Mr. Bad 我的反派男友 [2022]

Tofu

@NiteWalker Are you watching this? This is your favorite type of drama -- male lead calling in love with female lead first and doing the chasing. Hahaha!!

@IpohBanana I watched a bit of that one and his screen froze a lot. Haha! I wished they would have changed his hairstyle up just a little bit because his looks reminds me of Siyue. 

@Alice Wonderland That's the point everyone stops watching -- when the leads get together. LOL!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

@NiteWalker Are you watching this? This is your favorite type of drama -- male lead calling in love with female lead first and doing the chasing. Hahaha!!

@IpohBanana I watched a bit of that one and his screen froze a lot. Haha! I wished they would have changed his hairstyle up just a little bit because his looks reminds me of Siyue. 

@Alice Wonderland That's the point everyone stops watching -- when the leads get together. LOL!! 

no i havent start...im trying to grasp what its about?....its about a guy teleported out from a skirt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

no i havent start...im trying to grasp what its about?....its about a guy teleported out from a skirt?

He is the villain in an online novel she wrote. And the reason she wrote it is because she was fangirling over her uni senior who became a successful author, with her as the FL. Netizens criticised her work for not having a villain, so she created a villain that , according to her mother in the drama , is more charming than the ML. Lol

She makes a wish by a fountain and accidentally wishes for an unforgettable love encounter and her wish is granted. The villain she created, appears in her lap, literally. 

My grouse is that the villain isn't villainous. And the storyline is really quite boring, yawn. Well it's funny watching how he tries to

Spoiler

Suppress his feelings for her in one episode when he realises he likes her. But beyond that, there is nothing exciting about the storyline. 

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 10/1/2022 at 9:44 AM, IpohBanana said:

@Alice Wonderland @Tofu @NiteWalker @themarchioness watched first 6 eps... am not particularly excited nor am I particularly put off by anything. ML's acting is ok but FL's feels contrived. And despite the title Mr Bad, he isn't bad, just happened to be a villain in a novel she wrote but frankly whatever he did wasn't that villainous and his behaviour may not have made him prince charming in her world but wasn't that despicable either. 

I just started watching, am mid-way through Ep 5, and I’m feeling the same. Not super drawn in, but not put off by it. Willing to see where things go for now… I’m hoping for more hijinks and antics to bring more excitement to the drama!  I’m also looking forward to the sweet scenes. 

• Like 4

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

On 10/3/2022 at 1:16 PM, themarchioness said:

I just started watching, am mid-way through Ep 5, and I’m feeling the same. Not super drawn in, but not put off by it. Willing to see where things go for now… I’m hoping for more hijinks and antics to bring more excitement to the drama!  I’m also looking forward to the sweet scenes. 

lets us know further what you think...cause maybe im not in the mood for rom-com which is why i didnt pick it up :) 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

lets us know further what you think...cause maybe im not in the mood for rom-com which is why i didnt pick it up :) 

Um… things got a little more exciting in whatever episode it was that had that scene where he ends up in her lap in a bathroom stall (that’s not really a spoiler to say, is it? It was included in all the trailers for this drama 😅) but now that I’m beyond that episode, it’s back to yaaaaaawn.  Lol. 

And yet, I’m pressing on. I think because I also know this drama is short. If it was longer I’d consider cutting my losses. Since you’re not in a rom-com mood, I’d definitely give it a pass (and instead suggest Being a Hero! 😝)

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

This is a cute and fluffy drama with your standard storyline. I do appreciate that there's no love triangle because I cannot stand that trope. :KittyBan:

It finishes today for those who needs English subs and want to pay for the express pass. 

• Like 3

I finished the drama and hmm...I don't know if I like the ending. Apparently, everything that happened in the drama is part of Nan Xing's novel or a dream. Xiao Wu Di never existed and Nan Xing marries Mao Xiao Jun, her childhood friend/love. Mao Xiao Jun, at the end, is played by Chen Zheyuan. I don't think it was necessary to add this piece in, but maybe they did for the sake of censorship. :idk:

Nevertheless, these two are adorable! When they were reciting their vows it felts so awkward and real at the same time. Haha! 

MB-01.gif

Can't wait to see Chen Zheyuan in costume dramas again!! I love him the most in those and I'm excited that majority of his upcoming dramas will be costume. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

@Tofu I skipped all the middle parts and watched the last episode, I felt uninspired watching the earlier parts and I think the reason it did well on Douban is because of the ML, he must have lots of fangirls. The storyline isn't exciting and as you put it I was wondering why they had to have the ending pan out that way. But I have seen it being done like this before, so it's no big surprise. If they didn't, he might have to return somewhere and she would meet a guy who looks like him and THE END. It's the main issue they have with time or space travelling stories.

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...