Let Me Be Your Knight 너의 밤이 되어줄게 [2021-22]

stroppyse

So, I'm pretty sure that Tae In went into music because of his mother though we haven't seen her and TI hasn't talked about her. I feel that she's probably passed away already.

I wonder if TI was having a fight with his father in his sleepwalking? Though, I didn't think so because of the choking. However, I can't think of anyone else who would make TI that upset.

Btw, Jung In Sun definitely has the best kicked puppy face! When TI yells at her suddenly to get away from her when she wanted to take care of his bleeding finger, her face was just so startled and sad!

Ugh. Why is this drama only 1 episode a week?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, I'm pretty sure that Tae In went into music because of his mother though we haven't seen her and TI hasn't talked about her. I feel that she's probably passed away already.

Yes, that is a possibility and it seems his father raised him alone.

Latest subbed film making

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Why is this drama only 1 episode a week?

I'm sad about this to the point where I'm watching Jun in Imitation. :laugh: I'm already on episode 6 and also realized that besides Avengers Social Club, I've watched all his dramas (not the cameo ones though).

Going back to Knight, I think his mom was the one who told him she liked when he was doing music. I can't see his dad be the person to say that considering how awful he is. Hopefully, we'll learn more this week!

@abs-oluteM It's region restricted so stroppyse and I can't watch the video you posted. :letalQQ:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm already on episode 6 and also realized that besides Avengers Social Club, I've watched all his dramas (not the cameo ones though).

You haven't watched Avengers Social Club???? But, but, but it's so good! That's the drama where I really took notice of Jun. Plus, even though he was playing stepson to Lee Yo Won's character, they had so much chemistry that in any other drama, it would be tempting to ship them together!

You should definitely put Avengers Social Club on your list. Even when Jun isn't on screen, it's a good watch.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Tofu said:

m sad about this to the point where I'm watching Jun in Imitation. :laugh: I'm already on episode 6 and also realized that besides Avengers Social Club, I've watched all his dramas (not the cameo ones though).

I binged till eps 8...bad idea since I now feel so sleepy. LOL! I was going through his filmography, and I see good reviews for his acting on quite a bit of his work. Yes @stroppyse even for Avengers , it was said to be good - one of those underrated shows. I will definitely check that one out. 

They did a pictorial together as Luna ( quite meta if you ask me)

30000726336_1280.jpg

your night

your night

Spoiler

your night

Spoiler

your night

Spoiler

your night

Source: https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010240524&plink=ORI&cooper=NAVER

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I sometimes think it's kind of funny when an idol in an acting role gets to play a different role than his real life role in his real group. For instance, Jun is a rapper and maknae (youngest one) in UKISS, I think. Versus being the leader and the main vocals in Luna.

Anyway, nice pics. Thanks for posting @abs-oluteM!

I may have to check out Imitation now that I'm hearing so much about it. Though, I'm a bit squeamish that it's an idol drama with newbie actors.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I put so many dramas on hold this week because of Jun. He has consumed so much of my life and will continue to do so because I'm going to start ASC tonight. :laugh:

@stroppyse Imitation wasn't that bad. I think Jun's character made up for anything it lacked. I enjoyed it. Definitely worth a watch whenever you have time. =)

BTS for episode 3:

Photos for this week's episode:

PaHNxBo.jpg

DAVuPkG.jpg

Why do these photos look so sad? :letalQQ:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

An article on the boys. :smile:

Lee Jun Young, JR, Yoon Ji Sung, Kim Dong Hyun, And Jang Dong Joo Talk About Playing A Fictional Band, Similarities To Characters, And More

Nov 23, 2021 | by S. Cho

“Let Me Be Your Knight” group LUNA recently teamed up with Singles magazine for an interview!

SBS’s “Let Me Be Your Knight” is a romance drama about a popular idol band named LUNA and a travel guide named In Yoon Joo (Jung In Sun), who pretends to be their doctor and moves into their dorm to treat a sleepwalking member. U-KISS’s Lee Jun Young stars as LUNA’s leader, vocalist, and producer Yoon Tae In; NU’EST’s JR plays bassist Lee Shin; AB6IX’s Kim Dong Hyun plays keyboardist Woo Ga On; Yoon Ji Sung plays drummer Kim Yoo Chan; and Jang Dong Joo plays guitarist Seo Woo Yeon.

Despite being a fictional group, the group has released a music video, a single album, and are now participating in a group photo shoot!

While Lee Joon Young typically enjoys drawing to relieve his stress, these days, he’s gotten into the habit of reading over his script. In order to perfectly portray his character, he practiced his ability to get into character on the spot. He added, “This project was like a test of how focused I could be on my character.”

Although “Let Me Be Your Knight” is Yoon Ji Sung’s drama debut, he has previously showcased his acting talent in musicals. However, he shared that he was still very nervous to watch the drama premiere. Thanks to his co-stars Kim Jong Hyun (JR) and Kim Dong Hyun, whom he appeared with on “Produce 101 Season 2,” Yoon Ji Sung shared that he was able to let go of a lot of his nerves in such an unfamiliar environment. Yoon Ji Sung also revealed, “Since we worked together as one team in the band LUNA, we became so close that we naturally started talking about wanting to go on a trip together after filming. For the first time in awhile, I felt a sense of belonging in a team so it was like I got the green light after my slightly lonely solo promotions.”

He also touched on how different band recordings were from typical album recordings, sharing, “There were a lot of directions where I had to make rough noises and I felt pressure about having to hit a high note while playing the drums.” Despite these concerns, Yoon Ji Sung was able to display his professionalism through his incredible immersion into the role of Kim Yoo Chan.

While Kim Dong Hyun and his character Woo Ga On have opposite personalities, their love for band music is the same. Kim Dong Hyun shared that he’s been in bands since middle school and that he dreamt of becoming a musician that made music like Jang Beom June and Maroon 5. This allowed him to focus more on his role as a member of LUNA and made him extra excited during their music recordings.

While working on his first drama from a public broadcasting station, he shed tears after receiving a surprise coffee truck from AB6IX’s Jeon Woong and was able to work alongside some familiar faces, such as Yoon Ji Sung and Kim Jong Hyun. Kim Dong Hyun commented, “After only promoting within a team, the LUNA members were able to fill the loneliness and emptiness you feel the moment you begin solo activities. Acting brings out an inner side to myself that I haven’t yet encountered.”

“Let Me Be Your Knight” is also the drama debut for JR, but because he’s led his NU’EST members all these years, he is not completely unfamiliar with his role as LUNA’s Lee Shin. He explained, “This is a different team and because it’s an extension of my main job, if anything, I wanted to be even more focused. When my promotions were overlapping, even if I had to lose sleep, I didn’t slack off with monitoring and analyzing the script and I also fiercely practiced the bass. These days, I’m simultaneously practicing for NU’EST’s concert but even while I’m busy, I feel happy that I get to do these things.”

JR continued, “Since ‘Let Me Be Your Knight’ is my first project, it’s that much more precious.” He commented that reading viewers’ comments of support helps him feel his own growth and that he wants to express his gratitude. JR added that because he’s always been the leader of his group, he’s found fun in relying on his older members in LUNA for a change.

Due to his husky voice, Jang Dong Joo revealed that he’s heard from a young age that he could be a rock musician, leading him to cautiously develop a dream for that. Jang Dong Joo expressed his happiness of finally fulfilling that dream through “Let Me Be Your Knight” where he debuts as LUNA’s guitarist Seo Woo Yeon. In order to perfect his portrayal of a guitarist, Jang Dong Joo shared that he practiced lots and referred to clips of Coldplay and CNBLUE to learn about how to interact with an audience. He then joked, “I want to meet our Moonlight [LUNA’s fan club] in a very big concert hall.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1500202wpp/lee-jun-young-jr-yoon-ji-sung-kim-dong-hyun-and-jang-dong-joo-talk-about-playing-a-fictional-band-similarities-to-characters-and-more

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Cam of their performance:

Jun wrote on his Instagram that today is the last day of filming for Knight. After this drama, he will be filming the movie with Shin Hye Sun. 

@stroppyse Jun mentioned in a Q&A on his Instagram that he may be focusing less on idol projects so I hope that means bigger non-idol roles in dramaland!! 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 hours ago, Tofu said:

Jun mentioned in a Q&A on his Instagram that he may be focusing less on idol projects so I hope that means bigger non-idol roles in dramaland!! 

That's good news. I think it's time Jun graduated from idol projects. I guess they're easier, and idol dramas suffer from a lack of good acting as it is, so I can see why they keep wanting to cast Jun, however, I don't think his talent is improved by being typecast, no matter how good a job he does.

Unless, Jun means that he'll be participating less in UKISS projects, so he'll continue to be typecast????

• Like 3

I came across pictures from their press conference and they all looked so cute!

I wanted to highlight this picture of Jun because for once, the male lead is not wearing an ugly oversized jacket. I've seen too many press conference where the male lead is in a jacket too oversized for them. I know that's the trend lately but I don't like it. The actor just looks lost in their jacket when it's that oversized. 

20211127-005619.jpg

Or maybe I just like my oppas to be in a nice tailored suit. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Summary recaps for Eps 4

2021112818315834539_1.jpg

Previously, Yoon Tae-in faced trauma from his childhood while sleepwalking. Yoon Tae-in strangled In Yun-ju while sleepwalking , and while In Yoon-ju struggled to escape, she saw Tae-in crying saying, "I'm not pathetic. Please go away. Please disappear. Don't call me a failure." He fell off In Yoon-joo  who said, "That's right. You're not a failure. It's okay." She stroked Yoon Tae-in's cheek, and Yoon Tae-in shed tears as he fell into In Yun-ju's arms.

However, the next morning, Tae-in was surprised to see Yun-ju lying next to him, forgetting everything. Yoon Tae-in, who was angry at why he was here, suddenly saw a wound on Yun-ju's neck and remembered what had happened last night. Yoon Tae-in speculated that there must be another intention behind In Yun-joo  being so kind to him, and then he got angry and embarrassed In-yun-joo by saying, "What do you want from me?"

In Yoon-ju said, "The order is wrong. If you understand the situation, you should apologize first." In Yoon-joo said, "I know it hurts. And it was just an accident. Don't worry. I'm not that bad of a person to threaten you with this."

Afterwards, In Yoon-ju started to worry about Yoon Tae-in, remembering the abusive words she heard from his father, and Yoon Tae-in went to the department store to buy a scarf to cover In Yun-ju's wounds. Yoon Tae-in even explained to the staff that In Yun-ju was objectively pretty, and bought a scarf. However Seo Woo-yeon (Jang Dong-ju) who realised the wound and did something first. When Yoon Tae-in saw Seo Woo-yeon giving In Yun-ju a scarf, she turned away.

i2021112818315834539_2.jpg

Yoon Tae-in started arranging the Green Concert to be held shortly thereafter. However, Yoon Tae-in's condition was not normal. The inspiration and melody that he was always thinking about had not come to mind at all ( he was not inspired) .  Yoon-Joo In said  in the past it was his song that comforted during a hard time. Then Yoon Tae-in, who was  sleepwalking, sang a song like a warm blanket while she was having a difficult day. This was at the playground. In the present,  Yoon Tae-in gave In Yun-ju a solo concert in the middle of the night.

Afterwards, Yoon Tae-in headed for the car saying that he would close his eyes for a while at the Green Concert. In Yoon-ju was worried that Yoon Tae-in might suffer from sleepwalking, so they headed to the car together, but while they were going to the bathroom, Yoon Tae-in disappeared. To make matters worse, while she searched for him searched  there was a sudden onset of heavy rain, and they got lost in the mountains and was isolated.

Yoon Tae-in and In Yun-ju  entered an empty house in the forest they found by chance, lit a bonfire and warmed themselves by relying on each other's body temperature. Yoon Tae-in was jealous of Seo Woo-yeon's scarf ( cute jealousy scene alert!) . They built a deep bond with each other, empathizing with each other while  feeling helpless.

In Yoon-ju, worried about sleepwalking, tied the wrists of the two with scarves, but the next morning, Yoon Tae-in was not there. Yoon Tae-in surprised In Yun-ju by calling her real name, "Miss In Yun-ju."

On the other hand, Lee Shin (Kim Jong-hyun) and Chae Ji-yeon (Ha Young)'s  rumours  spread. Lee Shin tried to ignore this and sent a text message to Chae Ji-yeon repeatedly saying that he wanted to meet her, but Chae Ji-yeon ignored them all. Chae Ji-yeon still ignored Lee Shin even at the Green Concert, and Hyo-bin (Park Ji-won) went to Chae Ji-yeon separately and said, "It's perfect that someone who got married and divorced is in love with a man who is much younger, and also with the best man in our country. Isn't it this a lack of conscience?" she attacked and provoked anger.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yoon Tae-in gave In Yun-ju a solo concert in the middle of the night.

I really wish they would have trusted Jun enough to use an a capella version of his song rather than a clearly different produced version. I think it would have felt much more intimate and sweeter if he had. I think Jun has a good voice and as an experienced musician, I think he could have handled the a capella. Oh well. One of my few criticisms of this drama.

Wonder who gave out info on the secret romance between Lee Shin and the PD? I guess they'll explore the question of dating as an idol with his story line.

Also, felt bad for Woo Yeon. Every time I see his face when he sees YJ and TI together, it's so sad.

I guess I don't feel bad for TI when he sees YJ and WY together since I'm expecting them to be the end game. LOL

Will have to finish watching before I write any more comments about it.

• Haha 3

@stroppyse Jun's voice is really good (definitely has come a long way) and I think an acapella version would have been nice to have too.

I agreed with YJ when she said the song sounded like you're wrapped in a blanket. I can feel that and liked that they showed each members' struggles as he was singing too. My one critique with this scene was that the voiceover of the song and Jun's mouth movement was off towards the end by a little bit. :psweatduck:

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Wonder who gave out info on the secret romance between Lee Shin and the PD? I guess they'll explore the question of dating as an idol with his story line.

Same here, because he never said anything to his bandmates about his relationship. I did not like the conversation between the two women, where the female idol was shaming the her for being a divorcee. There are so many reasons why people get a divorce. Her ex-husband could have been someone who is abusive! There's nothing shameful about trying to make a relationship work and finding out later that it doesn't. 

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Also, felt bad for Woo Yeon. Every time I see his face when he sees YJ and TI together, it's so sad.

HAHAHAHA!! There wasn't too much of WY in this week's episode, but yeah, I do feel a little bad for him. He'll get more scenes with YJ next week though, there were a couple clips of them together in the preview. :smile:

I'm curious to know why GO is so nervous around that idol. So far, the idol looks harmless but maybe the story there is not so harmless. 

@abs-oluteM One thing I liked in Imitation was that the Shax members are a lot closer to each other than the Luna members. It's not that they do not care for each other, but they seem more like colleagues than friends especially since TI told GO that he has never heard him talk that much before during their judo session. I wished they were a bit closer to each other so they wouldn't have to feel so alone. :cry:

Will be back tomorrow to give more comments on the interactions between YJ and TI. I loved all of their scenes together in this week's episodes. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu I agree that Shax members were way closer compared to the Luna folks. I was also so surprised about how little everyone knew about each other.

Do you guys noticed a marked change in Tae In's reactions or rather he seems a little less scary . At least a bit more approachable. I feel that she's just got this nurturing maternal quality to her that makes him less guarded? I also like that she puts him in his place when needed. I like how he's drawn to her now. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I did not like the conversation between the two women, where the female idol was shaming the her for being a divorcee.

I didn't either. I felt like slapping that female idol. Plus, I hate it when people are possessive over other people, especially without their agreement, whether the perpetrator is a man or a woman. Who knows why she feels so entitled anyway. She just comes across as a really rude and mean saesang.

Agreed on various reasons for a divorce. I always feel it's between the couple. They probably married for love, but then separated for whatever reason that they couldn't make their marriage work.

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm curious to know why GO is so nervous around that idol. So far, the idol looks harmless but maybe the story there is not so harmless. 

I was hoping to see more of the reason why GO is so nervous around that trainee as well. Maybe it's a school bullying situation where the other kid doesn't realize how much of a bully he had been?

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Do you guys noticed a marked change in Tae In's reactions or rather he seems a little less scary .

Definitely. I think YJ is affecting TI in a positive way. She's empathetic, doesn't dismiss his concerns, and is consistent about having his back and wanting to protect him. I don't think that TI has had that kind of consistency in his life until now. Rather, he's been scolded and managed mostly while having to carry a huge burden and without being able to show any emotions that might negatively impact the group. I can't even imagine how hard that must be for him.

I can totally understand why TI is attracted to YJ. I'm not sure as yet why YJ might be attracted to TI though, so I hope that they can sell that to me a bit more in the upcoming episodes. I mean, I know that TI is young, attractive, and talented, but I'm not sure that would be enough for YJ. So far, she clearly feels bad for TI and worries about him, but that is not the same as romantic interest.

As for episode 4, it was oddly unsatisfying for me. Probably because it didn't really seem to go anywhere. So, Lee Shin is left hanging by his girlfriend who won't even pick up his calls. Ga On is so unnerved by the texts that he's getting and seeing the trainee idol who seems friendly enough that he can't actually play his instrument or sing, but they haven't actually shown us any hints of what that's about.

TI and YJ are making some progress in the sense that TI is jealous and is clearly warming up to YJ, but we kind of knew that had started to happen, so the episode didn't feel as if it made that much progress. Then again, progress or not, any scene with the two of them in it is automatically cute and interesting. :duckhearts:

However, I have high hopes for episode 5, since TI address YJ by her real name rather than her sister's name. So, I wonder how he found out and what kind of agreement they will come to so that she can still pretend to be his psychologist.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for episode 4, it was oddly unsatisfying for me

I can understand this. I think a portion of it was spent on promoting their new song which came out today. Would love them to release more songs but maybe see it less in the drama. They can have a small jam session in the drama and upload the full performance on YT (which they are also actively promoting through). 

Be back to comment more because I still have work until late today. Why did my boss have to schedule a meeting so late in the evening?! :GengarPout:

By the way, I finished ASC so besides this drama, I have no more other Jun contents to watch!! :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Awww. So, have you watched ALL of Jun's work now? I still have to get psyched up to start Imitation.

I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed by this question. :lmao2: I've watched all the dramas where he played a main character or a supporting character. I have not watched the dramas where he was just cameoing, though, I have seen clips of his cameos so...I guess you can say I've seen those too? I have nothing else left of his to watch besides some of his variety show appearances. It's time like these when I question why PSJ is my no. 1. I think I will officially declare PSJ as no longer my no. 1. :laugh:

Please watch Imitation whenever you have time! @abs-oluteM and I were able to convinced @SilverMoonTea to watch it and she enjoyed it too! Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2