2022.02.04 First peek! Pink coloured hair Kim Hee Sun!

MBC’s upcoming drama “Tomorrow” has shared its first glimpse of Kim Hee Sun in character!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Tomorrow” will tell the story of Choi Joon Woong (played by SF9‘s Rowoon), who gets into an unfortunate accident while struggling to find a job. As a result, he crosses paths with grim reapers Goo Ryun (Kim Hee Sun) and Lim Ryoong Goo (Yoon Ji On), who work together to save the lives of those who are contemplating suicide, and he winds up joining their team in the underworld as their youngest member.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Kim Hee Sun sports a bold new hairstyle as Goo Ryun, the fearless and charismatic grim reaper who leads the Crisis Management Team at the spirit management headquarters of the afterlife monopoly called Joomadeung (phantasmagoria).

Although Goo Ryun appears ice-cold on the outside, she is a warm-hearted character who is tough enough to stand up to those who are powerful, yet kind enough to treat the weak with respect and care. The new photos capture Goo Ryun’s fierce, intimidating aura—but there is also a tinge of sorrow to her gaze that hints at the many ordeals the character has been through, which have earned her the nickname “the woman who came back from hell.”

The producers of “Tomorrow” commented, “In order to play the character of Goo Ryun, Kim Hee Sun made a shocking transformation with a pink bob haircut, and she displayed a surprising resemblance to the character in the original webtoon.”

“Furthermore, Kim Hee Sun has been making the character even more three-dimensional as she brings it to life with her solid acting, impressing [the cast and crew on set] at every single shoot,” they continued. “Please look forward to Kim Hee Sun’s grim reaper and ‘Tomorrow.'”

“Tomorrow” will premiere in March 2022, following the conclusion of “Tracer.”

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

2022.02.08 SF9’s Rowoon Is A Nervous Yet Determined Job Seeker In Upcoming Fantasy Drama “Tomorrow”

Rowoon.jpeg

MBC’s upcoming drama “Tomorrow” released its first look at SF9’s Rowoon!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Tomorrow” will tell the story of Choi Joon Woong (Rowoon), who gets into an unfortunate accident while struggling to find a job. As a result, he crosses paths with grim reapers Goo Ryun (Kim Hee Sun) and Lim Ryoong Goo (Yoon Ji On), who work together to save the lives of those who are contemplating suicide, and he winds up joining their team in the underworld as their youngest member.

Rowoon stars as Choi Joon Woong, the only contractual employee on the Crisis Management Team at the spirit management headquarters of the afterlife monopoly called Joomadeung (phantasmagoria). Due to an unexpected accident, Choi Joon Woong falls into a coma and becomes neither dead nor alive. In the process, he finally achieves his dream of getting his first job, but in the underworld. Although Choi Joon Woong is a curious and nosy person by nature, he brings change to the Crisis Management Team with his heartwarming and caring personality.

The newly released stills raise further anticipation for Rowoon’s character. Choi Joon Woong wears a clean-cut suit while sitting stiffly upright. The test identification slip pinned to his chest reveals that he is in the process of undergoing an interview. Choi Joon Woong’s tense expression conveys his desperate desire to get hired.

A different still captures Choi Joon Woong’s more relaxed and cute charm. Eyes sparkling with curiosity, Choi Joon Woong wears a bright and refreshing smile that captures his energetic spirit. Although Choi Joon Woong can be clumsy, he will be a passionate employee who instinctively acts first before thinking at his first job.

Rowoon-2.jpeg

The production team shared, “With affection for his character and detailed analysis of the script as foundations, Rowoon perfectly immersed into his character and made it feel as if Choi Joon Woong from the webtoon had jumped out into reality from the first filming. He works seriously in every moment, and he awes with his passionate acting that brings his character to life.” They added, “Please anticipate Rowoon’s performance as he creates a new character of a lifetime through Choi Joon Woong.”

“Tomorrow” will premiere in March 2022 following the conclusion of “Tracer.”

source

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
32 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wahhhhhh 

I am waiting for this. Thankfully this is on NF unlike Tracer. 

I am totally excited now :lmao2:

Mid-March!!! It'll be here in no time and the best thing is it airs Fri - Sat so I could totally stay up to watch it and not have to wait 12 hours later! :wow2:

Oooh~ there's English subbed preview

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hahaha I keep seeing @mademoiselle's twitter updates on this and I'm gonna watch it...I think. I make no promises as I haven't been so good with Kdramas recently. But this one looks fun and Rowoon's reactions are making me laugh :heiboi:

Whoaaa just watched the trailer and this might be the first Kdrama I'm actually looking forward to this year from all the stuff that has come out :wow2:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha this one right? I'm still laughing after repeating it @JenL

Hahaha, yes, yes. This one! I think it's also the way that grim reaper is so nonchalant about his death while he's freaking out :laugh:

Please tag me when this comes out...even if I've been very bad at watching things lately :nervous: Just been feeling quite burnt out...not just in Kdramas, but feeling bored about everything. Hopefully this series will be something fun to invest in. 

• Like 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@abs-oluteM Forgot to say, Lee Soo Hyuk always play the cool cool kind of character. I shall not complain coz he looks good in suit and I don't mind the hair style too.

I'm actually not so sure of the bargain Rowoon's character got from working for Hell. He will be in coma for 3 years and not walking on one foot for 2 weeks the muscles become stiff and all functions deteriorate - imaging all the rehabs he had to do (realistically of course) to get his body back to normal again and the $$$ to do it!

3 hours ago, JenL said:

I think it's also the way that grim reaper is so nonchalant about his death while he's freaking out

Hahahaha it's because he's not dead :lmao2:

I just love his 3 stages reactions about "death"

Am I dead?

Am I going to die?

Are you killing me by calling my names 3 times?

:lmao2:

This boy watch too much Goblin (I think...)

• Haha 2

New teaser.

I wished there were really people like them going around saving those who wants to commit suicide. Outside of just saving, I hope the drama also focus on what they can do to heal themselves and stop having those thoughts. 

• Like 2