Mr. Bad 我的反派男友 [2022]

Tofu

Mr. Bad 我的反派男友

MrBad.jpg

Chinese Title: 我的反派男友 / Wo De Fan Pai Nan You
Director: Li Qing Rong (Previously directed Stop! Miss Hua and Go Go Squid)
Screenwriter: Lu Han
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 24
Broadcasting Network: iQIYI
Airing Date: September 30th, 2022

Synopsis:

The love story between the clever and cunning 'Mr. Villain' Xiao Wu Di and a former athlete, Nan Xing. Nan Xing is a young former athlete who participated in discus throws. Physically, She looks like a boy but inside she is full of feminine personalities. She yearns for idol drama-like love stories and is envious of other people’s love. One day, she stands by the wishing pool and throws a coin, hoping that her Love story will begin but what she summons was the great villain, 'Xiao Wu Di' from the novel she had written. Xiao Wu Di is a smart and cunning villain. He starts threatening and blackmailing Nan Xing and forced Nan Xing to let him live next door to her house. They both started living in the same neighborhood where they were like cats and dogs. Seeing that the long-awaited love story that Nan Xing was looking forward to, drifted away, Nan Xing was desperate. Despite many things that happened, Xiao Wu Di is gradually moved by Nan Xing’s warm spirit and unexpectedly falling in love with her without realizing it. (Credit)

Official Websites:
Baidu | Weibo | Douban

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 6 months later...

This one popped up on my YT recommended feed. I imagine it will be airing soon since there are proper trailers about.

I will definitely be looking at this once it broadcasts. Chen Zheyuan is a favourite. 

Tag me just in case when it starts.

• Party! 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Alice Wonderland @Tofu @NiteWalker @themarchioness watched first 6 eps... am not particularly excited nor am I particularly put off by anything. ML's acting is ok but FL's feels contrived. And despite the title Mr Bad, he isn't bad, just happened to be a villain in a novel she wrote but frankly whatever he did wasn't that villainous and his behaviour may not have made him prince charming in her world but wasn't that despicable either. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@IpohBanana I binged through all the episodes so far. I don't care as much for the second couple so I've skipped a good portion of their scenes. 

Chen Zheyuan and Shen Yue are adorable together. They have good energy but I agreed that some of their expressions seems unnatural. I don't know if that's because the genre is part comedy so some expressions may be intentionally exaggerated? :idk:

I'll still keep watching because I like both lead actors. Chen Zheyuan is getting a lot of love these days and I'm loving it! He's one of favorite young Chinese actor after Wu Lei. I find myself watching dramas just for them because I know they will deliver in the acting department (I know this one for Chen Zheyuan is not one of his best). 

• Like 2

This interview is so awkward because of their short answers but so cute too. They really do have good chemistry and get along well. 

Hopefully, iQIYI releases part two of their interview soon!

This BTS video, Xiao Wu Di is going to help Nan Xing overcome her trauma! 

• Like 2

@TofuChen Zhe Yuan's CPU wasn't working that day when they did the interviews :lmao2:

I've never watched Shen Yue before, first time for me, I find that there is a certain awkardness to her looks, some people look less photogenic on camera and IMO she is one of those (when she smiles, it looks like she is smirking). I still prefer him with Rainbox Xu, they were truly adorable together, in Our Secret, and reminiscent of school going kids. I find his acting less natural than in that drama. I heard that he has done Hello Dear Ancestors, similar time travel trope, so this should not be too difficult for him.

They look far more relaxed here

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
On 10/1/2022 at 8:44 PM, IpohBanana said:

@Alice Wonderland @Tofu @NiteWalker @themarchioness watched first 6 eps... am not particularly excited nor am I particularly put off by anything. ML's acting is ok but FL's feels contrived. And despite the title Mr Bad, he isn't bad, just happened to be a villain in a novel she wrote but frankly whatever he did wasn't that villainous and his behaviour may not have made him prince charming in her world but wasn't that despicable either. 

I'm watching this too. Haha, yea right. He's not that bad as the title said. For now I like it since he's still being not too nice at her. Let's see if they're officially a couple later, will it still get me interested or not. Hopefully it will, it's light and no need to think hars for this. And short series too. 

• Like 2