I've been really bad at updating this thread. Thanks @twink_twink_ for always updating and sharing news!!

A few of the cast members were on Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook

Their rehearsal. 

Spoiler

SIG's and OYS's interview for Cosmopolitan.

Would You Rather?

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
18 hours ago, Tofu said:

I've been really bad at updating this thread. Thanks @twink_twink_ for always updating and sharing news!!

A few of the cast members were on Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook

Their rehearsal. 

SIG's and OYS's interview for Cosmopolitan.

Would You Rather?

tumblr-71240ceca054723cbeac79009198b9c3-

waving hands @Tofu . chingu, you're welcome. :smile:

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-ebe0bbdcfd05efa0f60762947839c2e7-

Cafe Minamdang episode 7 depicts how Nam Han Joon and Lieutenant Han Jae Hee are eager to capture the Gopuri who was behind the murder case of four people. after an intense fight against the mysterious person at the hospital, Nam Han Joon and Lieutenant Han Jae Hee fail to arrest the suspect too. as the police and Han Joon's group got busy chasing the suspect, Choi Yeong Seop confessed before he died. he tells the fake shaman that he didn't kill anybody and will also be using someone like him to continue his activities. unfortunately, Choi Yeong Seop couldn't reveal the real culprit, leaving the group with no clues regarding the suspect. through this, they used every piece of evidence to track the real culprit starting with the suspects DNA. in the latter part of "Cafe Minamdang" episode 7, Nam Han Joon did his things and pulled his shaman act.

source:

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 7/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, Tofu said:

Song Jae Rim!! :GengarAww:

I haven't seen him in forever! I'm happy they decided to show us what happened three years ago instead of just giving hints here and there. 

Is anyone still watching? 

I'm still watching, though I haven't had a chance to write much on this thread.

I loved Song Jae Rim's cameo as the murdered brother! I haven't seen him forever.

I am getting a tad annoyed with Jae Hee though. For being a tough chick, she can be a bit preachy and a bit whiny and a bit naive.

Still uncertain what's up with the prosecutor. Is he a good guy or actually a bad guy?

• Clapping Hands 2

@stroppyse I have no idea how she became a team leader when her deductive reasoning skills are nonexistent. She also can't even shoot a taser accurately, how is she a police officer who can use a gun? It blows my mind that this is the person in charge of a police team who is supposed to apprehend criminals and find evidences to solve cases. :pandacop:

Anyway, I am glad the storyline continues to move along and they are one step closer to identifying the killer. It seems like the episodes next week will introduce us to the person responsible for ordering all the kills. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Still uncertain what's up with the prosecutor. Is he a good guy or actually a bad guy?

I can't tell what his MO is either. I think he can go either way especially considering he is related to Joyce Entertainment's president. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I have no idea how she became a team leader when her deductive reasoning skills are nonexistent. She also can't even shoot a taser accurately, how is she a police officer who can use a gun? It blows my mind that this is the person in charge of a police team who is supposed to apprehend criminals and find evidences to solve cases.

Well said! For an ace detective, she just blunders around. i think her character has been the most disappointing so far.

And actually, it's occurred to me that Oh Yeon So may be part of the problem. She's pretty and all, but I'm not sure she actually has a handle on the character. Despite being able to fight her way out of everything and having superior reasoning skills, she's kind of playing it as a maiden in distress who can't distinguish friend or foe, and is too blinded by her own prejudices to be able to think logically about much at all.

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't tell what his MO is either. I think he can go either way especially considering he is related to Joyce Entertainment's president. 

Yes, that relationship to Joyce Entertainment could mean that he's vehemently disgusted by the practices, or that he's covering up for his family. I think the actor is doing a good job with this role and keeping him an enigma.

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 7/20/2022 at 10:26 PM, stroppyse said:

i think her character has been the most disappointing so far.

Yeah, I would have to agreed with this too. Out of all the characters, I think hers is the hardest to like too. She resorts to violence for everything, which I understand is supposed to be part of her character but it's kind of unnecessary at times. 

By the way, the Goblin reference had me dying of laughter. Hahaha! I never get tired of seeing these. :lmao2:

I do have to say, Seo In Guk is perfect for Nam Han Joon. I don't think I can picture any other actor wearing all those "stylish" clothes while making those types of expressions. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

cafe-minamdang.gif

Cha Tae Hyeon and Eum Moon Seok, they made special appearances on Café Minamdang. a preview of the scene stellar activity.

MK Sports Reporter Jin Ju Jin.

0000884330-001-20220726203401588.jpg

'click'

source:

http://m.mksports.co.kr/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

tumblr-cde10e6720a64cfaa9969a4ff344c8e9-

Reporter Park Pan Seok.

download.jpg

'Cafe Minamdang' revealed a very special behind-the-scenes of Seo In Guk, Oh Yeon Seo, and Kwak Si Yang at the scene. 

The KBS2 Monday - Tuesday drama Cafe Minamdang (directed by Ko Jae Hyeon & Yoon Ra Young, script written Park Hye Jin, production People Story Company AD406, Monster Union), which entered the second half of the full-fledged second half, the series of mysterious events and characters were surrounding with serial killer's confession. It is heating up the small screen every week with an exciting development that adds a sense of immersion as it goes on. 

In the midst of this, the 'Beautiful' side reviewed the famous scenes by releasing unpublished still cuts. 

In the released stills, Han Jae Hee (Oh Yeon Seo) and Nam Han Jun (Seo In Guk) 'handcuff cooperation' scene is contained. Han Jae Hee's 'instinct', who slowly narrows the distance while looking into Nam Han Jun serious eyes, who found out about her identity.

'tap.'

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/entertainment

• Like 5

MK Sports Kim Na Young.

'The Handsome Man' Nam Han Joon vs Cha Do Won, nervous battle between Han Jae Hee [MK TV cut]

download.jpg

The Handsome Man Photo = People Story Company

In the midst of this, the photo released on the 31st shows the handsome men, Han Jae Hee, and cartel members gathered in one place. Nam Han Joon and Gong Soo Cheol (Kwak Si Yang) disguised as waiters are looking at their surroundings with sharp eyes. At the end of that gaze, it was expected that Lee Myung Jun (Park Dong Bin) and Joyce Entertainment director Park Jin Sang (Baek Seung Ik) will be able to find a clue to the infiltration investigation.

'click on the link'

source:

http://m.mksports.co.kr/entertainment/view/2022/673151/

----------------‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

hello all. I was also thinking of the prosecutor. I remembered in Tell Me What You Saw (2020) k-drama, the psycho was also the one closest to the MC and seemingly unsuspicious. no doubt about it. 'may the law bless you.' that has to be most iconic line ever, absolutely love all the cast and their nicknames. Seo In Guk, he can pull of quirky roles naturally. I feel cocky shaman Nam Han Joon stood silently outside, waiting for the drama to continue unfolding. 'let's continue, shall we.' :pandawizard:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

Hi all... I'm all caught up with the episodes. Have to agree with all of you, very disappointed with the way the FL is written. So frustrating watching her in the earlier episodes, when she was so blinded and set her mind that the ML is guilty as charged. And then her character traits are also not consistent. Eg. the latest ep.12 ending scene. For an ace fierce detective, she became a damsel in distress when trapped in a burning camper. I mean, do you think the villain is going to change his mind, be kind and let you out just because you repeatedly ordered him to do so? #rolleyes... Instead of banging on the glass window and panicking, she should just try to quickly find a way out, maybe there's a rooftop opening, or window that can be opened, or even just smash the glass window with something? I am assuming the camper's window is not made of bulletproof material? Urgh!

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

cafe-minamdang.gif

Reporter Cha Hye Young.

p1065622017904367-762-thum.jpg

(Photo = Broadcast Capture)

Seo In Guk of 'The Handsome Man' fell in love with Oh Yeon Seo.

In the KBS 2TV Monday - Tuesday drama 'Cafe Minamdang', which was broadcast on the 2nd, Han Jae Hee (Oh Yeon Seo) rescued Nam Han Joon (Seo In Guk) was drawn.

On this day, Han Jae Hee ran to rescue Nam Han Joon from a crisis, took her sword and kicked the man who threatened Nam Han Joon with a kick. 

Spoiler

download.jpg

'click on the link'

source:

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022080330544

https://m.dailian.co.kr/news/view/1138858/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

tumblr-dafc221b0943eac9c68fdba6b4b48ffa-

Newsen Reporter Park Ah Reum.

202208070821541910-1-20220807082502675.j

(Photo = Provided by People Story Company)

'Handsome Man' Seo In Guk and Oh Yeon Seo in hospital uniforms were caught hugging each other.

Nam Han Joon (Seo In Guk) and Han Jae Hee (Oh Yeon Seo) went straight to each other without hesitation. Previously, Nam Han Joon and Han Jae Hee get closer by spending the night together at the cafe and enjoying a restaurant date because they wanted to figure out the movement of Gu Tae Soo (Won Hyun Joon), a serial murder suspect. However, Goo Tae Soo caught Han Jae Hee who was searching for making the audience scream.

In the midst of this, the appearance of the two reunited in the hospital ward was revealed. Nam Han Joon looks at Han Jae Hee by creating an air of affection for her. He is sitting next to her, as he can't take his eyes off her.

Meanwhile, Nam Han Joon tells Han Jae Hee her sincere heart. When she heard his unexpected confession, she appeared with a blank expression as if she had gone crazy. The next scene where a smiling Nam Han Joon hugs Han Jae Hee affectionately is captured and makes the hearts of the viewers flutter. The production team of 'Cafe Minamdang' said, "In this broadcast, the relationship between Nam Han Joon and Han Jae Hee feelings change for many reasons and is a natural progression of their relationship.

Spoiler

source:

https://m.newsen.com/

• Like 4

By Shin Ji Won, staff reporter for Ten Asia.

download.jpg

'Cafe Minamdang' (Photo = Broadcast Screen Capture)

Nam Han Joon (Seo In Guk) and Han Jae Hee (Oh Yeon Seo) confirmed their feelings for each other.

On this day, Nam Han Joon went to the ossuary of Han Jae Hee's brother Han Jae Jeong (Song Jae Rim) and confirmed his will to protect him. 

Afterwards, the two had a candid conversation at the campsite. Han Jae Hee looked at him falling petals and said, "It's a moment, so it's beautiful, and even if he disappears, the memories of him remain. The memories of him remain in my heart."

Nam Han Joon said, "I missed you a lot too. You must miss Jae Jeong and you will need someone to help you."

'tap on the link'

source:

Spoiler

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022081017594

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Osen Reporter Jang Woo Young.

Cafe Minamdang handsome man  continues an exciting development with events that occur one after another.

download.jpg

In the 15th episode of the KBS2 Monday-Tuesday drama 'Cafe Minamdang' (writer Park Hye Jin, directed by Ko Jae Hyeon & Yoon Ra Young, production People Story Company, AD406, Monster Union) broadcast at 9:50 pm on the 15th, Cha Seung Won (Lee Jae Woon) another incident about the episode will be revealed to the surface, bringing new challenge.

202208120843777451-62f594c39d099-300x.jp

Copyright © OSEN

'tap'

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111919918#_ace

• Like 5

bfc841-a45fe9020c5c404f988ee86729fff0d6-

Osen Reporter Yeon Hwi Seon. 

0004679945-001-20220817155606104.jpg

Actor Seo In Guk is creating an impressive response by completing the charmous character Nam Han Joon that can only be loved.

Seo In Guk is making viewers cry and laugh as he leads the thrill-filled 'satisfied' tracker with his character digestion power raised his immersion to the maximum with his skillful acting fighting spirit that does not spare himself.

In the 13th episode, Nam Han Joon (Seo In Guk) fought fiercely with Goo Tae Soo (Won Hyun Joon).  Meanwhile, he finds Han Jae Hee (Oh Yeon Seo) trapped in her car which Goo Tae Soo set on fire, slammed down her door rescued her through the fire without hesitation.

'click on the link'

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111920941#_ace

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

tumblr-098c9f63ed9419e3f536a85a31e14e8c-

News Reporter Park Ah Reum. 

'Cafe Minamdang' Seo In Guk and Kwak Si Yang faced a crisis situation again.

With only two episodes left until the final episode, KBS 2TV's Monday - Tuesday drama 'Cafe Minamdang' (directed by Ko Jae Hyeon, Yoon Ra Young, script written Park Hye Jin) depicts Handsome Men and the seven powerful team starting their final pursuit for the 'Gopuri'.

Previously, Cha Seung Won (Lee Jae Woon) tutor Jeong Hye Yoon (Woo Jeong Won) asked for money from Cha Do Won (Kwon Soo Hyun) using a CD and a diary containing the circumstances related to the death of 20 years ago. However, Cha Do Won killed her mercilessly with the words “Just like back then, her monk can make her brother as  culprit.”

download.jpg

Photo=Provided by People Story Company.

a link from a source:

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202208210824201910

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

tumblr-226d0b349f653b7a541510ee6b25bc3d-

Reporter Park Seol-I.

Nam Han Joon accelerates the operation to arrest the final villain, Cha Do Won.

On the 22nd, the episode of KBS 2TV Monday - Tuesday drama Cafe Minamdang, Handsome men and 7 powerful team fight to end the sinful destructive behaviour of Cha Do Won (Kwon Soo Hyun), a 'go-purist'.

c0b46064-a9f2-4315-a56f-66bc1fdcd6b1.jpg

960f9258-1658-44c0-bde5-a07c386040b5.jpg

Spoiler

db90b5fd-870e-4623-8694-2237081652dd.jpg

Photo=People Story Company.

a link from a source:

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2113131

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

bfc841-17928af42ee54d719b568dd19f9974f9-

By Lee Gyu Lee.

optimize.jpg

KBS' series "Cafe Minamdang" ended on Tuesday with a 5.7 percent viewership rating. Courtesy of People Story Company

Actor Seo In Guk played the lead character in KBS' comedy crime series "Cafe Minamdang," has expressed gratitude to viewers, saying the drama was a meaningful challenge in his acting career.

The series ended on Tuesday on a good note, scoring its highest viewership rating of 5.7 percent with it's final episode.

"During the eight months that I lived as Nam Han Joon (the lead character) in the series, I've found a new side of myself and had a blissful time. 'Cafe Minamdang' was a new experience and challenge, but I'm truly thankful that many people showed love," the actor said through the network.

"'Cafe Minamdang' will remain as a series that I can always look back on and reminisce about how fun it was. I hope you can keep a part of Han Joon and all the characters in your heart to remember it for a long time."

The 18-part series, based on the web novel of the same name, revolves around a former criminal profiler, Nam, who now pretends to be a shaman. Using his good looks and persuasion skills, he runs a suspicious cafe named Minamdang and provides services to its rich customers while scamming them.

When his path crosses enthusiastic detective Han Jae Hui (Oh Yeon Seo), he joins forces with her, along with people at the cafe ― ex-detective Gong Soo Cheol (Kwak Si Yang) and elite hacker Nam Hye Joon (Kang Mi Na) ― to solve a mystery case and catch a serial killer.

Fa75-G2-Iag-AEefwd.jpg

Photo = KBS2 / Courtesy of People Story Company.

Spoiler

a link from a source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/08/398_335023.html

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Tofu @stroppyse @mademoiselle Did you guys end up finishing this? I finished it yesterday. I really liked the first 2 week's episodes, but then it went downhill...

Episode 5-16

I don't know how I do it this year...I find some of the dramas I watch interesting at the start with so much potential, but also poorly executed, but I've just continued to watch until they end...I must have the patience of a saint! :laugh:. At first I wasn't that annoyed with the female lead's character...but she become really really annoying when she kept getting in the way of the crew and acting as if she knew everything. Like others have said, she often did not show smarts but just went on whatever surface level info she recieved without fully deducting or investigating. She didn't suspect who Gopuri was and he was there the whole time :smile: I also wasn't a fan of the love line - I didn't think it was needed or that there was chemistry between the leads? :thinking:

That entire storyline with Gopuri was wayyyy too easy to figure out as well :idk: I felt like you knew from epsode 1 or 2.(Pretty sure @stroppyse called it from like the first week LOL)  And then it was actually revealed like 5 episodes before the end and it just dragged out because there were no other twists...it became like a step by step process of how to catch him which had a really slow, unexciting pacing :mine:  And this drama has 2 extra episodes which was unnecessary! Another thing I couldn't quite work out and didn't like was the weird age differences. Like Gu Tae Su the killer looked older than everyone else including Gopuri and Auntie Im...but she was meant to be much older than him?? And also Seo In Guk's character was meant to older than the female lead by quite a bit...but they really didn't cast in a believe way for that? :idk:

I did actually really like humour which I know put a lot of people off...but it was a really silly kind of laugh out loud humour that I could get behind - I laughed with all the crazy choatic shaman stuff. But towards the end even that sort of disappeared and that was the only thing keeping me around :psweatduck: All in all, I didn't hate it and there were some moments, especially at the start...but it fizzled out all too soon and that was a shame...glad I finished it though and put it off my list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days