It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Plus, their bickering has been fun to watch. Haha! 

Definitely! They show really good chemistry. I feel for her having a crush on YJ. I want to see him fall for her as well though rather than go on any more stupid blind dates.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Hyun Jae is probably going to turn down Mi Rae's confession.

Probably. I believe HJ when he says that love isn't all that because he's been passionately in love before to the point he thought it was everything, but then it passed, and it wasn't everything. However, MR is rather sweet when she says that she's never felt that way about anyone before.

I think as long as the ex is in the story, it's going to just continue to drag. I think HJ is supposed to just let her drag into things, not because he has any feelings for her, but because of the sake of their history, and he seems to pity her. Still, bleah, bleah, bleah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I like the lawyer. His story is interesting.

Oh Minsook is really humorous 😃

Yes, i think that most of us posting in this thread, at least, agree that YJ, the lawyer, is the most fun to watch. Good thing that he's not a second lead in his romance this time, so that there isn't a main lead who is going to get sidelined. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

My goodness I really hope Hyun Jae ex will end her law suit and extended cameo soon.. Her pity party and guilt tripping Hyun Jae really annoyed me to the max. I kinda FF her scenes because I had enough of her screen time... Now that the only things left for her divorce law suit is the assets and property division, I hope it can end soon... But I guess she wouldn't leave without ruining Hyun Jae life geez. She lied to Mi Rae... Hopefully it won't go beyond Mi Rae imagination and it will become a good push for Hyun Jae to initiate and start his relationship with Mi Rae soon.. 

I enjoyed watching Yoon Jae and Hae Jun bicker and petty fight.. When they are being childish for calling each other just to make sure they keep the promise to keep in contact, it was so funny :laugh: I really hope their relationship will go smoothly. 

For the youngest relationship, for now I don't really put my interest of their relationship as of yet. They are cute and sweet but because they introduced their relationship based on lie, I don't know whether it will go smoothly or not.. It will break the Lee brothers mom for sure because she adores Yoo Na. 

For the adoption plot, I guess we will see the progress whether Mi Rae's mom is the lost daughter or not once we saw the tattoo in her feet? I wonder why up until now she never had any flashback about her past life. She's focused in living her current life and taking care of her adoptive mother. Maybe once Hyun Jae and Mi Rae have a stable progress? Hmm :thinking: around episodes 20 probably... 

I've been thinking a lot whether to keep this drama as my current watching list or not, but since by episode 10 I'm still curious enough and had fun so far, I'll put it under my list... Let's hope for a good story until the end..

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@LaLa, good to see you here!

Yes, HJ's ex is super annoying, and just totally shameless. I keep yelling at my screen at HJ for being an idiot and letting his ex force him to do things. He should just tell her no and walk off whenever she waits for him or waylays him. Not to mention that when she barges into his office, he should just tell her that she doesn't have an appointment, and then leave, if he has to. He has to set and enforce boundaries, or else she thinks that they're doing push-pull or something stupid like that.

I think MR's mother is the lost child. That should make for some angst, especially if MR's grandmother and HJ's grandfather decide to become a couple.

YJ and HJ are my favorite parts!

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

They are cute and sweet but because they introduced their relationship based on lie, I don't know whether it will go smoothly or not.. It will break the Lee brothers mom for sure because she adores Yoo Na. 

I'm expecting their relationship to get rocky really fast. They're starting to become aware of one another, but I'm still expecting a love triangle to develop with the Bong Foods Executive Director. And their relationship will probably be revealed as a lie and create all sorts of havoc, and it will probably happen right as they realize that they've fallen for each other.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks "Killing Color" for a style consultancy to be a terrible name?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@LaLa, good to see you here!

Glad to see you here as well.. after taking a break from the last kbs weekend drama, here I'm back to the newest one.. I guess now that I'm getting old this kind of family drama will always pick up my interest, depends on how the story goes hahaha.. 

I think MR's mother is the lost child. That should make for some angst, especially if MR's grandmother and HJ's grandfather decide to become a couple

Oh please no angst about grandparents :nervous: the untold lie that Mi Rae's mom is adoptive daughter of the professor's family has yet to be released. I'm sure the grandma will make a fuss being lied and betrayed and it will take several episodes to cover.. and also if Hyun Jae and Mi Rae do decide to pursue relationship and then the adoptive siblings of the Grandpa Lee got revealed, won't it also become another problem they have to tackle? Unless grandpa revoked his adoption and Min Ho choose to use his previous family name that will change the brothers surname as well? Thinking about those plot already gave a headache but I could see the potential of that plot in the future :pandaheadstomp: Let's hope I will be wrong..

I wonder if Mi Rae and her brother knew about that fact that her mother is not the biological daughter of their maternal grandparents? :thinking: Lee brothers seemed to know about the adoption of their father. Min Ho and the Grandpa never hide the fact they were looking for the lost daughter / sister / aunt. 

I'm expecting their relationship to get rocky really fast. They're starting to become aware of one another, but I'm still expecting a love triangle to develop with the Bong Foods Executive Director

Yoo Na doesn't want to marry yet I guess. In the preview Soo Jae doesn't mind if he has to marry her because they like each other enough at this stage, but liking eachother and having some hobbies isn't the only base for marriage, no? I guess soon their lie will be discovered when the mother keep pushing for marriage and family meeting with Yoo Na's parents. And for a love triangle.. hmm Mi Rae's brother might develop some feelings but so far I think Yoo Na doesn't find him attractive. She's kinda annoyed with his actions hahaha

Btw, am I the only one who thinks "Killing Color" for a style consultancy to be a terrible name?

I don't have enough knowledge in fashion and style but I do think that name isn't that good. Mi Rae's choice might be better? Because her name does have a literal meaning for future lol

• Like 4

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

ahahah me... I laughed so hard when MR thought she striked jackpot coming up with the name.

10 hours ago, LaLa said:

Yoo Na doesn't want to marry yet I guess. In the preview Soo Jae doesn't mind if he has to marry her because they like each other enough at this stage, but liking eachother and having some hobbies isn't the only base for marriage, no? I guess soon their lie will be discovered when the mother keep pushing for marriage and family meeting with Yoo Na's parents. And for a love triangle.. hmm Mi Rae's brother might develop some feelings but so far I think Yoo Na doesn't find him attractive. She's kinda annoyed with his actions hahaha

I am assuming with that kiss their feelings for each other are pretty much confirmed but it really does look like she's not ready for a real marriage ( as much as I think she likes Soo Jae) . More than her and Soo Jae, actually like her interactions with the mother. You can tell the ladies really enjoy each other's company and mother is going to be heartbroken if she ever finds out this was a scheme.

In some strange way MR's bro has chemistry with her too and this may result in a love triangle.

On 5/1/2022 at 4:50 PM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Oh Minsook is really humorous 😃

IKR...his scenes are so funny and like Shim, I keep calling him "Dolt" now. He is really clueless with women isn't he? But I do enjoy his interactions with Shim and find them such a cute pair.

----------------

So I do love YSY's Hyun Jae but I was so annoyed with HJ ever since the ex appeared. I get it that she was probably the love of his life before she broke his heart and of course there's plenty of history between them. But his words and actions don't match. He is supposedly drawing the line but yet they go out and eat together etc. She puts her head on his shoulder , and he doesn't shove it off. Yes, I was irritated. It was fortunate he chose to go to MR at the end of eps 10 or I would write this relationship off. MR's mum is right, if a guy likes you it shouldn't be so complicated.

But this clingy annoying ex is still going to cause problems as per preview 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I may have to give this one a rest for a few weeks. It seems as if HJ is going to be hanging out with his ex which is just so not interesting. Also, Lawyer Shim and YJ have very few scenes. Anyway, it doesn't feel as if there is any momentum to the story line. 

Btw, please note that I'm a couple of episodes behind still since I'm watching on broadcast tv, so if anyone wants to tell me that it gets better soon than later, that would be much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, please note that I'm a couple of episodes behind still since I'm watching on broadcast tv, so if anyone wants to tell me that it gets better soon than later, that would be much appreciated.

Which episode are you at? I believe there was some change towards the end last week (eps 10)

I hadn't had a chance to watch eps 11 yet. But I will shortly. 

I see that MR has had a hairstyle change...time jump? I know the ex must have messed things up. MR looks really mad here

BF.29895150.1.jpg

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Eps 11 turned out better than I had expected. Personally, I am only interested in the love lines of the brothers (the older two in particular) and I have been skipping quite a bit of the side stories of the other relatives and just watch on FF button other scenes that don't interest me. :laugh:

So Yoon Jae and Shin had a lot screen time & some very interesting development. This dolt of a man finally realises that all the attention that she had been throwing at him maybe because she likes him. So by the end of the episode, he finally asked her. She tells him that she does but he tells her he doesn't feel the same. :hug:...but...this will not be the end of the road for these two. The preview sees them dating somehow. I can't wait to see what went on there.

As to Soo Jae - so he and HyunA confirmed their feelings for each other. Mum wants to meet her parents so Soo Jae tells HyunA that they should marry for real. But she is not ready for that sort of commitment . So of course now with real feelings , things are abit more complicated. But the two still want to keep this as a business deal, so Soo Jae convinces his mother to write his brothers off the competition since he says it is unlikely they both will marry. LOL

Finally the couple that I am most invested in. MR's pretty much accepted that HJ doesn't like her the way she likes him and in episode 11 there was no big progress between the two. But HJ's ex made a good point - she asked him if he realises MR likes him and he says yes. She also pointed out that it seems now that he also likes her (given how he left her and went to MR at the end of eps 10 when MR called him for help). He didn't deny it.

And the major spoiler for tonight:

Hateful ex decided to use MR's phone to call HJ, and cause misunderstanding. MR was angry & didn't want to be messed with. HJ finally tells her he likes her
MR: Are you kidding me now?
HJ: No, I'm serious

• Like 4

I guess the various romances are proceeding. YJ and Lawyer Shin are having a "som", so that stage where they're interested, but not dating. Where it might become serious or it might just be a separation as they lose interest in each other. I had to laugh at their relationship as they agreed to a som, though I actually had some sympathy for YJ who noted that before they were in a som, Lawyer Shin was looking at him with longing gazes and hanging on his word, and now that they are dating, she's screeching at him. Not that he doesn't deserve it.:lmao2:

I guess HJ's ex actually did him a favor, setting him up to confess to MR. I still find this plot line flat, so hope that there is some more momentum if HJ and MR actually decide they like each other.

As for SJ, it feels as if his deal to buy the gym might be a scam of some kind. Or maybe not a scam, but possibly leave SJ saddled with debts or something else less than optimal. Is it just me, or are SJ and Yoona kind of blah? Or perhaps it's just that their romance that isn't engaging me very much right now.

I"m not sure how I feel about the rest of the family scenes, though I appreciated the grandfather doing yoga and being pretty good at it. Then again, he was a ballerino after all. :laugh: Anyway, the grandfather's sister and her family are all kind of annoying. Though to be fair, we really have seen just the sister's daughter-in-law who is pretty rude and crass and self-serving thus far. Hopefully, the family dynamics will improve in terms of how the family members interact with each other and rely on each other.

Speaking of family dynamics, I thought it was interesting that YJ and HJ seem pretty close, while SJ seems more separate from his brothers. I guess this is somewhat normal in siblings that some are close than others?

Anyway, thanks @Tofu for pulling me back into this drama. YJ and Lawyer Shin crack me up.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 5/9/2022 at 12:29 PM, stroppyse said:

I guess the various romances are proceeding. YJ and Lawyer Shin are having a "som", so that stage where they're interested, but not dating. Where it might become serious or it might just be a separation as they lose interest in each other. I had to laugh at their relationship as they agreed to a som, though I actually had some sympathy for YJ who noted that before they were in a som, Lawyer Shin was looking at him with longing gazes and hanging on his word, and now that they are dating, she's screeching at him. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

I liked that they decided to date casually - I think YJ made a good call on this one because he is giving them a chance to get to know each other instead of just writing it off since he doesn't feel as strongly about her like the way she feels for him. Their interactions are the best and I love their bickering. :laugh:Of course the mum didn't exactly have a good impression of her and I can imagine there might be some issues there should she find out who he's dating. But I am assuming that mum will come round to accepting her.

The other thing that made me laugh was Soo Jae convincing Mum that the other two are out of the running and that the apartment should go to him. Soo Jae is truly mum's favourite and he has a way to get her to do his bidding. Of course, with YJ now showing interest in someone and with HyunJae-Mi Rae's development, the competition remains wide open. Soo Jae though is getting duped with that gym contract thing. 

Finally - HJ and MR...I was quite annoyed with the ex but at the end it was thanks to her that HJ realised his feelings for MR. My favourite part was actually when MR told him not to mess with her feelings, and that she didn't want to get caught between him and his ex. MR may be a sweet & kind person, but at least when it matters she can stand up for herself and handles issues with grace. 

By the way @stroppyse local viewers gave nicknames to 3 couples. I know YJ and Shim are called "Disaster Couple " ! What about the other two?

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202205121748366310

OST 1

Spoiler

OST 2

OST 3 

• Like 1

Hello chingus! It's my first time here and I just wanted to say I love this drama so far and can't wait to read your comments.

Here's the written preview for ep 14:

The future regrets the suddenly canceled dinner appointment with the present. Currently, he is sorry and heads home after meeting with the client.
Meanwhile, Kyung-cheol, who had a car accident, hides the truth from Min-ho and goes home.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hi @Min86 . Welcome here. :Party01: Glad you joined us and thanks for the preview.

SPOILER for eps 13

I am waiting for the episode to be subbed but from what I read on Naver, HJ and MR have started dating and after that confession - it was  officially their 1st day. MR of course was excited. And their initial dates didn't quite go as plan. So she tried to make lunch for him but since he's such a good cook , he somewhat gave some "feedback" of what she should have added in. LOL! 

From Naver: 

it's beautiful now

Mirae was upset , saying, "So,  it doesn't suit your taste?" and the HJ answered "It's delicious, objectively", and  MR asked , 'What is objectively delicious? Taste should be subjective"

:laugh:

And later on in the episode , she was telling him how it was so hard for her family to teach her to drive. He volunteered to teach & she was so happy. So they were supposed to meet but last minute had to cancel because a client called urgently

1652530924385147.jpg

Anyhow HJ told his father that he's now dating. Dad was of course so happy...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Glad you joined us and thanks for the preview.

I'm glad to be here :) 

It seems to me that both Hyun Jae and his older brother Yoon Jae need to take some notes from Soo Jae :laugh:

Mirae was def not very happy with the comments lol! And her mother was even less impressed. I think she'll be a hard one to win over. Nevermind when their connection comes out.

Soo Jae imo is not really being fair, he's rushing his mother (who is very biased rn and not thinking how her youngest son who has no stable income would be able to mantain and provide) he's rushing YooNa and I hope that won't end badly.

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun are as usual at odds with each other, trying to figure out how to go from where they are.

It seems like a new woman will come to put a strain in the HyunMi relationship and the fact that Hae Jun intervened with Yoon Jae's chances at the TV program will likely come out soon. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
On 5/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, abs-oluteM said:

By the way @stroppyse local viewers gave nicknames to 3 couples. I know YJ and Shim are called "Disaster Couple " ! What about the other two?

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202205121748366310

I took a glimpse or the article and actually they made combination of the name. 

Hyun Jae Mi Rae as Hyun Mi. The literal means of their combination name 현미 is brown rice. 

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun as Jae Hae. The literal means of their combination name 재해 is disaster. 

Soo Jae and Yoo Na as Jae Na. I tried to look up for the meaning of 재나 in dictionary, but the results that came out is measure (?) I don't know if it's right or not. I'll have to see what @stroppyse takes about the article. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Min86  Who is the new woman in the Hyun Mi love line ? I was so annoyed with his ex before this.  Poor Mi Rae - keeps getting tested 

The actress is Nam Bora. https://twitter.com/MPD626/status/1525471182140899329?s=20&t=tVpNrIOUlM8DEYeFYlXVMw 

It seems she'll be working on that drama that Hyun Jae is supposed to help with. The one Hae Jun mentioned before?

Yes, it seems MiRae might get annoyed and tbh I could understand why. Hyun Jae better set clear boundaries and start making time for MiRae too.

5 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I took a glimpse or the article and actually they made combination of the name. 

Hyun Jae Mi Rae as Hyun Mi. The literal means of their combination name 현미 is brown rice. 

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun as Jae Hae. The literal means of their combination name 재해 is disaster. 

Soo Jae and Yoo Na as Jae Na. I tried to look up for the meaning of 재나 in dictionary, but the results that came out is measure (?) I don't know if it's right or not. I'll have to see what @stroppyse takes about the article. 

Thanks for the explanation! 

Do you by any chance know what or if the names of the characters have also another meaning? I mean, like Hyun Jae = present and MiRae= future? What about the others?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, LaLa said:

재나 is a conjugation of 재다 which is to measure.

As you say, the couple names are really just taking syllables from the couples' names and put together. I'm not sure what they mean by JaeNa, though there is a word similar to that which also means accident or disaster, similar to JaeHae 재해.

6 hours ago, Min86 said:

Do you by any chance know what or if the names of the characters have also another meaning? I mean, like Hyun Jae = present and MiRae= future? What about the others?

Since Hyun Jae and Mi Rae are the leads, their names are the most meaningful, and Hyun Jae's name is incorporated into the title of the drama.

As for the others, Yoon Jae and Soo Jae were probably named to be familial with Hyun Jae. Yoon Jae probably means shining one. The word Soo Jae, spelled the way the name of the character in this drama, is also the word for a disciple or student, though there is also a homonymic for soo jae which means silverware.

Their respective female leads' names, however, probably have more meaning. Hae Jun could have a couple of different meanings, i.e. to have given you the sun or perhaps to have done something for you. Yoo Na is probably meant to be unusual or exceptional.

Just my thoughts. @LaLamay have some other interpretation for you. Welcome to the thread!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1
11 hours ago, Min86 said:

Unfortunately I also only know the literal meaning of Hyun Jae and Mi Rae in Korean words too like you. 

@stroppyse has more knowledge about Korean than me, so I think her explanation is correct too. And from what I knew while learning the language and culture from internet and by watching, usually Korean would use Hanja (Chinese characters) when they give name to their children. From there, you will know the real meaning behind their names. But sometimes there are also names that are not derived from any Chinese characters but just pure a Korean words, for example like the name of the children in this drama (the nieces and nephews of Hyun Jae from his cousin ) Ha Neul 하늘 (sky), Ba Da 바다 (sea), Hae 해 (sun). 

But since I'm still far from mastering the language since mostly I learned it from internet, I might be wrong too. And welcome to the thread! 

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As you say, the couple names are really just taking syllables from the couples' names and put together. I'm not sure what they mean by JaeNa, though there is a word similar to that which also means accident or disaster, similar to JaeHae 재해.

Ahh that's why there's also disaster option while I try to look it up on the dictionary. Thanks as always:)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Thank you @stroppyse and @LaLa for the comments!

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hae Jun could have a couple of different meanings, i.e. to have given you the sun or perhaps to have done something for you

That would be imo veru accurate in the case of her coming to Yoon Jae's life. 

Let's see what today's episode brings. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

But look at this ...hahaahah...must be them imagining their wedding

It seems like it! I just saw the preview and Soo Jae is dreaming about marrying at the gym. 

Why does it feel like he's going to get scammed? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Min86 said:

It seems like it! I just saw the preview and Soo Jae is dreaming about marrying at the gym. 

Why does it feel like he's going to get scammed? 

He's gonna get scammed for sure. But from the preview is there gonna be competition from YuNa's boss ( MR's bro?). It seems there may be some attraction there?

• Like 2