On 6/17/2022 at 6:56 AM, mademoiselle said:

She Would Never Know is coming... LOL

If you can see this >> https://www.netflix.com/title/81394495 << means it'll be available soon

I do! I can see that! I checked the box for Netflix to remind me when it's available. Between this and Sweet Home, I guess I should probably want one of your repeated recommended dramas. I've been avoiding them for too long. :lmao2:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

What is it about Seo In Guk pulling a scam that feels so right for some reason? Or maybe it's just a faint memory of Squad 38 and King of High School Savvy?

Anyway, I hope this drama is good. It feels as if it should be good?

I'm also excited to see Kwak Si Yang back on the screen.

That's a sweet poster. Thanks for sharing @twink_twink_!

*waving hands* hai @stroppyse .. :duckhearts: you're welcome. me too. the artistry found in this drama stands in stark contrast. the cast members seem to accept what's happening to them and that they need some healing so Seo In Guk follows this process to its end and again, he conveys an understanding about what 'end' means in these scenes. 😁

• Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

1 hour ago, twink_twink_ said:

the artistry found in this drama stands in stark contrast. the cast members seem to accept what's happening to them and that they need some healing so Seo In Guk follows this process to its end and again, he conveys an understanding about what 'end' means in these scenes. 😁

Hi hi!

Seo In Guk as a shaman is going to be very funny. Plus, he always turns in such committed performances in his roles. I'm really looking forward to this now.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hi hi!

Seo In Guk as a shaman is going to be very funny. Plus, he always turns in such committed performances in his roles. I'm really looking forward to this now.

@stroppyse chingu, that's true. :Party01: 

and we'll be looking forward to seeing him. 😁

• Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Thanks for all the updates, @twink_twink_:SquirtleSquadCool:

22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

What is it about Seo In Guk pulling a scam that feels so right for some reason? Or maybe it's just a faint memory of Squad 38 and King of High School Savvy?

I know, right?! I love it whenever he plays a cheeky character. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Party! 1
37 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Thanks for all the updates, @twink_twink_

I know, right?! I love it whenever he plays a cheeky character. LOL!

hai @Tofu .. , you're welcome. chingu, :true:

this year, he will step into the shoes of shaman disguises himself as a fortune teller. :smile:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Those character posters, hahahaha!! 

@stroppyse Same. I'm not a huge fan of the female lead too. 

@twink_twink_ Yay! I can't want to see the full video of that Netflix intervew. 

*waving hands* hai @Tofu .., me too. :love:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Seo In Guk | Oh Yeon Seo | KBS Café Minamdang archives | stills.

FWPv2-VXUAAAr2-v.jpg

FWPv2-VVUEAADv-Ak.jpg

source:

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/MyloveKBS/status/1541339255821152256?s=20&t=DyuRzbWQ_wHf4vmVNIt3dQ

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

Cafe Minamdang Episode 1 Recap and Review: Shaman Magic.

Archi Sengupta

June 28, 2022

Cafe Minamdang (미남당) is a mystery-drama-comedy TV series directed by Ko Jae-hyun and written by Park Hye-jin, the series is based on the book Minamdang: Sagun Soochub written by Jung Jae-han. Cafe Minamdang episode 1 has a runtime of 69 minutes.

The series, created by Park Hye-jin, Ko Jae-hyun and Yun Ra-young, takes over KBS2’s Monday-Tuesday 9.30 PM KST slot previously occupied by Bloody Heart. The series stars Seo In-guk, Oh Yeon-seo, Kwak Si-yang, Kang Mi-na, Kwon Soo-hyun and Baek Seo-hoo, alongside other cast members.

Cafe Minamdang episode 1 starts in a stylish and alluring way – a car drives into a hotel and out comes the very attractive Nam Han-jun who looks like he’s someone important. He goes into the CEO Room – he’s overviewing an interview process in the hotel and uncannily points out things that no one should know about.

After several failed attempts to get a new manager, Han-jun is intrigued by a foreign candidate and starts to exorcise a vengeful spirit. I think people would’ve thrown him out had it not been for that cool suit. Anyway, things take a turn for the worse when he asks for one of the higher-ranking employees to be thrown out – it’s because of him that they are not getting managers.

cafe-minamdang-episode-1-1-1068x455.jpg

The next sequence, however, will tell you why people are so into Han-jun – he’s enigmatic, suave and extremely good looking and he dresses immaculately to fit that bill. It’s a celebration watching Han-jun, even when he gets ready for the day!

As Cafe Minamdang opens its doors for the day, a gaggle of women rush inside but only Kwon Gi-jun gets to go meet the famed shaman – he’s already made an appointment and wants to catch his affair partner who ran off with his money. However, before he can get a word in, Han-jun tells him why he’s here, something that he got to know thanks to his and his hacker sister Hye-jun’s exceptional skills.

It’s hilarious watching him be all high and mighty when it’s just his and his colleagues’ genius and research skills. After some exceptionally funny and entirely useless shaman action, he gives him a talisman and asks him to stay out of trouble – otherwise he will die in a ditch. In the end, he tells him where to find his money – it’s business as usual.

We next meet Han Jae-hui who faces sexism the moment she comes to her new office and then immediately is left behind by her superiors who run off to catch MK Nobel Hotel’s Ko Ju-won who is fleeing to China. Obviously, the bumbling fools aren’t able to catch up to him and Jae-hui comes out of nowhere to catch him in her leather jacket and open hair.

'do tap source to check the content.'

https://www.leisurebyte.com/cafe-minamdang-episode-1-recap-and-review/

• Like 4

Seo In Guk plays his character Nam Han Jun with a lot of confidence and verve. It's easy to see why people might willingly fall for his shaman act, especially when it helps them get what they want/need. We have not seen all the layers of his character as yet, and I'm curious about his back story now. How did he go from being a cop to going to jail to becoming a "shaman"?

I have to admit that I wasn't that taken with episode 1. There was a lot going on, and some of it was entertaining, but I was struggling to not let my attention wander off. However, episode 2 was steadier, and with some more of the background reveals, I've become interested in Nam Han Jun's story.

So far, I'm not as taken with Oh Yeon So's character as Han Hae Jee, and I'm not sure if it's the acting or the way the drama is presenting her, though having scene Oh Yeon So's other work, I'm inclined to think that the production just hasn't settled in to determine exactly how they want to present Han Hae Jee. The flashbacks with the younger Han Hae Jee and the police officer Nam Han Jun were both fun and emotional.

I don't have an opinion on the rest of the cast as yet, though they seem like a really solid cast.

Anyway, looking forward to the next 2 episodes.

• Awesome 1