It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워

FOGRly-Ia-AAAnw9.jpg

Korean Title: Hyunjaeneun Areumdawo / 현재는 아름다워
English Title: The Present Is Beautiful / Right Now Is Beautiful / It's Beautiful Now
Director: Kim Sung Geun (Previous work: The Great King Sejong)
Writer: Ha Myung Hee (Previous work: Record of Youth, Temperature of Love)
Network: KBS
Episodes: 50
Release Date: April 2nd, 2022 (Saturday and Sunday)
English SubtitlesKocowa
Official Website: LINK

Synopsis

Lee Yoon Jae (Oh Min Suk), Lee Hyun Jae (Yoon Si Yoon) and Lee Soo Jae (Seo Bum June) are brothers and they are not interested in dating or getting married. Their grandfather Lee Kyung Cheol (Park In Hwan) and their parents Lee Min Ho (Park Sang Won) and Han Kyung Ae (Kim Hye Ok) are all concerned about their indifference to marriage. They decide to make an offer to the brothers. Their offer is that the first brother to marry will receive an apartment from them. Each of the brothers decide to look for a woman to marry.

The middle brother is Lee Hyun Jae. He is an excellent lawyer and specializes in divorce cases. His work keeps him busy all the time. One day, he meets a new client Hyun Mi Rae (Bae Da Bin). Hyun Mi Rae works as VIP personal shopper and she wants to file for an annulment of her marriage.

The oldest brother Lee Yoon Jae works as a dentist. He has operated his own dental clinic for the past 5 years and he has a good reputation among his patients. One of his patients is Sim Hae Joon (Shin Dong Mi). She works at the same law firm as Lee Yoon Jae's younger brother Lee Hyun Jae. She falls in love with the dentist.

The youngest brother is Lee Soo Jae. He is studying for his exam to become a public officer. He also works part-time to pay his bills. While doing his part-time job, he meets Na Yoo Na (Choi Ye Bin). Na Yoo Na dreams of becoming a pâtissier. She came to Seoul to achieve her dream and attends a bakery school. (Credit)

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Cast.

01.png

Yoon Si Yoon as Lee Hyun Jae
Bae Da Bin as Hyun Mi Rae

02.png

Oh Min Suk as Lee Yoon Jae
Shin Dong Mi as Sim Hae Joon

03.png

Seo Bum June as Lee Soo Jae
Choi Ye Bin as Na Yoo Na

Park In Hwan - Lee Kyung Cheol
Park Sang Won - Lee Min Ho
Kim Hye Ok - Han Kyung Ae

Character Chart.

1648022080401-370758.jpg

• Like 2
  • Party! 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, Tofu said:

I know! I finally went back after a year to finish the last episode of Record of Youth. :laugh: Hopefully, @stroppyse will watch this after knowing who the writer is. :lmao2:

Teaser was cute. Though, trying to get married to get a free apartment? I know that the housing market in SK is rough, but seriously.

This writer may actually do better with the longer episode count. In her mini's, she both tries to stuff too much and to do these lingering mood creating scenes, so it gets either boring or confusing. Anyway, we'll see. Thanks for tagging @Tofu.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Teaser was cute. Though, trying to get married to get a free apartment? I know that the housing market in SK is rough, but seriously.

The pandemic making it rough on everyone. Hahaha! 

That's also very true about the writer. I hope this one is good because I like most, if not all the actors in this. 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I caught the 1st episode , and I like it. It has been awhile since I have followed a family weekender. This one seems to hit all the sweet spots for me - it was funny, there were some interesting characters played by a  good looking & strong cast. Story flowed well too. 

The 3 brother's family dynamics was very cute - specially like the banter and at this point it seems like there's good relationship within the family itself. Of course there are some toxic characters in the form of some ex fiancé (or husband) and relatives, but it is to be expected. 

I think like most family shows the romance will be a slow burn but don't think it is a bad thing considering the situation to which the FL is currently in. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM With the exception of the soon-to-be ex-husband's family, I really like all the characters so far too. The three brothers are very different and it seems like they will each have interesting love lines. 

After watching both episodes, I feel like my parents and grandmother is yelling at me through the parents/grandparents in this drama. Hahaha! 

• Haha 3
On 4/4/2022 at 7:42 AM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM With the exception of the soon-to-be ex-husband's family, I really like all the characters so far too. The three brothers are very different and it seems like they will each have interesting love lines. 

After watching both episodes, I feel like my parents and grandmother is yelling at me through the parents/grandparents in this drama. Hahaha! 

I finished eps 2 as well. I like the family. The short scene of the 3 brothers together - how competitive they can be but yet you know deep down they are family was nice to watch. Then it was cute that each brother was someone's favourite. I was laughing a lot when the parents and granddad cooked up this elaborate scheme to get them to marry. 

I am not sure if I understood this correctly. Does Hyun Jae have a thing for his boss Miss Shim who will be older brother's love interest? Or was all that teasing just him trying to apple polish the boss?

Mi Rae's character is quite transparent & naive - which is probably why she got conned in the first place. I agreed with Hyun Jae that she really has to have nerves of steel if she is going to fight the case. As a non-confrontational person myself, I can imagine how stressful it is to try get evidence etc. 

New stills

516101_721508_336.jpg

This girl will be Hyun Jae's ex gf and they were a campus couple

Spoiler

c42b01722a7545.jpg

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I'm watching this on broadcast tv which airs episodes 1 week after they're aired in SK, so I just finished watching the 1st episode. So many characters!

Still, I like the three brothers, their parents, and their grandfather. The characters are basically likable, even if they have some personality quirks. Actually, I think it'll be fun to see each of them go through their respective romances.

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Mi Rae's character is quite transparent & naive - which is probably why she got conned in the first place.

I'll reserve judgment until I know more about their relationship, but it didn't sound like a classic scam in the first episode at least. It seems the ex-hubby had another woman and a child that he had not divulged, but it seemed as if he comes from a wealthy family? Though, not sure what the relationship between the ex-hubby and his mother is, since MR kept saying that they have to sort out their issues themselves (meaning the ex and his mother) when speaking with his mother.

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am not sure if I understood this correctly. Does Hyun Jae have a thing for his boss Miss Shim who will be older brother's love interest? Or was all that teasing just him trying to apple polish the boss?

Is this something that comes up in ep 2? I know that he didn't want to tell his boss about his brother the dentist, but HJ explained that as not wanting to mix his personal and work situations.

HJ seems far too comfortable living a bachelor life for him to have any actual feelings for anyone at this point.

Anyway, cute start. Will write more as I watch, but since I'm lagged by a week to everyone else watching this, I'll probably just drop comments from time to time as I see them.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I don't think Hyun Jae has a crush on Miss Shim. He doesn't like to mix his personal and work life, even though his cousin works with him. Haha! 

Miss Shim has become quite smitten with Yoon Jae (eldest brother), but he lacks emotional intelligence so he's always making rude comments. Maybe not rude, but comments one shouldn't openly say, like how she's much older than him. Yoon Jae seems like someone who hasn't been in a relationship. It's going to be interesting to see how Miss Shim pursue him as he's still trying to figure out how to add dating apps. Hahaha!

Soo Jae has the most progress with his marriage plans. I think the baker girl is really sweet so I hope he develops real feelings for her sooner than later. 

For the ex-husband, he is a scumbag. I cannot stand looking at him. I hope they finish the divorce soon so I won't have to watch him anymore. :JigglyAngry:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Though, not sure what the relationship between the ex-hubby and his mother is, since MR kept saying that they have to sort out their issues themselves (meaning the ex and his mother) when speaking with his mother.

From episode 3, he disclosed that in order for him to get his inheritance, he has to stay married to her for another three months. That's why he's so against the divorce. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Miss Shim has become quite smitten with Yoon Jae (eldest brother), but he lacks emotional intelligence so he's always making rude comments. Maybe not rude, but comments one shouldn't openly say, like how she's much older than him. Yoon Jae seems like someone who hasn't been in a relationship. It's going to be interesting to see how Miss Shim pursue him as he's still trying to figure out how to add dating apps. Hahaha!

Interesting. It doesn't seem as if any of the brothers have much experience dating. I assume that the offer of an apartment will come soon in order to encourage the brothers to start looking for mates.

As for YJ and Ms. Shim, I can see him proposing a contract marriage or something.

SJ and the baker girl are an obvious pair, especially since she may already have some feelings for SJ.

Curious how HJ is going to go about selecting someone to be his wedding partner.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

From episode 3, he disclosed that in order for him to get his inheritance, he has to stay married to her for another three months. That's why he's so against the divorce. 

Oh. I actually love the actor who is playing the soon-to-be-ex, but I wish he would get cast in some meatier roles. Not sure what happened to him because he was doing really well for awhile, and then disappeared for awhile, and now he shows up in cameos and minor roles.

Also, I rather love the relationship between the grandfather and the father. They let us know early on that the father had been adopted by the grandfather rather than being of his bloodline, so I wondered whether that was material to the story, e.g. birth secrets or long lost relatives showing up later on.

The grandfather's sister's daughter-in-law is a total pain, also.

• Like 2