It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

So, I finally catched up and I am :wow: with how Hae Jun and Yoon Jae are developing. They are having fun, exploring their likes and totally serious about learning what makes the other tick. As the Dad said, Yoon Jae is not tasting the waters anymore, he's already fallen for her. It's going to be quite interesting to see how he's going to react about her lying to the TV producer. Hopefully that happens soon.

About that, Hyun Jae and Hae Jun interactions are also quite funny. It's going to be hilarious when he finds out she's the "younger woman who he was sure wanted to casually date his brother and who will probably dump him soon" hahahaha.

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think that's part of the fun that he has with her, that he can tease her and she doesn't dump him in a huff?

He's purposedly teasing her now to see her reactions. I think he's quite happy knowing that she likes him even though he 'likes to get his own way'. 

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Omg you guys won't believe it ...ahahahah we're not the only ones complaining about YSY's hairstyle going back and forth.  Seems many  were complaining too.

I think it's so obvious, every person watching the drama has noticed and since it keeps happening, many are questioning how professional and how the production team is handling that. 

Can someone understand why Hyun Jae and MiRae are keeping their relationship secret from Hae Jun? I mean, especially now that the writer is making her interest quite obvious and MiRae has to deal with HaeJ telling her about it?

The other thing that surprised me was that YN told her MiL already. Any suggestions or ideas about how that's going to go now? Why do I have the feeling that it will be kept secret from the rest of the family?

Let's see what the weekend brings!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
21 hours ago, Min86 said:

Can someone understand why Hyun Jae and MiRae are keeping their relationship secret from Hae Jun? I mean, especially now that the writer is making her interest quite obvious and MiRae has to deal with HaeJ telling her about it?

Don't think it has been addressed. But I am guessing that because the relationship is new, perhaps it will be less pressure to keep things to themselves. I can understand that as I am a very private person myself IRL.  

What I find quite concerning is MR's  emotions  which are like a yo-yo. And this was something that her mum and even Hae Jun noted. At first I felt Hyun Jae needed to be more sensitive to her feelings but he's been really putting a lot of effort in the latest episodes to assure her , so I hope she realises that. It can be very tiring for your partner if you are so insecure. 

New stills....the scene where HJ assures her he will make effort to close the gap between them

(Picture = trailer capture)

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Don't think it has been addressed. But I am guessing that because the relationship is new, perhaps it will be less pressure to keep things to themselves. I can understand that as I am a very private person myself IRL

I can understand being a private person, I am as well. But in this case, it seems like it's doing more harm than good. Especially bc Mirae keeps getting more insecure when HaeJ makes a comment.

And right now, that's more of a problem than that writer woman. It seems to me that Hyun Jae will do what needs to be done for his work but is working to reassure MR about his feelings and intentions. 

• Like 3
On 5/26/2022 at 1:41 AM, Min86 said:

Agree with @abs-oluteM, both that it has not been addressed, but also that they are not quite secure in being open about their relationship, especially where work is concerned, since HJun is HJ's boss and MR's client. I actually think that HJ probably isn't actively trying to hide it, but rather happens to be a more private person in general, so doesn't see the need to advertise it? There hasn't been an opportunity for HJ to confirm or deny his dating to HJun.

Also agree with @Min86 that MR keeping it from HJun is hurting her more than helping her at this point since MR knows that HJun is actively supporting other women as potential mates for HJ, whereas she probably wouldn't do that if she actually knew that MR and HJ were dating.

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What I find quite concerning is MR's  emotions  which are like a yo-yo.

Totally agree. MR was the one who fell first and fell hard for HJ, but it seems from the preview that she is going to start pulling back. It took HJ longer to fall for MR, but he seems pretty committed now and is trying to do a lot to reassure her.

I'm actually getting tired of MR's emotional yo-yo at this point. She's supposed to be this independent woman striking out on her own business and pretty feisty as well, however, she's not acting like it any more. This is why I blame the writer of this drama. I think the writer may not completely know where she wants to go with this couple.

The SJ-YN plotline also seems rather strange. If there is going to be a new writer, I hope she/he starts soon and takes a firmer hand with the story development. If they did, they probably wouldn't have so many problems with shooting scenes where HJ's hair is a different length in almost every frame of even a single scene. :lenny:

• Like 3

Preview ep 18: After he finished singing, Hyun-jae introduces the fMiRae to the writer Eugene, whom she met by chance, and greets them together. On the other hand, Yoon-jae feels slightly anxious at Hae-jun's words that his heart is colder than before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Preview ep 18: After he finished singing, Hyun-jae introduces the fMiRae to the writer Eugene, whom she met by chance, and greets them together. On the other hand, Yoon-jae feels slightly anxious at Hae-jun's words that his heart is colder than before.

Ohhh I remember @LaLa mentioned that YSY is gonna sing an OST . So he will sing in the show too? Oh yay! 

Edit : Ooo he does sing

Oh my @Min86 our adorable Dolt couple gonna kiss tomorrow? Let me ask @stroppyseif she can translate

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ohhh I remember @LaLa mentioned that YSY is gonna sing an OST . So he will sing in the show too? Oh yay! 

Edit : Ooo he does sing

he did!! And it was beautiful!! Now, I hope those doubts MiRae had are gone!

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh my @Min86 our adorable Dolt couple gonna kiss tomorrow? Let me ask @stroppyseif she can translate

I CANT WITH THEM!!! She was so annoyed with thim not introducing her and I think this whole "casual dating" is getting to her. So, it's time for him to act!!

Now, I hope the preview does not disappoint! 

And please @stroppyse!! It seems to me that they're heading to HaeJ's place?

• Like 3

Some quick recaps from a Naver article for eps 17

202205282138171710_2.jpg

(adjusted some of the auto translations - may not be so accurate but the jisc is there)

Spoiler

After Na Yuna (Choi Ye-bin) decides to pretend that she and Lee Soo-jae (Seo Beom-jun) are getting married because of the apartment, she feels guilty when Soo Jae's  mother, Han Kyung-ae (Kim Hye-ok) treats her so well. Na Yuna went to try wedding dresses with Han Kyung-ae, and she cried and said, “I’m sorry, mother. I can't get married," she said. While Lee Soo-jae, who had just arrived, was bewildered, Han Kyung-ae beat her son, saying, “It’s all because of you.” Han Kyung-ae  thought that Na Yuna was crying because of the stress she was preparing for marriage alone, and Na Yuna could not tell the truth to Han Kyung-ae. Han Kyung-ae asked her son Lee Soo-jae to delay the marriage a bit and to comfort her Na Yuna. Lee Soo-jae asked Na Yuna what she was going to do, and Na Yuna decided to continue the marriage project.

Hyun Mi-rae (Bae Da-bin) became anxious when  drama writer Kim Yu-jin (Nam Bo-ra) showed interest in Lee Hyun-jae and said to him , "I am the one who always go to you. I'm going to step back now," she distanced herself. Hyun-jae Lee said to Hyun-mi-rae, "Let's change the name. I'll call you "you" now. You say "you" too,” he said. Hyun Mi-rae smiled at Lee Hyun-jae's sudden banter. (there's some sort of play of words here) 

Lee Hyun-jae said that he owes Mi Rae something, and went to buy her couple outfits  and gave her as a gift. Mi Rae was delighted with Hyun-jae's gift, but when Hyun-jae Lee said, "I will go forward as much as you have gone backward," Hyun-mi said, "Then I will step back even further. This is because I'm scared. Because I'm not in a state of being able to love anyone yet. I found out about it when I met you formally,” she confessed.

Yoon-jae Lee (Min-seok Oh) was aiming for the right time to confess that he owes Hae-jun Shim (Dong-mi Shin) a debt. Shim Hae-jun was disappointed when Lee Yoon-jae asked to go eat kimbap, and was even more disappointed when he did not introduce Na Yun-na, who is her sister's girlfriend. Shim Hae-jun treated Lee Yoon-jae coldly, but Lee Yoon-jae boasted to her grandfather Lee Gyeong-cheol (Park In-hwan) and father Lee Min-ho (Park Sang-won) that Shim Hae-jun "loves me so much".

Lee Min-ho went to pick up his father Lee Kyung-cheol from the yoga academy , when the Yoon Jeong-ja (Ban Hyo-jeong) was furious when her son Hyun Jin-heon (Byeon Woo-min) came late. Jeong-ja expressed dissatisfaction because her  daughter-in-law, Su-jeong Jin (played by Park Ji-young), did not come with him.

The writer was going to cast Shim Hae-jun and Lee Hyun-jae for a couple making program, and when Hae Jun said that Lee Hyun-jae is good at singing. She said, "If he sing Sung Si-kyung's song, everyone will come over." Lee Hyun-jae refused the role, saying, "I have a girlfriend," and told Kim Yu-jin, "If I really sing Sung Si-kyung's song, do they all come over? I'm going to call my girlfriend," he said.

Shim Hae-jun refused to meet Lee Yoon-jae. Lee Yoon-jae said, “Is it because it was a  little cheap? You have been like this since yesterday?” Shim Hae-jun said, “Do you feel it? I'm trying to be cool here ." 

Hyun-jae Lee sang “Two People” to Mi-rae Hyun at the cafe. Kim Yu-jin, who came to the  cafe, said, "This is fate. Even with a goalkeeper, I can score goals,” she said, falling for Lee Hyun-jae

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Some quick recaps from a Naver article for eps 17

202205282138171710_2.jpg

(adjusted some of the auto translations - may not be so accurate but the jisc is there)

Reveal hidden contents

After Na Yuna (Choi Ye-bin) decides to pretend that she and Lee Soo-jae (Seo Beom-jun) are getting married because of the apartment, she feels guilty when Soo Jae's  mother, Han Kyung-ae (Kim Hye-ok) treats her so well. Na Yuna went to try wedding dresses with Han Kyung-ae, and she cried and said, “I’m sorry, mother. I can't get married," she said. While Lee Soo-jae, who had just arrived, was bewildered, Han Kyung-ae beat her son, saying, “It’s all because of you.” Han Kyung-ae  thought that Na Yuna was crying because of the stress she was preparing for marriage alone, and Na Yuna could not tell the truth to Han Kyung-ae. Han Kyung-ae asked her son Lee Soo-jae to delay the marriage a bit and to comfort her Na Yuna. Lee Soo-jae asked Na Yuna what she was going to do, and Na Yuna decided to continue the marriage project.

Hyun Mi-rae (Bae Da-bin) became anxious when  drama writer Kim Yu-jin (Nam Bo-ra) showed interest in Lee Hyun-jae and said to him , "I am the one who always go to you. I'm going to step back now," she distanced herself. Hyun-jae Lee said to Hyun-mi-rae, "Let's change the name. I'll call you "you" now. You say "you" too,” he said. Hyun Mi-rae smiled at Lee Hyun-jae's sudden banter. (there's some sort of play of words here) 

Lee Hyun-jae said that he owes Mi Rae something, and went to buy her couple outfits  and gave her as a gift. Mi Rae was delighted with Hyun-jae's gift, but when Hyun-jae Lee said, "I will go forward as much as you have gone backward," Hyun-mi said, "Then I will step back even further. This is because I'm scared. Because I'm not in a state of being able to love anyone yet. I found out about it when I met you formally,” she confessed.

Yoon-jae Lee (Min-seok Oh) was aiming for the right time to confess that he owes Hae-jun Shim (Dong-mi Shin) a debt. Shim Hae-jun was disappointed when Lee Yoon-jae asked to go eat kimbap, and was even more disappointed when he did not introduce Na Yun-na, who is her sister's girlfriend. Shim Hae-jun treated Lee Yoon-jae coldly, but Lee Yoon-jae boasted to her grandfather Lee Gyeong-cheol (Park In-hwan) and father Lee Min-ho (Park Sang-won) that Shim Hae-jun "loves me so much".

Lee Min-ho went to pick up his father Lee Kyung-cheol from the yoga academy , when the Yoon Jeong-ja (Ban Hyo-jeong) was furious when her son Hyun Jin-heon (Byeon Woo-min) came late. Jeong-ja expressed dissatisfaction because her  daughter-in-law, Su-jeong Jin (played by Park Ji-young), did not come with him.

The writer was going to cast Shim Hae-jun and Lee Hyun-jae for a couple making program, and when Hae Jun said that Lee Hyun-jae is good at singing. She said, "If he sing Sung Si-kyung's song, everyone will come over." Lee Hyun-jae refused the role, saying, "I have a girlfriend," and told Kim Yu-jin, "If I really sing Sung Si-kyung's song, do they all come over? I'm going to call my girlfriend," he said.

Shim Hae-jun refused to meet Lee Yoon-jae. Lee Yoon-jae said, “Is it because it was a  little cheap? You have been like this since yesterday?” Shim Hae-jun said, “Do you feel it? I'm trying to be cool here ." 

Hyun-jae Lee sang “Two People” to Mi-rae Hyun at the cafe. Kim Yu-jin, who came to the  cafe, said, "This is fate. Even with a goalkeeper, I can score goals,” she said, falling for Lee Hyun-jae

So, the Maknae couple are still not coming clean with their plan? It'll be worse when it comes out.

I loved Mirae and Hyun Jae's interactions today. Still need to wait for the subs to understand what they were saying though lol.

HaeJ seems ready to call it quits with Yoon Jae after he failed to introduce her to his brother's girlfriend. And it also seems like she got an offer from Ms Sum about abother dating show? 

Yoon Jae better wake up now. 

I'm very excited about the preview but trying not to hope to much bc, honestly...the previews all end up being misleading.

Oh... it seems like Grandpa will meet his daughter!!!  When do you guys think that'll come out? 

This edit:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Translation of preview for ep 18

Father: From what I suspect, it seems that Yoon Jae and his girlfriend are not doing well.
HJun: Let’s not date any more.
Writer: The PD keeps saying to have lawyer-nim on the broadcast. (me: probably trying to get HJ on the show)
HJun: Okay.
YJ: Isn’t this the writer for the ‘Couple Making’ show?

Writer: Hello
HJ: This is my girlfriend.
Other Writer: Hello
MR: This is my younger brother.
HJ (to himself): Look at this kid.

MR Grandmother: This is my daughter-in-law.
DIL: Hello
HJ Grandfather: Hello
Grandfather’s Little Sister: However, I feel I’ve seen you a lot somewhere before. Isn’t that right, oppa?

YJ: Are you really not going to date me?
HJun: Of course, I’m ‘really’ not going to date you. Would I ‘fake’ not dating you?
YJ: That’s not going to work for me.
HJun: What’s not going to work?

YJ: Just be quiet for a moment. (holding HJun’s face in his hands) Tell me now. Should I stop right here?

MR: Is it still just flirting?
HJun: I think I let it show too much that I liked him, and so he thinks it’s because he’s such a catch.

YJ: Let’s go to the house.
HJun: My house?
YJ: Yes

Ahhhh! It seems that YJ is finally going to be moved to take it further with HJun, but not sure if HJun will give in if she's made up her mind to ditch him. So, it could be a tease, however, YJ is definitely making a move. This couple is always entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

YJ: That’s not going to work for me.
HJun: What’s not going to work?

😂That’s such a Yoon Jae thing to say! 

now I have the feeling they’re not going to go through with that kiss and we’re going t

to have to see Yoon Jae do a bit of chasing now. 
I just hope they move forward! 

thabka @stroppysefor the translation! 

Edited by Min86
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun!! I never know what to expect from them. Haha! I do understand why Hae Jun was upset when she wasn't introduced to Yoo Na. Yoon Jae is oblivious to those type of etiquette, so I don't think he meant any harm. I mean, he thought she went home because she wanted to work. :PikachuFacePalm:

Seems like the cold shoulder from Hae Jun might be enough for him to be more honest with his feelings. :jinbtsyes:

I like the progress with Hyun Jae and Mi Rae in this episode. I think at this point, the writer arc can go away. I don't think we need to keep seeing her. 

Disappointed that Yoo Na and Soo Jae did not tell the truth, but I guess if they did, there wouldn't be much of a storyline for them anymore. 

The best thing about today's episode......Hyun Jae's hair stayed the same throughout the entire episode!! :CharmanderYay:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
41 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun!! I never know what to expect from them. Haha! I do understand why Hae Jun was upset when she wasn't introduced to Yoo Na. Yoon Jae is oblivious to those type of etiquette, so I don't think he meant any harm. I mean, he thought she went home because she wanted to work

He really is clueless! Now I wonder if HaeJun will get more than she expected, bc I have the feeling that once he makes up his mind, he won't budge lol! 

And I can't imagine her explaining to Ms Shum why she can't participate now on that tv program!  :MewGiggle:

42 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I like the progress with Hyun Jae and Mi Rae in this episode. I think at this point, the writer arc can go away. I don't think we need to keep seeing her. 

Love that he reassured her and also will make it very clear to that writer that he's very much taken. I hope it will be enough for MiRae and the writer too!

46 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Disappointed that Yoo Na and Soo Jae did not tell the truth, but I guess if they did, there wouldn't be much of a storyline for them anymore. 

I'm not so surprised tbh. It seems to me that the only way that will come out is if there's a gym scam.

I can't wait for the meeting between MiRae -Hyun Jae  and Hae Jun- Yoon Jae. I think that's going to be hilarious! 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
36 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Apparently these brothers only  get a move on when the exes come into the picture!

You are spot on. And both brothers had such fierce exes. LOL

I am actually very curios with their  conversation here @LaLa. He was annoyed that she was being too cold right? If you have time can translate? Thanks 

Preview - I am guessing they are dating officially right?

Bahahah the flashback to the brothers in their schooldays. YSY in glasses. 

Spoiler

I believe that video in spoiler continues here where HJ tells MR about his family . Think he mentions this is something he doesn't usually do , so MR is definitely special to him

• Like 4

How can HJ and MR  have such perfect teeth??? 
I dig HJ taking his workouts so seriously.  The muscle sweating is absolutely real.:lmao2:

looking forward today episode.  The oldest brother needs get off his lazy laidback self and chase his women!

Really enjoy this drama.   The elder sister personality reminds me of my grandma.  So I do enjoy whenever she has a scene.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

@abs-oluteM translation of the scene you were curious about.

YJ: Did something happen? She’s not someone who would be like that.
(He calls her)
HJun: Yes?
YJ: You answered!
HJun: Of course I answered.
YJ: But I sent you a text message. Did you see it?
HJun: I saw it.
YJ: If you saw it, you should have replied. Why didn’t you? I became worried.
HJun: You were worried?
YJ: Well, of course, since you weren’t behaving like yourself. You’re not sick, are you?
HJun: No, I’m not. However, you can’t tell Hyun Jae that you’re in a “som” with me, okay? If he finds out, it’ll become noisy.
YJ: Of course not, why would I tell him? He absolutely can’t know.
HJun (to herself): What do you mean he absolutely can’t know. Why not absolutely. I don’t want it either anyway. However, why is he talking like this? It’s because he has no thoughts of being with me for very long.
YJ: Hello? Can you hear me? (looking at his phone) Is something wrong with the phone? (back into the phone) Hello?
HJun: I hear you.
(HJun’s doorbell rings.)
YJ: Who is it at this time of the night? That’s the sound of your doorbell.
HJun: Who could it be? Talk to you later. (hangs up)
YJ: Huh? If you hang up like this, then I’ll be curious about who that could be.

LOL. Love how HJun's mind works in reaction to YJ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Love how HJun's mind works in reaction to YJ.

I love how both of them keep reacting to the other one! I mean, how can these ppl be in their 40's and keep behaving almost like teenagers when it comes to them!

8 minutes ago, Mizv said:

The muscle sweating is absolutely real.

And I am glad for it cause those mins are just a treat! :mine:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Thanks so much @stroppyse. I am not sure how much time you have but if you can, appreciate if you could also translate the preview. But no worries if you cannot. 

@Min86 that kiss was pretty good - this is a KBS weekender , so usually I managed my expectations. But I am happy that they kissed like 40year olds. I would be so annoyed if they just have those dead fish kiss. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Translation of the ep 19 preview. Here you go @abs-oluteM.

YJ: Let’s go to the house.
HJun: My house?
YJ: Yes

HJun: This feels good, doesn’t it?

Writer: Hello…

Writer: The tip you gave us about Dentist Yoon, you’re sure of it, right?

Writer: It seems I had misunderstood.

HJun: It looks as if I’m about to be utterly humiliated.
HJ: Tell him the truth immediately. That is the least damaging way to deal with it.

JH: I Have something to clear up. Would you help me?
YN: Yes?
JH: Are you putting up a wall between us? Saying “don’t like me”, it seems as if you’re putting up a wall.

MR: Please get in, oppa.
HJ: Oppa?  (me: he’s so happy that she’s calling him that. lol)

HJ: I have some things to tell you about my family. My father is an adoptee.

HJ Mother: Your daughter also needs to know that her father didn’t abandon her.

HJ: She dislikes me before she’s even met me?
MR: Our situation seems to be the same as before, but it feels as if my mother has become a little different.

MR’s mother: Stop it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Party! 1
5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

that kiss was pretty good - this is a KBS weekender , so usually I managed my expectations. But I am happy that they kissed like 40year olds. I would be so annoyed if they just have those dead fish kiss.

I must say, I was surprised. I was lowkey expecting a peck on the lips bc this is a weekend drama and these ppl are adults...usually, most kisses are between ppl who are younger. I am glad they gave us a very decent kiss tbh.

Now, let's see how they handle being busted...I wonder if Yoon Jae will be mad at her. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1