[K-Artist] Lee Jong Suk 이종석

Name                  : Lee Jong Suk - 이종석

Born                   September 14, 1989

Education           : Konkuk University

Profession          : Actor, model and MC

Agency               : A-Man Project

Years active       : 2005 – Present

Social media      : Daum ~ Instagram

Lee Jong Suk debuted in 2005 as a runway model, becoming the youngest male model ever to participate in Seoul Fashion Week. In television, his breakout role was in School 2013, and has been steadily gaining recognition until today.

Lee Jong Suk majored in Professional Motion Pictures and Art at Konkuk University and graduated from the university in 2016.

Lee Jong Suk is close friends with fellow model-actor and School 2013 co-star Kim Woo-bin, whom he has known since their modelling days

Currently, the actor is on his mandatory military service that began since March 8, 2019. Lee Jong Suk is expected to be discharged on January 2, 2021.

• Like 3

Filmography

Dramas

TBA Jade Lover as Bai Luohan
2019 Romance Is a Bonus Book as Cha Eun-ho
2018 The Hymn of Death as Kim Woo-jin
2017 While You Were Sleeping as Jung Jae-chan
2016 Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo - Cameo as Lee Jong Suk
2016 W - Two Worlds as Kang Chul
2016 Gogh, The Starry Night  - Cameo as Song Dae-ki
2016 7 First Kisses - Web Series as Lee Jong-suk
2014 Pinocchio as Choi Dal-po / Ki Ha-myung
2014 Doctor Stranger as Park Hoon
2013 Potato Star 2013QR3 - Cameo as Lee Jong Suk
2013 I Can Hear Your Voice as Park Soo-ha
2012 School 2013 as Go Nam-soon
2012 My Prettiest Moments - Drama Special as Yoon Jung-hyuk
2011 High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged as Ahn Jong-suk
2010 Secret Garden as Han Tae-sun
2010 Prosecutor Princess as Lee Woo-hyun

Movies

2017 V.I.P as Kim Gwang-il
2014 Hot Young Bloods as Kang Joong-gil
2013 The Face Reader as Kim Jin-hyeong
2013 No Breathing as Jeong Woo-sang
2012 R2B: Return to Base as First Lieutenant Ji Seok-hyun
2012 As One as Choi Kyung-sub
2010 Ghost as Baek Hyun-wook
2005 Sympathy as Lee Han-sol

• Like 3

Discography

Music video appearances

2016 "Love is" - Davichi

2015 "My Valentine" - Jung Yup

2012 "Lost" - Nicole Jung

2011 "Don't Play Around" - Chi Chi

2009 "I Don't Care" - 2NE1

Soundtrack appearances

2017 While You Were Sleeping OST

Do You Know

Come To Me

MC appearances

2012 Inkigayo - SBS

• Like 3

Ok, my second oppa, I have to be here. 😛 

Nothing new but an interesting read for those who wish to know him a bit better:

K-Drama Star Lee Jong Suk Suffers From Scopophobia, Considers it His Worst Enemy

https://www.ibtimes.sg/k-drama-star-lee-jong-suk-suffers-scopophobia-considers-it-his-worst-enemy-46839

Lee Jong Suk has fear of attention. Here is why the actor is always seen wiping off his sweat in public, quite often

Can't wait for him to come back from military. I am starting to miss him (and I bet I will go crazy when he comes back, aaalmost the way I did with KSH *sigh*).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

Only a couple of more months before Lee Jong Suk is back from his mandatory military service! However, since he wasn't deemed fit for active service, he's been working as a public service worker. I wonder if he'll have the choco abs that guys returning from the military have? Then again, LJS was pretty shy about stripping off anyway, so not sure we would get a glimpse of them even if he does have them when he is back.

Anyway, his agency must be getting offers already for projects for him as soon as he's back. I wonder if he's even started considering anything yet, or if he's just focused on finishing off his service well. Haven't heard he's considering anything as yet.

While we wait, posting a video of his kissing scene with Han Hyo Joo in "W" here, because it was seriously one of the hottest kissing scenes in a drama. Also, I remember translating the BTS of that scene, and both HHJ and LJS seemed affected by the kiss as well even when the cameras stopped rolling.

What are some favorites from other fans of LJS? Please share as we wait out the final months before he returns!

• Heart Eyes 1
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Still wondering whether he's developed those military abs.

I read that he did public service instead after tested being unfit to serve the usual military so unlikely to have military abs. Can you confirm, please?

Edit: I've checked Wikipedia → it says "Lee began his mandatory military service on March 8, 2019. Lee was deemed unfit to enlist as an active duty soldier as a result of going through a car accident when he was 16 and tore his anterior cruciate ligament. Therefore, he is confirmed to work as a public service officer. Lee is expected to be discharged on December 31, 2020."

He'll cameo in the movie The Witch 2. But movie will take forever for us to see so hopefully he decides on a drama soon. I can't wait to see him back on the small screen.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle, I know that he worked as a public service worker rather than as an active soldier. However, some of those public service roles can also be labor intensive. In the photos of him being back, he's definitely filled out some. LJS actually had abs before which he's flashed, e.g. in his movie 'No Breathing', but wondered if he's going to come back being more manly like so many of his peers. Maybe not, since he was still basically a civilian despite the public service. We'll see.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@mademoiselle, I know that he worked as a public service worker rather than as an active soldier. However, some of those public service roles can also be labor intensive. In the photos of him being back, he's definitely filled out some. LJS actually had abs before which he's flashed, e.g. in his movie 'No Breathing', but wondered if he's going to come back being more manly like so many of his peers. Maybe not, since he was still basically a civilian despite the public service. We'll see.

I remember those time. He toned up his body just for No Breathing. In the latter episodes of IHYV, all of a sudden his arms became more toned, hehe. I still kept those pics. :heart: I remember him expressing disliking body-building, curious to see whether he has changed his mind.

One more update:

EquKGSVVEAEkEeR?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 6:10 PM, mademoiselle said:

I need this boy to get a haircut...

He's probably just happy that he is able to grow his hair out rather than wearing a mandated short haircut. LOL

Also, this popped up on my YT suggestions.

It's from a Korean variety program called The Return of Superman and is a show that explores fathers taking care of their children and the relationships that the fathers build with them. Anyway, Yoon Sang Hun is one of the fathers this season with his 3 children. The children dress up in their hanboks for Lunar New Year and bow to their father. YSH then video calls Uncle Jong Suk and has his children bow to him. LJS rather shyly says that it's the first time he's received such greetings as a samchon before.  Given how young LJS is, that's probably very true.

The clip goes into the background of how YSH and LJS became friendly. They met while filming the drama Secret Garden where LJS plays a prodigy rebel music producer who also has a crush on YSH's Oska. LJS's scenes were brief but very memorable. Three years later, they then filmed the drama I Can Hear Your Voice with Lee Bo Young where YSH and LJS play rivals for LBY's affections, though the bromance is strong for the two men.

Now, YSH is happy that LJS is back from his compulsory service and teasing him a little as well as saying that they'll have to meet in person this year. LSJ is rather sweet and adorable as well, and has some sweet words for YSH's children. It's hilarious that YSH's young son actually hangs up the call on LJS once he's done talking to him, though.

Anyway thought I would share this to the thread because of the sweetness overload. No subtitles, and I don't have time right now to write up a translation, but it's still a cute clip.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...