Tracer 트레이서 [2022]

Tofu

On 2/14/2022 at 5:45 PM, mademoiselle said:

I rewatched Prison Playbook over the weekend. Still.so.good after all this time! I kind of wish they would do a PP Special just to show me how all of them are doing after being released from the prison. The only one I know got a bit of "closure" was Haerongie since he cameo Racket Boys, and in it, it was hinted he and his lover moved to the village.

A special is a nice idea.

It would be hard for me to re-watch PP. Although it was a surprisingly enjoyable drama, there's some sadness to the lives of the prisoners which I wouldn't want to re-visit. Like that Doctor who kept writing complain letters, he had to suddenly switch cells - that is like starting all over again and likely getting bullied/picked on if the cell mates were nasty. I was glad they didn't show what happened after.

Actually PP, Hot Stove League, Misaeng and Tracer have a similiarity. All have these "events" every few episodes where there is a twist/revelation which shows the ingenuity of the main characters. Is there a name for this style/genre? I love this type of shows but it is so difficult to identify before watching. Are there any others like this to recommend?

@Kriysw While we are waiting for the next episode, would you like to share with us how the sub team came about and how does the team work? I'm curious 😄.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Actually PP, Hot Stove League, Misaeng and Tracer have a similiarity. All have these "events" every few episodes where there is a twist/revelation which shows the ingenuity of the main characters. Is there a name for this style/genre? I love this type of shows but it is so difficult to identify before watching. Are there any others like this to recommend?

Hmm there aren't that many shows like these - the similarities also involved an ensemble casts with great characters. Vincenzo would be similar too, isn't it? But I know you've seen this. I think 38 Task Force by Oppa Seo In Guk is something similar.

Do you still have an aversion to Jang Nara? Because I really think Hello Monster / I Remember You is a really good watch. The back & forth between the main lead versus the serial killer(s) were so good (then). The romance bit is very minimal. Also if you like crime investigation mystery drama, the old dramas Ten and Ten 2 were pretty famous back then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you still have an aversion to Jang Nara? Because I really think Hello Monster / I Remember You is a really good watch. The back & forth between the main lead versus the serial killer(s) were so good (then). The romance bit is very minimal. Also if you like crime investigation mystery drama, the old dramas Ten and Ten 2 were pretty famous back then.

Hmmm, someone has overtaken her 😂 Thanks I will check these out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I loved Stove League too! Misaeng and SL are both ‘underdog’ dramas but I’m not sure if that’s the word you’re looking for. 

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@Kriysw While we are waiting for the next episode, would you like to share with us how the sub team came about and how does the team work? I'm curious 😄

I was so frustrated with the auto-translated subs so I tweeted asking for help from translators and thankfully it was retweeted a lot, then luckily, some translators offered to help. Most of them have experience in translating or has done fansubbing before but they could only work on weekends. But lately everyone is busy even on weekends so they need more time. They upload their segments then I do minor editing and synching with another timer. After that, it is proofread and edited by one of our translators who’s also a Viki subber. Then finally, I’m the one who converts the file to different formats and uploads them all.  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmm there aren't that many shows like these - the similarities also involved an ensemble casts with great characters.

I think Tracer is most similar to Chief Kim but a lot more darker, and more mind blowing. I'm on Season 2 episode 4 and there are so many "What the hell??" kind of moments. :laugh: I look forward to the next episodes. Hwang Dong-joo is just so clever. He's just like Hwang Si-mok of Stranger and Kim Sung-ryong of Chief Kim combined!

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

I've just finished Snowpiercer movie and Go A Sung is there, as a child! She was cute haha. So sad, her backstory in Tracer.

Not much happened in episode 6, except we see how ITJ and his cronies are trying to bring Oh Young down. By himself, he doesn't seem to be astute enough to handle it. Dong Joo is also now being accused of being corrupt - is this how he will infiltrate ITJ's team? If so, that is quite silly of ITJ as DJ has warned so many times of his real purpose.

This caught me by surprise 😲 Looks painful 😅

img.gif

Source: Silvertrhee

Patiently waiting for episode 7 now 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Actor Son Hyun Joo [In Tae Joon in Tracer] has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

On February 28, Son Hyun Joo’s agency, Starcom Entertainment, stated, “Son Hyun Joo was diagnosed with COVID-19 the day before and is receiving treatment at home. He has completed three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. He has put a halt to his entire work schedule and is resting according to the directions of the disease control authorities.

Son Hyun Joo was in the middle of filming JTBC’s “The Good Detective” season 2. However, filming is currently on pause while Son Hyun Joo recovers. JTBC stated, “We do not expect any problems with the production schedule.”

Son Hyun Joo is also starring in MBC’s “Tracer,” which is currently airing, but the filming for that drama is already complete. [Source]

fullsizephoto1409531.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Woohoo! Episode 7 is here! Thanks again @Kriysw 😘

Sorry it took so long. The translators are very busy these days. 

Anyone who can help me understand the ‘cross trading’ part better? I haven’t fully processed the ending of Ep 7 yet :nervous: was it something like a ponzi scheme? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This show is so good. And waiting for subs just makes it even more treasured - it's like the saying "absence makes the heart fonder" or something like that, if you know what I mean... hahaha.

I probably need to re-watch to grasp the intricacies but In Tae Joon is quite an interesting character. I thought he was kicked out of the PQ family because the patriarch did not like him so why is he helping them? Why is he also so unpleasant to his son?

I am quite intrigued by the relationship between In Tae Joon and Hwang Dong Joo. I keep going back and forth thinking ITJ may not be such a bad guy but now... 😱

Spoiler

He's the one who killed Dong Joo's father???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I am quite intrigued by the relationship between In Tae Joon and Hwang Dong Joo. I keep going back and forth thinking ITJ may not be such a bad guy but now... 😱

Hide contents

He's the one who killed Dong Joo's father???

Hahahaha there is more to this that will make you go :shocked:

I probably need to re-watch to grasp the intricacies but In Tae Joon is quite an interesting character. I thought he was kicked out of the PQ family because the patriarch did not like him so why is he helping them? Why is he also so unpleasant to his son?

In Tae Joon or Yoo Yong Shin?

This show is so good.

Not that you don't already love it but the 斗智 bit took it up a huge notch near end.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 1
22 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle I thought Ryu Yong Shin is just an employee? In Tae Joon married the PQ daughter (who has died) and his son is working in the NTS too right? Unless I understood everything wrongly 😆

In Tae Joon married the daughter of Jaesong Construction.

Tracer-KD-Kim_Byeong-Ki.jpg The Chairman

Tracer-KD-Jo_Seung-Yeon.jpg CEO Seo Young Jae (her brother)

Tracer-KD-Choi_Joon_Young.jpg In Tae Joon's son, In Do Hoon

PQ is another company run by Ryu family. The Chairman never showed himself but the current CEO is:

Tracer-Baek_Sung-Chul.jpg Ryu Do Hyung

Ryu Yong Shin is...

Spoiler

PQ chairman's bastard son.

You know what...? All those Directors of the NTS that Dong Joo got rid off... I never quite grasped what happened to them 😅. The Director of the 3rd Division made a return. I thought he was gone for good! I'm also lost on what happened to the 4th Division's Director (did you recognise who he is?) after Dong Joo took care of him in episode 8-9.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You know what...? All those Directors of the NTS that Dong Joo got rid off... I never quite grasped what happened to them 😅. The Director of the 3rd Division made a return. I thought he was gone for good! I'm also lost on what happened to the 4th Division's Director (did you recognise who he is?) after Dong Joo took care of him in episode 8-9.

Division 3 Dir Jang Jeong-il got replaced by Noh Seon-joo. He almost got away with it but Vice Commissioner Min requested a disciplinary committee since they found out he was in cahoots with the chairman of Dongho Securities.

Division 5 Dir Ahn Seong-shik, I remember DJ met him outside a courtroom or something so maybe he was being tried?

Division 4 Dir Lee Ki-dong stuck around until S2 and one of the directors will make a comeback like you’ve mentioned 😆

I find all the old directors laughable. Well, except for Division 1 😬

Edited by Kriysw
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

@mademoiselle I missed a whole company! So is Jaesong dirty too?

And what is In Do Hoon trying to achieve? He flip flops between his father and VC Min, seems too soft-hearted to be corrupt, but can't stand to be beaten by Dong Joo.

4th Div Director is the killer in Beyond Evil right? He is quite good. His villian is really unlikeable - don't need to worry I will feel sorry for him 😂

33 minutes ago, Kriysw said:

I find all the old directors laughable. Well, except for Division 1 😬

Aiyoh, that emoji is making me worried. I was hoping Div 1 director would be a good person - he seemed to be protecting Oh Young earlier.

• Haha 1

Something for us, watching with Eng subs, to look forward to 😄

“Tracer” Previews Tense Situations In Upcoming 2nd Season With New Photos

Feb 5, 2022 by S. Cho

MBC’s “Tracer” has shared exciting new stills from its upcoming second season!

“Tracer” is a drama that takes place at the National Tax Service. Im Siwan stars as Hwang Dong Joo, a new team manager of the Seoul Regional Office’s Investigation Bureau, while Go Ah Sung plays Seo Hye Young, a fellow team member at the Seoul Regional Office who is unafraid to face the cowardly world head-on. Son Hyun Joo plays In Tae Joon, the commissioner of the Seoul Regional Office who dreams of becoming something bigger. Park Yong Woo takes on the role of Oh Young, who was once the ace of the National Tax Service but is now the section chief who doesn’t believe in doing any work.

After successfully wrapping up its first season, the main cast will be returning for an even more thrilling second season.

The first photo features Hwang Dong Joo presenting his findings with a jam-packed whiteboard behind him and captures the character’s determination to track down any dirty money. In his quest, he will work closely with Seo Hye Young, who is able to use her bold personality to her advantage.

Im-Siwan-1.jpg

Spoiler

Im-Siwan-2.jpgIm-Siwan-Go-Ah-Sung-1.jpgGo-Ah-Sung-1.jpgGo-Ah-Sung-2.jpg

In Season 2, Oh Young rediscovers his ace tendencies, and In Tae Joon’s greed to become No. 1 starts to shine through. In Tae Joon’s ambition will also impact his relationship with Hwang Dong Joo, who refuses to back down.

Tracer-1.jpg

Spoiler

Tracer-2.jpgTracer-4.jpgTracer-3.jpgTracer-5.jpg

Tracer-6.jpg

Source