Drama Challenge!

stroppyse

D-9 I agree with @mademoiselle best villain  this year goes Kim Min Jung in the Devil Judge. I loved her even though she was psycho & even shipped her with the ML :GrimChamp:. But I wasn't the only one cc @im0202

Darn it ...this chemistry is too much!

D-10 Plenty of characters I came to love including Vincenzo, Jin MuHak in Dali & Gamjatang plus the grandfather in Navillera.

However the one I thought struck me as so different was Yuri's Princess Soo Kyung in Bossam. I know these days dramas like to write FLs to be so strong & outspoken which does not click for me when it comes to historical shows. They come across "too modern" for sageuks , if you know what I mean. Of course I understand that the dramas need to appeal to modern viewers , so it isn't easy to achieve a good balance. But the Bossam team did it with Princess SK who was strong inside but demonstrated much restrain & grace in how she handled herself with people around her. Yuri did amazing in this role. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Day 9: Best Villain -- Honestly, I don't think I watched that many dramas where I thought the villains were well thought out so no one for me on this one. 

Day 10: Favorite Character -- Ashile Sun from The Long Ballad and Xue Qian Xun from Miss the Dragon (I only watched MTD for him and his love interest in this drama. HAHAHA!)

a8808df3035bcacb6d14846748361f2f1a6f8065

Credit

fbf1bc74b357d76ed08736a2ef7121a86914d02f

Credit

Day 11: Strangest Fashion -- I'm drawing a blank but I know @NiteWalker and I have talked a bit about some of the interesting fashion in Chinese dramaland. Haha!

Day 12: Guilty Pleasure Drama -- Crush! I was really happy with the way the drama turned out because they got rid of the things I disliked about the novel. Haha! 

Crush-17-02.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Day 10: Favorite Character -- Ashile Sun from The Long Ballad and Xue Qian Xun from Miss the Dragon (I only watched MTD for him and his love interest in this drama. HAHAHA!)

Ashile!!!! Can't wait for his new one with Zhao Luxi. But I suppose it will only air next year. 

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ashile!!!! Can't wait for his new one with Zhao Luxi. But I suppose it will only air next year. 

Most likely it'll be next year because I think they wrapped up not too long ago. 

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

In drama or real life? In real life, I can give you a hint - "YY" lol

Hahaha, both! I can't remember for both but now that you bring up YY, I suddenly remember those photoshoots. :lmao2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

D3 - Fav OST

definitely "Fireworks of Stars" - You're My Glory OST by Liu YuNing, the songs and the lyrics really echo everyone thought of how YuTu is portray, @Tofu i know you love the OST at the very least even though i think the drama isnt up to your liking by much hahahahha

D4 there are 5 artist im really glad in seeing 

1. Tan SongYun in The Sword and the Brocade

2. Ma SiChun & Bai JingTing in You're My Hero

3. YangYang and Dilreba in You're My Glory

these 3 are one of the best drama for me....

D5 i really with the FL ended up with the 2nd lead male instead the 1st lead guy doesnt know his minds most of the times, even though to be honest they do look good together.

Kono Koi Atatamemasuka (A Warmed Up Love) - この恋あたためますか

D6 hmmmm....i havent watch alot this year so its hard to say whether im dissapointed or not...though i dont really like how the lead ended up together to be honest

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

D13 A drama I dropped

Aigoo, I drop a lot this year. LOL!

I guess the latest was Jirisan

Others from 2021:

Dark Hole
Sisyphus: The Myth
LUCA: The Beginning
Police University

The Royal Inspector & Joy

Lovestruck in the City

River Where the Moon Rises

Chimera

A Love So Beautiful

fbf1bc74b357d76ed08736a2ef7121a86914d02f

What's that half moon thing behind him? A weapon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I know I'm late to the party, so here are the first 14 days worth of answers.

Day 1 First drama completed - Uncanny Counter is the one that comes to mind

Day 2 Most annoying 2nd leads - Ugh. So many! And for so many different reasons! Special mentions - Taec in ‘Vincenzo’ because he showed early promise only to go into his overacting thing, Sa Ra in ‘Gentleman and Young Lady’ because her character is just written to be evil.

Day 3 Favorite OST - Sweet Night by V in ‘Itaewon Class’, or Our Summer by V in ‘Our Beloved Summer’.

Day 4 Happiest to see - Park Hyun Sik maybe, especially because it was so unexpected among so many others that I was happy to watch. He’s back from the military and he was in a pretty entertaining project ‘Happiness’, being part of a fantastic OTP as well as being a general good guy on his own. But, also Kim Bum whom I hadn’t seen in forever, and didn’t realize how much I missed, playing a layered character in ‘Law School’.

Day 5 Drama where the leads should end up with others - Probably ‘Hometown CCC’, I thought the FL should have ended up with the 2nd ML who had been crushing on her since their college days, and was going all out to be sweet to her and to everyone else as well. Also, a drama that I ended up dropping because I didn’t like either ML or FL, Nevertheless, where I couldn’t understand why the FL ended up with the ML. Also, ‘One the Woman’. Lee Won Geun as An Yoo Joon who had constantly stayed by the FL’s side, but is ultimately rejected for a more boring guy.  Also, 'Be a Meal', the ML ultimately dies of an incurable disease, but not before seeing his beloved married to the guy who had been crushing on the FL since their childhood. Sigh.

Day 6 Most disappointing drama - Ugh. Again, so many. Maybe ‘Jirisan’ because my expectations were so high, but I ended up dropping it after only 2 episodes after the ML goes into a coma and becomes a spirit of the mountain. Others were disappointing, but because I didn’t have any expectations, I dropped them and didn’t think about them again.

Day 7 Drama that made me laugh - There were plenty of drama with funny scenes. ‘’Hospital Playlist 2’, Taxi Driver’ and ‘Vincenzo’ come to mind, but nothing that had me constantly in stitches.

Day 8 Drama that made me cry - Probably ‘Navillera’. I have conflicted feelings about this drama actually, but the grandfather who was losing it to dementia and wanted to pursue his dream just once did have me tearing up.

Day 9 Best villain - I don’t know that I’ve watched a villain this year yet that’s matched up to Judge Cha in ‘Lawless Lawyer’. Maybe the cold cynicism of the grandfather who was actually the mastermind in ‘Squid Game’ or of Jeong Jin Soo in ‘Hellbound’

Day 10 Fave character - Maybe Jeong Jin in ‘Come to the Witch’s Diner’. Nam Ji Hyun is always a fantastic actress, and she took this role and gave her moral complexity and made me want to get to know her. Plus, she could possibly grant me a wish that I need if not that I want. Or Jo Yeon Joo in ‘One the Woman’. She is a one woman tour de force.

Day 11 Weirdest makeup/clothes - Historical C-dramas. Royal or noble attire in Korean sageuks can be colorful with all that jade and beaded hats and colorful robes. HOWEVER, every time I take a peek at a historical c-drama with the flowing robes and fantasy elements, I’m in awe.

Day 12 Guilty pleasure - Probably ‘Let Me Be Your Knight’. It really shouldn’t be so good! I can’t believe I’m watching an idol drama.

Day 13 Drama I dropped - So many this year! Really, too numerous to name.

Day 14 Actor I discovered - Tang Joon Sang - He was one of my fave characters in CLoY, then he hurt my heart in both good and bad ways in Racket Boys. Actually, if there is a category for favorite cast, 'Racket Boys' would totally have my vote for best cast!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

D-11 Hmm this wasn't exactly in the show but this was Lee Do Hyun's outfit for Melancholia press con....hmmm what was the stylist thinking.

Spoiler

FDKhmufVUAAMYoe?format=jpg&name=large

D-12 Ahh ...mmmm....every drama with my oppa in it is guilty pleasure. kkkkk

I would say all my Lee Jun Young binge watches ( Please Don't Date Him, Imitation) but cdrama Once We Got Married with its the insane chemistry  between the leads would be my ultimate pick. Ths plot is most predictable and there were plenty of tropes but yet I look forward to every single episode.  Must thank @Mousefor opening the thread. 

FGaVQxZVkAAnEvx?format=jpg&name=medium

D-13 I rarely drop dramas ....but I didn't finish Witch's Diner & Jirisan , both of which I know are quite popular here. I don't think they were bad dramas but I think when I have plenty of dramas and oppas competing for my time, sadly they become casualties  of my drama fatigue. But  sometimes, I will go back and pick up a drama again later on . So I may still finish them . It took me a year to finish Dr Stranger ( with Lee Jung Suk) back in those days.. because it was such a cray cray show.  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Day 15 Best Chemistry

Best Chemistry Romantic - the couple that comes to mind this year is Ga Doo Shim (Kim Sae Ron) and Na Woo Soo (Nam Da Reum) in 'Superior Shaman Ga Doo Shim'. They were so cute together and really seemed to demonstrate that they had a bond that was soul deep. Especially given the brief episode count and the brief length of each episode, they demonstrated a growth of feeling for each other and an eventual willingness to have each other's backs against aggressors both human and demon.

Honorable mentions - Yi Hyun and Sae Bom in 'Happiness' ; Ik Joon and Song Hwa in 'Hospital Playlist'

Best Chemistry Non-Romantic - Haenam Seo Middle School Boys Badminton Team - Yoon Hae Kang (Tang Joon Sang), Bang Yoon Dam (Son Sang Yeon), Na Woo Chan (Choi Hyun Wook), Lee Yong Tae (Kim Kang Hoon), and Jung In Seol (Kim Min Ki) were fantastic together whether they were bonding or bickering.

Honorable Mention: Cast of 'Taxi Driver'

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
On 12/13/2021 at 2:24 AM, mademoiselle said:

What's that half moon thing behind him? A weapon?

Yeah, that's part of his weapon. :lmao2:

Day 13: A Drama I Dropped -- I dropped a lot of dramas on a regularly basis but the two dramas well loved by JH, I ended up dropping, Vincenzo and You Are My Glory. :psweatduck:

Day 14: An Actor/Actress I Discovered -- Ren Jialun

OAO-14v3.gif

Day 15: Best Chemistry -- Rattan Couple (Romantic) and Our Times Brothers (Non-Romantic)

Rattan - Zhang Binbin and Jing Tian

24ddf0584c95370c55732123a43bb200b06573f7

(Credit)

Our Times - Wu Lei and Hou Minghao 

OT-05v2.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Dec 14 - Deng Wei, Pan Meiyi, Xu Kaichen, Chen Xiaoyun, Liu Haikuan

Dec 15 - Yang Mi and Wang Sen, as foster siblings 🙂

Dec 16 - Too many! 😅

Posting 17th and 18th in advance:

Dec 17 - Can I name an actress instead? 🤔

Dec 18 - Eternal Love and Eternal Love of Dream, mainly due to back-reading the novels for cross-reference, the new novella that serves as closure for Pillow Book, and the new 3L3W book Where Step Goes, Lotus Blooms. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Dec 14 - Deng Wei, Pan Meiyi,

YESSSSSSSSS! My two favs from Miss the Dragon. :heart:

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Dec 17 - Can I name an actress instead? 🤔

Of course!! I created this drama challenge card and sometimes I don't even follow the prompt accurately. HAHAHAHA!! :psweatduck:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1