tumblr-1c1213c09e320c15f58cdbe4bb51334b-

Cafe-Minamdang-poster-559x1024.jpg

Café Minamdang – K-Drama Episode 2 Recap & Review

by Talia Pillay

Old Friends, New Enemies  

Episode 2 of Café Minamdang starts with Jae-hui kicking a shoe off someone’s clothesline and sending it flying at Han-jun’s head, allowing her to flee the sticky situation we left her in.

The next day, her team does a sweep of the intersection where Gyeong-ho’s crash occurred. It’s a CCTV blind spot and he has already erased any evidence.

With no other choice, they comb through footage of all the vehicles that drove toward the intersection until they spot his car. Running the plate number through their database produces his details… They spell disaster. Gyeong-ho has been a murder suspect once before, but his case was ruled as an accident with the help of his wealth and connections. Hearing this, Jae-hui decides that they need to focus on identifying his passenger instead.

Gyeong-ho is at home with his secretary, whingeing about not wanting to dispose of his car, the model being one of the only two that exist in Korea. Han-jun struts in with Gyeong-ho’s wife and claims that the spirit of a bleeding woman is present.

We jump back two hours and watch Han-jun sifting through the reports of Gyeong-ho’s first murder until he figures out that Gyeong-ho killed his victim by choking her with his left hand while he held a vase in his right hand.

In the present, Han-jun relays the murder method to Gyeong-ho with enough specificity – and details that the police never pieced together – that Gyeong-ho starts taking him seriously as a shaman. Han-jun agrees to help Gyeong-ho avoid a charge after making him swear to avoid another incident. His first instruction for Gyeong-ho is to bring him the car and the dashcam footage before the police can get to either.

The Episode Review

Episode 2 levels out the pace and gives us a bit of breathing room now that we’re familiar with most of the major players.

We also got more time with Jae-hui’s team to balance out all the time we spent with the Café Minamdang crew in the first episode. They’re starting to warm to each other and learn each other’s quirks, which in turn allows us to warm to them too.

A connection between Gyeong-ho and the events of the past – those which resulted in a dead brother and Han-jun’s more unhinged line of work – has formed through Cheong-gi. As much as he’s been pulling strings, he’s definitely not the larger puppet master. Choi Yeong-seop is also an unlikely candidate, so who’s looking out for him and why? And where is he now?

Spoiler

tumblr-1fce4c43c0f543347969196890e94783-

'click the link below.'

source:

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/cafeminamdang-s1e2review/

• Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I watched the first episode yesterday because I saw that Seo In-guk and Kwak Si-yang are in it. I had a blast. What a nut house! The humour is almost on par with Vincenzo. Kwak Si-yang is almost unrecognizable from his stint in Alice and Idol: The Coup. Great actor... always doing different things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This drama is so chaotic, haha! I haven't finished episode three yet but so far it's shown that Han Joon is not a true shaman. He was mistaken for one and just never corrected the misunderstanding. 

@mademoiselle I'm not a huge fan of the wet hair look on Oh Yeon Seo. It makes her hair looks greasy, like she hasn't washed her hair in days. LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1

tumblr-539e3062b27597bd611c87578ee0148f-

Cafe Minamdang Episode 3 Recap and Review: Profiler to Shaman

Archi Sengupta

Cafe Minamdang is a mystery-drama-comedy TV series directed by Ko Jae-hyun and written by Park Hye-jin, the series is based on the book Minamdang: Sagun Soochub written by Jung Jae-han. Cafe Minamdang episode 3 has a runtime of 63 minutes.

The series, created by Park Hye-jin, Ko Jae-hyun and Yun Ra-young, takes over KBS2’s Monday-Tuesday 9.30 PM KST slot previously occupied by Bloody Heart. The series stars Seo In-guk, Oh Yeon-seo, Kwak Si-yang, Kang Mi-na, Kwon Soo-hyun and Baek Seo-hoo, alongside other cast members.

Cafe Minamdang episode 3 starts with Jae-hui at the cafe snooping around and eventually getting caught by Han-jun. Meanwhile, Han-jun and the gang try to nab Jung Cheong-gi. As they copy all important data, Gyeong-go’s men take pictures of Cheong-gi taking money from the former’s wife.

cafe-minamdang-episode-3-2-1068x452.jpg

Still From Cafe Minamdang Episode 3

After a successful bust, Han-jun comes back home and in a redoing from the last episode, Han-jun opens the closet door, Jae-hui puts a shirt over his head and attempts to run after headbutting him but not before he grabs a piece of her keychain and then just falls over unconscious.

At home, Jae-hui gets a call from Do-won, who assures her that if she’s determined to take revenge against Gyeong-go, then he will support her 100%. After assuring each other of seeing each other soon, Jae-hui goes on a deep dive into Gyeong-go’s relationship with her brother.

The next day, Jae-hui visits the cafe with Gwang-tae to get some answers and invariably ends up in his arms until he drops her on the floor. He gets a flashback about his connection with Jae-hui and immediately recognizes her as his martial arts buddy from the past.

cafe-minamdang-episode-3-3-1068x458.jpg

Spoiler

cafe-minamdang-episode-3-4-1068x458.jpg

cafe-minamdang-episode-3-5-1068x456.jpg

cafe-minamdang-episode-3-6-1068x455.jpg

cafe-minamdang-episode-3-8-1068x466.jpg

for more detail, source:

Spoiler

https://www.leisurebyte.com/cafe-minamdang-episode-3-recap-and-review/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I'm 1 episode in! Haha there's just so much going on at the moment that I don't know how I've kept this up especially since real life has been busy too...I just came here to say I love fake shaman Seo In Guk :laugh: He's so extra and I dig it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Heyyyy @JenL!

Awesome to see you here. I just finished episode 3 and loving the show and the Minamdang team he formed. They are soooo chaotic but soooo hilarious. Seo In Guk is so awesome in all his disguise. Love his wits to bits. Next episode he's undercover or in disguise again and I'm looking forward to it.

-- Spoiler --

In episode 3 we get a backstory of how Café Minamdang came to business. We get told Seo In Guk was a profiler, both he and Kwak Si Yang were ex-policemen who lost their jobs after being framed. We also learnt why Han Jae Hui (Oh Yeon Seo) was stalking/spying on Nam Han Joon. Both Han Joon and her are actually heading towards the direction - wanting to find the real killer who killed Prosecutor Han (Jae Hui's brother).

Even though the show looks chaotic, but it actually has a story going on and slowly revealing the plan/reason behind Minamdang's actions, and Seo In Guk is The Brain behind all the scheming. Love love love. Although I do question how come he sux at fighting when he's also learnt some martial arts in the past... plus I thought to graduate from Police University, that's one of the skills they have to master? Instead, it is Kwak Si Yang that is the muscles and good at fighting. Kwak Si Yang's character is whacky fun as well.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

I'm still enjoying this drama, and Nam Han Joon and his team are definitely the reason why. They have me in stitches with their interactions. I really appreciated NHJ and their back stories as well.

It also makes sense now why HJH is so opposed to NHJ, while NHJ despite recognizing Han Jae Hee is trying to put her off so much. HJH is the little sister of the murdered prosecutor who's killer NHJ has vowed to find. It seems his murder was also used to frame NHJ and Gong Soo Chul. However, HJH's mother had actually come to NHJ asking him to stay away from them, especially HJH, so that they can all move on with their lives.

It's a tad funny, but also kind of sad that HJH doesn't realize that NHJ knows who she is since she still expects him to be shocked to find out that the murdered prosecutor was her older brother.

I'm a little bit blah on HJH though. For someone who is supposed to be so tough and smart, she seems relatively gullible and silly. I thought that NHJ had a good point when he told her that she wasn't suited to be a detective because she makes up her mind first then tries to find evidence to support it rather than examining a case with an open mind to figure out the truth.

I don't trust the prosecutor buddy that HJH keeps running to and telling everything to either. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy because this drama currently seems to be setting him up to be a bad guy.  I hope that is too obvious and he's just another prosecutor trying to get to the truth rather than using HJH for information as to whether the search is getting close to him or not. Anyone else think that, or is it just me?

SIG seems to be in his element in this role with his fast thinking and fast acting ways. I think it's hilarious that he's not much of a fighter, and that Kwak Si Yang is supposed to be so scary. :lmao2:

In the ending of episode 4, they seem to have found another victim of the man that both HJH and NHJ are chasing though, so I expect that the upcoming episodes will start ratcheting up the tension as they search for the killer.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

A very interesting ending in episode 4. It was unexpected. When this drama was announced and sypnosis published, I had no idea what to expect and thought it may not be good but I would try it out anyway for Seo In Guk. And now, I am loving the mix between fake shamanism + solving the mysteries. Love the cameraderie of the Minamdang team as well.

It feels silly but at the same time I love how the show is able to transition smoothly between the silly/chaotic-ness and seriousness. The flow of the drama is well-done.

I thought it was humourous that the lady customer proposed to Han Joon and was being all touchy-feely. I really don't know what to expect and loving the surprises in this drama. I suppose I just love how In Guk is unfazed by her advances but amused by his reactions to it all... 😂

Han Jae Hui in this episode started getting on my nerves though. I find it difficult to understand how she gets to her current position when she appears to lack logical thinking and investigation skills. 

The name Choi Yeong Seop keeps being mentioned but we don't know who he is yet. I hope I didn't miss a familair actor's face in the epilogue or flashbacks. He had to be the serial killer who's rich and powerful, no? Otherwise how was he able to get the higher-up to frame Han Joon? But yes, the Prosecutor looks suspicious as well, especially in the next episode. It's also difficult not to suspect him since he was a villain in Abyss. However I hope the mystery to the answer isn't this straight forward, easy to guess.

@Chocolate I think you should try this out. Mystery and comedy packaged together. It's different but fun! ^ ^ @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea should try it out too.

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Episodes 1-4

Yay! I am up to date! To be honest, when I watched episode 1, I was ok but not in love...but I started to like this from episode 2 annd now that we're on episode 4, I really really like this show. Most people liked SIG when he was the handsome mysterious death god in Doom at your Service...Me? I'm such a sucker for con-man fake shaman, ex-cop, muppet laughing Seo In Guk :laugh::wow:  I know, I know, sometimes I question my taste in men as well :lol: 

I like that NHJ went from being earnest, diligent cop to somewhat of a more extra, seemingly narcisistic, extraverted , larger than life character...it's like he cracked after bring framed and decided to live the fun con life (even though you know he is still soft for helping people) :GrowDerp: I think it might have been @Tofu or @stroppyse who said that they liked that he became a sharman by someone else mistaking him and him not bothering to correct them. I have to add that I think it's smart that they made him a police profiler in the past. It would make sense that the best kind of con artist is one who is smart and good at putting clues together to read people :heiboi:

I love how chaotic this series is, but in a way that is loud and funny and silly, with some really annoyingly bad criminals and character that have tragic backstories, but also very out there comedic moments...I'm basically into every sharman scene where he starts chanting and shaking his sharman ghost busting tools :lol:  Also, silly stuff like when SC is holding onto the sewer kid and he smiles which makes him look like a creep :laugh:... also the character's reactions to things...like NHJ acts so cool when he's standing up to the people framing him, but then he is ugly crying on the bus. I don't know what it is, but this kind of humour gets me.  

My only complaints: I nearly screamed in episode 4 when the bad guy starts having a bad trip on his drugs and seeing the ghost of the lady...It freaked me out! :psweatduck::lettalKWA: Also I find the the age difference weird...like HJH is meant to be the kid that had a crush on NHJ, right? But it seems weird because NHJ hasn't aged a day...and she's grown too much...it's a bit of a stretch? I wish they'd at least picked a child actor who looked more like her! :idk:

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

On 7/5/2022 at 8:18 PM, mademoiselle said:

Even though the show looks chaotic, but it actually has a story going on and slowly revealing the plan/reason behind Minamdang's actions, and Seo In Guk is The Brain behind all the scheming. Love love love.

Hahaha I agree. I think I only descrbe this series as chaotic in terms of the craziness of the humour and wild characters. The story itself is well put together :heart:

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm a little bit blah on HJH though. For someone who is supposed to be so tough and smart, she seems relatively gullible and silly. I thought that NHJ had a good point when he told her that she wasn't suited to be a detective because she makes up her mind first then tries to find evidence to support it rather than examining a case with an open mind to figure out the truth.

Haha, I don't dislike HJH and have seen more annoying characters than her, but I know what you mean as well. I do think they could have made her a bit more calm and more strategic...hse seems to get saved a lot by her colleagues. But I do like that she loses her cool around NHJ because she obviously treated him as her esteemed Oppa :laugh: I see her character more as a target for NHJ's 'don't stalk me coz I'm hot' comedic moments :idk:

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't trust the prosecutor buddy that HJH keeps running to and telling everything to either. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy because this drama currently seems to be setting him up to be a bad guy.  I hope that is too obvious and he's just another prosecutor trying to get to the truth rather than using HJH for information as to whether the search is getting close to him or not. Anyone else think that, or is it just me?

Yes, there's definitely something fishy about him! I can't tell if they're just setting him up to be a really awkward nice guy because I do remember that he apparently likes to talk a lot (was anyone else grossed out by the fact that the guy's ears was literally bleeding? :lettalKWA: ) and so maybe it's just his awkwardness that is off-putting. But I also feel like he's just very conveniently around all the time and he seems too 'nice' and listens to her (when he's apparently meant to be a talker) and his presence feels uneasy to me, given the corruption that gooes on with the cops/ the law.:HaunterOK:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought it was humourous that the lady customer proposed to Han Joon and was being all touchy-feely. I really don't know what to expect and loving the surprises in this drama. I suppose I just love how In Guk is unfazed by her advances but amused by his reactions to it all... 😂

Hahaha, I thought SIg's acting was so perfect there. He was swatting her away like an annoying fly and she was tryiing to foorce a ring on him and awkwardly flailing on the couch. It made me laugh out loud  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 7/6/2022 at 7:24 AM, JenL said:

But I do like that she loses her cool around NHJ because she obviously treated him as her esteemed Oppa 

That is pretty funny. It's so clear that she still has her little girl crush on him despite thinking that he had gone bad.

Hahaha, I thought SIg's acting was so perfect there. He was swatting her away like an annoying fly and she was tryiing to foorce a ring on him and awkwardly flailing on the couch. It made me laugh out loud

Even funnier when she said that she hadn't really expected him to give in on the first go, but she has more planned for him. :lmao2:

But I also feel like he's just very conveniently around all the time and he seems too 'nice' and listens to her (when he's apparently meant to be a talker) and his presence feels uneasy to me, given the corruption that gooes on with the cops/ the law

Yes! Very well said.

• Awesome 1

Seo In Guk, a luxury visual that even sniped 'Nyangsim'. Gentleman vibes [TEN★]

Reporter Jo Jun Won  

0000557740_001_20220712060201460.jpg?type=w430
0000557740_002_20220712060201502.jpg?type=w430
Photo = Seo In-guk SNS

Actor Seo In Guk shared his friendly daily life. 

Actor Seo In Guk posted on his Instagram on the 11th, "I met a tiger while filming," and added an article encouraging viewers to watch the live broadcast of the drama 'Cafe Namdang'. 

In the published photo, Seo In Guk, who is being filmed, is stroking the back or scratching the head of a cat on a rock with his back bent.

Meanwhile, Seo In Guk is playing the role of Nam Han-joon in the KBS2 drama 'Cafe Minamdang' and is meeting with the fans.

source:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/312/0000557740

• Like 5

tumblr-30e2fba850113587d14f5a604314ec59-

Café Minamdang – K-Drama Episode 5 Recap & Review.

Talia Pillay

Scapegoat

Episode 5 of Café Minamdang begins as the area surrounding Ms Kim’s house fills with police, ambulances and worried neighbours.

When Su-cheol wonders if this is Gopuri’s work, Han-jun says that their MO is the same as it was three years ago, bar one thing. We flash to the body being loaded into an ambulance, and the victim’s white heels are visible.

Observing the commotion, Han-jun thinks it’s possible that Gopuri is watching them at that very moment. He’s right. Among the crowd is a man dressed in black clothes with his face concealed behind a mask and hat. Pulling the brim down, he exposes the burn scar on his wrist.

Su-cheol scopes out the area while Jae-hui has her team start running through the CCTV footage. Han-jun is one step ahead of her, collecting the dashcam footage from a parked car. It shows him a black van that frequently visited that spot. Investigating it further, Hye-jun finds that the black van was reported stolen, and someone has rented it using a stolen identity.

Jae-hui grabs at the dashcam footage while Su-cheol spots a suspicious man spying from afar. Han-jun joins him and they shadow the man with the intention of determining whether he’s an accessory like Choi Yeong-seop or Gopuri himself.

Detective Na singles out the black van in the CCTV footage and uncovers its stolen status. After tracing the phone number used to rent the van, he places the driver within the vicinity of Ms Kim’s house, but he can’t pinpoint their exact location until a call is made.

Hye-jun finally gets a good angle of the suspicious man’s face through the CCTV as he stops to call someone to ask for a meeting point. It’s Yeong-seop, Han-jun and Su-cheol amp up their pace.

Now that Yeong-seop has made a call, Jae-hui and Detective Jang head to his location in their car. Their approaching sirens put him on high alert. Han-jun calls Jae-hui, asking her to hold off so that they can find out who Yeong-seop is meeting. Jae-hui is too stubborn to listen, and when she sights Yeong-seop and realises who he is, all bets are off.

for more details, source:

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/cafeminamdang-s1e5review/

• Like 4

'The Handsome Man' Seo In Guk, Kwak Si Yang and Kang Mi Na, chase the truth about the murder of a high school girl.

Kim Myung Mi.

download.jpg

Seo In Guk, Kwak Si ayang, and Kang Mi Na united with a sense of justice.

In the 7th episode of KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama 'Cafe Minamdang' (Directed by Ko Jae Kyeon, Yoon Ra-young, Scripted by Park Hye Jin, Produced by People Story Company, AD406, Monster Union), which will be broadcast at 9:50 pm on July 18, Nam Han Jun (Seo In Guk), Gongsu Cheol (Kwak Si Yang) and Nam Hye Joon (Kang Mi Na) pursue the truth about the murder of a high school girl.

Previously, Nam Han Joon was lying on a bed in a hospital room instead of Choi Young Seop (Jang Hyuk Jin), a serial killer suspect, and was suddenly given a tranquilizer. he's blurred while looking at Jae Hee Han (played by Oh Yeon Seo) who came in through the door by saying, “Pretty,” while his strength was released and she fell and even kissed her, creating an exciting atmosphere.

The stills released on this day contain images of Nam Han Joon, Gong Su Cheol, and Nam Hye Jun having a conversation with a serious expression. Nam Han Joon is looking at the murder-related data with sharp eyes, and Gong Su Cheol is reasoning with Nam Hye Jun who draws attention. In particular, the expression of finding the answer from Nam Hye Jun is captured, making the whole story even more curious.

AAAABWd-Ejczg-R5-N5x1ns-AFTvu-Ih-Yyc-GXd

In the 7th episode, Nam Han Joon, Gong Su Cheol, and Nam Hye Jun gradually get closer to the truth of the murder of high school girl named Kang Eun Hye. we look forward to seeing what kind of strategy used by the cafe members, who usually solve the case with great with, will this time, and who is hiding behind the incident. (Photo=People Story Company)

source:

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20220718082538249

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4