May It Please The Court 변론을 시작하겠습니다 [2022]

abs-oluteM

@40somethingahjumma  I am only half-way through eps 7, and I already marvel at how the writer is connecting all the dots for us but is still not telling us everything. This is good story telling.  The revelations about Chak Hee's father being a reporter answered my earlier question about why he had a notice board / mind map of all the main characters.  CH may have felt abandon , but I think he went to jail right? Trying to recall the details. And my gosh , the chef is Si Baek's brother! Didn't see that coming. It was very sad how he tried to "kill himself" - perhaps in his mind over & over this is how he wants to kill the baddies. Oh is he the killer? Seeing all the knots....hmmmm

But I really love that CH is trying to right the wrongs she made in the past. I don't think she can ever go back to working for Jang. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

And that hug... why? Don't do this to us Show if you're not going to do anything with that! *still traumatized by Little Women*

There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance. There will be no romance.

:laugh:....this show sure knows how to tease us.

Fe8y6aKUYAAHJhO?format=jpg&name=large

Fe8zK_SVUAELX0f?format=jpg&name=large

Am all caught up. The explanation for the DNA on the tapes used at Yoon's murder was because SB must have touched them while at his brother's dumpling place. I believe the brother is link to this. Could he be using the amnesic guy to carry out the killings? He kind of instigated him in the latest episodes to do what he wants.

More than the killer , I am keen to know what the old man did to SB's father. The old man definitely has plenty of skeletons in his closet. His granddaughter already hinted at the sort of person he is, and the disgust that SB had at shaking his hands is very telling . I believe SB had been looking for an opportunity to get close to the Jangs. Though I am not sure what SB intends to do but the conversation between the brothers after SB accepted the offer to help GD's campaign means that the brothers have some sort of vendetta against them. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

And my gosh , the chef is Si Baek's brother! Didn't see that coming.

I totally missed that!

What I got is:

- The chef's wife = woman that Jang Gi Do loved

- JDG said that Si Baek has her eyes, Si Baek visited the woman's grave = I thought SB is her son?

JGD reminds me of Lee Chang Joon (Stranger). He has a reason to run for political office, there is something he wants to do. I wouldn't be surprised if it is revenge for the woman and related to the deaths.

But the killer seems to be a younger man, from the way he moves, his strength. So I would take JGD and the Chef out as the ones who did the actual deed.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Chocolate oh maybe the Chef is the brother in law.  The nurse ( his wife) is the sister ? I need to rewatch that bit. 

Edit : I check Asian Wiki & the chef has a different surname. So I think it’s likely that the nurse is SB’s sister since GD says they look alike . But ok can also be mum . Pls don’t tell me SB is GD’s illegitimate son ? :poliWeird: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Pls don’t tell me SB is GD’s illegitimate son ?

Haha, I thought that too. It would be a good twist.

But the policewoman tested both of their DNAs with the tape from a murder scene, and it must not show they are relatives. Otherwise surely someone would have mentioned. Or could it be that you need to test their DNAs against each other? Hmmm.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I don't know whether I have to scream or not to myself for starting a mystery drama when it hasn't almost finished airing because I got frustrated myself with curiosity. :PikaWutS:

SB and the dumpling chef are indeed suspicious and probably fit to be the serial killer because of their animosity against all the victims so far. Other than that the victims were evil people and deserved to be punished for their crime, there must be something that the victims plus GD did 30 years ago that might have resulted in the death of the supposed wife / sister in law / sister (?) / or even mother ??? (Now I never thought of this before reading @Chocolate and @abs-oluteMposts. Please don't go that way drama) i don't know if the said brother is even related by blood. They might adopted eachother when they were in the orphanage or something. And what's with the old super granny who seemed to have dementia or Alzheimer symptoms that keep waiting for her son that hasn't grown up a first grader boy 30 years ago.. my head hurts trying to think and connect the dot :BulbaConfused:

Romance our main lead.. the sparks and the moment are there. But I'm afraid they just gonna tease us until the end. :nervous: @SilverMoonTea my expert sister in finding out about the ship. What are you thinking about the probability us getting any advance in romance department? Will we get something or have to suffer from the line? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

6 hours ago, LaLa said:

Romance our main lead.. the sparks and the moment are there. But I'm afraid they just gonna tease us until the end. :nervous: @SilverMoonTea my expert sister in finding out about the ship. What are you thinking about the probability us getting any advance in romance department? Will we get something or have to suffer from the line? 

I don't know why but to me, they're seems to be a couple with smell of tragedy that wrapped in the comedy at first, just to trick us and lead us the way to misery. I already boarded to this Titanic ship anyway.

I also can't really link the dot, but Sibaek seems to have his own heavy and dark past that connected to Jang's family. The grandfather that Chakhee love so much might be the source of his pain. And suspected it's also the same person that Yiyeon mentioned too. 

With Sibaek's confession at end of episode 8 and all his suspicious behaviour, it's quite make sense that he's the killer, and the dumpling team could be his accomplice. I still thinking when he followed Chakhee in the rainy days, he seems to know something about Mr Cho's pervert behaviour. It's not just because he saw him hit her in the court. And I also felt he had lost some woman that dear to him, as when he mentioned about his brother's pain, his eyes seems to be saying that it's his instead. 

Pretty sure Chakhee will need to defend him in the court, eventhough it's not now. I will be glad that there is someone out of sudden come out as the murderer and not Sibaek. Or that he might just trying to protect the dumpling team, and they're the real deal. In any case, let's just prepare our heart. 

And it's Disney Plus. They're known to give unclear ending too? *cough* Grid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I also can't really link the dot, but Sibaek seems to have his own heavy and dark past that connected to Jang's family. The grandfather that Chakhee love so much might be the source of his pain

The video that I got from dark site, the sub pointed out that when young grandpa gave money to little SB and he asked who grandpa was, the sub said he was the friend of his father, Mr Kim. I wonder if Si Baek changed his identity when he grew up ? From what the character said he didn't say anything about Mr Kim, yet the sub was pointed out differently. I wonder if it's just a mistake or the subber unknowingly gave a spoiler? Didn't the director of the orphanage surname was Park? Or does Grandpa do really know about SB birth father? And related with the army or even war? Because of the same wrist watch they have?

Or I might just have imagined it, if it's turned out a sub malfunction part from my dark site source. :pandaheadstomp:

If I remembered correctly, the said woman who was related with SB, dumpling chef and GD was named Eun Hee Soo. And after SB had dinner with old super granny, the camera pointed out at the store name that almost gone but the first 2 character Eun h.. I wonder if it's Eun Hee or another name ? :thinking:

I already boarded to this Titanic ship anyway

:cry: so there's no possibility for a good results then? 

• Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Wow... what a way to end Episode 8 !

Indeed.

I don't know why but to me, they're seems to be a couple with smell of tragedy that wrapped in the comedy at first, just to trick us and lead us the way to misery. I already boarded to this Titanic ship anyway.

This is quite poetic 😂

7 minutes ago, LaLa said:

If I remembered correctly, the said woman who was related with SB, dumpling chef and GD was named Eun Hee Soo. And after SB had dinner with old super granny, the camera pointed out at the store name that almost gone but the first 2 character Eun h.. I wonder if it's Eun Hee or another name ?

That's a really good catch! At that time, I assumed it was the name of the old woman.

yYRiSdA.png

So, everyone is related in some way...

Grandpa looks like such a nice man now. But with little SB, he was like a slimy gangster plus Yiyeon hates him. So is he the ultimate bad guy who has turned over a new leaf? CH would be most hurt at the end I think.

I think I wasn't paying attention at this part. Was Yiyeon assaulted? By who? Is that the reason she hates her father because he surprised the news of her assault and didn't help her catch the perpetrator?

xJDrU8Q.png

The way they kept flashing the watch, I thought it was some $3 for 10 watches kind of deal 😂

hT409VS.png

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

@LaLa @Chocolate @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @40somethingahjumma 

what do you think about this? Maybe the romance will sink like the Titanic. It seems like Chak Hee remembered seeing something shocking on that drunken night and her crying is not a good sign ...

Disney + just released this

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

what do you think about this? Maybe the romance will sink like the Titanic.

Yeah when you first boarded the ship, you should check the passenger first. If you see me on the name list, you might want to run for your life :laugh:

Spoiler

Felt SB's eyes always look so sad. And I felt he's not even try to flirt with her. He just sincerely want to protect her. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

20 hours ago, Chocolate said:

That's a really good catch! At that time, I assumed it was the name of the old woman

From that shot alone, I thought the name at the signboard was Eun Ha instead of Eun Hee like the sub points. Cause the mark that was left didn't indicate there's any previous sign of words 희 but 하 .. Although I might have mistaken it too.. 

20 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I think I wasn't paying attention at this part. Was Yiyeon assaulted? By who? Is that the reason she hates her father because he surprised the news of her assault and didn't help her catch the perpetrator?

She attacked a police officer when she was drunk and need to pay the fine. GD here was asked to look for the culprit who leaked the assault case to the assemblyman Park prior to their meeting. His shady deal with the deceased Yoon was done by his own wife, Ha Ran. But both didn't know who leaked the info about Yi Yeon case. I suspect, if the serial killer is really SB, it might be him. 

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

what do you think about this? Maybe the romance will sink like the Titanic. It seems like Chak Hee remembered seeing something shocking on that drunken night and her crying is not a good sign ...

Disney + just released this

I think she saw something when she woke up at night. And the way SB keeps saying I'm sorry I'm sorry for several times.. well yeah maybe she saw something that really changed her perspective about the serial murder case. 

But you know, if the culprit can easily killed his last 3 victims, I wonder why he let the chief police to stay alive? Well he's in coma but still, he's not dead. And from his reaction for opening the door, the culprit is really someone he knew well enough. If it's SB, he would scream or threaten no? Since he already ordered to put a tail for SB and even saw his face during the car chase. :thinking:

@SilverMoonTeayes he's not flirting and we can't really see his eyes because he really mask it very well..

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:56 PM, LaLa said:

I wonder why he let the chief police to stay alive?

Maybe it's because of the appeal Chak Hee is filing to re-open the investigation on the incident between the police chief and her client? If Si Baek was the killer, this might explained why he left the police chief alive? 

BUT....Si Baek cannot be the killer, right?! :letalQQ:

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I have to wait until tomorrow to watch the rest, but excited to see what happens!

I was more likely frustrated because we still need another week to see the complete conclusion of the drama. While the spoiler from @abs-oluteM about the last filming did indeed contain spoilers, well knowing how the production usually filming their scenes not always in orderly manner, we won't know until we see it ourselves... 

IF either of you got the mention but haven't watched the two episodes, don't read what I wrote bellow about my thoughts for ep 9 and 10... Hit back button and be back again later...

Still continue reading? Well then take a peak because mostly what I wrote is a rant and rambling :GrowDerp:

------

Okay so the poker or wall face of SB, we can't really know what he's thinking or feeling unless he openly showed it. He really masked it very well. His smile never reached his eyes really. But I do see that he's sincere enough when he's dealing with his clients, granny at the super and with CH. Other than that, I couldn't read him at all. So when he said he's the culprit, then said it's a lie later on, I couldn't know whether it's the truth or he really willing to take all the blame and hide the real culprit. But when he nonchalantly said the way Chairman Jang was killed, I wonder if he's really the one who did it this time. The other attacked against the 4 people was probably not him, but he might did something because he got a bone to pick with Chairman Jang, since he really looked disgusted when he had to shake hands with him before at the orphanage. 

My suspicions about super granny lose her memories about something seems to be true. When she didn't recognize KD when SB questioned her about the possibility of him winning the election. I wonder who was her missing child. Was it really a boy or perhaps instead it was a girl? And how long did SB and granny actually knew each other? :thinking:

KD the heartless and cruel man didn't even felt any sadness when he found out how tragically his father was murdered. He was enraged because his plan to be an assemblyman would be fallen through because of that. He tried to mask it as a death of natural causes, blame another innocent (or maybe not so innocent) man and killed him later, so that his election would be smooth. I wonder if he really knew who was the real culprit or whether he ordered all of the attack against the 4 people? He just didn't expect his father murder happened before he become the assemblyman. 

About chairman Jang evil deeds. Did perhaps he and CH grandma quarreled that ended up her falling from the stairs? YY seemed to have a flashback about it when she visited the vacation house. If it's true, why would she didn't tell it to CH? And is CH father also knew the truth about his own mother death but not reveal it to CH? But why? Because she's taken under the Jang family wing? Because of his past that he had to leave her behind? I mean, because of this, actually the real victim that didn't even realized her life was being played is CH. Chairman Jang might treated her good because of his guilt.. KD got his own agenda and clearly used CH during her time as the lawyer in Jangsan. And whether she knowingly agreed to it or not, CH did indeed become a lapdog of Jangsan while taking care of the dirty deeds. Somehow I kind of feel grateful then she can be freed when she was sent to be a public defender.  

And about the dumpling shop owner and the amnesiac man. If what were revealed in near the end of ep 10 was actually all the truth, then amnesiac man was somehow got his mind brainwashed and he followed the directions or orders from the owner to kill those people. I couldn't really figured out who was the man that got tortured in the past by when the amnesiac man whose actually used to be a police officer himself, but it's kinda look alike the shop owner somehow. Police chief clearly knew all things happened in the past and all victims was actually part of the gang tortured. 

I need ep 11 and 12.. and maybe.. who knows that even if the ship can't sail, maybe it won't be like Titanic where the man was drowned and the woman stayed alive for quite some time.. :pandahehe:

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

29 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@LaLa I didn’t read your summary yet , but did you see this ?

Ohh there's a preview.. I wonder why Disney+ didn't put preview at the end of episodes..

Rough trans

CH: Shin Chi Shik. There's an accomplice. Jwa Si Baek planned it and his accomplice did the deed. 

Man: Jwa Si Baek was already dead. When he was still a first grader in the elementary (Oh my so SB took the name of the dead son of super granny?) 

CH: If you are not Jwa Si Baek, then who the hell are you? (Her inner monologue while thinking about SB)

CH : Why the person that you call as older brother is named Shin Chi Shik.. I still couldn't find it (the reason? The truth?)

CH: I wouldn't be fooled twice. I will put you under a death sentence..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Just finished ep.9. I am going to call it first before going into ep.10. SB is not the killer of grandpa. The killer is wearing shoes with laces, and jacket that has elastic cuffs. Whereas SB is wearing shoes w/o laces and the sleeves of his jacket just plain flat. 

So sad for CH though. No matter how evil the old man is, he has shown love to CH and she naturally felt such loss. I really wonder what evil deeds the grandpa did that even his own granddaughter doesn’t care about him dying, even wishing a horrible death for him. 

But I don’t think the killing of the first 3 victims are done by the same person though. I think they’re separate cases from grandpa’s death. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

This is so good... I also cannot wait for ep.11-12 to air! I want to know what happened that leads to all these. 

22 hours ago, LaLa said:

I couldn't really figured out who was the man that got tortured in the past by when the amnesiac man whose actually used to be a police officer himself, but it's kinda look alike the shop owner somehow.

I am pretty sure it is the shop owner. I slowed it down and paused the scene. 

22 hours ago, LaLa said:

I wonder who was her missing child. Was it really a boy or perhaps instead it was a girl? And how long did SB and granny actually knew each other?

Now that there is the preview, my current guess is that SB is the actual son (or grandson) of granny. He took the identity of SB in order to hide for his life, and maybe to exact this revenge? SB is definitely related to the nurse since it was mentioned he has her eyes. Mother or sister? Not sure. That made the dumpling store owner his father/BIL. Him confessing to the murder might not necessarily mean to protect the owner but more to mess up JKD’s plan of covering up the real reason of grandpa’s death. SB wants JKD evilness to be revealed. What exactly is that, I have no idea... SB couldn’t be related to JKD, because both have their DNA tested, although not directly against each other. Maybe, the resto owner was tortured because he married the love of JKD? So the gang tortured him for fun on behalf of JKD? Crime of passion? I am sounding rather makjang here 😆😂

More guesses. Grandpa is killed because he was the one who killed Nurse Choi, (seen as a hindrance to JKD?) and CH’s grandma saw it, so she was killed as well...?? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 10/20/2022 at 1:31 PM, LaLa said:

KD the heartless and cruel man didn't even felt any sadness when he found out how tragically his father was murdered. He was enraged because his plan to be an assemblyman would be fallen through because of that. He tried to mask it as a death of natural causes, blame another innocent (or maybe not so innocent) man and killed him later, so that his election would be smooth.

I think JGD had a relatively decent relationship with his father so he felt shock and sadness. That's why he laid down next to his dead father in the bedroom. But he also has a plan and in his mind, he knows he cannot let the death affect his campaign. Thus, the manipulation of the cause of death.

I had been reserving judgement whether KD was really bad or just doing what needed to be done to achieve his aim (whatever that may be). But since he framed and murdered someone else for his father's death, I have to accept he is a villian.

On 10/20/2022 at 1:31 PM, LaLa said:

I wonder if he really knew who was the real culprit

JGD mentioned very early on, to find Lee Dong Pil. That was after the 1st murder. Now we know, the drowning was a signature method of LDP. So I think he suspected, but could not prove, especially as he was told LDP had died. He may also be wondering about motive, since the people who died were presumably all in the same "gang" as LDP.

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Him confessing to the murder might not necessarily mean to protect the owner but more to mess up JKD’s plan of covering up the real reason of grandpa’s death. SB wants JKD evilness to be revealed.

Agree.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I had been reserving judgement whether KD was really bad or just doing what needed to be done to achieve his aim (whatever that may be). But since he framed and murdered someone else for his father's death, I have to accept he is a villian.

Same here. Been hoping he is not our villain. It seems that he is working towards his aim (legislative, presidential) more to prove himself to his father, who is now dead. As he still want to obtain the lapel to show it off at his funeral. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up killing himself after all is said and done by him. His father might have pressured (guilt-trip) him to success, including removing people he loves, so he felt the need to just prove it to his father to make those sacrifices mean something, and that’s it for him. Since the beginning of the drama, I get the impression that he has things weighing on his mind. Not the power hungry kind to take advantage of it. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

My jumbled thoughts:

1. Why/how did Eun Hee die?
  2. Why is the Chef (using Lee Dong Pil) killing these men?
  3. How is Si Baek involved in this? (Did he plot together? It would seem so because he was playing chess with Chairman Jang when he was drugged and later killed. Or is that just editing? He knows of the plot but cannot stop it?)
  4. Is Jang Gi Do targeted by the Chef/Si Baek? If so, why? The only thing I can think of is he is the cause of Eun Hee's death.

- From Lee Dong Pil's flashback, there were 4 men sitting around eating and smoking. These are the 4 men who have died, including Chairman Jang. LDP was trying to drown the Chef. (It's no wonder that the relationship between the Chef and the man with amnesia seemed strange - on one hand, he was "helping" him and yet you could sense a little animosity there too.)

- Why was LDP trying to down the Chef? Is it really as simple as Chairman Jang trying to remove him because his son likes the same woman? It seems more possible that Chairman Jang didn't approve of the woman and so JGD had to give her up, and she married the Chef. Is there a more sinister reason?

- The Chef says that LDP did all the killing earlier. But he himself has to do the last one. Is he saying that he must kill LDP or kill JGD?

- The flashback is at least 20+ years ago. Chairman Jang was the age when he met Si Baek as a child - where he said he is his SB's father's friend. Who is SB's father?

- JGD says Si Baek has the same eyes has Eun Hee. So we assumed they are mother/son or siblings. This should be fairly confirmed right? Otherwise there is no reason for Si Baek's involvement.

- We thought Eun Hee and the provision shop grandmother could be related, because of the signboard. However, if Si Baek's identity is stolen, then he is not really related to Eun Hee, or Eun Hee is not related to the grandmother, or the signboard has no meaning lol. (Are you all as confused as I am now? 😆)

- Chak Hee also mentioned that the Chef's dumplings tastes just like her grandmother's. There must be a connection here too. What is it? Is her grandmother and Chef related?

- Why was the Chef cooking at Chairman Jang's house? Does Chairman Jang not recognise him as a man they tried to drown years ago?

- Chak Hee saw something in the bathroom when she was drunk and at Si Baek's house. What did she see?

Arghhh!

• Haha 2