@JenL, nice write up! I did finish watching this drama, and felt pretty much the same way you did. I thought it had a strong start, but the FL was annoying. I'm having to rethink how I feel about Oh Yeon Seo in general since this is now several dramas where I thought her character didn't have the right feel to it, so now I wonder if it's also the way she approaches her characters as well as the writing. Anyway, Gopuri was too easy to figure out. The lovelines also seemed perfunctory, and I mean both Han Joon /Jae Hui as well as the Soo Chul/HJ sister romances. At least the secondary romance had some funny moments. The main romance was not handled well at all.

I did appreciate the humor as well as the moments of parody of various other dramas, but really, it wasn't enough to make an entire drama out of it.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

but really, it wasn't enough to make an entire drama out of it.

Especially not an 18-episode drama. I had a good laugh though, but yeah, the drama is just that, simply for entertaining, laugh-out-loud. It's quite forgettable, not to mention some poor directing and editing.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Oh Yeon Seo in general since this is now several dramas where I thought her character didn't have the right feel to it, so now I wonder if it's also the way she approaches her characters as well as the writing.

I think I know what you mean - I can't remember what trailer I watched with her in it, but I could already tell I wasn't going to like character, which seemed to be a strong feeling to have :idk: Interesting that Seo In Guk, Oh Yeon Seo and the guy who played Gopuri all came from the same agency, Story J Company...I would have thought they'd have more chemistry since they all knew each other better...but it didn't feel like it unfortunately :thinking:

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I did appreciate the humor as well as the moments of parody of various other dramas, but really, it wasn't enough to make an entire drama out of it.

Glad you also enjoyed the humor since I know everyone else here did not after awhile :laugh: But totally agree! It really wasn't enough to hold up an 18 ep drama at all! 

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Especially not an 18-episode drama. I had a good laugh though, but yeah, the drama is just that, simply for entertaining, laugh-out-loud. It's quite forgettable, not to mention some poor directing and editing.

I know, right?! But I agree. It did make me laugh a lot especially in the first 2 weeks and there were some random moments where I was caught off guard and enjoyed it. But yeah, I won't remember the drama by the end of the year :popcorn:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL After becoming obsessed with Love Like the Galaxy, no kdramas could grab my full attention (apart from Lee Jong Suk's Big Mouth), so I decided to drop it.

The culprit is the Prosecutor isn't it?

Hahaha oh, I understand how you feel about nothing grabbing your attention after latching onto one thing (But in my case replace Love like the Galaxy with Extraordinary Attorney Woo Young Woo)...knowing me, I'm probably due for a drama break soon since I don't think there's much catching my eye lately after AoS finishes and I'm just in withdrawal mode about how nothing fulfills the EAW hole left in my heart :letalQQ:

The culprit was definitely the Prosecutor. The pacing at the end got a little sluggish coz they confirmed it like 5 episodes before the end and there was no other twists :idk:

• Like 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days