It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

8 hours ago, Min86 said:

And also... MiL is expecting kids sometime soon...how she think that's going to work for them both when her son does not have a job and Yoo Na just started her, I have no idea.

This is so unrealistic, even if they were getting married for real. Neither SJ or YN are established in the fields they want to be in, and for YN to take time off to have a baby already would be disastrous for her.

8 hours ago, Min86 said:

I do like the main couple but would love more screen time for the eldest couple...at least as much as for the youngest. 

I wouldn't mind more time for the eldest couple. Frankly, they have the most chemistry, at least for now in the various story arcs.

8 hours ago, Min86 said:

t seems the new writer will be there until at least ep 22. So, let's see how the main couple deals with that. 

The twitter link you posted seems to have been taken down. I didn't realize that they were having writing staff changes. I do think that this drama seems to be struggling a bit to find its footing, especially for HJ-MR what with the style changes, etc.

Do you know of anything more?

• Like 3
12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

This is so unrealistic, even if they were getting married for real. Neither SJ or YN are established in the fields they want to be in, and for YN to take time off to have a baby already would be disastrous for her

It is, but the mom is either very naive or has been blinded by her favorite son and her own feelings for YooNa. 

I wouldn't mind more time for the eldest couple. Frankly, they have the most chemistry, at least for now in the various story arcs

There are ppl who think that she either looks much older or they don’t have any spark. I differ tbh. 

The twitter link you posted seems to have been taken down. I didn't realize that they were having writing staff changes. I do think that this drama seems to be struggling a bit to find its footing, especially for HJ-MR what with the style changes, etc.

Do you know of anything more?

Oh no… sorry :( 

and yes, it seems that’s this drama is struggling a little especially when compared to the last one that had almost reached the 30% in ratings.

I don’t really know more than that. I do wonder what they’ll do to ‘spice’ things up. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Min86 said:
13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

This is so unrealistic, even if they were getting married for real. Neither SJ or YN are established in the fields they want to be in, and for YN to take time off to have a baby already would be disastrous for her

It is, but the mom is either very naive or has been blinded by her favorite son and her own feelings for YooNa. 

IKR the mum's favoritism was so obvious. Soo Jae has got mum wrapped around his finger. But of course it helps that Mum likes YuNa as much as she does. I think she  wouldn't have been as easily swayed if YuNa and her didn't hit it off.

I just completed both subbed episodes and I had such a good laugh throughout. These two especially :lmao2: cracked me up no end.

FTMFMjhaUAAYqOW?format=jpg&name=large

It isn't just the romances that I am drawn too ( I love both older brothers love lines) . I also like the witty banter and conversations between different members of the family. I loved seeing scenes of the parents / grandad with their favorites. I enjoy watching the brothers being competitive and the older two calling Soo Jae out for scheming. There's also MR and her brother ( oh man, I think I am liking him more and more compared to Soo Jae) .  I even find the 3 old folks hanging out and telling each other off refreshingly funny.

Just a note about  HJ and MR...I am in some ways in agreement with MR's mother about MR liking HJ a lot more than he does her. While I don't doubt that the mother is being protective over MR, but she has a point that MR may be the one that gets hurt here. I trust HJ - as in I don't see him as a player or anything like that. But I do hope he can be a bit more sensitive to MR's feelings. He needs to draw a line with other women where work is concerned. 

----------------

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

IKR the mum's favoritism was so obvious. Soo Jae has got mum wrapped around his finger. But of course it helps that Mum likes YuNa as much as she does. I think she  wouldn't have been as easily swayed if YuNa and her didn't hit it off

True, but that’s going to be even more shocking to her once she finds out. I wonder if she’s going to try and ‘convince’ Yoo Na or if she’ll try and be more accepting of the other two DiL. 

just completed both subbed episodes and I had such a good laugh throughout. These two especially :lmao2: cracked me up no end.

Those two are imo the couple with the most interesting developing storyline.

Maybe bc they, individually are such weird, awkward people 🤭😅 

but I must say, the way they decided to go about this casual dating makes sense. 

It isn't just the romances that I am drawn too 

That’s imo how it should be in family dramas, right? 

I can’t wait to see tomorrow’s ep!! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

The 3rd bro couple is my least favourite. I think it down to the basic reason because they're dishonest. He actually scamming his own mother. I think this will end up in disaster. 

The eldest bro couple is so odd but refreshing. You will always get surprised by them in each episodes. 

The 2nd bro was my favourite at first, but recently become less fun. With his ex on the picture and she confessed her love to him. Felt like now they're a bit stuck and even they become couple it seems will not be so interesting ? 

*edit : oh ex actually want to help HJ

@stroppyseI also think the elderly story in this family drama somewhat fun and tolerable. Normally I tend to skip elderly story in other family drama (not that I watched many anyway haha). 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

hahaha...these two were banned from entering the club ? Why ahahaha? Too old? :lmao2:

But so cute...Hae Jun suggested they danced in the parking lot. And they did. When a car entered the place, they hid quickly behind the pillar & they had a moment :pandacool:

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Okay my brown rice couple finally had a proper date - so I am glad HJ drew the line ( it is the weekend after all). But he did get an earful from boss Hyun Jae who asked if he was seeing someone since he didn't meet the writer. 

But I think he still had to meet the writer after the date and he didn't pick up MR's calls

Spoiler

But he realised the next day and wanted to clear the air quickly

Spoiler

He was pretty sweet here ...thinks they do complement each other since their personalities are quite different isn't it? 

They talk about their MBTIs here

Spoiler

Preview ...err looks like Yuna & Soo Jae are having issues?

• Like 3

On 5/20/2022 at 2:03 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Just a note about  HJ and MR...I am in some ways in agreement with MR's mother about MR liking HJ a lot more than he does her. While I don't doubt that the mother is being protective over MR, but she has a point that MR may be the one that gets hurt here. I trust HJ - as in I don't see him as a player or anything like that. But I do hope he can be a bit more sensitive to MR's feelings. He needs to draw a line with other women where work is concerned.

Well, it's more obvious that MR likes HJ now, but HJ isn't a player. Also, he seems as if he's the type that once he really starts to like someone, he'll start to like them more and more. So, given how open MR is, it's good that she'll be with HJ who won't toy with her affections.

I do think that HJ may inadvertently lead women on by not rejecting them outright. However, it's also his work. He was handling the divorce for his ex-gf and he's the legal advisor for that screenwriter's drama to which he was assigned to by his boss. So, it's not as if he can just reject them outright and not have anything more to do with them. He doesn't act as if he's interested, but the women can't see it.

Actually, HJ also was initially not interested in MR, but she got the message and backed off, until HJ did have to make a move to show his interest in her after all.

In general, it feels as if HJ takes awhile to figure out what he wants, but he probably stays with it once he's figured it out.

19 hours ago, Min86 said:

True, but that’s going to be even more shocking to her once she finds out. I wonder if she’s going to try and ‘convince’ Yoo Na or if she’ll try and be more accepting of the other two DiL. 

I think the mother will be very hurt at first, and then SJ and YN will have to convince her to accept them. It's their active deception that is going to hurt her. I hope it enables her to accept the other 2 DIL who are much more forthright, however.

12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I also think the elderly story in this family drama somewhat fun and tolerable. Normally I tend to skip elderly story in other family drama (not that I watched many anyway haha). 

Fair enough. I like 2/3 of the older group. :smile:

• Like 4

Translation of the preview for ep 16

Screenwriter: You must like me.
Hyun Jae: Excuse me?

Hae Jun: That screenwriter likes Hyun Jae.

Mi Rae: Are you being apprehensive around?
Hyun Jae: Yes, I am a little. I wonder why?

Mi Rae: Young Eun and Hyun Jae Forever?
Hyun Jae: Wow
Mi Rae: Hey, Lee Hyun Jae!

Hyun Jae: However, who was that person who reported in my brother?
Woman: CEO Shin (meaning Hae Jun) was the tipster.

Hae Jun: Please don’t tell anyone!

Yoon Jae: I don’t know either.
Hyun Jae: You’ve really fallen for her, haven’t you.
Yoon Jae: Hey, my feelings say no, we can’t, however, my lips keep saying I like it.

Yoon Jae: Why do you like me?

Yu Na: The better your mother treats me, the harder it’s becoming to see her.
Soo Jae: Is it easy to earn money? Is it easy to earn $100,000? So, we should just call everything off instead?
Soo Jae: Have you been with the Executive Director until now?
Jeong Hu: Where do you live?
Man(? not sure whether this is Soo Jae or a colleague of YN's): You had better be careful. Is it that you found out that the Executive Director is the son of the owner, and you want to become his wife?

Yu Na: Mother (note: addressing SJ's mother)

Wow, a packed preview. It seems that HJ will figure out that YJ and Hae Jun are seeing each other. Plus, a bit of trouble for HJ and MR with HJ's "other women". And, YN is definitely having misgivings, especially about lying to SJ's mother.

I'm afraid I'm also starting to like YN and JH as a couple. JH just seems so much more mature and sincere that SJ. Still, a lot of episodes left, so let's see if SJ can convince us viewers that he's mature enough to have a good relationship with a woman much less his family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Translation of the preview for ep 16

Screenwriter: You must like me.
Hyun Jae: Excuse me?

Hae Jun: That screenwriter likes Hyun Jae.

Mi Rae: Are you being apprehensive around?
Hyun Jae: Yes, I am a little. I wonder why?

Mi Rae: Young Eun and Hyun Jae Forever?
Hyun Jae: Wow
Mi Rae: Hey, Lee Hyun Jae!

Hyun Jae: However, who was that person who reported in my brother?
Woman: CEO Shin (meaning Hae Jun) was the tipster.

Hae Jun: Please don’t tell anyone!

Yoon Jae: I don’t know either.
Hyun Jae: You’ve really fallen for her, haven’t you.
Yoon Jae: Hey, my feelings say no, we can’t, however, my lips keep saying I like it.

Yoon Jae: Why do you like me?

Yu Na: The better your mother treats me, the harder it’s becoming to see her.
Soo Jae: Is it easy to earn money? Is it easy to earn $100,000? So, we should just call everything off instead?
Soo Jae: Have you been with the Executive Director until now?
Jeong Hu: Where do you live?
Man(? not sure whether this is Soo Jae or a colleague of YN's): You had better be careful. Is it that you found out that the Executive Director is the son of the owner, and you want to become his wife?

Yu Na: Mother

Wow, a packed preview. It seems that HJ will figure out that YJ and Hae Jun are seeing each other. Plus, a bit of trouble for HJ and MR with HJ's "other women". And, YN is definitely having misgivings, especially about lying to SJ's mother.

I'm afraid I'm also starting to like YN and JH as a couple. JH just seems so much more mature and sincere that SJ. Still, a lot of episodes left, so let's see if SJ can convince us viewers that he's mature enough to have a good relationship with a woman much less his family.

Thanks so much for translating the preview! It seems like a lot is about to happen! 

I still haven’t seen able to watch the ep. So I’ll comment later. :)

• Like 3
On 5/21/2022 at 10:29 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

*edit : oh ex actually want to help HJ

Oh you have caught up to the latest episode? :Party02:

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hae Jun suggested they danced in the parking lot. And they did.

Despite saying that he hates to do it or refused, he is still complying with her odd requests. I guess he is having so much fun after not dating for a while. He has deeply fallen to Hae Jun's charm. It just a matter of time until he admits his feeling and make their relationship official. :MewGiggle:

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Jung Ho is indeed more mature than Soo Jae. But Yoo Na and he have yet to build some chemistry from their relationship. Not to mention because of their current position, it will put a pressure because he is the boss and Yoo Na is just a new employee. The others staffs at the store will point out clearly that she probably got the job because of her connection with the boss. But I do agree that Jung Ho is a lot better than Soo Jae. Even though that he is the son of the owner, he still have his responsibility and not afraid to lower himself and act like an employee at the branch store in front of the customers. Both Soo Jae and Jung Ho are the youngest of their family but they are so different with each other. Interesting...

For Hyun Jae and Mi Rae, I think their progress as couple is going nicely so far. They are taking slow getting know each other more. Hyun Jae has been out of love department for awhile and only living day by day surrounding himself with works. It's quite understandable that he has yet to get out of his routine to not check on his phone or telling someone about his days because he has been living alone for quite some time. Their small talks and dates to straighten the misunderstanding is also nice. Hopefully they will go smoothly and Hyun Jae "woman's problem" will end with this drama writer. We still have a lot to cover from the series and I don't think the women that seems to surround Hyun Jae will help the plot to go further. :pandathink:

• Like 5

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Ep.15 

- So proud of Hyun Jae for declining the writer's request to meet. But what's with the hairstyle editing still being a problem? I hope we won't see any more of that in ep.16. very distracting. Gosh, why can't they reshoot some of those scenes. It's not that many....

- Their names meaning present and future ~ Hyun Jae Mi Rae ~ it didn't register with me before until MR mentioned it. Cute.

- LOL at the imaginary wedding at fitness centre. Bad idea...

- It's so obvious that YJ has fallen for Hae Jun, just like his father jotted down in the diary. He was willing to do anything that she wants to do, no matter how silly it sounds. 

- From the preview, looks like we're going to have first hurdle for each couple. Hae Jun being found out about sabotaging YJ's TV appearance, although he probably won't mind anymore. Hyun Jae dealing with Mi Rae's insecurities. Soo Jae being mean to Yoo Na even though what she wants to do was to right the wrong.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

New stills...hmmm so what upset her this time?

From the preview it seems like she saw a lock with his name and someone else's name. Haha!

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun are my favorite still. I love how she reacts to his natural teasing. It's evident he's falling deeper for her. Their little dance in the parking lot was hilarious -- they were not embarrassed about getting captured on CCTV, but were when a car drove in. Haha!

I'm getting a little worried about Soo Jae and Yoo Na. It's going to be a tough journey for them with lots of emotions. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 5/21/2022 at 11:05 PM, stroppyse said:

In general, it feels as if HJ takes awhile to figure out what he wants, but he probably stays with it once he's figured it out.

You’re so right about this. From ep.16 and preview ep.17, that’s exactly the kind of person HJ is showing. Love how he reassures MR about their relationship. 

YN finally breaks and spilled the truth to Mom. I didn’t expect their scam to be revealed so early. But all the better. SJ and YN needs to start out new with no agenda if they want their relationship to work. 

Now I know why they cast Shin Dong Mi as Hae Jun. I cannot think of another actress who can act out Hae Jun’s various expressions. The part where Hyun Jae was confronting her about the sabotaging was so fun. 

Finally, I still have to rant here... Whose great idea is it for Yoon Shi Yoon to go cut his hair so drastically during filming?? Is he filming for another drama simultaneously? Or did his hair get caught in something like maybe a gum nastily stuck on it? How could the editor allow such hair length discrepancy for so long? 3 episodes now. And happening too often that I dread the changing of scenes for HJ, expecting to see different hair length again. *rolleyes

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Whose great idea is it for Yoon Shi Yoon to go cut his hair so drastically during filming?? 

It's driving me a little crazy with all the back and forth with his hair too. I thought it would only last one episode but it's been ongoing for three episodes now! :jiminbtssigh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

It's driving me a little crazy with all the back and forth with his hair too. I thought it would only last one episode but it's been ongoing for three episodes now! :jiminbtssigh:

I"m surprised that they had to shoot so many "new" scenes. It is distracting.

YJ and Hae Jun dancing in the garage was a hysterical scene, and yet completely adorable. I find YJ's confusion over his own feelings about Hae Jun rather cute.

I like this pairing of YJ and HJun more and more. Even on paper, that they are a dentist and a lawyer, both well established in their careers, makes them a good match. And, then that they don't have a lot of experience with relationships, so don't really have any baggage or pre-conceived notions. They seem ready to just accept each other, even if they're just exploring for now.

As for HJ and MR, I'm finding MR's mood swings to be really weird writing. Also, from the preview, it seems as if MR wants to cool things down, causing HJ to have to step up if he still wants the relationship. I think I'm ready for a new writer for the OTP romance, please. A writer who actually has an idea of the story arc that he/she wants to craft for the OTP.

Also, am I the only one who didn't like the wedding dress that YuNa tried on? I'm glad that she finally confessed the truth to SJ's mother though.

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Now I know why they cast Shin Dong Mi as Hae Jun. I cannot think of another actress who can act out Hae Jun’s various expressions. The part where Hyun Jae was confronting her about the sabotaging was so fun. 

I loved this scene as well. It seems that both brothers have chemistry with HJun. Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel that the FL for HJ doesn't have any chemistry with him, though for now, I'm blaming it on the writing.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 5/16/2022 at 8:22 AM, stroppyse said:

Am not following the case. They both seem pretty nasty to me.

edit: Got curious so went and read up on it a little. I can't believe people are actually sticking up for Johnny Depp and trashing Amber Heard so hard. He seems as if he can be an out of control monster. I'm not a fan of his anyway, but definitely wouldn't watch anything with him in it now.

I feel both are guilty. Heard didn't deny the accusations. Depp is on drugs and alcohol, so not clear who is the guilty one.

I like Minsook's girlfriend's disappointment when she wanted him to drive the bicycle and he ended up panting lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I feel both are guilty. Heard didn't deny the accusations. Depp is on drugs and alcohol, so not clear who is the guilty one.

I wasn't siding with either one. I was just bemused that only one party is getting trashed in the media and SNS right now. Both of them seem nasty.

3 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I like Minsook's girlfriend's disappointment when she wanted him to drive the bicycle and he ended up panting lols

It's entertaining to see how childish they can with each other, and still have a good time.

• Like 5
19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I find YJ's confusion over his own feelings about Hae Jun rather cute.

He is so intrigued by her that he doesn't know how to respond half the time -- it's cute! Now that he can kind of pinpoint the kind of gestures/comments she likes, I feel like he purposely say them to tease her. Haha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Omg you guys won't believe it ...ahahahah we're not the only ones complaining about YSY's hairstyle going back and forth.  Seems many  were complaining too. :lmao2:

628c9942260000344f8a9148.png?ops=crop_0_

From https://www.huffingtonpost.kr/entry/yoon-siyoon-drama_kr_628c9540e4b0edd2d01a6bdd?utm_id=naver

Spoiler

Recently, some online communities have raised questions about the details of the KBS drama 'Now is Beautiful'. The main point is that the hairstyle of the lead actor, Yoon Shi-yoon, changes in every scene. Viewers pointed out that they could not understand how Lee Hyun-jae (Yoon Shi-yoon)'s hairstyle changes in every scene in the play. 

This is not a word about a simple change in Yoon Shi-yoon's hair styling. The problem is that Yoon Shi-yoon's hair style changes without any special connection point, even in the scene where he is wearing the same clothes or appears immediately after, or in the scene where time has not passed according to the flow of the play. In episodes 13-16, which was recently aired, Yoon Shi-yoon's hairstyle was changed from his heavy hair to short hair or to a hair that was set neatly all of a sudden. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/24/2022 at 5:43 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Omg you guys won't believe it ...ahahahah we're not the only ones complaining about YSY's hairstyle going back and forth.  Seems many  were complaining too. 

Well, it's pretty obvious. That also means that they've tweaked the story a lot since they keep having to go and shoot new scenes.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:10 PM, Tofu said:

He is so intrigued by her that he doesn't know how to respond half the time -- it's cute! Now that he can kind of pinpoint the kind of gestures/comments she likes, I feel like he purposely say them to tease her. Haha! 

I think that's part of the fun that he has with her, that he can tease her and she doesn't dump him in a huff?

Actually, it's good that both HJun and MR are self-sufficient women. With the way YJ and HJ have been written, they both need to be with women who can take care of themselves rather than waiting to be saved.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

With the way YJ and HJ have been written, they both need to be with women who can take care of themselves rather than waiting to be saved.

Hahaha, agreed! Although, I think Mi Rae is a bit more of a damsel in distress than Hae Jun. 

• Like 3