Reflections of 2021

stroppyse

3 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I'm more tempted by Law School :laugh: I'm not sure why I didn't watch it when it was live since Kim Bum was one of my early Oppas (along with Gong Yoo and Jung Yong Hwa) but probably was something taking up my time in real life and I had to prioritise. It's going on my future catch up list though. :MewHi:

Why do I feel like some of you (you, @Tofu) should also share a list of your "To-watch list" too? They seem to be just as long as your watched list :pandaheadstomp: Or is this just a polite way of declining a drama sale? :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The Justice (unlikeable female lead ruins the whole experience)

I commend you on your bravery to even start this drama. 👏👏 I never watched it because I heard so many bad things about the female lead. I have no idea how they justified her behaviors at the end but from the things I heard, she's easily one of the most unlikable female leads this year....maybe ever too. :laugh:

@mademoiselle Hahaha! My "to-watch" list is actually quite small. Or at least, I don't remember much of what I said I would watch. :psweatduck: I think right now, it's just She Would Never Know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Given that this thread was created in November, and it turns out that there are more dramas to watch till the actual end of the year. I've been updating my list on the first page, but it doesn't change the date stamp, so not sure people were aware that I'm still updating that list and adding more comments.

Anyway, the drama that I've watched since the first version of that list that stays with me has been 'Happiness'. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I ended up liking it. I like it so much I'm going to do a re-watch of all 12 episodes as soon as I have 12 hours to burn. :lmao2: Seriously, though, it's actually a satisfying watch with most of the gore in the early episodes rather than then end. It's anchored by a very winsome OTP couple, a first love crush which turns into true love on both sides, albeit within a zombie epidemic. Despite it being about a zombie infection, it's more about human interaction and values, and how they are tested in moments of stress. So I highly recommend it.

Also on the list, even though it hasn't finished yet, is an idol drama called 'Let Me Be Your Knight'. Aside from finding it hard to believe that I'm actually enjoying an idol drama, it's actually an interesting study of growing up when one hasn't had a chance to really grow up, in this case, due to the limitations of fame. It is a bit of a pastiche in terms of dealing with so many issues facing youth, plus the basic premise of a fake psychotherapist has me giving it the sideeye sometimes, but it is really enjoyable.

Perhaps it's the power of good acting? Jun aka Lee Jun Young has a lot of charisma as an actor as well as being able to deliver on emotional beats whether happy or sad. Jung In Sun is just a very good actress who also has excellent comedic timing.

Anyway, now I'm curious about the dramas that are still to come since I've found 2 this late in the year that I'm so happy to watch.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yaaay, I'm here to submit my drama report for 2021...:yayaya:

K-dramas (putting in spoilers because it's too long? haha... Listing is in no particular order)

Spoiler

Love it!

- Bossam: Steal The Fate

- Dali and Gamjatang

- Navillera

- Yumi’s Cells

- Beyond Evil

- Hospital Playlist 2

- Racket Boys

- Youth of May

- Move to Heaven

- Law School

- Vincenzo

Enjoyed it

- Happiness

- Jirisan

- One Ordinary Day

- The King’s Affection

- Inspector Goo

- Sunbae, Don’t Put On That Lipstick

- Reflection of You

- True Beauty

- Monthly Magazine Home (I was loving this one so much, but the ending bumped it down to only a like)

- One The Woman

- My Name

- The Devil Judge

- Deluxe Taxi

- Superior Shaman Ga Doo Sim

- The Witch’s Diner

- Be My Dream Family

- Police University

- Voice 4

- Mine

- Daebak Real Estate

- Mr. Queen

So-so...

- You Are My Spring

- Hong Cheon Gi

- Hometown ChaChaCha

- Moebius: The Veil

Ploughed through

- Mouse

- Love (feat. Marriage & Divorce) Season 1 & 2

- Doom At Your Service

- Sisyphus: The Myth

- The Veil

Started but had put on hold for some reasons

- Undercover

- River Where the Moon Rises

Dropped and never going back

- My Roommate is a Gumiho

- LUCA

- Awaken

- Dark Hole

Still watching

- A Gentleman and A Young Lady ~ ep.26/50

- Our Beloved Summer ~ ep.6/16 (loving it a lot so far) 

- The Red Sleeve Cuff ~ ep.12/16 (loving it a lot so far) 

- Uncle ~ ep.4/16 

- Let Me Be Your Knight ep.4/12

C-dramas

- You’re My Glory (the first drama I ever spend real money to buy a merch, haha) 

- Rattan (love it! because of the OTP)

- My Bargain Queen (on hold for indefinite time, lol)

- Secrets in the Lattice (on hold for indefinite time, lol)

J-dramas

- Kon In Todoke

- Kono Koi Atatamemasuka

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Uncle // Gentleman&Lady // One&Only // Bad&Crazy // Coz'of Love // Lion's Secret