Single Inferno 솔로지옥 [2021-22-23]

@SilverMoonTea I don't know why that's controversial because I don't see anything wrong with it. He has much darker skin tone than others so to him, maybe that emoji matched his skin color? 

Ok, I finally have time to watch the episodes from last week because my BFF is no longer busy and asked for updates on my status. HAHAHAHAHA!! Sigh. LOL!

The conversation between So Yeon and Se Hoon was so intense. In So Yeon's mind, she thought she was helping someone she cares for because she didn't want to see Se Hoon get his feelings hurt. But he took her kindness as she was telling him this because she was jealous that Jin Taek was going to paradise with someone else. I can understand both of their perspective but I think if they maintained a good relationship so far, there wasn't a need for Se Hoon to take the things So Yeon said in that kind of way. Nevertheless, it is a competition for people's heart so I'm sure emotions will run wild. :laugh:

I feel bad for Hyeon Joong. His BFF literally came and stole the girl he liked. HAHAHAHA! 

Ok, Tea, I will be back to add more comments because this ends this week and my BFF said I need to finish so she can talk about it with me tomorrow. :lmao2:

• Haha 2

@SilverMoonTea I skipped through about more than half of the last four episodes, haha! Everyone ended up with who you expected them to end up with. Even though Yea Won and Jin Suk default with each other, I think Yea Won was the most amusing person on the show. Her personality is really quirky and a bit out of this world, haha! 

I don't feel like anyone was particularly genuine, so I'm not invested in the end couples or pairings. Sometimes when I watch these with my BFF, I like some of the friendships that develop and I don't think I cared for any of those either. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
51 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea 

I don't feel like anyone was particularly genuine, so I'm not invested in the end couples or pairings.

You're right about it. I think this can be because of the setup itself, that you need to be paired up with more people to go to paradise. Beside they're all seems to be an enterpreneur looking for more screen time for themself, and for sure Ji Ah is now become very famous. 

I haven't continue this, I still have bad taste from Transit Love, I think that show somewhat have more genuine feelings that's why it's quite hard to forget.

• Like 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I watched this by accident as my mum was just watching this and ended up binging it with her. It was fun. I know a lot of guys liked Ji A but I am not sure why cause she felt very self conscious. Or rather she was always so made up and caught up in her looks, that I am not sure what she was like as a person. So Yeon was the most confident of the lot of girls and she dared speak her mind which was quite refreshing. Overall package , if I were a guy, I would probably go for Ji Yeon and Yea Won ( whom I think is a really chill sort of person) 

Most of the guys here looked pretty good but a number of them seem to lack personality. Which was why I ended up liking Se Hoon the most despite how intense it was at first, especially when Ji Yeon kept choosing other guys. I ended up liking his personality the best because he was clear about how he felt, was proactive and determined  and I could read him. And he isn't a flirt which I appreciated. (Jin Taek was a little shifty or too smooth for my liking.) 

So not surprising the couple that had the cutest and most interesting development for me was Se Hoon and Ji Yeon. She didn't seem interested at first but like a good kdrama she saw his virtues and I could see they came to really like each other at the end. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteMJi Ah is very famous Youtuber and she share a lot of diet, fashion tips etc. She's super nice to look at, but I agree with you, I'm not too sure what is her personality, and is she trying to collecting the guys only? 

Jiyeon is like your neighbourhood girl but seems quite smart and not naive despite looks like one. Really she choose Se Hoon? Not Si Hun? She's so attracted to Si Hun in beginning. But can tell Si Hun not so into her and more to Ji Ah. 

If I stranded there I think I will become friend with Yeawon or Soyeon. Both of them so honest and chill, doesn't seems to be the type who will play game. Eventhough they seems not the guy favourite and often get friendzoned instead. 

You reminded me to complete this haha... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMJi Ah is very famous Youtuber and she share a lot of diet, fashion tips etc. She's super nice to look at, but I agree with you, I'm not too sure what is her personality, and is she trying to collecting the guys only? 

Yes...I saw her YT channel...the exposure on this show increased her subscriber based exponentially.

Oh just realise you haven't finished. Yes the last two eps were fun.

The emcees too made me laugh - Lee DaHae and Kyunhyung's reactions were priceless. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Lee DaHae and Kyunhyung's reactions were priceless. 

They were!! I loved Kyuhyun's reaction where he covered half his face with the cue cards. :lmao2:

Yea Won and So Yeon were my two favorites too. I think the guys were a bit boring, like you both said. If I were on that island with them, I would have purposely picked the guy I knew wouldn't pick me so I can just hang out with Yea Won and So Yeon. :laugh:

• Haha 2

@abs-oluteM Same! Their chemistry is so strong and LOL at all the idols asking him why he didn't choose her. :laugh:

Yea Won has this positive energy that's very charming. I love how she's all like, "I'm stronger now after being dumped by Hyun Seung" :lmao2:

My BFF says the next reality dating show we have to watch together is Love is Blind: Japan. Will you watch it too? Hahaha! 

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81411891?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp&vlang=en&clip=81502231

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

My BFF says the next reality dating show we have to watch together is Love is Blind: Japan. Will you watch it too? Hahaha! 

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81411891?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp&vlang=en&clip=81502231

Oo let me know if it is good...I won't mind. Sounds like contract marriage sort of thing but with real people . LOL 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Aiyo my mum told me she cannot stand it anymore after two seasons. She says the drama is too much for her :laugh:

Oh okay I think this season is even more dramatic than those two predecessors.The coupling really got me confused lols, and they all really assertive and competitive in this season. But somehow I got quite attached and addicted watching them. Lookwise none really stand out actually. 

Ps If everything else fail you can just watch for the muscles... there is plenty... 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't realized you created this thread way back then. Hahaha!! 

The red flag man is supposedly a chaebol or comes from a wealthy family. Many of the girls knew that which is why he was so popular. 

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Haha I didn't remember too but we were chatting about S1 back then. For S2 I remember only briefly try few episodes and none of the contestants was impressive nor memorable. So I dropped it very fast. S3 got more witty characters, eventhough I suspect some events are highly scripted and not natural. Like for example there is one time all the girls give candy to one of the most unpopular guy in the island lols. (The guy is a cameo actor in My Demon, in paper he looks good, but his personality is rather strange. Or more like he just go there for vacationing and not get involved with the dating scenes lols -> it might be what we're going to do too if by chance we stuck in this kind of dating show 😆)

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha Gwan Hee is really the most exhausting character through all 3 seasons ... But somehow he seems to be also someone who wear his heart on his sleeve. @JenL what do you think of him? Also I think Hye Seon is pretty good at dechipering people pretty well. 

Hahaha I didn't know you started a whole thread on this show :laugh:

I was not a fan of Gwan Hee at all - he was a big man baby, but I suppose they needed someone to bring the entertainment and drama and Gwan Hee was good at being dramatic and talkative. I've never watched watched the other seasons so don't know how he weighs up compared to the other season's contestants. But he was definitely the most exhausting guy on the island. :smile:

As for Hye Soon, I think she was fun enough. I already got the sense that she was a very ambitious person from her discipline to maintain her body and her ability to do a very good course at a good uni. I feel like she was good at reading and dechipering people, but not sure if she that much chemistry with Gwan Hee? I don't know if I believed they actually liked each other more than friends...but I felt like she went for him coz, you know :pandatakeit: :laugh:

12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actually outside the show GH and SE have more chemistry even more than partner they choose in the show. 

There's a Taiwanese drama called 'At the Moment' on Netflix which I watched last year and the first episode is about these actors who end up on a reality show called 'New Tenants' (which reminds me of a spoof of 'Terrance House' ). In the show two of the actors pretend they're falling in love on the reality TV episodes to bring up the ratings, but in real life Gingle Wang's character is falling for another actor behind the scenes of the show. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case here :idk:

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

The red flag man is supposedly a chaebol or comes from a wealthy family. Many of the girls knew that which is why he was so popular. 

Yeah, I feel like everyone now knows Gwan Hee as rich. I think if he wasn' there, they would have gone for the more modelly looking guys :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yeah, I feel like everyone now knows Gwan Hee as rich. I think if he wasn' there, they would have gone for the more modelly looking guys :heiboi:

But I have to admit maybe girls purposely (conscious/unconsciously) liking red flag man, not necessarily just because of his money. Because you see the green flag guy like Minwoo / Minkyu or Woon Ik to be honestly felt pretty dull :laugh:like not much challenge to get to know them lols. Jiseok is still quite interesting because he's funny. But I also doubt Minyoung really like him or not.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

But I have to admit maybe girls purposely (conscious/unconsciously) liking red flag man, not necessarily just because of his money. Because you see the green flag guy like Minwoo / Minkyu or Woon Ik to be honestly felt pretty dull 

Hahahaha, not for me! I liked Minwoo and Minkyu. Did I like them because they were interestiing or because they were relatively hot compared to the others? That's a different question :laugh:

Woon Ik, I wasn't a fan of. But it might be because he was a Real Estate agent and I've hated dealing with them, so I got the ick from that :laugh: You could tell he was thick skinned because it was so obvious that the girl was not into him, but he still persisted :idk: Or at least he agreed to play that role, because pretty sure everything is heavily scripted :heiboi:

25 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Jiseok is still quite interesting because he's funny. But I also doubt Minyoung really like him or not.

Out of all the guys I liked Jin Seok the best because he was totally the best trash talker and I laughed so hard when he called out Ha Jeon for her flirty face :laugh: I actually think Min Young and Jin Seok had better chemistry than Gwan Hee and Hye Soon. At least their play arguing was funny/cute/ kinda reminds me of my friends even though Min Young was pretty annoying at the start.

And out of all the girls, I think I ended up liking Ha Jeong the best because she was pretty funny in the end and they gave her a 'one-sided romance' storyline which was relatable content :heiboi:

Who were your favourites @SilverMoonTea?

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

6 minutes ago, JenL said:

Who were your favourites @SilverMoonTea?

I think I also quite like Hajeong she's very witty and can outsmart everyone else. And she said she got normal office work. I found Jinseok fun to watch too, especially when he just gave up running because his knee pain 😅😆 But tbh the show won't be fun without the weird Gwan Hee there lols.

But yeah now that you mentioned about the chemistry between GH and HS, it rather odd. Like maybe he attracted to her soul but not so much physically? Idk... something felt off too for me. He and MJ had more chemistry tbh. 

This dating show setting is so competitive lols. I don't think I can survive or win any game there 😅 

• Haha 1

@JenL @SilverMoonTea I watched the first two seasons but I did not watch this season. In the second season, I was kind of tired of all the girls liking the same two guys. When I heard the same thing happened in this season, I didn't want to watch it. I've seen lots of clips and GH is nowhere near the emotional intelligence of the two guys in season two. In season two, even though the girls all liked the same two guys, the two guys were not indecisive about who they liked. Funny enough, one of the guy that was well liked in season two, is actually one of the commentator in season three -- Dex. I think he's the only person whose popularity blew up after going on this show. 

@JenL Season two had a really relatable one-sided romance too. It was even better that the guy who joined later paid all his attention to her. It was really nice to see her chose the second guy at the end and not the one she's liked for majority of the time she was there. I don't think their relationship blossom outside of the show, but they remain good friends. She's an actress and had a small role in The Glory. 

I hope that for the fourth season, they find more relatable people to participate. I think majority of the girls were in beauty pageants, weren't they? That's not the average Koreans, so it'll be nice if they focused more on that next time. However, I get it too. What kind of average Korean would want to be on a dating show like this? LOL! Most likely it's the people who are influencer who are interested. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, JenL said:

Woon Ik, I wasn't a fan of. But it might be because he was a Real Estate agent and I've hated dealing with them, so I got the ick from that :laugh: You could tell he was thick skinned because it was so obvious that the girl was not into him, but he still persisted :idk: Or at least he agreed to play that role, because pretty sure everything is heavily scripted :heiboi:

I like Woon Ik when he's not talking. The moment he spoke I lost all interest on him? Haha... He propose a strange game on the bathtub that was so random. He seems liking Si Eun so much that he barely can talk or see her eyes. With Hye Seon the conversation seems more flowing cos he seems comfortable with her. It irked me too that he won't give SE a break. I think SE really pretty irl, she's even prettier on the instagram than just on the tv screen. She seems have a nice and normal personality lols, might not be the most entertaining but I kinda warmed up to her. 

Idk many realtor agent, I knew one before and he was kinda quiet lols. He listed his grandma house for me to rent. He didn't informed before that there is a loan shark kept coming to ask for money lols. Idk why he wont paid that small money, he seems loaded. So yeah realtor agent guy often a bit fishy hahahaha....