Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

Whoaaa... short-minded Kwon Min Woo is really irritating! I keep being patient in case I hit or throw my phone screen. His inferiority complex over YW has blinded his fair judgement and he appears to be that cheap and petty office gossiper, less work too much talk. But this is interesting. I thought all of the second female leads are so nice here unlike the kdrama norm where they described to be the opposites. And now I undestand that stupid KMW was put there to fill in that spot! He nailed it! I really want to smack the back of his head ten times! :mad:

Okay, so here we got the birth secret revealed. It would be so upsetting when YW learns that she admires the one who abondoned her and I wonder wether TSM know about her autism when she left the baby with the father. :popcorn:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Whoaaa... short-minded Kwon Min Woo is really irritating! I keep being patient in case I hit or throw my phone screen. His inferiority complex over YW has blinded his fair judgement and he appears to be that cheap and petty office gossiper, less work too much talk. But this is interesting. I thought all of the second female leads are so nice here unlike the kdrama norm where they described to be the opposites. And now I undestand that stupid KMW was put there to fill in that spot! He nailed it! I really want to smack the back of his head ten times! :mad:

I feel the same about KMW, but then I started wondering if it's actually a fake out, as in, he's not the one who wrote that petty post after all.

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Okay, so here we got the birth secret revealed. It would be so upsetting when YW learns that she admires the one who abondoned her and I wonder wether TSM know about her autism when she left the baby with the father. 

I was very sad for YW to find out who her mother was, but even sadder that she had known all along that her mother had abandoned her and her father.

I do like how she tells her mother that she couldn't leave her father in order to go to her mother's company, especially knowing that her mother had abandoned her.

I doubt that YW knew that her baby was autistic. It seems that pretty much as soon as she gave birth, the baby was handed over to the father. I also wonder about the mother's family's role in all that since the woman who dropped YW off with her father told him not to even wonder about how well the mother may or may not be doing.

It was good that the mother respected YW as a lawyer, though, even before she knew who she was, and wanted to scout her for Taesan.

I think the mother is probably going to want to get to know YW better, though I wonder how that will jibe with her political ambitions.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

I must say...KUDOS to both Park Eun Bin and Jin Kyeong for that last scene! The way they portrayed so many emotions was absolutely wonderful.  I felt for them both. 

21 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I also wonder about the mother's family's role in all that since the woman who dropped YW off with her father told him not to even wonder about how well the mother may or may not be doing.

You know, I wonder if there's more to that story as well. I guess, they will have to adress it at some point, especially bc it will either be revealed by the Hanbada CEO or someone else in order to stop the Taesan CEO from her political ambitions. 

Also, I hope we get more scenes between them.  

Edited by Min86
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, Min86 said:

Also, I hope we get more scenes between them.  

I definitely think we'll get more scenes. I'm waiting on a family reunion of some kinds. Not necessarily that the mother and father will get back together, but at least be friends? It all depends, of course, on whether the mother is willing to acknowledge WYW as her daughter.

I agree with you that the chemistry between WYW and her mother in that final was really fantastic!

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
53 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I definitely think we'll get more scenes. I'm waiting on a family reunion of some kinds. Not necessarily that the mother and father will get back together, but at least be friends? It all depends, of course, on whether the mother is willing to acknowledge WYW as her daughter.

I agree with you that the chemistry between WYW and her mother in that final was really fantastic!

I do expect a confrontation between the parents at some point. And it will also be important to see how Sumí will react. Will she put her ambition first, again? Or will she give that up? 

another reason might be whatever plans the Hanbada CEO has. I do think she’ll have no problem ousting YW as Sumi’s out of wedlock child. 

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
2 hours ago, Min86 said:

another reason might be whatever plans the Hanbada CEO has. I do think she’ll have no problem ousting YW as Sumi’s out of wedlock child. 

That's true. She suspected who the mother was, and she saw the resemblance between YW and her mother. I'm with the father, though, in saying that he's willing for her to do whatever, though only up to a point, if it means YW gets a chance to do what she wants.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Min86 said:

oh, this exchange seems intense

Tae Su Mi, the former CEO of Taesan Law Firm, took some business away from Hanbada Law Firm based on the rumor that she is about to be appointed the Minister of Justice. (She stepped down as CEO in anticipation of the appointment.)

Han Sun Young, the CEO of Hanbada Law Firm, approaches TSM after she finds that out from the Vice Chairman of Jin Young Group. HSY tells TSM that TSM had better make sure she becomes the Minister of Justice, since she's already trying to acquire more business based on that rumor, but then tells TSM to be careful since you never know when things are going to fall apart, after all, even TSM has flaws. TSM responds what flaws does she have? Is it that she takes business away from Hanbada all the time? Or that she took HSY's man and made him her own husband. HSY responds that there had been a time when TSM had acted unlike herself and been in love, and did she forget what the results of that love was.

So, it is an intense exchange between rivals. HSY probably already disliked TSM from when she stole her boyfriend, but it's since become a professional competition as well. HSY must have suspected about YW, though it's not clear how she knew who YW was since her father had quit law and hidden himself and YW away. I don't think it's revenge that motivated HSY, but it definitely was to put kinks in TSM's plans.

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1
23 hours ago, JenL said:

Everything about Jun Ho's scenes with WYW are super fluttery for me. I think the romance works because he is so gentle and super empathetic (ie. hhe is always trying to learn about her and always respectful and mindful of her preferences), but damn that boy's flirting/ romantic tension skills are  :1000:  Haha, to be honest, I laughed at how bewildered he was at first...but also it was probably killing him too to have the girl he was interested in asking if she could touch him and not knowing the effect of those words :laugh::lenny: But he's such a tease...I liked that he guessed her feelings and it gave him the confidence to say something that was honest but also playful and close to his heart.

Tell me about it ....I was wondering how they were going to do the "touch" but wow our Jun Ho here was going in for the kiss isn't it ? That was why she was closing her eyes, though we know now she ran for the hills because her heart was just beating too fast!

Namoo released a film making video with PEB

And oh my word....look at how awesome this editing is. How did they manage to even think of linking my dearest oppa Lee Joon Hyuk and this show :laugh:

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

And oh my word....look at how awesome this editing is. How did they manage to even think of linking my dearest oppa Lee Joon Hyuk and this show

That is a fantastic mashup! Wow, how did they even think to do this? "If Seo Dong Jae had been a lawyer at Hanbada" is really well done. Thanks for sharing!

The "whoa whoa" scenes from this drama are always hilarious.

Also, Lee Joon Hyuk needs to be in another drama soon.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1
59 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Tae Su Mi, the former CEO of Taesan Law Firm, took some business away from Hanbada Law Firm based on the rumor that she is about to be appointed the Minister of Justice. (She stepped down as CEO in anticipation of the appointment.)

Han Sun Young, the CEO of Hanbada Law Firm, approaches TSM after she finds that out from the Vice Chairman of Jin Young Group. HSY tells TSM that TSM had better make sure she becomes the Minister of Justice, since she's already trying to acquire more business based on that rumor, but then tells TSM to be careful since you never know when things are going to fall apart, after all, even TSM has flaws. TSM responds what flaws does she have? Is it that she takes business away from Hanbada all the time? Or that she took HSY's man and made him her own husband. HSY responds that there had been a time when TSM had acted unlike herself and been in love, and did she forget what the results of that love was.

So, it is an intense exchange between rivals. HSY probably already disliked TSM from when she stole her boyfriend, but it's since become a professional competition as well. HSY must have suspected about YW, though it's not clear how she knew who YW was since her father had quit law and hidden himself and YW away. I don't think it's revenge that motivated HSY, but it definitely was to put kinks in TSM's plans.

So, it seems it's a complex plot. In ep 7, the dad told CEO Han that he knows she's trying to make Hanbada the #1 Law firm in the country and if Sumi gets the Min position it won't happen...so, he told her he knows, she will have to stop that from happening if I'm not mistaken.

Now, we know there's also the ex boyfriend who married Sumi in the end...do we know if that man lives? Some ppl say he's dead? I'm not sure.

Still, now all the parties but YW know about these beef the women have...I wonder when YW is going to find out. And also, how Tae Sumi will respond.

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

1656741421-pinkvaincod-size-restricted.g

the topic raised by 'Syndrome Woo Young Woo' ; the autism spectrum, widespread prejudice.

Kim Saet Byul.

20221424165849920000-20220723062102217.j

Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo explains in detail to carefully approach the autism spectrum and helps understanding / ENA.

Spoiler

20229995165849920010-20220723062102228.j

20227206165849920020-20220723062102240.j

Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo deals with not only the autism spectrum, but also other prejudices and discrimination prevalent in society / provided by ENA. broadcast screen capture

'click on the link'

source:

http://news.tf.co.kr/read/entertain/1953778.htm

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Those who has watched "Do You Like Brahms?", did you guys notice the violinist was playing Traumerei? Even the BGM in the unreleased scene of Hanbada CEO meeting Tae Su Mi is also Traumerei. 😆

Yes. A tribute to her role in Brahms . 😆

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

tumblr-811d2726d9fd34f90f630c6fe539c4a9-

Extraordinary Attorney Woo episode 8 recap: Woo Young Woo confesses her feelings for Lee Jun Ho?

collage-1.webp

The eighth episode of ENA’s Extraordinary Attorney Woo featured Woo Young Woo (played by Park Eun Bin) confessing her feelings for Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh).

It was Jun Ho who brought up ‘that day.’ When Young Woo and Jun Ho were left alone, he asked, “Did you get home safely that day?” referring to the day she tried to see if she liked him or not by touching him. Turns out, she had run out of the room when he got too close to her.

When asked about ‘that day,’ she failed to remember what had happened right away and asked him back, “That day?”. He hesitated for a bit and asked her again, saying, “You just ran out all of a sudden.” A few minutes later, she recollected what had happened that day and got candid about her feelings, stating, “That day, my heart rate was really high.” “Even though I did not touch you at all, my heart was beating very fast, So… I think I do like you,” she added, making viewers’ hearts flutter.

After her confession, Jun Ho was seen looking concerned and gave her an unexpected answer. When he ventured to say, “Attorney Woo. I . . , ” she said, “Running . . away?” However, what she said was not to show her disappointment with his remark. It just came out of her mouth when she spotted Park Yoo Jin running away from the scene so the conversation between the two came to a halt as they chased after the provincial office employee. The cliffhanger episode left viewers all in the dark about how things will pan out between the two.

source:

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/774148

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-a9369e8972596b252a895219c72ad5ec-

The popularity of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' sparked debate over whether a lawyer with autism is possible in real life.

By Yaki Jones.

1658711359-kuk202207110047.jpg

The main character Woo Young Woo, played by actress Park Eun Bin, has an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and is just high functioning enough to practice law in court. Thanks to the realistic performance by the actress and the popularity of the series, many wonder if such a lawyer is possible in real life.

While there are a few attorneys with ASD in the U.S., no one among 26,486 registered attorneys in Korea has ASD. However, it isn't entirely impossible for someone with ASD to become a lawyer as the bar does not discriminate against disability. Anyone who graduates from 25 accredited law schools in Korea can take a bar exam and become an attorney.

Lawyer Shin Min Young who advised the show regarding its legal portrayal said, "Though it's not truly comparable, those who have a visual or auditory disability have been active as judges for over a decade. I believe an autistic attorney is possible too." Lawyer Ji Yong Chul also said, "It could be harder to assign tasks due to societal stereotypes but if someone passed a bar competing with others without disability, that in itself proves the exceptional ability of that person. I would always welcome someone with passion and fresh perspective like Woo Young Woo as my teammate."

tap that source button:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/07/the-popularity-of-extraordinary-attorney-woo-sparks-debate-over-whether-a-lawyer-with-autism-is-possible-in-real-life

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3

On 7/21/2022 at 11:26 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

Whoaaa... short-minded Kwon Min Woo is really irritating! I keep being patient in case I hit or throw my phone screen. His inferiority complex over YW has blinded his fair judgement and he appears to be that cheap and petty office gossiper, less work too much talk.

@Alice Wonderland Well said chingu, I knew he would be a problem from the very first episode. Kwon Min Woo fees threaten by Young-Woo. 

@twink_twink_ Thanks for sharing his article. It was very informative, this drama can also open the eyes of people who like to discriminate people. 
m

Young Woo and Tae Su Mi both suffer from OCD. Did you notice Tae Su-Mi had to arrange the shoes in order. Tae Su-Mi seems like a cool person who admires talent. She took her loss like a champ. 

I can’t wait to see what happens next?

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

When @abs-oluteMand I last chatted, she mentioned that she was nervous that something could go wrong with the show. While watching Episode 8, It occurred to me what that could be. I wasn't particularly enamoured with 8 especially coming off the high of 7. I didn't think the town planning case warranted two episodes. It felt like old jokes getting recycled although I did enjoy the rain chase as well as the father-daughter heart to heart. Of all the episodes, 8 was my least favourite. I don't know what it is, but I tend generally to prefer the odd to the even numbered episodes. In part it's correlated with the amount of Jun-ho that's in the show.

I'm also concerned about the juggling act now that Mother is in the mix as a rival to Hanbada as well as all the baggage that she's carrying now that she's running for office. Already the show is pretty crowded and we don't get a lot off Jun-ho as it is. I don't need an elaborate backstory here (TBH I don't need one at all) but it would be nice if there was something more than the feeling especially in some of the episodes where he's just a ship/whale passing through. It's clear that the romance occupies a small part of the show but that's not what I'm complaining about. I'd like to see more Jun-ho and for the show to flesh his arc a bit more and being a tad more than just Young-woo's love interest. Although they handled the Mother reveal issue quickly and efficiently, I'm concerned about what's coming down the pike.

Hopefully I'm not jumping the gun here but yeah, for some reason Episode 8 got me a little concerned.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 7/25/2022 at 2:47 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

When @abs-oluteMand I last chatted, she mentioned that she was nervous that something could go wrong with the show. While watching Episode 8, It occurred to me what that could be. I wasn't particularly enamoured with 8 especially coming off the high of 7. I didn't think the town planning case warranted two episodes. It felt like old jokes getting recycled although I did enjoy the rain chase as well as the father-daughter heart to heart. Of all the episodes, 8 was my least favourite. I don't know what it is, but I tend generally to prefer the odd to the even numbered episodes. In part it's correlated with the amount of Jun-ho that's in the show.

I'm also concerned about the juggling act now that Mother is in the mix as a rival to Hanbada as well as all the baggage that she's carrying now that she's running for office. Already the show is pretty crowded and we don't get a lot off Jun-ho as it is. I don't need an elaborate backstory here (TBH I don't need one at all) but it would be nice if there was something more than the feeling especially in some of the episodes where he's just a ship/whale passing through. It's clear that the romance occupies a small part of the show but that's not what I'm complaining about. I'd like to see more Jun-ho and for the show to flesh his arc a bit more and being a tad more than just Young-woo's love interest. Although they handled the Mother reveal issue quickly and efficiently, I'm concerned about what's coming down the pike.

Hopefully I'm not jumping the gun here but yeah, for some reason Episode 8 got me a little concerned.

Agree that this case was the most uninteresting one compared to the others so far. However, considering that the writer used only 2 episodes to deal with the important revelation of YW's mother and backstory, the pace is quite fast. The meeting between YW and her mum under the Hackberry Tree may have some significance, and thus the village story was conceived / stretched out.

First saw this in a tweet, but not sure if this is just fan's imagination...

https://kbizoom.com/the-surprising-meaning-of-the-hackberry-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo-revealed-by-netizens/ 

Allow me to share the perspective of a watcher who has no particular feelings for Jun Ho or the actor playing him 😅

I like the drama primarily because it has courtroom cases (although simple ones but still requires some brilliance to resolve) and PEB's Woo Young Woo is damn cute. There are also many endearing and funny moments. I really hope the drama does not skew towards the romance later - that would be a disaster for me. Although I know a big part of the popularity of this show is due to Kang Tae Oh.

If you look at the Asianwiki cast list, KTO is just part of Hanbada.

N3WgBIw.png

And to me, that is how it should be.

I view Jun Ho as just another part of YW's growing up journey. So the weight of his character should be on par with her boss, her colleagues and definitely not heavier than her mother. I think it is quite well balanced as it is.

Hopefully I am not now on the same hated list as Min Woo 😂.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1
2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'd like to see more Jun-ho and for the show to flesh his arc a bit more and being a tad more than just Young-woo's love interest. Although they handled the Mother reveal issue quickly and efficiently, I'm concerned about what's coming down the pike.

I cannot agree more. This has been my concern in the last few episodes. For someone who's supposed to be the main male lead, a back story is in order. I don't need a lot. But I would like to know how he ended up here ( I thought I read somewhere that he is supposed to be a songwriter too) and perhaps some information about his family. 

Some film making stills...Jun Ho, you're hugging the wrong girl. :laugh:FYI , Kang Tae Oh and the actress who played Spring Sunshine worked in a previous KBS drama special called A Moment Of Romance where she was his subordinate / bestie who liked him. But I can't remember if it was reciprocated because the storyline traumatised me. 

Spoiler

114634776.1.jpg

PS22072500019.jpg

This is hilarious

Extraordinary Attorney Woo': Fans want to 'save' Kang Tae-oh from military enlistment after hit K-drama ends

Source

Fans want to 'recruit' 600 people to enlist in the military on behalf of Kang Tae-oh after his popularity skyrockets thanks to 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo'

Spoiler

Over the last few weeks, the ongoing ENA and Netflix K-drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' has been seeing a rise in its ratings. From the start of the show, new fans of the K-drama have been drooling over the main lead, Lee Jun-ho played by actor Kang Tae-oh. Fans have been gushing about how their love for the character played by Tae-oh as they talk about his 'golden retriever boy' character as Jun-ho who has a one-sided crush on Attorney Woo Young-woo played by Park Eun-bin.

Now as the relationship between Young-woo and Jun-ho has slowly started to develop with the show's episodes 7 and 8 which aired this week, fans have been paying a lot more attention to the main lead. It had been reported that Kang Tae-oh had announced that 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' would be the last K-drama he would be filming for a while before his temporary hiatus. The actor is all set to start his mandatory military enlistment in the months to come and it seems that fans have been trying to find ways to keep their favorite actor from going on a hiatus at the peak of his career.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@Chocolate I don't really hate Min-woo in the same way as everyone else. :P

Min-woo is not a character I sweat about too much to be honest. A character like this is important in the mix because the show is exploring the tension between Inclusive practice and discrimination against special needs individuals.  Which I'm completely for. But for a guy who claims to have the moral high ground on the issue of inclusivity, yeah, he's a bit of a whiner and wouse. It doesn't feel like he has the courage of his convictions that he pretends to have. The reality is there is no "level playing field". Life isn't fair. The truth is that some people have to work harder than others. It's always been that way. I am surprised though that a Korean person would make such a big deal out of using connections as if nobody else does it. Even here where I am, it happens quite a lot. Many jobs are found through friends and relatives. And in this case it's not even a big deal because Young-woo actually has the grades and qualifications but was actively discriminated against because of a perceived "disability".

I don't need more romance. The romance is a nice touch for a show about how a particular type of autistic person sees the world. I just need more Jun-ho. Even just to show a little more of what he does outside of work. This is the drawback of an episodic show because it means that the cases have to be consistently good across the board with guest roles that are engaging. The moment I'm not invested in the client's issues, then the show immediately becomes more crowded.

But I realise too that we're only at the halfway mark and a lot can change from here on. 

@abs-oluteMI loved Episode 7 and I didn't mind all the nutty stuff from the townsfolk. I thought the balance in Episode 7 was rather good but 8 felt like an anti-climax almost. There was some follow up from 7 but somewhat unsatisfying.

In some ways I wish they hadn't included a romance because they've done such a good job with it and it's raised certain expectations. 

• Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.