Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

@mademoiselle @Mizv Though the drama is sending all these obvious hints that the mum is the other CEO, I wonder if it is some red herring . It's not easy to hide information if you have given birth.  :thinking:Unless she was from the middle ages or something, surely she will need to give birth in a clinic or hospital isn't it? And there will be records. For someone who is vying to be the next Minister of Justice (or something like that)  am sure she knows it will be found out sooner or later. 

----------------------

This drama is receiving so much love that it has topped Good Data Rankings 3 weeks in a row. The online buzz, the ratings etc have been fantastic for a small (relatively new) cable channel (ENA). 

And this week our handsome Kang Tae Oh tops the actors list taking over PEB who was 1st last week.

Spoiler

Actor Kang Tae-oh, who was in second place last week, took first place in the topic of performer category. After that, 6 characters in the play were ranked at the top: Park Eun-bin (2nd place), Ha Yun-kyung (4th place), Kang Ki-young (7th place), Joo Jong-hyuk (8th place), and Joo Hyeon-young (11th place).

https://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB12066754

The only reason this excites me is because this buzz did not come overnight. I think most of us here watched him in Run On - that's where he stole my heart. I have seen his previous shows and they were alright but not mind blowing. The roles he took on after Run On were so so but this one as Jun Ho is the right career move. I am a little sad that he can't ride on this wave since he will enlist after filming a movie as a detective (with Shin Hye Sun) 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

27cd1460a94a351c226d5e8ab84ff63578145b7c

The secret of 'Woo Young Woo Syndrome', like 'Spring Sunshine', a heartwarming and warm healing synergy.

Seo Byung Gi.

download.jpg

A warm wind of change is blowing in the world of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' Park Eun Bin.

The ENA channel 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' (Directed by Yoo In Sik, Written by Moon Ji Won, Produced by A Story, KT Studio Genie and Romantic Crew) syndrome does not know how to stop and is strong . Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin)'s survival story at a large law firm, who solves cases in his own way every time, hangs out with various people, and achieves growth one step at a time, gives pleasant laughter and warm emotions. This is a reason why 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' which showed the true value of a good drama is receiving a lot of enthusiastic response.

The ratings and popularity are also skyrocketing day after day. The last 6 episodes recorded 9.6% nationwide, 10.4% in the metropolitan area, and 11.8% per minute (Nielsen Korea, paid household standards), breaking their own record again. The audience rating of 2049 was also 5.3%, taking the top spot on all channels.

'click on the link below for more details'

source:

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20220719092855655

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 7/18/2022 at 5:17 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @Mizv Though the drama is sending all these obvious hints that the mum is the other CEO, I wonder if it is some red herring . It's not easy to hide information if you have given birth.  Unless she was from the middle ages or something, surely she will need to give birth in a clinic or hospital isn't it? And there will be records. For someone who is vying to be the next Minister of Justice (or something like that)  am sure she knows it will be found out sooner or later. 

I think this drama is pretty straightforward. The main plot is WYW's journey. Finding her mother is a big part of that journey and her mother must be a character of some weightage for the story to be important.

The Taesun CEO's family is rich. So it is possible for her family to use their connections to keep the birth secret, or she may even have given birth overseas. I am more curious why she gave up the baby - was she forced by the family or did she also not want the child? And was it before or after she knew the child was autistic? She had a wistful look when she saw the mother daughter couples shopping - hopefully this means well for her relationship with WYW.

The mother and baby whale story in the last episode was really touching. Sometimes, I wonder at the things humans do.

On 7/15/2022 at 4:55 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

If memory serves, he is the only person who remarks that Young-woo's full name is a palindrome when she's trying desperately not to bring it up. A waltz on the first day? It's magical. 

Yes! I noticed this from the start too. I think YW was also a little stunned. Coupled with all the other things he does for her, which not many others do, how can she not fall for him?

While you all are waiting for the JH-YW scene, I am wondering how she will react when he touches her 😆 since she has an aversion to being touched.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

1656741428-terrificterribleindianringnec

Park Eun Bin reveals the director waited a year for her to appear on Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

Sophie-Ha

1658180510-untitled-1.jpg

With the popularity of ENA's 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo,' the story behind the casting of lead actress Park Eun Bin is garnering attention.  

On the 24th of last month, the fashion magazine Allure Korea published a pictorial and interview with Park Eun Bin. Park Eun Bin has been gaining much popularity and recognition as she has been playing the role of Woo Young Woo, an attorney with an autism spectrum disorder. During the interview, Park Eun Bin was asked how she chose this project, and she responded, "I was actually offered this role at the same time as the drama 'The King's Affection.' I really thought this drama was a good project, but I was not confident if I'd do well."  

Park Eun Bin continued to explain, "I was afraid and I didn't know if I'd do well so that I won't hurt others' feelings. So I contemplated for a while and rejected the role a few times. But the director and writer said they'd wait for me because they showed their trust in me I wanted to repay them, so I have mastered up the courage to take on the role."

In fact, it was revealed that writer Moon Ji Won and director Yoo In Sik waited a year to cast Park Eun Bin in this drama. Therefore, Park Eun Bin decided to film 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' after the popularity of the drama 'The King's Affection.'

Park Eun Bin revealed that this project was challenging and explained, "I felt this was really hard but then I started to get an idea so things started unraveling from then." She also added, "I felt that the writer and director had much expectation of me. So, they helped me bring up the courage to film this project."

Spoiler

1658181869-image-1.png

1658181841-image.png

source:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/07/park-eun-bin-reveals-the-director-waited-a-year-for-her-to-appear-on-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Woo Young Woo said "Whales are smart and O... " , "Whale fanatic."

the hidden meaning.

Joong Ang Ilbo

e8cace2e-466f-4ed7-ba7a-83c616453098.jpg

9cb3b473-f9c3-49d8-839c-ccce0162f9f7.jpg

1b7b042f-692e-4194-8a31-b9acf11baeb4.jpg

'tap'

source:

Spoiler

https://www.joongang.co.kr/article/25088252

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

tumblr-86b06037b4b6e7f85485fc7293b4de2f-

Extraordinary Attorney Woo tops Netflix viewership chart for 2nd week.

optimize.jpg

Scenes from the Korean legal drama "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" / Courtesy of ENA

The Korean legal drama "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" has topped Netflix's latest weekly viewership chart of non-English TV shows for the second consecutive week, the global video streaming service said Wednesday.

The TV series, which has aired every Wednesday and Thursday on the cable channel ENA beginning June 29, marked 45.6 million hours of viewing for the week of July 11-17 to lead Netflix's official top 10 list for non-English TV programs available on the service, according to the company.

It debuted at No. 1 on the chart last week and became the second Korean-made TV series that is simultaneously streamed on a local TV channel and on Netflix to rank No. 1 on the official viewership chart, following the romantic comedy "Business Proposal " (2022).

The 16-part drama is also the eighth Korean-language show that has topped the weekly chart for the category that includes Netflix originals, like the global sensation "Squid Game" (2021) and "All of Us Are Dead" (2022).

The series made the top 10 on the most-watched non-English TV show table in 22 countries over the one-week period and topped the list in eight nations, including Korea, Indonesia and Taiwan.

"Woo" revolves around a lawyer named Woo Young-woo (Park Eun-bin), who is brilliant and smart with an outstanding memory but lacks social skills and empathy due to being on the autism spectrum. As a rookie lawyer at a law firm, she attempts to practice law and win cases, facing prejudice against her and those on the spectrum.

The Korea fantasy romance "Alchemy of Souls" placed fifth on the non-English TV show table with 14.6 million hours, staying in the top 10 for three weeks in a row.

On the same chart, the Korean romantic comedy "She Would Never Know" also made the top 10 to rank ninth with 10.4 million hours. (Yonhap)

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/07/398_333041.html

• Like 3
  • Party! 2

5 hours ago, Min86 said:

I mean, we’re all assuming that Taesun’s CEO is YWs mom, right? 

I think that's what most people think as well. 

@Chocolate the PD did say that one of the things to look forward to is their inventive dates...so I am also keen to see how she reacts to his touch. 

This has subs for the pre-released

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I have more to say but it's late...just leaving this here. Don't know about YW but my heart was pounding when he said this

JH : So your heart doesn't race even when we're not touching? Even when you're with me? That's disappointing.  :hug:

And this scene :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

4 hours ago, Min86 said:

This is so well deserved! 

Wow, those are fantastic domestic ratings! I'm not sure how much it advances the understanding of autism, but I would think that the more dramas depict them as part of society, the more it may help normalize their presence?

Anyway, on to the episode... grrr! That Kwon Min Woo is such a jerk and a coward! I liked that Soo Yeon called him out for picking on WYW. Despite his response that WYW is not the weak one, she's the one who takes advantage of everything, that is just sour grapes talking because KMW doesn't have a photographic memory or the ability to put it all together with respect to the law. WYW has the ability to focus on her single interest at the cost of being able to have normal relationships and having to deal with all sorts of discrimination. However, KMW is the kind of jerk who thinks he is the only one good enough for anything and everything, and resents others who can be better than him. As SY said, KMW is just a bully lashing out.

I am curious to see the rest of the scene where LJH crowds near YWY after she asks to touch him to figure out if she likes him. It was actually pretty sexy how he asked whether she needed to touch him to know whether she likes him and said how that was disappointing.

I'm glad to see that SY is aware enough to pick up that LJH likes YWY and to challenge YWY on whether she liked LJH back.

I don't know if Myung Seok is supposed to be married or not, but if he's single, is it wrong to ship him with SY? I know that MS is the older, more senior lawyer, but I think they could be a cute power couple together.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo's' take on autism spectrum becomes sensation.

Popular drama takes 'open-hearted approach' to people with disabilities.

By Lee Gyu Lee.

optimize.jpg

Actress Park Eun-bin plays the title role in ENA's series, "Extraordinary Attorney Woo," which has become very popular recently. Courtesy of AStory, KT Studio Genie.

optimize-1.jpg

A scene from the series, "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" / Courtesy of AStory, KT Studio Genie.

optimize-2.jpg

Series "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" topped Netflix's official non-English Top 10 chart in the first week of July. Courtesy of AStory, KT Studio Genie.  

Spoiler

optimize-3.jpg

A scene from the series, "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" / Courtesy of AStory, KT Studio Genie

'click on the link'

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/07/398_333101.html

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Maybe I need to rewatch Run-On but I don't remember Kang Tae-oh being this good. He was a favourite on Run-On and he certainly had star quality but wow, his acting in the "That's disappointing" scene is very nuanced and so good.  There was even a quiver in his voice at the end of it like he's about to cry. And the way his demeanour changed from being unsure and awkward to being confident was really spectacular. A slight change in the eyes and cheeks and he was another man. Then just before he leaned over, it looked like he was trying to pull his nerves under control. Wow. I can read his emotions off his face. It's quality acting. You can also tell that I've watched that scene far too many times already.  

The whale couple are just downright adorable. For a show that's not romance focused, the romance is so beautifully done like everything else in the show. It feels so organic like it's all meant to be. I love how the director often focuses on their feet. It is terribly interesting. First it's the waltz and now it's something akin to the tango. 

I don't want to talk about Min-woo in the same space as the romance.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

OMG GUYS I just watched the last episode and Damn Kang Tae Oh was sooooo hot. I don't know if WTW has fully decided that she's in love with Jun Ho, but even from a screen, without touching him, I've decided that I'm in love with him :pandahehe::heart:

• Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Wow ! 2 key scenes tonight. Dad tells YW that TaeSun CEO is her mum when he finds out she was going to recruit YW. YW fell down in shock. But at the end YW did speak to TaeSun CEO and I was surprised she told the latter that she is her daughter!!!  :hug:

A bit more history here

Spoiler

And the confession to Jun Ho ...man, that night she had run off before she touched him but she told him she likes him. However, as he was gonna respond she cut him off.....aiyoooooo

Spoiler

Preview....so many whale couple moments...and jealous Jun Ho! Koo Kyo Hwan cameo ( my fave in DP) How to wait? 

31 minutes ago, JenL said:

OMG GUYS I just watched the last episode and Damn Kang Tae Oh was sooooo hot. I don't know if WTW has fully decided that she's in love with Jun Ho, but even from a screen, without touching him, I've decided that I'm in love with him :pandahehe::heart:

I need his long arms for a back hug to further test how fast my heart can beat  :laugh:

Spoiler

Lovely shot of him posted by his agency

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Episodes 5

I didn't get a chance to write on last week's episodes coz I was in physical pain, but I'm feeling better this week so just going to share thought thoughts quickly - Episode 5 with the ATM case, I felt so bad for WYW and honestly, I think it's the reason why I turned down a law career myself - I could never hack the idea of representing people I did not agree with. At least this was not a criminal case - I remember speaking with a criiminal lawyer who was appointed to defend alleged criminals and I felt squirmish because I would hate the idea of defending someone really well and getting them off the  hook if it turned out they the person who hurt someone else.  I actually thought it was a really good episode in that it didn't show this naive viiew of the law in that it's either all good or all bad which is what happens in a lot of legal dramas - it was realistic in that it showed the nature of client work which can be very demoralising if you get a bad client. There's lot of gray area and unfortunately, people can use the law as a tool to take advantage of others. I understood  WYW  in the way she felt like let herself down by going against her beliefs and moral compass. It was a very bittersweet episode, but I loved how the episode felt. Alos Jun Ho is just so respectful of her - he wanted to comfort her in the way that people generally do, but he held back from touching her because he knew she would be uncomfortable. But it pained him all the same. And the way that she replaced the sunflower with the letter touched me as well. I think because even though most people would have taken that letter as criticism, WYW took it as something to remind herself to be the best person she can be :heart:

Episode 6

Hahaha...this was the episode with the North Korean defector....And maybe it's terrible, because I know she was an honest person and just feeling desperate...but I was very annoyed with the client's outburst at the other woman, especially since the other lady was also an abuse victim (even though she was lying)! :PikaWutS: I was like please don't talk and let your lawyers guide you!!! But I felt sad for discrimination against North Koreans, I didn't realise that was such a big issue, but I guess it's always that thing where people think others are taking theiir resources apparently. Also was the judge from that episode the evil CEO in Happiness? :laugh: I feel like the dicey characters here are from Happiness if you include the selfish lawyer Min Woo who was the lying gym guy as well

• Clapping Hands 2

Episode 7

Ahhhhhh, damn, this episode was everything. I'll be honest, the romance is like my main focus when I say this :laugh: But apart from that, I'm a sucker for close knit communities and this episode hd such a cute little community full of fun cariing people who were being taken advantage of for their land :letalQQ: I like watching an underdog fight and hope the little town will come out on top.

But getting back to the romance...I cannot with Kang Tae Oh :wow::wow::wow:. Everything about Jun Ho's scenes with WYW are super fluttery for me. I think the romance works because he is so gentle and super empathetic (ie. hhe is always trying to learn about her and always respectful and mindful of her preferences), but damn that boy's flirting/ romantic tension skills are  :1000:  Haha, to be honest, I laughed at how bewildered he was at first...but also it was probably killing him too to have the girl he was interested in asking if she could touch him and not knowing the effect of those words :laugh::lenny: But he's such a tease...I liked that he guessed her feelings and it gave him the confidence to say something that was honest but also playful and close to his heart.

I also really really like that the other female lawyer Su Yeon has been depicted as being genuinely nice and kindhearted., I forgot to mention earlier I was really touched when WYW told her she had noticed that she was always kind and warm to her :heart: But I also like that they show realistically that she still feels a title wistful or jealous as would be normal when you're next to someone who you feel is smarter than you. I just hope it never grows! I'm so sick of old school shows that depict women as being mean towards each other. I like that she's an all rounder in smarts and looks and connections, but still very human.

Anyway just letting you all know I have replayed this scene 10000000 times now

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1