voice.

Kang Ki Young is cute as the sometimes bewildered supervisor. It’s good that he gives YW the opportunity to really be a lawyer instead of treating her delicately. And yes, it is very funny every time he turns around to give more instructions only for YW to have already walked off!

Now who wants to bet? I say the Taesan lady boss is YW’s mother! 😉

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Wow the drama budget is USD$15M!

logo_b.png

Netizens' jaws drop at the high quality scenes in 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo'

1656742425-befunky-collage-2022-07-02t011339.jpg

Netizens' jaws dropped at the large-scale, high quality scenes shown in the new Netflix drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo'. 

On July 2, one netizen took to a popular community forum and wrote, " 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo', the drama that apparently has a budget of 20 billion won (~$15,397,762) USD)." Here, the netizen included a various screenshots from the drama, that seemed to show why the budget for the drama production was so high. From high quality cinematic graphics to far shots with large crowds (which suggest the use of a lot of extras), 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo', starring Park Eun Bin, impressed viewers with its visuals and production.

Spoiler

1656741399-qruyx.jpg1656741404-jhpsl.jpg1656741408-zjzpp.jpg1656741411-tjvgw.jpg1656741421-pinkvaincod-size-restricted.gif1656741428-terrificterribleindianringneckparakeet-size-restricted.gif1656741439-somemisguidedhectorsdolphin-size-restricted.gif

The netizen further wrote, "They straight up just use the whale video whenever Young Woo figures out a method for something."

1656741608-uejru.jpg1656741608-fsvut.jpg1656741608-ikque.jpg

The netizen then wrote, "The law firm set that makes it obvious they spent a lot of money on it." 

1656741670-ltfns.jpg

The netizen also wrote, "The hotel scene where they used a ton of extras, despite it being a scene that appeared only momentarily."

1656741787-amvis.jpg1656741787-ylvkv.jpg1656741787-fnmue.jpg

More scenes:

1656741824-parallelemotionaldutchsmoushond-size-restricted.gif1656741833-aggressiveverifiablekakarikis-size-restricted.gif1656742316-pepperydizzyemperorpenguin-size-restricted.gif1656742345-parchedinsignificantfalcon-size-restricted.gif

In response, netizens commented:

"This is how you use money."

"I thought that they probably used a lot of money while watching it...the production, set, and CG quality were all no joke."

"My family became completely absorbed into it after the first episode, so we will definitely watch the second episode."

"It was super fun."

"Everything was seriously so good TTTT. I'm watching a drama after a long time."

"I just finished watching it, but it's so fun!"

"The production is so good TTT I liked how the whale was high quality too."

"The whale is amazing and cute."

"Wow, they must have invested a lot into the drama. No wonder the quality was so good."

"It was really obvious that they invested a lot of money into it. The CG and visuals were amazing."

"It really had the feeling where there was no money that was used for no reason. Even that wedding scene is important for the court scene. They really used [the money] for where they need it. It's so fun."

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

I like the story so far. WYW did a good job in her first two cases. And she's very blunt. I was wondering what's the real autism out there, I mean here in kdramas they're seemingly portrayed a lot like a kid, I mean WYW is adult but somehow she acts like a kid sometimes. It reminds me how Jo Won in Green Scalpel portraying Shi On as autism pediatric. Their character was written quite similar. 

And I like when she start asking "what if there is a situation that needs to talk whale in it?" She really cant give it up 😆 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Attorney Park Eun Bin and Woo Young Woo's Flower Smile

Correspondent Kim Do-gon

0000823587_001_20220705093603485.jpg?type=w430

Park Eun-bin's SNS capture

Park Eun-bin released a photo of the scene of

'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

Park Eun-bin posted a photo of her on her own social networking service (SNS) on her 4th day along with the words “THANK YOU, thank you for loving the strange lawyer Woo Young-woo”.

In her published photo, she showed a bright smile with Eunbin Park holding a bouquet of flowers. Park Eun-bin's unique cuteness and innocence was a scene photo that can be felt.

She played the role of lawyer Woo Young-woo in Park Eun-bin's ENA 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo', which she started on the 29th of last month. Woo Young-woo is a genius with an autism spectrum and has turned into a warm-hearted lawyer.

source:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/144/0000823587

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 7/3/2022 at 12:41 AM, Tofu said:

The spectrum is very big and anyone with autism is capable of love/getting married. There are many people you never know has autism by just looking at them. I had client who was autistic, can have lengthy conversations with me where he was able to follow along pretty well, can drive his own car, etc.

Hahaha, when you said that it just reminded me of the relaity show, Love on the Spectrum which is quite popular here in Australia. 

Also I agree - there is quite a wide spectrum. There's an artist I really like, Morgan Harper Nicholls, who has autism but she has very length conversations on podcasts etc, so I don't think the stereotype covers everyone for sure. :MewHi:

On 7/3/2022 at 2:50 AM, Chocolate said:

This drama is surprisingly good. It’s funny and heartwarming and though the cases are mostly “domestic”, they have substance as we wait for Young Woo’s amazing insights/lightbulb moments. I’m very impressed with Park Eun Bin. It is a hard role and it seems she has even changed the pitch of her voice.

Kang Ki Young is cute as the sometimes bewildered supervisor. It’s good that he gives YW the opportunity to really be a lawyer instead of treating her delicately. And yes, it is very funny every time he turns around to give more instructions only for YW to have already walked off!

Now who wants to bet? I say the Taesan lady boss is YW’s mother! 😉

Oooh, I agree with all your points.haha yes, I feel like he's a fun supervisor and that even though he was skeptical at first, he's been fair since he saw her potential which really trampled over his own abilities. Haha, one of those boss ladies is her mother! I feel like they're leading to that in the story. :heiboi:

On 7/3/2022 at 11:25 PM, Chocolate said:

Wow the drama budget is USD$15M

Wow, but I feel like I would invest that much in a drama with PEB :heart:

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episode 3 Preview

https://tv.naver.com/v/27777600

Spoilers

The newly released stills give a sneak peek at the Hanbada Law Firm team tackling their next case. Their new client’s son, who is decked from head to toe in Pengsoo (penguin character) merchandise, is the defendant, and he is also on the autism spectrum. The team puts in effort to open up his heart so that they can hear a statement of what occurred at the time of the incident.

Park-Eun-Bin-3.jpg

Spoiler

In the stills, Woo Young Woo appears to be singing passionately into the mic, while Choi Soo Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung) tries to energize the atmosphere. Jung Myung Seok (Kang Ki Young) hilariously looks ready to burst out into a rap performance at any time, raising anticipation for why they’re all taking turns with the mic.

Park-Eun-Bin-4.jpg

Kang-Ki-Young.jpeg

More photos also depict Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho (Kang Tae Oh) working to investigate the case. They look focused as if they have found a crucial clue, creating a serious but also heart-fluttering atmosphere.

Park-Eun-Bin-5.jpg

Kang-Tae-Oh-2.jpg

Kang-Tae-Oh-Park-Eun-Bin-3.jpg

The upcoming episode will deal with a case in which the younger brother is accused of murdering his older brother. The production team shared, “With the appearance of a defendant who is on the autism spectrum, Woo Young Woo will undergo emotional changes. Please keep watch to see how Woo Young Woo will solve [this case].”

The next episode of “Extraordinary Woo Young Woo” airs on July 6 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

0000990949_001_20220707063104543.jpg?type=w430

Extraordinary Attorney Woo to be adapted into webtoon.

optimize
Posters for the legal drama, "Extraordinary Attorney Woo," left, and the namesake webtoon series / Courtesy of ENA, ASTORY

optimize
The webcomics series, "Extraordinary Attorney Woo," will be released in four different languages: Korean, English, Japanese and Chinese. Courtesy of ASTORY

source:

Spoiler

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/382/0000990949

https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=332284

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan