Tracer 트레이서 [2022]

Tofu

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

My favorite thing so far about this show is Dong Ju. He's a very interesting character and Im Si Wan plays him with much charisma. 

Agree. Dong Ju seems to have no fear - perhaps because he doesn't really need the NTS job (his apartment is very nice!). Thus, he is very blunt and dares to say and do things no one else dares. Which makes his scenes so enjoyable.

I've even started watching Misaeng, which again is totally not my type of show. The office grind is so slow but strangely Im Siwan is not boring to watch.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Kriysw Thank you for providing us and everyone else with subs!! You and the entire subbing team are the best!! :heart:

15 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The office grind is so slow...

This is one of the reasons why I haven't watched Misaeng. I'm usually not a big fan of slice-of-life type dramas. It's one of the reasons why I didn't watch Hospital Playlist. 

Based on MBC's tweet, episode 9 will air on the 25th. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Kriysw said:

Hi! I’m from the @TaxPayersSubTeam on twitter. Thank you for your patience for the subbed episodes and for supporting the team! We’re glad you’re enjoying Tracer as much as we do :) 

Hello @Kriysw, good to see you here. Thanks again for subbing the much loved episodes.

I'm not reading the article to avoid spoilers. But the last line says Feb 18? So confusing! Again, this only affects @mademoiselle since she is the only one who is up to date 😂

Im Siwan And Go Ah Sung Brace Themselves For A Vicious Fight In “Tracer” Season 2

DRAMA PREVIEW

Feb 9, 2022 by E. Cha

MBC’s “Tracer” has unveiled the main poster for its upcoming second season!

Spoiler

Set at the National Tax Service, “Tracer” is a thrilling action drama starring Im Siwan as the unscrupulous and eccentric Hwang Dong Joo, a new team manager at the Seoul Regional Office’s Investigation Bureau. In his unrelenting quest to follow a trail of dirty money, he teams up with Seo Hye Young (Go Ah Sung), an honest and upstanding team member at the Seoul Regional Office who isn’t afraid to face the cowardly world head-on.

Park Yong Woo also stars in the drama as Oh Young, who was once the ace of the National Tax Service, but has since become a section chief who doesn’t believe in doing any work. Meanwhile, Son Hyun Joo plays In Tae Joon, the ambitious commissioner of the Seoul Regional Office who dreams of reaching the top.

In the newly released poster for Season 2, Seo Hye Young and Hwang Dong Joo look more determined than ever to take down the bad guys. Ready for the fierce battle ahead, Seo Hye Young glare fiercely at someone in the distance, while Hwang Dong Joo appraises a situation with a cool and unwavering eye.

In stark contrast to the lazy and complacent Oh Young from the beginning of Season 1, Oh Young looks sharp and alert in the poster, reminding us that the ace within him has reawoken. He isn’t the only one who’s on his guard, however—In Tae Joon’s gaze is just as steely as he makes a serious phone call, hinting that he’ll be a force to be reckoned with in Season 2.

Meanwhile, the poster’s caption teases, “From now on, the real [battle] begins!”

Tracer-21.jpg

Season 2 of “Tracer” will premiere on February 18.

Source

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

But the last line says Feb 18? So confusing!

That's wavve's fault :cry:

All episodes of season 2 will be released on Feb 18th on wavve, but it will still return to the Fri-Sat time slot on MBC on Feb 25th. Ratings will probably suffer but they're obviously not after the ratings but the new subscribers :(

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@Chocolate @Tofu Misaeng is a MUST watch! I've never seen a show that could make everyday business-related issue that exciting! And, I love love love Geu Rae and the 3rd team. The casts are awesome too and the rapport the newbies eventually built up was ♥. Just need to endure a lot of yelling, bullying and belittling from the seniors to the juniors, though it makes me appreciate I have a better work environment.

Siwan is a good actor, albeit being the pretty boy he doesn't let himself being typecast. Choco, you should check out his other works after finishing Misaeng... like his movies e.g. One Line, The Merciless. 😱 I forgot about Stolen Identity. Drama wise, you can skip The King in Love. Stranger From Hell I could never get through episode 1 but maybe you might like it.

@Chocolate I rewatched Prison Playbook over the weekend. Still.so.good after all this time! I kind of wish they would do a PP Special just to show me how all of them are doing after being released from the prison. The only one I know got a bit of "closure" was Haerongie since he cameo Racket Boys, and in it, it was hinted he and his lover moved to the village.

Oh Feb 18 should be correct because that's when Tracer airs Fri & Sat.

Welcome and hello @Kriysw! Thank you guys for all the hard work subbing the drama! I was feeling so sad that the other friends here didn't have the subs to watch this good show & I'm all alone.

So confusing. I thought Wavve and MBC were supposed to air at the same time or day, at least. It's ok, I'm not too fussed as long as it returns. 😅

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Hello @Kriysw. So happy you posted...cannot thank you and your team enough for the amazing subs. I was initially watching with the auto-translated ones from the dark sites, and I wanted to cry cause they were bad. I am so annoyed that no streaming site picked this up - more like I am shocked. Is it because Wavve was not keen on selling the rights? Anyway,  so happy when I found you guys on twitter. 

@Chocolate Misaeng was my introduction to Si Wan too. Love him there !  I know @mademoiselle didn't recommend Run On to you probably because she knows you won't like that genre :hug: but if one day you change your mind , you can check it out. It was a very quirky unique sort of rom com. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

36 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hello @Kriysw. So happy you posted...cannot thank you and your team enough for the amazing subs. I was initially watching with the auto-translated ones from the dark sites, and I wanted to cry cause they were bad. I am so annoyed that no streaming site picked this up - more like I am shocked. Is it because Wavve was not keen on selling the rights? Anyway,  so happy when I found you guys on twitter. 

It was mentioned in the earlier articles that Tracer will be licensed to Amazon Prime but maybe the deal fell through? The new CEO of wavve (former CEO of Studio Dragon) said in an interview that they have plans of entering the foreign market. So maybe this is also part of their plan? Since the previous dramas that occupied Tracer's timeslot were all licensed to foreign streaming platforms, we expected it would be the same for Tracer, too. Some fans said that the other wavve originals were licensed to Viki eventually after a few months? So that might happen to Tracer, too. I'm just so grateful to the translators who offered to help and to the drama fans for their enthusiasm :heart:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
10 hours ago, Kriysw said:

Some fans said that the other wavve originals were licensed to Viki eventually after a few months?

I noticed that a few of Wavve's dramas were released on Viki a few months after it aired too. Maybe that's the marketing strategy for them -- releasing it on their platform which will get people to purchase a subscription to watch and then selling it to other streaming network later. 

I'm starting episode three soon and so far I'm enjoying it. Dong Ju's analogies on some things reminds me of my boss's. Haha! I also love that Dong Ju is pretty much, "I'm sorry I'm not sorry" or rather, "I don't mean to offend you but I am going to offend you anyway". :lmao2:

@mademoiselle Haha! I've head so many great reviews about it and I know I should probably watch it but....maybe when I have nothing else to watch. I did like the last few dramas you recommended from a couple of years ago. I think Misaeng is also on Netflix too which will make watching it easy. By the way, the male lead in Reset was in the Chinese version of Misaeng. It's called The Ordinary Glory. Mark Chao is in this and the drama ended up winning lots of awards. It's just like Tracer in the sense that when it came out, there were no subs. I think a few months ago, someone finally subbed the series (not that you need it because it's in Chinese. LOL!). 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu I didn't know Misaeng had a C-version. I know Japanese did one but I didn't watch it. It's hard to pick Japanese dramas back up now that I've gotten so used to SK style. Netflix can take down the dramas any time so you should watch it (for free) while you can. I noticed EY and Where Stars Land have been taken down in my region.

Speaking of Mark Chao, I recently found Black & White on Netflix. LOL. I remember liking that drama and thought highly of the production at the time. It was good. I rewatched it but cringed at the action scenes. :P

P.S. I read on Weibo a while back that China is looking at producing a drama that sounds exactly like Run On. This one wasn't reported as a remake of Run On but rather publishing the sypnosis and C-Netizens identified that it sounded exactly the same.

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate Misaeng was my introduction to Si Wan too. Love him there !  I know @mademoiselle didn't recommend Run On to you probably because she knows you won't like that genre :hug: but if one day you change your mind , you can check it out. It was a very quirky unique sort of rom com.

Hahaha yeah, you know me well. I think a combination of all these dramas showcase Siwan's range in acting.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I just finished eps 3 . @mademoiselle what episode are you? I am assuming you've watched up to eps 8? 

This was a good episode - for one I really like how DJ pitted the directors against each other. I was surprised to an extent that it was Director Ahn who hid the ledgers .

Ever since he's joined Division 5 , DJ's been able to galvanize the team to get things done. Especially Chief Oh Young - he was jaded and cynical but you can see that changing. Actually he's pretty sharp in the way he pinpointed that it was Ahn who had them.  I attribute the team' s rising morale , Oh Young's change to Dong Ju.  Dong Ju is like this ball of energy and he's completely unapologetic with  how he's shaking up the entire NTS. It's hard not to be affected by him.  The NTS is full of crooks & hypocrites - they will need an out of the box thinker like Dong Ju if they are going to catch those evaders. 

Subbed BTS for Season 1

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 2/15/2022 at 2:54 PM, mademoiselle said:

P.S. I read on Weibo a while back that China is looking at producing a drama that sounds exactly like Run On. This one wasn't reported as a remake of Run On but rather publishing the sypnosis and C-Netizens identified that it sounded exactly the same.

I haven't heard about this! Is the drama progressing? XD

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This was a good episode - for one I really like how DJ pitted the directors against each other. I was surprised to an extent that it was Director Ahn who hid the ledgers .

I really like the story telling of Tracer. It's not hard to understand given the setting and the nature of the cases. Coz although I'm also a fan of Secret Forest, I admit that there were times when I had to repeat a whole episode upon realizing half way that I couldn't understand what was happening anymore. But Tracer is easier to digest I guess? and doesn't use too much jargons. Or maybe because we edit the translations so I have full understanding of what's going on. :thinking:

I hope you don't mind me chiming in! I think other fans of Siwan aren't really into this genre and I'm dying to discuss it with others.

Edited by Kriysw
missed a word :)
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
49 minutes ago, Kriysw said:

I hope you don't mind me chiming in! I think other fans of Siwan aren't really into this genre and I'm dying to discuss it with others

Love that you can come here and chat with us. Please feel free to join any of our threads. We set this place up purely for discussions and fangirling so all are welcome. 

I know this genre may not be as popular say compared to romance etc but I am happy he took this on. In a way it is also like a crime procedural. The cast is not bad too but SiWan's character Dong Ju is the driving force of the show. I am very happy every time I see him in the scene. 

Gonna watch eps 4 later tonight.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

20 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I know this genre may not be as popular say compared to romance etc but I am happy he took this on. In a way it is also like a crime procedural. The cast is not bad too but SiWan's character Dong Ju is the driving force of the show. I am very happy every time I see him in the scene. 

And he really fits the role, being smart in real life and all. He really puts a lot of thought into his roles especially the small details. He said Dong-ju’s unruly hair and style was his idea XD

Ep 4 is really good too. I think it shows more backstory about the main characters and the ending was fantastic.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Kriysw said:

I haven't heard about this! Is the drama progressing? XD

Hahaha! Not after the first post. The reactions from C-Netizens were not welcoming. I think I'll have to tag @Tofu for this so she can keep a look out because I am not up-to-date with C drama progress/news at all.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in! I think other fans of Siwan aren't really into this genre and I'm dying to discuss it with others.

Really? This type of story isn't very common (actually, what kind of genre is this anyway?) but seeing the baddies get their well-deserved justice is so satisfying. Dong Joo is like a vigilante who fights with his wit instead of fist. The one drama from Siwan I couldn't watch is Strangers From Hell. Sigh.

Or maybe because we edit the translations so I have full understanding of what's going on. 

I think maybe you edited the translations 😅. There are mistranslations as well depending on which subbing team so that makes it more difficult to have good, full understanding.

I find myself at times a bit lost just trying to chase after subtitles and get my head around the names and incident of the cases they were working on. First couple of episodes, I actually spent some time (in my head) sorting out the hierachy and the "sides" these characters are xDDD. I can tell you I still don't remember everyone's names apart from Dong Joo and Oh Young.

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle what episode are you? I am assuming you've watched up to eps 8? 

Yeah I'm up to date with the latest episodes but I can't remember details after 3 weeks :lmao2:

58 minutes ago, Kriysw said:

He said Dong-ju’s unruly hair and style was his idea XD

:shocked: Whyyyy? I called the unruly hair "birdnest"! I was so happy he smooth it out in episode 8 but then he went back to curly again after that. Aish. Hahaha.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The one drama from Siwan I couldn't watch is Strangers From Hell. Sigh.

This is his only drama that I can only watch once. Also, I paused and skipped a lot of scenes because they were too much for me.

I find myself at times a bit lost just trying to chase after subtitles and get my head around the names and incident of the cases they were working on. First couple of episodes, I actually spent some time (in my head) sorting out the hierachy and the "sides" these characters are xDDD. I can tell you I still don't remember everyone's names apart from Dong Joo and Oh Young.

The names might be hard to remember but their dynamics is pretty easy to understand since it's a bit predictable. What's unpredictable is Dong-ju. :laugh:

Whyyyy? I called the unruly hair "birdnest"! I was so happy he smooth it out in episode 8 but then he went back to curly again after that. Aish. Hahaha.

Something about Dong-ju's transformation since his father's death, that it changed him.

Or perhaps because he spent 4 years investigating and plotting his revenge that maybe he didn't have time to style his hair? Honestly I was so stressed out about his hair in Run On because his hair there seemed unruly for me, then, he got a perm for Tracer. Hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I completed eps 4 earlier but had to rewatch a couple of scenes to get some stuff straight.

I know that whatever cases that Dong Ju has helped solve is ultimately for him to prove himself to Director In and get his trust. The side benefit is that justice is served. It seems like he has gained the director's trust and DJ's own person - Noh Sun Joo from the Namju office has been nominated as one of the directors .This is all within DJ's plans. This scene though is a possible foreshadowing of some crazy things that Dong Ju seems to have up his sleeve. Plans that may make him look like the bad or greedy person here but I suppose ultimately it is for him to find out the truth about what happened to his father. 

But what feels like a real wild card here is Oh Young . Oh Young did do some digging on Dong Ju and doesn't trust Dong Ju. Fair enough & I believe Dong Ju factored that in. So when Oh Young came in at the end as the Chief Commissioner's candidate for one of the director's posts, was that something Dong Ju had expected too? In his narration he seems to say that he will show that people are more scary than power or money. I take that as him expecting Oh Young to be the one to ultimately reveal Director In's dirty secrets. After all Oh Young and In have plenty of bitter history between them. 

• Like 4

@abs-oluteM I think Dong Joo is removing In Tae Joon's limbs one at a time. He's also showing those people he had around him can't be trusted after they had a taste of power and greed. All of them tend to go off on their own and covet more bribes etc. In Tae Joon closes one eye as long as they don't get caught. I find it hard In Tae Joon could ever trust Dong Joo knowing whose son Dong Joo is. I kinda think In Tae Joon knows what Dong Joo is aftering and is just watching how far and whether he could get to him. Not sure which episode anymore but In Tae Joon is more concerned with Oh Young than Dong Joo.

It's part of Dong Joon's plan to push Oh Young forward, I believe. Dong Joo offers himself to Oh Young asking Oh Young to use him to take down the others. So Oh Young agrees.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Just done ep 5. Thanks again to the sub team.

On 2/19/2022 at 10:03 AM, mademoiselle said:

I find it hard In Tae Joon could ever trust Dong Joo knowing whose son Dong Joo is. I kinda think In Tae Joon knows what Dong Joo is aftering and is just watching how far and whether he could get to him.

Me too. I don't see how Dong Joo can infiltrate In Tae Joon's although that is something to be expected given what he said to his female investigator.

So now Divisions 3 and 5 are no longer ITJ's people. How about Division 1 - the Director seemed quite happy to see Oh Young promoted.

On 2/16/2022 at 5:22 PM, Kriysw said:

And he really fits the role, being smart in real life and all. He really puts a lot of thought into his roles especially the small details.

I've just finished Misaeng. He's such a sad character there and it shows in the way he walks, his posture. Quite hard to imagine another actor playing this role.

I liked Strangers From Hell though 😂 It was slow at first, but picked up especially when Lee Dong Wook appeared. Im Si Wan plays these roles about people with depressing lives quite well haha.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Im Si Wan plays these roles about people with depressing lives quite well haha.

Yeah I can’t imagine him playing anything ‘normal.’ :laugh: He’s always been experimental with his choices. His roles in his upcoming movies will surprise you!

By the way, all season 2 episodes (raw) have already been uploaded on dramaday! I know @mademoiselle will be thrilled :)

Edited by Kriysw
:)
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
54 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Siwan = Jang Geu Rae for me forever. There's no way I can see someone else in this role now, which is why I wasn't interested in the J-version or C-version.

Misaeng is my fave ever. I’m still waiting for Misaeng 2. The S2 of the webtoon isn’t finished until now but at least the writer continued it after a 3-year hiatus. So there’s still hope, I think. Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Kriysw @mademoiselle So far, nothing has been confirmed for the Chinese remake of Run On. I think the latest drama Chinese entertainment is thinking about remaking is W: Two Worlds. Im Si Wan's dramas are in the clear...for now. :laugh:

On 2/16/2022 at 4:25 AM, mademoiselle said:

Whyyyy? I called the unruly hair "birdnest"! I was so happy he smooth it out in episode 8 but then he went back to curly again after that. Aish. Hahaha.

I might be in the minority because I don't mind the perm that much on him the way I do with Kim Nam Gil in TTD. Haha!

On 2/18/2022 at 8:03 PM, mademoiselle said:

I think Dong Joo is removing In Tae Joon's limbs one at a time.

I have similar views. I think Dong Joo's ultimate target is In Tae Joon but has to start with his minions first. From what I saw in episode 5, Oh Young is someone who have always wanted to do the right thing, but when the entire force is against that, he just submit to whatever they were doing. I hoping that with Dong Joo there and the commissioner having his back, he'll actually do the right thing for once or at least stand up to that group. 

Thanks @Kriysw for the subs as always!! :Party01:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
23 hours ago, Kriysw said:

Misaeng is my fave ever. I’m still waiting for Misaeng 2. The S2 of the webtoon isn’t finished until now but at least the writer continued it after a 3-year hiatus. So there’s still hope, I think. Haha

I really want the newbies to reunite again. Inasmuch as I like the 3rd division team, I also really love at the near end Manager Oh got them 4 together to help the other female manager.

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

I have similar views. I think Dong Joo's ultimate target is In Tae Joon but has to start with his minions first. From what I saw in episode 5, Oh Young is someone who have always wanted to do the right thing, but when the entire force is against that, he just submit to whatever they were doing. I hoping that with Dong Joo there and the commissioner having his back, he'll actually do the right thing for once or at least stand up to that group. 

Yes, Oh Young had always wanted to do the right thing but it is so hard to want to do the right thing when everyone else in the organisation don't. It really drains a person's fighting spirit and makes one question whether there is still any hope left for this organisation to become a better place. And since Oh Young is fighting 1 vs 1000 corrupted colleagues and no support from higher-up, he had to disappear into the shadow and just go with the flow.

Which is why I find such show exhilarating because we all need a Dong Joo in real life to make the world a better place xD

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2