It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

This chat after the backhug was a really sweet moment between YJ and HJun.

HJun: Yoon Jae-shi! Yoon Jae-shi!
(nice back hug)
HJun: I’m sorry. For not being able to answer your call. You were worried that I might have been hurt? Thank you. For worrying about me.
YJ: I like you a lot more than I had thought.

HJun: Life is really funny. Until dinner time, I had been thinking how such a stupid incident could have happened to me. However, because of that stupid incident, I’ve become happy. So, you like me a lot more than you had thought?
YJ: Oh, geez. Did you want to ascertain that?
HJun: Yes! I had been thinking that I had liked you a lot more (than you did me). Our relationship, things always started because I asked you first.
YJ: I thought you had been hurt. That while, my head became totally blank (me: as in shock). While I was running into the emergency room, all sorts of thoughts came to me. “Nothing should have happened to you. This is a big problem. If you’re badly hurt, what do I do? If this woman should somehow disappear from my life, then what would I do?”
HJun: In a short amount of time, you really had a lot of thoughts.
YJ: The minute I saw your face looking as if nothing happened, the anger just rose up inside me, and I was really determined to never see you again.
HJun: And in that moment, I backhugged you.
YJ: Oh, really. This is driving me crazy.
HJun: You came running because you thought I might be hurt. And, you got angry. Ohmygosh! I have a man like that in my life! I thought that the only people like that in my life (meaning who cared about her like that) were going to be my mom and dad. Dad passed away when I was in 6th grade in elementary school, so I don’t have a lot of memories. And my mom. I thought she was going to live for a long time. Even when she was dying, she had told me that she wouldn’t be able to rest peacefully for worrying about me. Did my mom send you to me?

• Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

@Min86, the scene you asked about

YJ: Oh right, I noticed the other day that Hyun Jae and Mi Rae-shi often cook together at home.
HJun: Well, since Hyun Jae cooks well.
YJ: We can just buy meals then.
HJun: Then, should we also just date at home then?
YJ: Yes, I would like that a lot.
HJun: Lying here like this, it feels as if we had been living together for awhile.
YJ: If we got married, would it feel like this?
HJun: Do you want to get married? (YJ looks at HJun) Why aren’t you saying anything?
YJ: You really are so direct.
HJun: You don’t want to?
YJ: Are you sure you really meant it?
HJun: Suddenly, the thought did occur to me. You must not want to.
YJ: No, no, it’s not that I don’t want to.
HJun: Well then?
YJ: I don’t think now is the right time.
HJun: That means you don’t want to.
YJ: I said that wasn’t it.
HJun: Why not now then?
YJ: I don’t have much money.
HJun: It’s okay if you don’t have any money. As long as you don’t have debts.
YJ: I do have debts.
HJun: It’s okay if you have debts. We can just pay them off.
YJ: Is that okay?
HJun: Yes. Love is all I need.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Lots of sweet Hyun Mi moments today but given the preview , I am guessing it is the calm before the storm

Actually, according to the preview, it seems as if MR's mother is going to give in on HJ and MR if it makes MR happy.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
29 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

HJun: Why not now then?
YJ: I don’t have much money.
HJun: It’s okay if you don’t have any money. As long as you don’t have debts.
YJ: I do have debts.
HJun: It’s okay if you have debts. We can just pay them off.
YJ: Is that okay?
HJun: Yes. Love is all I need.

Omo, Ms Hae Jun! :MewGiggle: Though I had to laugh at her saying that as long as he had no debts and then changing her mind. 

YJ's mom should focus exactly on this side of her...hope she won't kind of dismiss HaeJun from the start.

43 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

HJun: You came running because you thought I might be hurt. And, you got angry. Ohmygosh! I have a man like that in my life! I thought that the only people like that in my life (meaning who cared about her like that) were going to be my mom and dad. Dad passed away when I was in 6th grade in elementary school, so I don’t have a lot of memories. And my mom. I thought she was going to live for a long time. Even when she was dying, she had told me that she wouldn’t be able to rest peacefully for worrying about me. Did my mom send you to me?

And this says a lot about how she sees him. 

31 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, according to the preview, it seems as if MR's mother is going to give in on HJ and MR if it makes MR happy.

I don't trust Mirae's mom to not change her mind. Though it might happen that as soon as she gives in, HyunJae's mom will be the one who opposes. 

Thank you very much @stroppysefor taking the time to translate these clips! 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
9 hours ago, Min86 said:

I don't trust Mirae's mom to not change her mind. Though it might happen that as soon as she gives in, HyunJae's mom will be the one who opposes. 

True. HJ and MR have a long, long way to go. I'm not sure that HJ's mom is going to like MR, especially after finding out that she had already been married once before.

Also, once they figure out that MR is the daughter of the grandfather's long lost daughter, I expect there to be more fireworks about whether they can marry or not.

Regarding SJ and YA, I find it hard to be very sympathetic to them. They both just really need to grow up. Also, JH doesn't realize yet that he and YA can't be together either. The objection from his family is going to be fierce, especially once they realize that YA had been SJ's fiancee, whether real or faked. Actually, real or fake doesn't matter since SJ and YA had planned to go through with the marriage, even if they had to get a divorce later after they got the apartment and sold it.

YJ and HJun keep me interested in this drama.  It's rather sweet, YJ slowly coming to understand how much HJun already means to him, and HJun feeling appreciated rather than as if she was constantly having to chase him.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Written Preview ep 29:

미영의 말에 이상함을 감지한 진주는 수정에 대한 의심을 품기 시작한다. 한편, 경애는 집으로 인사온 해준을 보고 놀라며 탐탁지 않아하는데

Jinju, who senses something strange about Mi-yeong's words, begins to have doubts about Su-jeong. Meanwhile, Kyung-ae is surprised to see Hae-jun coming to her house to greet her, and she doesn't like it.

Here we go... :psweatduck:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Min86 Looks like he did. 

This cut so funny ...Dolt couple being all mushy in front of HJ! And I think YJ tells the 3 older folks he's gonna bring the GF to see them. Mum was so happy.....at first

but omoooooooo....mum was so shocked and remembered how she first met Hae Jun!

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Dolt couple being all mushy in front of HJ! And

I was cackling! His face at seeing them so lovey dovey :lmao2: And they told him, the want to marry, right?

Pleas @abs-oluteM, mommy Lee was shocked, scared and worried! It's going to be hard for them I think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aish...they are really gonna push the whole fake "incest" thing @stroppyse. They aren't even related by blood. :psweatduck:

Actually in Chinese culture it is always a good thing if husband & wife look alike since it could mean they are compatible.  LOL 

Also because HJ's cousin realised that MR and HJ are dating...the news must have gotten back to his dad .

Spoiler

And dad did ask HJ about MR...I cannot find the video cut but from Naver, I got this

Spoiler

Lee Min-ho (dad) asked about Hyun-mi-rae.  He said, "What is her job, what her age, and how did you meet?" Lee Hyun-jae replied, "She is a personal shopper by profession, and five years younger than me, so we met as she was  a client." Lee Min-ho asked, “What kind of lawsuit is it?” Lee Hyun-jae said, “This is a marriage annulment lawsuit."  Hearing this, Lee Min-ho was bewildered, saying, "Was she married?" Lee Hyun-jae explained, "She was deceived and only reported the marriage, and the marriage was annulled."

Oh my ...MR's aunty is gonna find out the truth about MR's mum adopted status????
Preview Ep 29

@Min86 Yes, the preview is not looking too positive for the potential daughter in laws!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh my ...MR's aunty is gonna find out the truth about MR's mum adopted status????

Now we know what purpose she has… to create trouble. As much as I wanted the truth to come out, this woman recording what a sick person is saying and using that… I find that horrible. 

Ugh! 

24 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes, the preview is not looking too positive for the potential daughter in laws!

I think the visit to the in Laws will end in a disaster… and the parents meeting MiRae will ho the same way 😩

tbh, I wonder how MiRae will deal with it. And HaeJun too. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Min86 said:

He proposed!!! I think!!!

Yes, he proposed. Translation of the scene.

YJ: I’m not used to these kinds of things. As you probably already know. And, I don’t like cringe-y things. To tell you the truth, you asked me to put some effort into it, so I was thinking of making a reservation at a a fantastic place. However, for some reason, that didn’t seem to fit well with me. And then your law firm. You said that your law firm was the most meaningful place to you. Right? So, I actually wanted to ask you there. But then things didn’t go to plan. Still, thinking about it, the thing about life is that things don’t go to plan.
HJun: Because things go to plan, sometimes, better things can happen. We also met in that way.
YJ: The meaning of these flowers is “unchanging love”. They’re pretty, aren’t they? You know people say that there is no such thing as love that doesn’t change. Do you want to try to make that with me?
YJ: You’re so demur today.
HJun: I totally love it. No. There is one thing that you left out. Do you know what that is?
YJ: What is it?

(KISSING! This couple is so cute!)

2 hours ago, Min86 said:

Now we know what purpose she has… to create trouble. As much as I wanted the truth to come out, this woman recording what a sick person is saying and using that… I find that horrible. 

Hmm, I don't particularly like her character. However, I can kind of understand why she recorded SJ's mother since she clearly doesn't trust SJ. It's so that when she confronted SJ, that SJ can't just deny it or say that she must have misheard her.

2 hours ago, Min86 said:

I think the visit to the in Laws will end in a disaster… and the parents meeting MiRae will ho the same way 😩

Agreed. The mother thought she had this sweet, innocent seeming, malleable girl as a DIL, only to realize that she had been part of a scam on her, so she's already feeling very betrayed. And, then she gets 2 prospective DILs who do not seem to be sweet or innocent or malleable.

Then again, the mother should stop thinking of herself and think about what is actually good and fitting for her sons. There is absolutely nothing wrong with HJun other than that she owns a successful law firm and so can't be a bland, wilting little flower. As for MR, she's got a failed "marriage" behind her, but she can be wilting and bland, so the mother has to get over herself, and then she'll probably like MR since she's less capable and weaker than HJun.

I'm getting rather tired of the mother since it's clear that she liked YA because she thought YA reminded her of herself, so she sees herself as being a bland, wilting flower as well, I guess.  Anyway, it's all about her. :lmao2:

Though I guess that is the same for MR's mother as well. It's all about her and being hypocritical as it suits her.

• Heart Eyes 1

Translation of the preview

HJun: I don’t think your mother likes me.
YJ: If my mother really didn’t like you, then she wouldn’t say anything at all to you.

HJun: Mother should also speak informally to me.
Father: You really dislike her that much?

YA: Wow, the store is really pretty!
Woman: But why didn’t you come with Soo Jae? I should give Soo Jae a call.
YA: Oh, but I have to leave now.
Woman: Okay. Between a Soo Jae cookie (a type of sugar cookie) and a macaron, which would you like to take with you?
YA: Macaron

Mother: Hyun Jae won’t be like that as well, will he? What is it? What kind of woman is she?
Father: Hyun Jae said that she was a client of his seeking an annulment of marriage.

HJ: When father comes out to meet you, is it okay if mom comes along as well?
MR: Your mother as well?

Mother: I’m opposed to that marriage as well.

Aunt: You know her? Isn’t she acting a little strangely?
Grandmother: What is strange?
Aunt: Soo Jung’s mother. Is she really just talking nonsense?

Aunt/SJ Mother: Husband, I’ll do as you say. Let’s raise Soo Jung. Don’t take her to the police station.
Aunt: If you take these words as said, doesn’t that mean that you were adopted?

Did I mention I was a bit tired of YJ's mother? She was lamenting all this time how her two older sons weren't getting married, and then they bring their choices as spouses home, and she rejects them out of hand because of her own hang ups? I know that she's going to come around eventually, but her failure to distinguish between who her sons want/need/love and her own hangups is a bit annoying right now. Though I guess there wouldn't be much of a drama if she didn't oppose her son's happiness for the sake of her own possible discomfort.

It's one of the problems of having such firmly held preferences to mind and not really thinking through what's important and what's inconsequential. As a mother, I would have thought what she wanted for her sons was to be truly loved and supported by their spouses. Heck, given YJ's money problems, having a DIL who can bring home big bucks is also a blessing. And, given HJ's fussiness, MR's acceptance and love is also good for HJ. In case she forgot, her sons YJ and HJ are also older. It would be very inappropriate of them to bring home prospective spouses fresh out of school, the way she seems to want her DILs to be. sigh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
28 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

This couple is so cute!)

They are! And I love how they have grown as a couple together and how willing they are to open up about their feelings, needs and wants. 

And I loved how with her eyes and smile, she let him know what he had left out lol!

The brother's mother should remember how desperate she was for her sons to marry and how she said she wouldn't complain or oppose bc honestly her expectations and her judgement are not the best. 

Not her complaining about her oldest who is 40, bringing a woman who is successful, cares for him and knows what she wants. Please, what was she expecting? A woman like the one he went on a blind date? A 20sth cute girl? 

:BulbaConfused:

And she will condemn Mirae before meeting her! Please, can her husband tell her to stop with that?!

In a way, it's better she met HaeJun first...she at least wasn't going completely blind about what her MiL might think of her...let's hope someone warns Mirae.

36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

However, I can kind of understand why she recorded SJ's mother since she clearly doesn't trust SJ. It's so that when she confronted SJ, that SJ can't just deny it or say that she must have misheard her.

Well, that's true...MiRae's mom has lived hiding her origins and she'd probably deny it. So, it seems her house of glass will be shattered. At least she'll be concerned with that and might leave Mirae and HyunJae some space.

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

In case she forgot, her sons YJ and HJ are also older. It would be very inappropriate of them to bring home prospective spouses fresh out of school, the way she seems to want her DILs to be. sigh.

EXACTLY THIS! The sons are almost 40...they need women not girls tbh. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Min86 said:

Well, that's true...MiRae's mom has lived hiding her origins and she'd probably deny it. So, it seems her house of glass will be shattered. At least she'll be concerned with that and might leave Mirae and HyunJae some space.

True. Having to deal with her own secrets out in the open may mean that she can't obsess over MR and HJ. Though the minute her true parentage comes to light, that's when we'll have tons of fauxcest type drama, I guess.

I'm expecting YJ's mother to get into some trouble that only HJun can help her out with. I don't see how else the mother will get over her blind prejudice.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
17 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm expecting YJ's mother to get into some trouble that only HJun can help her out with. I don't see how else the mother will get over her blind prejudice.

I hope it happens soon cause I wanna see them married soon 😂 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Well...this ep, like last one had a lot of scenes with MiRae's family and that makes it a little boring for me.

Mom Lee is not impressed with YoonJae's choice and I don't think she'll change her mind so soon.

Here's the written preview...

미래를 만난 경애는 이상하게 긴장이 되고. 실수로 물을 쏟게된다.
한편, 윤재와 함께 오빠 부부를 만나러 나간 해준은 오빠 부부가 자신의 결혼을 환영하지 않는것 같자 빈정이 상하는데...

Kyung-ae, who meets the future, is strangely nervous. Accidentally spilling water
Meanwhile, Hae-jun, who goes out with Yoon-jae to meet his brother and his wife, is hurt by her sarcasm when his brother-in-law doesn't seem to welcome his marriage.

Hope @stroppyse can give us a more accurate interpretation...please.

Edited by Min86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am out of town & have not much time to go through all the cuts . But am a little disappointed with mum’s prejudice against Hae Jun 

HJ even mentions it here to YJ 

Mum’s explanation to dad about how she met HaeJun & how that freaked her out ? A bit unfair , no ? 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Min86 said:

Hope @stroppyse can give us a more accurate interpretation...please.

Text preview translation:

Kyung Ae who has met Mi Rae becomes strangely anxious. She accidentally spills the water. Meanwhile, Hae Jun who has gone with Yoon Jae to meet her brother and his wife has her feelings hurt that they aren’t happy about her wedding…

Episode 30 preview

JH: Did you pass?
YA: Yes!
Friend: So, you’ll probably quit Bong Foods as well then.
YA: I just thought of one person that I want to share this good news with.

SJ: Do you know what I find the most difficult right now? Wondering why I had dragged Yoon Ah into this mess.

JH: Thanks to you, Yoon Ah-shi, we’ve come this far.
YA: If that’s true, than that’s good.

Wife: Why haven’t you gotten married until now?
YJ: It’s not that I didn’t, it’s that I couldn’t.
Brother: What will you do about a house?

YJ: Your brother said he didn’t like me?

HJun: You’re not getting married yet, are you?
HJ: Marriage? It hasn’t even been a year since Mi Rae’s annulment, so how well would that be received anyway.

MH: Her maternal grandmother being ill, how is she now?

Aunt: Did you keep taking care of that child?
Grandmother: Stop it already!

MR Father: Are you ill? It feels as if you may have a fever even. At least go get a health check up. You’re going to continue going to the hospital anyway.

HJ Grandfather: I have to let her know about the family medical history. She has to be careful with her liver. I hope she’s taking good care of it.

• Sad 2
12 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Text preview translation:

Kyung Ae who has met Mi Rae becomes strangely anxious. She accidentally spills the water. Meanwhile, Hae Jun who has gone with Yoon Jae to meet her brother and his wife has her feelings hurt that they aren’t happy about her wedding…

Thank you!! 

Ugh, I wonder what the mom will say now about MiRae. And Poor HaeJun 🥺

Edited by Min86
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Mum’s explanation to dad about how she met HaeJun & how that freaked her out ? A bit unfair , no ? 

The mum is being really prejudiced and silly now. Can't even imagine if the guys had brought home non-Korean girlfriends! Then again, I guess there are still plenty of older Koreans who are prejudiced in lots of weird ways.

It actually kind of made me laugh at the mum's comment to Hae Jun that the father couldn't speak informally to HJun because of HJun's old age. Heck, when did 2 years older than her son become so prohibitively old? Unless, the mum was 2 years old when she had YJ, the mum is still completely ancient compared to HJun, and so shouldn't have any trouble speaking informally to her.

And, now, mum is going to be against MR as well. It looks as if instead of being grateful that her sons are finally seriously considering life partners and marriages, the mum only wants innocent, young girls to join the family. I wonder if she would really prefer that her sons be single for the rest of their lives rather than bring home loving, supportive woman who don't happen to meet her ideals of an acceptable DIL.  Then again, she was scammed by the woman she thought was an ideal DIL, so wish she would just chill and be happy for her sons.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The mum is being really prejudiced and silly now. Can't even imagine if the guys had brought home non-Korean girlfriends! Then again, I guess there are still plenty of older Koreans who are prejudiced in lots of weird ways.

It actually kind of made me laugh at the mum's comment to Hae Jun that the father couldn't speak informally to HJun because of HJun's old age. Heck, when did 2 years older than her son become so prohibitively old? Unless, the mum was 2 years old when she had YJ, the mum is still completely ancient compared to HJun, and so shouldn't have any trouble speaking informally to her.

And, now, mum is going to be against MR as well. It looks as if instead of being grateful that her sons are finally seriously considering life partners and marriages, the mum only wants innocent, young girls to join the family. I wonder if she would really prefer that her sons be single for the rest of their lives rather than bring home loving, supportive woman who don't happen to meet her ideals of an acceptable DIL.  Then again, she was scammed by the woman she thought was an ideal DIL, so wish she would just chill and be happy for her sons.

Really she has gone completely overboard with her opinions and her prejudices now. 

I had hope that the dolts would marry soon but instead I think they’ll face more issues now. With his finances and the opposition of his family. 

I also wonder how the mom will stop with this attitude towards HaeJun and MiRae. She should be happy these two women are so different bc certainly naive and young didn’t not work out for her!

ans it seems as if MiRae’s mom might be forced to look for her family if she’s sick? 

• Like 2

I am crying watching my energetic, funny and chaotic HaeJun so down!!! I can't :cry: 

It seems though, that MiRae left a good impression on Mom Lee...at least...but the woman is still against her oldest marriage.

Here are the clips from the meeting with the brother and his wife:

:letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Written preview:

수정의 숨겨왔던 고백에 정자는 충격에 빠지고 쓰러진다.
한편, 윤재와 해준은 본격적인 결혼준비를 시작하고. 경애는 둘의 결혼이 내키지 않자 반대하는 마음을 내비치는데...

Jeongja falls in shock and collapses at Sujeong's hidden confession.
Meanwhile, Yoon-jae and Hae-jun start preparing for their wedding in earnest. When Kyung-ae is not happy with the marriage between the two, she expresses her opposition...

:nervous:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1