Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

I love the focus of episode 5 - this was a hard lesson for YW but I am glad that the drama showed that part of her journey would include doing things and making decisions that will conflict with her own values. The world out there is no bed of roses. YW was feeling bad that she helped a client take advantage of the law against her better judgement. But then again, as a lawyer a client's interest take priority ...so I guess in the future she would likely pull out of cases that would go against her own moral compass.

And tonight we saw two very different sides to YW's colleagues. There is Kwon Min Woo - whom I am not such a fan of after tonight. I knew he was competitive but I just didn't like how condescending he was when he spoke to YW. I am so glad that JH got mad at him too and "revenged" on YW's behalf during their basketball game. Then who knew SY was Spring Sunshine. In earlier episode we were given the impression SY disliked her but who knew she's been always looking out for  YW in law school.

So I think it is clear that JH is not quite aware of his feelings for YW but he's very protective of her at this point. I wonder if he sees her romantically though I do like that the show is  getting  him to understand her world first.  When she asked him about whether he likes her in the car, would that be the catalyst for him to discover his feelings? And in the preview, it seems like YW may start experiencing some pangs of jealousy when Min Woo's voice over mentions that SY and JH look good together.

Preview

41 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I plead my case

He had so many swoony moments tonight :wow: ...I like that they all reflect on how sensitive he is to her feelings and that he gets annoyed when others aren't so kind

Ooo by the way , looks like the CEO of the other law firm could be YW's mum....

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I don't think there are enough words to describe how I feel about Jun-ho. A prince among men. He is fast becoming one of my favourite male leads ever. 

I definitely need more of Kang Tae-oh on my screen. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

16 hours ago, Min86 said:

I am finally going to start this, today was the airing date in my country !! I’m so hyped!! 

🤩

I think you would love it. Can't wait to hear what you have to say.

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I don't think there are enough words to describe how I feel about Jun-ho. A prince among men. He is fast becoming one of my favourite male leads ever. 

I definitely need more of Kang Tae-oh on my screen. 

I was gonna tag you or pm you to watch this. 5 episodes in and this drama is magical.

Jun Ho is just perfect. In my earlier drama watching days , I definitely found the arrogant and cold ML more interesting to watch. But these days, I just love  the good boy. Jun Ho has so much empathy and kindness that if I have a daughter,  that would be the traits I will tell her to look for in a guy! And these are the traits I hope my little boy will have when he grows up. 

He was just amazingly sweet here

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM

I don't usually watch legal dramas for romance and I wasn't sure what to expect  but I am so onboard with this one mainly because Kang Tae-oh (whom I also loved in Run-On) is so good here. The way he looked at her when she put on the wedding dress... yeah... the man was in love hook line and sinker. Even the dress fitter commented on it. The expression on his face with his mouth partly opened was to die for. I was thinking after Episode 3 that there wasn't enough of Jun-ho but Episode 4 really brought it all home for me. It's nice that Geu-rami is cheerleading him on when she quickly realises that his interest in Young-woo was beyond collegial. 

I'm fairly certain that they both like each other already.

In this case it's certainly the case, everybody loves Jun-ho. He's not just sweet and sensitive but smart too. He can read the room and knows how to bridge the gap with her sincerely. 

Kang Tae-oh is a star.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think you would love it. Can't wait to hear what you have to say.

I watched the first 2 eps and I can't get enough of it...I think I'm going to try using a VPN to watch the other eps... :laugh:

But, can someone spoil me...do we know already why the Hanbada CEO hired YW? I get that she's shown as the nice CEO when compared to the other one, but somehow I'm not buying it.

AHHH I love, love, love JH! 

Now, let's see if I can manage to start the other eps :D 

3 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Kang Tae-oh (whom I also loved in Run-On)

Oh...I was not sure where I had seen him!! And now that you mentioned it...I also loved him there!! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Party! 1

@Min86 we don’t know CEO’s true intentions for hiring YW . So far what we know is that YW’s dad & her are college mates. And she knows YW’s mum too.  Though it’s not clear who YW’s mum is yet but eps 5 gives us some hints 

Pre - released! 

With translations . Jun Ho confirms he likes her but MW must think it’s SY that he likes ! 

@mademoiselle we finally know what it is.,, this was not included in the episode but ENA released it . This show is trending so much that Twitter Korea even posted it 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

It occurred to me that JH with his incredible empathy for others is possibly the more complementary partner for YW who is on the spectrum. They could literally help support the weakness of the other. In addition to JH helping YW with personal interactions, YW who is so direct and straightforward could also help JH from getting dragged into things. Not to mention that they complement each other as a couple, again with JH able to accommodate YW's quirks, and YW's directness which means that she won't play head games with him.

So, yeah, I guess you could say that I'm on board with this romance. They are just too cute together. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

@stroppyse Not sure if you've caught eps 6 yet but it is looking very promising for the leads as they both begin to recognise these "strange" feelings they have for each other. It is clear now that JH likes her...and in the preview, YW wants to check if she feels the same 

:wow:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Just want to say PEB is doing an amazing performance! I feel she is underrated maybe.  I’ve enjoyed her past dramas and this one is the candle at the top cake,

Am still in pause mode on Wednesday episode,  the atm case makes me ditzy.  I really want to understand the case, because it so enjoyable when Attorney Woo swoops in with the clues to the riddle.

that said going back to finish up.  

I hope PEB gets a big award for this series. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

"There's no way you can miss an episode now," viewers are impressed by the number of re-broadcasts for 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' on ENA

Sophie Ha.

fullsizephoto1488726.jpg

1657834387-image.png1657834475-image.png

Spoiler
1657833886-untitled-1.jpg

'click more'

source:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/07/theres-no-way-you-can-miss-an-episode-now-viewers-are-impressed-by-the-number-of-re-broadcasts-for-extraordinary-attorney-woo-on-ena

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, yeah, I guess you could say that I'm on board with this romance. They are just too cute together. :heart:

They are cute together but...

I can rave on about Jun-ho till the cows come home but it seems to me that the romance was established right from the first episode regardless of how much I love Jun-ho and Young-woo or even regardless of whether they have chemistry (which they do). It is written into the script and set into motion from Day 1. Right out of the block, the first person that Young-woo meets from the firm is Jun-ho who shows her the way to Jung Myeong-seok's office. He's shown to be popular with his colleagues and he's popular with the ladies (judging from the drawer of sweets from his desk) but he's completely unmoved by all their overtures even if he's friendly and good-natured to accept the gifts. But with the new rookie lawyer, it's a different story altogether.

It is as if we are to think of Jun-ho as the perfect man... for Young-woo. Furthermore, it is as if he has been providentially sent to her at the proper time and at the right place. He has been very specifically written as the only person in her world at least who doesn't think that her idiosyncrasies are strange. Accommodating her comes naturally to him. Just consider the revolving door scenario. He immediately provided a solution to the problem. He comes equipped with a toolkit to interact with her that few people have. He comes packaged with all the skills of a special needs support worker and more. He doesn't have to try very hard to be inclusive because he is completely at ease with who she is at the start. He thinks that everything she does is adorable and charming including the spurts of whale talk which he heartily encourages while everyone tolerates to varying degrees. If memory serves, he is the only person who remarks that Young-woo's full name is a palindrome when she's trying desperately not to bring it up. A waltz on the first day? It's magical. 

The fact that he falls for her over time (seems much quicker to the viewers) is hardly surprising because the foundation has been laid for it. He's not even a prestigious lawyer much less a CEO. He's just a really good-looking extrovert staff member who used to volunteer at some special needs facility. That is so refreshing as far as tropes are concerned. Unless of course he's hiding some secret about his identity -- which is possible because he was reluctant to talk about his military service. But my point is that his status and/or wealth doesn't really matter here because it's the kind of man he is that makes him a suitable romantic lead. He is Prince Charming in terms of his personality and looks.

That's why I think the writing of the romance here is good -- better than The Good Doctor if memory serves. 

Re: Episode 6

For personal reasons this one made me cry. I just loved the mother's devotion to her child despite being an unsupported refugee and for the fact that Soo-yeon and Young-woo worked together. The whale analogy was deeply moving and Young-woo lamenting over being abandoned by her mother was depressing. But what was really funny was that the two of them didn't think of confession as a mitigating factor. It was at the back of my mind the whole time that the woman confessed and turn herself in -- shouldn't that count for something? Luckily despite appearances the judge stuck to the law and was good at his job even if the defendant's lawyers made mistakes. I've also come to like Jung Myeong-seok also. He surprised me on day one for being so professional and reasonable despite his early misgivings. He has good leadership skills. I've seen the actor in this and that but it's the first time he's really stood out to me.

"Whoah, whoah" in all its applications was a hoot. 

On another note: Why is Min-wook such a busybody? Why is he getting involved in somebody else's romance? I don't have a problem with the fact that he can't imagine that Jun-ho could fall for Young-woo but why try his hand at matchmaking when he has no clue what's going on. That really annoyed me because he gave two women the wrong impression with his interference. At least when someone does something like that they should clarify points in a conversation that was made in a drunken state.

Negative: Not enough Jun-ho. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Wrap up party - the stars arrive for a private do. They finished filming yesterday 

Spoiler

Honestly so handsome....I am swooning!

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Negative: Not enough Jun-ho. 

Agreed...I was craving for more. 

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

That's why I think the writing of the romance here is good -- better than The Good Doctor if memory serves. 

I didn't like the romance element of The Good Doctor very much, even though it was also set up early. It also never felt quite right. As in, it's only because it's written that the 2 characters be in love that they were in love rather than because the characters could fall in love, if that makes sense.

You laid it out well when you say that JH really was set up to be the perfect man for YW, finding her quirks adorable and respecting her intelligence, so that it's believable that he could fall for her. While YW has enough awareness that she is able to respond to JH as well as GRM, SY, and others who care for her, but she also feels attraction to JH.

@abs-oluteMI'm anticipating next week's episodes where she is going to check whether she likes JH or not. :lmao2::wow::pandapopcorn:

14 hours ago, Mizv said:

Just want to say PEB is doing an amazing performance! I feel she is underrated maybe.  I’ve enjoyed her past dramas and this one is the candle at the top cake,

I think she's a good actress, and I'm always willing to give her projects a watch, though I haven't been fond of all of her projects. However, I think she is doing an excellent job here as YWY. I love that she remains true to her character even as YW continues to learn how to handle the world on her own terms.

Kang Tae Oh has also been a pleasant surprise here. I did like him in earlier projects, but like a lot of his groupmates, he seemed more beauty than talent. He's still beautiful, but I like his portrayal of JH here.

On another note: Why is Min-wook such a busybody? Why is he getting involved in somebody else's romance? I don't have a problem with the fact that he can't imagine that Jun-ho could fall for Young-woo but why try his hand at matchmaking when he has no clue what's going on. That really annoyed me because he gave two women the wrong impression with his interference. At least when someone does something like that they should clarify points in a conversation that was made in a drunken state.

MW seems to be written to be a rather narcissistic worm at this juncture, but I'm assuming that he will have a hard fall than a revelatory moment of some kind where he realizes what a miscreant he has been. I've been thinking that he and GRM will become a match at some point, but not until he's been shown the error of his selfish, self-righteous ways. Every time I see him belittle or dismiss YW, he earns a bit more of my dislike. Though, he does seem to be set to be a good lawyer if not necessarily an honorable lawyer.

I've also come to like Jung Myeong-seok also. He surprised me on day one for being so professional and reasonable despite his early misgivings. He has good leadership skills. I've seen the actor in this and that but it's the first time he's really stood out to me.

I like him as well! I could sympathize with his misgivings initially about YWY, but having accepted her onto his team, he's learned her strengths and weaknesses and is able to utilize her effectively for their cases. His support of YWY in the earlier episode about the autistic younger brother accused of killing his older brother surprised me in that he actually gave up the case to another lawyer.

I also like that he is a good lawyer, and he understands that his job is to be the lawyer for his clients, just like MH, but without the backstabbing and with a conscience.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

I'm going to write my opinions on the latest episodes later - haha with all the good dramas going on I feel like I am doing a fine balance to stay on top of all of them :laugh: So while I finish them all in a timely manner I then don't have time to write about them :lettalKWA: Also I screwed up my arm, so I don't think I'm suppose to be typing as much...I may end up having to podcast my thoughts. Haha, don't be too annoyed if I just drop a podcast link since my arm is killing me :letalQQ:

But I wanted most importantly this morning to share was this deleted scene in case some of you haven't seen it yet - it turns out WYW does find Jun Ho's gift! I wonder why they deleted this scene though since it's quite beautiful in my opinion. Maybe it's not realistic? (I was thinking along the lines of the character randomly picking something out from the trash no context?) 

Also we find out what the gift is @abs-oluteM @mademoiselle @stroppyse @Tofu and anyone else who was discussing this - it's a water projection lamp :heart:

Also, these are the subbed PEB and KTO moments in Episodes 3-4

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

7 minutes ago, JenL said:

Also we find out what the gift is @abs-oluteM @mademoiselle @stroppyse @Tofu and anyone else who was discussing this - it's a water projection lamp :heart:

It is really nice. I feel inspired to get one ahahah

Has subs

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

@JenL @abs-oluteM Pity the scene was cut! Maybe they cut it to give way for better story-telling on the case. Good that they release it on the internet so we all get to see what the gift really is.

Looks like Taesan's CEO really is Young Woo's mother. The rumour was she gave birth before marriage, hinting at she must have abandoned Young Woo when she's only a baby, so I don't think she knew Young Woo is autistic. Fingers crossed the CEO of Hanbada doesn't use this against Taesan.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1