​ ❄️🌿 ​Wintergarden ❄️🌿​ | Ahn Jeong-won & Jang Gyeo-ul

Jane

10 minutes ago, Jane said:

@abs-oluteM @Tammy_fullofdrama Help! I am still spazzing internally about the parts where they read their lines! Although I wish we could have gotten the parts where Jeong-won interrupted Ik-jun and Gyeo-ul at the courtyard and "she's not my cup of tea"!

Do you have just those cuts? Will be nice to post them here :heart:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Hi @Jane @abs-oluteM! Very very sorry for not around so much in here! I mostly use laptop for lurking in the forum instead of smartphone. *I think I need to check my eye's condition asap! LOL!

The last Thursday was a party for HP stan and WG shipper!!

I think many of us already miss them so much and very excited for the Season 2. Unfortunately, the subtitle is not yet up but the views are already more than 1 millions! :hearties:

And yes, beside the part of "she is not my cup of tea", I was also super curious to see YYS's expression when Gyeoul and Ikjun talked about Jeongwon for the first time in the Hospital Garden. We could hear many people laugh on how whipped Gyeoul with Jeongwon. But then Shin-Lee did not let us to see that. Maybe to keep the excitement and curiosity for winter garden in S2.

And in the script reading, maybe some part was cut off (definitely), but I just noticed that there were 3 potential ship that already published through the scenes that they were reading at that time:

1. Song-hwa & Seok-hyeong (When Seokhyeong confessed that he had confessed and been rejected to Songhwa in the past)

2. Song-hwa & Junwan (How Junwan was very protective to Songhwa regarding her ex-boyfriend cheating secret) --> to be honest, I was their ship too! LOL!

3. Winter Garden (Gyeoul has crush on Jeongwon & a Buddha Jeongwon who acts very differently to Gyeoul regarding her bed manner).

And at the end of S1, we knew the first two was wrong and the latter we knew there are Bidulgi, Iksong and Gomgom :Uwu:

So in fact, Winter Garden story had been built from the beginning of the drama and was consistently developing in each episode (with slow burn romance) and finally be confirmed at the very end of S1!!

How tormented and hopeless we are on doubting WG as Endgame couple for more than 12 weeks. Which is very reasonable due to some of old experiences with Shin-Lee drama and  we never know what would happen in Kdrama! :lol:.  But am I too confident to say this because we still have 2 more season ahead! :cool:

Sorry for the long post. Never have enough words to talk about Winter Garden right?! So please, Season 2 come soon!!!

And I also say thank you so much to @Jane for your fanfic update. I really love it! I am having menstrual cramps almost every month. So that kind of story has special part in my heart. :taebtsbeg:

*Note: actually, I also love many crumbs of Iksong but on specifically view from the script that they were reading, it's still clueless for them becoming potential ship bcs Ikjun was still married and their story revealed at latter episodes.

Edited by Tammy_fullofdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, all. It's been a long time. I hope the forum will get busy again the moment they release the teaser of season 2.

Anyway, I get little anxious lately about Jang Gyeoul's appereance in season 2. She is still on the next season, right? 😥 I know that Gyeoul's doesn't have a big screen time to begin with, but SHB new drama (I'm happy for her too) is like a cue that she still won't have much screen time or worse maybe it's less than the first season? Her new drama romoured to be released on 2nd half of 2021 but it seems the filming will be overlapped.

And in the new HP content for supporting roles, there's no Jang Gyeoul. She is a part of Bong Salon and very significant. I really wonder why she's not taking part. I think it's the obligation for them to participate to HP content so it's impossible if SHB rejects it, no? It's weird that there's no GS representative in there. It really makes me overthinking about her appereance in season 2 😔

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Hello @left_phalange ...welcome to JangHaven. Glad you joined us. 

We are going to be having a WG event this week...so stay tuned! :smile:

I am nervous too after reading your post.  I am happy that SHB is getting the new drama. But it also does mean that her screen time or perhaps even WG screen time may be limited. But then again we survived on crumbs throughout Season 1 ...must really manage my expectations. :pandascared:

let me tag @Jane

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Wintergarden-versary Event! :hearties:

Gyeo Wool (Winter) and Jung Won (Garden) got together on Christmas 2019, so it's the 1 year anniversary of this ship! To celebrate, we're throwing them an Event. Answer any 3 of the following questions questions, and you will get a sweet treat.

1. At which moment did you start shipping this couple?

2. Which moment gave you some hope that this ship will sail? (Aside from the actual confession scene)

3. Was there ever a moment when you felt this ship might not sail?

4. What was the episode that inspired you to start writing or posting about Wintergarden?

5. What is the craziest thing you have ever done for this ship?

6. What was the most absurd idea you ever had if this ship had not gotten together?

7. What do you think will Season 2 focus on with regards to this ship?

For fans of this ship, come celebrate and let's show this couple some love as we wait (impatiently) for Season 2!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 6

helloooo dear WG friends

@Jane @40somethingahjumma @Tammy_fullofdrama @ktcjdrama @SilverMoonTea @Ameera @kiklaminho1 @-StrongTower- @suhodorable @sillyvvn_yo89 @akikisetsu @left_phalange

I am sure there will be more names that I may have missed out. 

...come & post as above , our GFX Desingner @bairama has  a very sweet surprise for you. 

The questions above were from a discussion that @Jane and @Tammy_fullofdrama  and I had on twitter once. 

I will answer some of the questions

- maggot scene- instinctively I felt that this couple had potential of coming together.

4. What was the episode that inspired you to start writing or posting about Wintergarden?

- In our previous community , I started the first WG thread somewhere mid-season. So I probably started talking about it then. Then when we had some technical problems with the thread , I started another one. And we finally opened JangHaven ,this was the 1st thread I knew I wanted to have and I asked Jane to help us captain &  do up the thread.  Which I am thankful she did . Yup - so I think this was the craziest thing I have done. 3 threads for the same ship :GrowDerp:

I was confident the ship would sail , but I wasn't expecting it in Season 1. Did you guys feel the same? I was gonna be happy if we saw them have a casual cup of coffee together . Lol. 

What I want & what I think will probably happen  are two different things. I would love for them to date, marry & have babies. But realistically given the large cast we have , I think we may see scenes of  how both of them will negotiate work & love life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

1. At which moment did you start shipping this couple?

SMT : When they met outside hospital sliding doors. Just briefly hi, but Ahn Jeong Woon looks just telling the whole longing inside his ♥️, to me. 

2. Which moment gave you some hope that this ship will sail? (Aside from the actual confession scene)

SMT : Same answer as no.1. 

3. Was there ever a moment when you felt this ship might not sail?

SMT : Yes. There is a lot of big bang theory with Reply 199x, I felt I was zapped into black holes for a while. The couple seems simple. But the conspiracy theory was bigger than CIA x Alien invasion theory 😂😂😂

SMT : Same answer as no.1 again.

SMT Cropping each episodes pictures to find some crumbs. 

6. What was the most absurd idea you ever had if this ship had not gotten together?

SMT I like the idea of throwing demonstration outside TVN's building 😂 But I won't entertain this further since it's not feasible anyway 🤣

7. What do you think will Season 2 focus on with regards to this ship?

SMT : To be honest, I'm kind of satisfied with WG ending in S1.

Actually if I were the writer, I will torture the watchers and won't give kiss in S1😈 🤣 Then in S2 can explore more of this couple.

Since kiss has been done, I'll leave it to the writer, hope he won't make the Magic of ❄ WinterGarden ❄ to be lost in S2.

I also sincerely hope no makjang story will be created, just for sake to extend this ship.

They also should go with more of Iksong in S2 to make @LaLahappy 🤣 Iksong thread is just next door btw...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

17 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

hey also should go with more of Iksong in S2 to make @LaLahappy 🤣

I am sure @LaLa @SnowBlob @Lynne will be happy. I do think the romance focus is gonna be IkSong in S2. They will go through the same torture we had :MewGiggle:.

I agree ...no makjang type plot. Like I hate those break-up & then reunite again later type of story line . Oh you know thanks to this ship , I know what it means to survive on crumbs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

Oooh, ooh... I'm always up for a treat!

Since I've wax poetic about these two and written screeds... it should be a no-brainer.

Easy peasy... Episode 5. After she took off her hospital crocs and ran after the domestic violence dad. When she came back expecting a compliment or a comment. He said nothing. Yeah. I knew.

Episode 6. When he sent her a text after her anaphylaxis event. He didn't need to. And I sensed that he did show up.

Nope. Never. Not once.

I tell a lie... it was really...

Episode 3 Finding out that Dr Winter was crushing on Dr Garden

Maggot scene and "She's not my cup of tea"/ "She doesn't fit me" were in Episode 2. (At that time I was not yet in OTP gear)

Went into combat mode like a broken record. I felt really embarrassed that I had to school people in the most basic things about narrative.

You mean like send molotov cocktails to PD Shin's office? Is that what you mean?

A reversal of everything that happened in S1. Ahn Jeong-won will be the most attentive boyfriend on Planet Hospital.

They will get engaged and be married by the end of S2. Why? He's 41 and Catholic. Rosa wants. What Rosa wants, Rosa gets.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

❄️🌲 Maggot scene ~ the way he was looking at her told me that this is it. 

❄️🌲 When the cover of OST featured them. When he refused to buy her dinner. 

❄️🌲 Hm, this is a tough one. I was pretty confident it will sail but with this writer, anything could happen. So I didn’t dare to bet on the ship to sail, but am definitely pushing for it to happen.  

4. What was the episode that inspired you to start writing or posting about Wintergarden? 

❄️🌲 I think I wrote about them as soon as I noticed the attraction from Garden. But I got all the more excited when it was shown Winter is crushing hard on him. 

❄️🌲 Feeding on lots of fan-fics because there wasn’t any confirmation until the very last minutes. 

❄️🌲 Someone had kidnapped Lee-Shin, stole the script and rewrote it. 

❄️🌲 Not too sure... I am up for any pleasant surprises but I guess I want to see lots of secret dates, stealing glances and exchanging shy smiles before they got caught red-handed. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I'd like to add to Q.3 and give some explanation as to why I had never any doubts that this ship would sail.

In those early days of the drama, there was plenty of talk about "theories" and "biases". WG was never a theory or a bias. It was something the show did outside of fan expectations. It was built into the first season as a key component of Jeong-won's arc right from the moment he confronted Gyeo-ul about her deficient bedside manners to her confession. Our guy wanted to enter the priesthood and then he changes hospital and this hospital happens to have only one General Surgery resident who happens to be female. The show also consistently gave us scenes between the two of them. Unnecessarily, I might add. Framed them in shots together. Also unnecessary unless it was pointing to something. Give us unnecessary information about Jeong-won's out-of-work socializing habits. Why?

To give us the assurance that this was a romance that they were working on. It wasn't the main thing. But it was a thing.

The only reason I might add as to why people got nervous was because of other theories that were floating around. Those were theories in so far as they were purely speculative and there was no evidence of anything. But here was the writer building something little by little in every episode. Yes, they might be breadcrumbs -- but it was leading to something.

Okay... time to get off my soapbox and take off my combat gear.

On 12/21/2020 at 4:50 AM, left_phalange said:

Hi, all. It's been a long time. I hope the forum will get busy again the moment they release the teaser of season 2.

Anyway, I get little anxious lately about Jang Gyeoul's appereance in season 2. She is still on the next season, right? 😥 I know that Gyeoul's doesn't have a big screen time to begin with, but SHB new drama (I'm happy for her too) is like a cue that she still won't have much screen time or worse maybe it's less than the first season? Her new drama romoured to be released on 2nd half of 2021 but it seems the filming will be overlapped.

And in the new HP content for supporting roles, there's no Jang Gyeoul. She is a part of Bong Salon and very significant. I really wonder why she's not taking part. I think it's the obligation for them to participate to HP content so it's impossible if SHB rejects it, no? It's weird that there's no GS representative in there. It really makes me overthinking about her appereance in season 2 😔

Don't worry dear, she'll be there for the WG wedding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

A reversal of everything that happened in S1. Ahn Jeong-won will be the most attentive boyfriend on Planet Hospital.

They will get engaged and be married by the end of S2. Why? He's 41 and Catholic. Rosa wants. What Rosa wants, Rosa gets.

HAHAHAHHA... THIS!!!!! I can see this happening tbh. 

and for HP, I think the writers want to keep the story as down to earth as possible, that's why the lovelines so far has been presented in a pretty straightforward manner.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hello @abs-oluteMyeah actually I’m just little bitter they don’t include Gyeoul in that content lol and that makes me overthinking. But yes, cumulatively Gyeoul/WG might not has big screen time in season 1 but her number of scenes is not so little too comparing to another supporting role. And is like universe try to answer my worries too, her stylist just posting something said that she can't wait for HP season 2 haha

@40somethingahjummaAMEN I really love confident fellow WG-ers, it's boosting mine too!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
14 minutes ago, left_phalange said:

Hello @abs-oluteMyeah actually I’m just little bitter they don’t include Gyeoul in that content lol and that makes me overthinking. But yes, cumulatively Gyeoul/WG might not has big screen time in season 1 but her number of scenes is not so little too comparing to another supporting role. And is like universe try to answer my worries too, her stylist just posting something said that she can't wait for HP season 2 haha

@40somethingahjummaAMEN I really love confident fellow WG-ers, it's boosting mine too!

Dear dear , answer 3 of the questions that @stroppyseposted above so that we can give you a cute WG medal / badge on your profile . 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Submitting my answers...

1. At which moment did you start shipping this couple?

When they revealed that Gyeoul likes Jeongwon; Gyeoul – Ikjun scene where she asked Jeongwon’s photo. I already like SHB when I lurked the actors & actresses IG in 1st - 2nd episode, so I approved her hehehe.

2. Which moment gave you some hope that this ship will sail? (Aside from the actual confession scene)

Elevator scene, and the chocopie scene strengthens it even more. It's like a cue that the writer were building on something.

3. Was there ever a moment when you felt this ship might not sail?

The drama objectively gave no sign that this ship won’t sail, it’s just my insecurity towards the writer.

4. What was the episode that inspired you to start writing or posting about Wintergarden?

Same answer as No. 1

5. What is the craziest thing you have ever done for this ship?

Send an email to Lotte Commercial Team for making them a cf for monshell cacao pie (YES I DID IT!)

6. What was the most absurd idea you ever had if this ship had not gotten together?

Nothing. K-fans will do more absurd and crazier things lol

7. What do you think will Season 2 focus on with regards to this ship?

Honestly, I want a wedding. Realistically, I want the ship just sail smoothly on the side, no need grand gestures just them be with each other, learn from each other.

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Dear dear , answer 3 of the questions that @stroppyseposted above so that we can give you a cute WG medal / badge on your profile . 

Yes, already done! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Party! 1

I can't believe we are T-2 days to Wintergarden's first kiss anniversary! I like to think that in HP 2020-verse right now, Ahn Jeong-won is preparing for something really big to mark the occasion since he wasn't able to confess first. 

I went all-in in Episode 4 when Jeong-won showed up at the lifts. I distinctly remembered giving the air a fist pump! Number 1, there are no coincidences in a drama. Number 2, whatever he said/showed in his face to Ik-jun at the courtyard, if that was good enough for Ik-jun to continue his matchmaking, it was good enough for me to believe that Jeong-won had some kind of feelings for Gyeo-ul

Chocopie scene! Seriously, did he have to do that? Nope nope and nope!

Not seriously. But I wasn't sure WHEN it would sail from the tiny amount of crumbs that we were getting each week. I admit that I was shaken several times but when you realise how easily those other arguments could be deconstructed, well you don't really care by then.

I believe it was Episode 9. I started watching when the show had already aired 6 episodes and started reading when I caught up to the new episodes. I was also very scared of the main thread and so only discovering the WG club did I start to post.

I started writing Wintergarden fanfics! The last time I wrote anything fictional was more than 10 years ago when I wrote 3 little Harry Potter one-shot fics. But now I have written 7 one-shots since June and I am planning / writing for a few more?! 

I don't think I had any!

I think they will focus on how Jeong-won and Gyeo-ul balance the building of their relationship with their careers, and negotiating the future they are to build together.  They will be the only couple that is able to do that so to miss out this element of the lives of doctors would be pretty remiss on the writers' part. Being a couple that is older than average and at their first relationship, I think it would also be interesting to see how they date! More skinship and kisses juseyo!

I am going to come back to respond to everyone's answers, some of them are so funny or just a way to reminisce on what happened in the thread before!

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 5

On 12/21/2020 at 2:50 AM, left_phalange said:

Hi @left_phalange, welcome! I remember your username from before. Well, hard to forget a name that was made iconic by Phoebe Buffay :MewGiggle:

I do think that SHB will continue to have about the same amount of screen time as before. The character Gyeo-ul and SHB have clearly resonated with the Korean public and I doubt they would reduce her screen time. My take on SHB juggling two dramas is that WG will feature more in the earlier eps to resolve Ep 12. So SHB films more intensely for HP from now till Feb/Mar. WG will then mellow and make way for the other ships, which then makes it possible to film both from Apr onwards. It could be also be that HP is due to finish filming in April so she can start work in May on her new drama, and has to undergo a more intense filming schedule. But this is just me speculating. We don't know how the Covid-19 situation in Korea will also continue to affect filming.

As for her not appearing in Bong Salon, I don't know either. A few possible reasons. She doesn't seem the type to really do such variety appearances? Even her relay cam was markedly less active than the other residents. She had a schedule conflict. The production team wants to hide her to continue stoking WG anticipation. She didn't want to do it / her company didn't want her to do it. We will never know...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hello @Jane hihihi yes, Phoebe is my other fave character.

As long as they don't reduce Gyeoul or WG story development, I'm fine if they got the same amount of screen time as before. I just hope they don't put her aside or turn her like Iksun in season 1 (I'm not really fond of either on how in season 1 they positioned Iksun).

And about the Bong Salon, still, for any reason it doesn't sit well with me why is she not included to engage with the fans, shouldn't it be like an obligation for them to participate? That's why I doubt she could refuse it if she was asked. Writer Lee indeed said in her audition that they wanna keep her hidden, but I'm not sure it still apply after season 1 or not. Probably forever it'll be a mystery why she wasn't there lol.

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

I just got the medal! Ohmygosh @bairama, it's so pretty! Thank you for making it!

@left_phalange I do feel like there is something up with her lack of appearances in general, especially in the special episodes. I was really surprised her maggot scenes wasn't featured at all. I thought that would be a sure thing since it was such a memorable scene for Jang Gyeo-ul and just it's maggots! Surely that would be quite interesting to show they made that scene happen. But I guess we will really never know.

Even though this is a Wintergarden event, I am actually quite curious what our Iksong friends' think! @LaLa @SnowBlob @im0202 Want to try respond to some of these question too? You get such a pretty badge!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Awwww glad you like it @Jane!!! 💞🌿

For some reasons I can't access JH for a while so I'm being MIA😓 believe me I'm not only MoonMoon shipper aka HyunJi. This Wintergarden strucks me hard too in 2020 but I was late to join the party when the drama aired! Watching it by myself to distract me at first and dang Hospital Playlist is so good. Just free fallin' here:zzzz:

1. Moment when Jeongwon has opinion that he doesn't like the way she acted as resident on the early episode~ I think it's interesting to know this budhhist explained character is interested that much?

2. Honestly I have a low hope for pairing thing in this kind of drama but the moment when Jeongwon concerns when she fainted.. YYS delivers it really well. 

3. There ever a moment when I felt this ship will not sail is.. The too toooo legendary confession.  'Can you be my side instead of?' My heart was out from place when she bravely said that! (The way I exhale when he finally reaches her without walls, YOU KNOW..) Mama is winning!!!

4. This is my first post about Wintergarden, I think. And I'm thankful there is a moment again to celebrate❄🌿

5. Craziest thing.. Laughing too much on wrongwingar bluebird account! Hahaha the imagination is so clear😳

6. The most absurd idea.. Is.. I even can't imagine it. Can I stay away cause it just too heartbreaking.. Will have a hard time to make it sense🥶

7. Wish for heartwarming secretly dating and get steady step by step to tie the knot of the couple. Not a focused one, but when the scene come, it just steal our heart! Wintergarden 2021!!1!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o