Single Inferno 솔로지옥 [2021-22-23]

Single Inferno 

AAAABc-Ky-IK6-CKn-T0-KJg-St-JMRWAk-Dha-O

Stranded and ready to mingle, flirty singles search for love on a deserted island, they can only escape as couples for romantic date nights in paradise. 

Native Title: 솔로지옥
Also Known As: Solo Hell , Sollojiog
Genres: Romance
Tags: Island, Super Junior, Dating Show, Multiple Couples, Competition, Reality Show 
Type: TV Show
Episodes: 8
Aired: Dec 18, 2021 - Jan 8, 2022
Aired On: Saturday
Original Network: jTBC Netflix
Duration: 60 min.
Content Rating: 15+ - Teens 15 or older

20211229-190930.jpg

Participants Details :

20211229-223844.jpg
cto

Spoiler

• Like 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I grew up watching The Bachelorette, so this Asian version is surely more interesting and more tamed down 😅. The concept is rather similar but I like this one better. I guess dating itself already difficult, and your dating experience become a national show is on another level for me. And I think the feeling of not being choosen also a bit sad. 

The jury so fun, KH and LDH really a looker. And the tomboy actress also super funny. 

still-03-crop-tile.jpg

still-01-crop.jpg

The participants basically almost all enterpreneur, model, fitness trainer, youtuber haha... They can't reveal age and occupation, until they become matched to couple. The succesful couple can stay together 1 day in hotel before going back to island. And the next day they can't make into same couple to go to hotel. 

The girls, Ji Ah and Ji Yeon are the most famous with those men. And this is why the show become controversial. Because those guy liking white, pure girls hahaha.... I guess it's korean beauty standard. The guys side, I think Sihun and Sehun both quite good looking. Both of them make me remember of Ahn Bo Hyun and Jang Ki Yong. But Sehun character a bit overwhelming actually. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My BFF loves these reality shows so she makes me watch it with her. Hahaha! 

So far, I feel bad for Se Hoon. He is trying so hard but the girl just doesn't like him. He seems very nice and helpful, but I have to admit, some of his conversations with the girl he likes were a bit boring to watch. Hahaha! 

When you see everyone get paired up and you are not picked, that must hurt. Se Hoon and Yea Won are always last. Granted, Yea Won finally get picked later on, but it feels like it was because the guy knew the girls he liked wouldn't pick him so he went with her instead. 

• Like 2

@TofuYes YeaWon and Seo Yeon seems more natural and friendlier than those 2 pretty girls Ji Ah and Ji Yeon, the guys seems quite comfortable with them but they friendzoned them. 

Sihun also confused me, I thought he like Ji Ah, but at first day he choose Ji Yeon instead 😅. I think it might be because he think she's the safest bet, as she's clearly attracted to him. In the hotel with Jiyeon, he doesn't look so excited and seems a bit bored. But when 2nd day with Ji Ah, he's so into her and showing up too much of his card I think. I can't really read Ji Ah, but she seems more into HyeonJeong ? 

As of Sehoon, he seems friendly and nice if he's not so fixated to JiYeon. It's already bordering to creeper as he's really trying to hard when she's clearly not interested. And moral lesson learnt, you don't need to try so hard to win the game (the flag game). All you need is your charm to get into paradise? 😅

I also was like laughing when one of the guy saying, to survive alone already so hard, let alone dating? :laugh:It's exactly my thinking :lol:

Btw the goal is to make real life couple @Tofu? I heard JinTaek & So Yeon really become couple? 

• Clapping Hands 1

Si Hun said something along the lines of Ji Ah makes his heart flutter whereas Ji Yeon is a place of comfort. I think people usually go for those that pique their interest and maybe seem a bit unattainable too. I do have to say, he is a good listener. He remembers a lot of what the others have told him. 

Hahaha! Agreed with what you said about Se Hoon. At some point, you just have to cut your losses. She's shown multiple times that she's not into him. She even picked someone else for her second Paradise trip. He doesn't strike me as a dense type so hopefully, that's enough for him to understand.

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw the goal is to make real life couple @Tofu? I heard JinTaek & So Yeon really become couple? 

I think so but I don't think many of these relationships last. I watched Heart Signal with my BFF when it was airing and I don't think those couples worked out. Not many of the Bachelor and Bachelorette worked out too. Hahaha!

• Insightful 1
16 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Si Hun said something along the lines of Ji Ah makes his heart flutter whereas Ji Yeon is a place of comfort. I think people usually go for those that pique their interest and maybe seem a bit unattainable too. I do have to say, he is a good listener. He remembers a lot of what the others have told him. 

Yes he's attentive to both girls indeed. Poor Jiyeon, I think she likes him a lot. Lookwise actually they're the cutest pair for me. But like what you said I think human often go for unattainable person. Perhaps the chase is more interesting part then the dating itself. 

Think this pair still going strong, eventhough I worry for her 😅 

Spoiler

Well, she can just kickboxing him anytime I guess 😅

About JiA :

Spoiler

Actually she did say none of them are her type. And her closest one is HJ who's muscular and manly. The new guy might be strong candidate, as he's muscular and have dance background. Something they might have common ground together. 

Well Bachelor / Bachelorette still quite fine. What I never trully understand is Married at The First Sight show. This really need madness and 1000% bravery. Somehow it did work for some couple they really still married & have kids :laugh:

• Haha 1

@SilverMoonTea You really did your research on them. Hahaha!! 

I don't think Ji Ah will end up with Hyeon Joong, because they don't really match that well. 🤐

Your ideal person and who you match with may not be the same. That's why people should be more open minded. Haha! Those that are in it for the experience should just pick the person they are less likely to like and have fun. :lmao2:

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea 

Your ideal person and who you match with may not be the same.

I think the show showed us that love at the first sight might not working well lols.

Idk, don't you think stay in Inferno is better, rather than being with the 2nd choice or someone you're not comfortable with in hotel room (it's a bit claustrophobic) ? I think the glamping situation is not that bad, other than the 35°C problem 😂.

Btw I love the panelist group too. I think they make the show so much more fun. Kyuhyun's comment always spot on. And LDH is just so pretty. They all laugh together a lot and seems really enjoying the love life of others and the drama brought in from that 😅😆 Like what they said the friendship within the same gender already start to get affected I think. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think the glamping situation is not that bad, other than the 35°C problem

I like the look of everything but I am not a fan of the weather or the beach. They should have gone to the mountains. It could be a Law of the Jungle type dating show. :lmao2:

I think it's funny to see them bench press and do all that exercise routine at the beach. So committed, something I'm not familiar with. Haha! 

The panel is pretty good, a bit awkward together at times but I like their comments. LDH is very pretty. I hope she returns to dramaland soon. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle@abs-oluteM@JenL@Tofuinterested? It's quite juicy :lol:

@SnowBlobThis is the variety show type that I watch to kill time 😆 It must be scripted but it's still interesting. 

Hahahahaha, I avoid most reality TV especially when it's about singles on an island  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I could never stand The Bachelor or The Bachorlette or, in Australia, Farmer Wants a Wife :laugh:

But I can see this is your cup of tea *remembers you going crazy for Before We Married:smug:

• Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@SilverMoonTea Hahaha! That's probably a little too much for me. 

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I watched Transit Love another variety show. This one really sad... Cos the ex being included in the dating group. Even the panelist cry like a river...

This is bad if the ex still have feelings for the person -- who agrees to do these kind of shows?! :shocked2:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea Hahaha! That's probably a little too much for me. 

This is bad if the ex still have feelings for the person -- who agrees to do these kind of shows?! :shocked2:

Apparently there is 4 couples agree to do so. Some even a normal office worker. 1 couple totally already move on, as the breakup happened 10 yrs ago, the rest 3 couples so messy. The girls kept crying, the guys somewhat move on, only 1 guy still insist to be with ex (which happened to be not a good girl imo, she hanging him as backup). One more thing they can't reveal who's their exes are. 

• Shocked 1

@SilverMoonTea That sounds very stressful because if you are still in love with your ex, you wouldn't want to see your ex move on with someone else. Were some people still in love with each other? I will need to ask my BFF if she watched this. I don't remember her talking about it. :pandathink:

Tea, did you ever watch the Japanese show, Terrace House? 

• Insightful 1
44 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea That sounds very stressful because if you are still in love with your ex, you wouldn't want to see your ex move on with someone else. Were some people still in love with each other? I will need to ask my BFF if she watched this. I don't remember her talking about it. :pandathink:

Tea, did you ever watch the Japanese show, Terrace House? 

Yes it's indeed stressful, 2 girls need to retreat back to their home, as they have a major breakdown (all couples put in the dorm during filming). 

But I appreaciate this show more than Single Inferno, as the emotion is more raw, and you can emphatize with them more. They're more regular folks and less glitzy than SI. You can tell your BFF to watch, she might like it. 

Heard about it, but never seen TH, is that subbed? 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:47 AM, Tofu said:
On 12/29/2021 at 11:52 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I like the look of everything but I am not a fan of the weather or the beach. They should have gone to the mountains. It could be a Law of the Jungle type dating show. 

They will never have it up the mountain because no chance to show abs and bikinis :lmao2: which will reduce the viewership significantly. 

I did watch the first season of Bachelor/Bachelorette, because it was new and I am curious how it would play out. Now, not interested anymore to watch this kind of dating reality show. There was another show where the couples switch wives. I forgot the title, that was rather crazy too, lol. Not that they slept together, just the wife’s (and mother’s) roles around the house? 

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

22 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Bar hostess also a legal job isn't it ? 

I think the way it was written, he was someone who would do more than "hosting" for money. Haha! 

Was there new episodes this weekend? I'm a bit behind. My BFF was stuck at her in-laws so she didn't have time to check to see if I watched. Haha! 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I think the way it was written, he was someone who would do more than "hosting" for money. Haha! 

Was there new episodes this weekend? I'm a bit behind. My BFF was stuck at her in-laws so she didn't have time to check to see if I watched. Haha! 

Haha yes there is new episode of 5&6. But I'm kind of overload with romance from dating show for now 😅😂 

• Haha 1