It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

He's gonna get scammed for sure. But from the preview is there gonna be competition from YuNa's boss ( MR's bro?). It seems there may be some attraction there?

Yeah, he is...he's heading that way for sure. And There's supposed to be a love triangle for the youngest couple, so yes. I actually like YooNa better with MiRae's brother :lenny: It seems to me that Soo Jae will have to grow some.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
24 minutes ago, Min86 said:

I actually like YooNa better with MiRae's brother 

Me too. I kind of find there to be more chemistry between the two.

Soo Jae is so not ready for something serious. The only person that I would feel a bit bad for if Soo Jae and YN don't work out is  YJ's mum. She really likes YN and they both hit it off so well. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Me too. I kind of find there to be more chemistry between the two.

Soo Jae is so not ready for something serious. The only person that I would feel a bit bad for if Soo Jae and YN don't work out is  YJ's mum. She really likes YN and they both hit it off so well. 

Yeah, I think the same. I mean, he wants to, but I don't think he's ready for marriage rn. 

Well, the mom will probably be sad but when she finds out about them lying to get the apartment she'll probably be very angry. She did say they spent years paying for that apartment. 

• Like 3

Today's episode was for the most part HILARIOUS. 

I loved the brothers interactions. We had cute Soo Jae - Yoo Na moments, Yoon Jae and Hae Jun are moving forward and Hyun Jae and Mi Rae had also a couple of beautiful scenes. 

The grandparents are rebelling and I loved their scenes lol.

Here's the written preview:

현재와 미래는 데이트를 즐기며 본격적인 연애를 시작한다. 한편, 민호는 속내를 털어놓으며 눈물을 보이는 경철을 보자 복잡한 마음이 드는데

And that's the translation I got...

The present and the future enjoy dating and start dating in earnest. On the other hand, when Minho sees Kyung-cheol showing tears as he confides in her, she has a complicated heart.

Have a nice weekend chingus!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Min86 Looks like he tried to teach her to drive, and she got distracted when the competition called. :laugh: Poor MR...she's feeling insecure because the writer, Eugene seems to hit it off with HJ. I hope that HJ can reassure her since theirs is such a new relationship. Also looking forward to see YJ and Hae Jun. The bicycling scene looks hilarious!

optimize

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Min86 Looks like he tried to teach her to drive, and she got distracted when the competition called. :laugh: Poor MR...she's feeling insecure because the writer, Eugene seems to hit it off with HJ. I hope that HJ can reassure her since theirs is such a new relationship. Also looking forward to see YJ and Hae Jun. The bicycling scene looks hilarious!

optimize

I can't stop laughing with Yoon Jae and Hae Jun. Their scenes are so chaotic, I love them!

Hyun Jae and MiRae are so lovely together, but it seems HJ needs to learn to put some distance with his clients and MiRae also will need to learn that he's one busy person.

Soo Jae and Yoo Na... I have conflicting emotions about them tbh. They're cute and I like how mature Yoo Na is, but it seems to me like they are rushing too much. 

I also enjoyed the elders scenes very much.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Min86 said:

I can't stop laughing with Yoon Jae and Hae Jun. Their scenes are so chaotic, I love them!

I have to admit that they are the ones who keep me coming back for more of this drama right now while I can get so exasperated with HJ and SJ, and their respective partners.

1 hour ago, Min86 said:

Hyun Jae and MiRae are so lovely together, but it seems HJ needs to learn to put some distance with his clients and MiRae also will need to learn that he's one busy person.

I thought that HJ was putting a distance between himself and his clients, and what made MR so special was that he's personally interested in her. I mean, yeah, there is all that stuff with his ex-gf, but she clearly doesn't mean anything to him any more. I have to say that it's so brazen of the ex-gf to ask him to handle her divorce and to make a play to get HJ back. Seriously shameless and no self-reflection at all as a human being.

1 hour ago, Min86 said:

So Jae and Yoo Na... I have conflicting emotions about them tbh. They're cute and I like how mature Yoo Na is, but it seems to me like they are rushing too much. 

I also agree with everyone that SJ and YN are not ready to get married even if they are now interested in each other. Also, SJ is definitely going to get scammed somehow in that deal that he made.

YN is mature in some ways, especially since it turns out that she's the breadwinner for her family. However, she's also immature in terms of being in a relationship.

What they really need to do is date for awhile to see how their interest and relationship might grow, but there is their contract marriage in the way of that. I'm not sure how YN is going to manage to get married without letting her family know. I can see that the contract marriage is going to backfire on SJ and YN, and SJ's grandfather and parents are going to very disappointed to realize that SJ and YN had lied to them to try to get the money for themselves.

6 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Seems that grandpa likes Mirae's grannie lol

I was curious as to where they were going to go with this. If the grandpa and grandma do become a couple, it's going to be even more family lines becoming entangled, though I think the problem will be cultural rather than legal.

Every time the grandpa is in a yoga scene, I still burst out into a bit of laughter as I think to myself that the grandpa used to be a ballerino so the yoga should be easy peasy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun are the best thing about this show currently. The bike scene was hilarious, so different from what Hae Jun was thinking. Haha! Yoon Jae is quite charming without putting much effort into it. 

Hyun Jae is a bit frustrating to watch. I don't understand why he just doesn't tell the writer it's his day off or he's with his girlfriend so he can't meet. It makes sense why Mi Rae is feeling insecure about their relationship. He's not really putting that much effort in, even Yoon Jae is doing a much better job in his causal relationship. 

I think Soo Jae and Yoo Na are rushing their relationship too. Plus, I think Yoo Na matched Mi Rae's brother. 😅

Was anyone bothered by Hyun Jae's hair changing back and forth? They should have waited until they filmed all his scenes to cut his hair. His hair when he was bidding the writer goodbye to when he caught up with Mi Rae was different even though it was within the same scene. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Was anyone bothered by Hyun Jae's hair changing back and forth? They should have waited until they filmed all his scenes to cut his hair. His hair when he was bidding the writer goodbye to when he caught up with Mi Rae was different even though it was within the same scene. 

LOL. I thought that it was a thing to not let anyone cut their hair until the drama was finished? Though, I guess both MR and HJ have gone hairstyle changes. Actually, I think MR looks better after her hairstyle change.

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hyun Jae is a bit frustrating to watch.

Yes

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The ep 1 case that HJ taking care of, reminded me of Johny Depp and Amber case haha... 

Am not following the case. They both seem pretty nasty to me.

edit: Got curious so went and read up on it a little. I can't believe people are actually sticking up for Johnny Depp and trashing Amber Heard so hard. He seems as if he can be an out of control monster. I'm not a fan of his anyway, but definitely wouldn't watch anything with him in it now.

Glad you're watching this drama with us.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I have to admit that they are the ones who keep me coming back for more of this drama right now while I can get so exasperated with HJ and SJ, and their respective partners.

I wish we'd see more scenes of them together. Hopefully soon. As of now, they really get very little time together in comparison to the other two couples.

I absolutely love seeing Yoon Jae (yes, the dolt) being so attentive. I mean, yes he doesn't know a lot, but he's taking the time to ask her what she wants and to study her. It's like he's trying to "learn" her. 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun are the best thing about this show currently. The bike scene was hilarious, so different from what Hae Jun was thinking. Haha! Yoon Jae is quite charming without putting much effort into it. 

LOL! I kept laughing... She was really expecting the whole "romantic, dramatic" moment and the poor man could barely breathe :lmao2:

But since the moment she called him in this ep, he's been trying to figure her out. Lovely. I thought he'd be the worst of the 3 brothers, but he surprised me. Hyun Jae too, and I was not that impressed by it.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hyun Jae is a bit frustrating to watch. I don't understand why he just doesn't tell the writer it's his day off or he's with his girlfriend so he can't meet. It makes sense why Mi Rae is feeling insecure about their relationship.

I also don't get it. He always claims he can keep the lines between work and personal life separate, but so far I'm afraid I haven't seen that. He got involved with Mirae and as @stroppyse wrote, I also assumed it was bc she was special. But then the ex came. And now this woman who is clearly after something else. Even if MiRae imo is too invested so soon, his attitude is the one that bothers me the most. Hope she puts a stop to that. Apparently he'll need to reevaluate his actions.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think Soo Jae and Yoo Na are rushing their relationship too. Plus, I think Yoo Na matched Mi Rae's brother.

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I also agree with everyone that SJ and YN are not ready to get married even if they are now interested in each other. Also, SJ is definitely going to get scammed somehow in that deal that he made.

Yes, def these two are rushing and that's going to end badly. Though in the preview, there's a hint that YN might put a stop to it all. I'd prefer she does. The mother in law will be devastated though.

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

If the grandpa and grandma do become a couple, it's going to be even more family lines becoming entangled, though I think the problem will be cultural rather than legal.

Well, cultural problems are also very big for some ppl or at least in some societies. I wonder if these two will become a couple or just stay as the trio of companions with granpa's sister.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Was anyone bothered by Hyun Jae's hair changing back and forth?

Please, it bothered me more than I thought! And I fear will see that same thing happening at least next episodes too. Ugh! How did they think it would not be obvious?!

Also, how aboutour eldest couple going clubbing?! I do think it's going to be one of Hae Jun's wishes, but those seconds were hilarious! Is it only my impression that she didn't get to do much craziness while younger because she was so focused on being successful? I had that thought when she took Yoon Jae to the amusement park, when she said she didn't get to do that bc her dad was sick.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
17 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Well, cultural problems are also very big for some ppl or at least in some societies. I wonder if these two will become a couple or just stay as the trio of companions with granpa's sister.

I find the grandpa's sister really annoying. I'm fine with the grandpa and grandma staying friends rather than becoming more, but I hope they can ditch the little sister.

18 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Is it only my impression that she didn't get to do much craziness while younger because she was so focused on being successful? I had that thought when she took Yoon Jae to the amusement park, when she said she didn't get to do that bc her dad was sick.

I totally got that impression as well that she did not have much time or opportunity to do childish things as a child. She probably just worked really hard to finish school, get her law degree and start her law firm.

It's kind of cute how she wants to do all these couple-y things that she has not had a chance to do before. It makes me wonder if she's ever even really dated a guy. I'm sure she's been on dates, but not in a relationship. And, it's cute how YJ tries to accommodate her. I like the way you put it, that he's learning about her.

I'm so impressed with Oh Min Suk. He's charmed me before in a drama, and I find him charming here as well, and I think it's the way he interprets the character of Yoon Jae so that YJ is charming and quirky rather than coming across as an insensitive jerk.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I find the grandpa's sister really annoying. I'm fine with the grandpa and grandma staying friends rather than becoming more, but I hope they can ditch the little sister.

She tends to annoy me too! But I laugh mainly when she interacts with MiRae's grandma...their bickering is funny. 

Yeah, I also would be fine with that, but I think they'd be a cute couple :D

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I totally got that impression as well that she did not have much time or opportunity to do childish things as a child. She probably just worked really hard to finish school, get her law degree and start her law firm.

It's kind of cute how she wants to do all these couple-y things that she has not had a chance to do before. It makes me wonder if she's ever even really dated a guy. I'm sure she's been on dates, but not in a relationship.

That's what I thought too. I don't think she's really being in a relationship. Her actions do not say so. She probably has been on dates and the rest she has kind of learned bc of her profession, but I think her inexperience is almost as the one from Yoon Jae. 

It's really interesting how they are both intelligent, but so, so different. I was :wow: when Yoon Jae kept looking at her, trying to find clues to her reactions and behaviour. He's studying her. Didn't his brother say he was always a nerd, good at studying? 

14 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm so impressed with Oh Min Suk. He's charmed me before in a drama, and I find him charming here as well, and I think it's the way he interprets the character of Yoon Jae so that YJ is charming and quirky rather than coming across as an insensitive jerk.

He's great, isn't he? I saw him first in "All about my mom" where his character had such an interesting journey...I hated him at first and ended up liking him so much at the end. 

For all that these two are not the Main Couple, I think their performances are great and more challenging than most.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Gosh the sister is very loud and noisy when the three of them are together. I didn't know whether it was something problematic with her, or she felt inferior to the two because she was the least in term of wealth. She and her family are basically living off from Grandpa. She keeps tagging along because she felt bored at home and want to have fun outside. But she is controlling most of conversation flow. Not that Mi Rae's grandma also a good character either. She's currently acts as if she was ignored by Mi Rae's mother when they have been living together for so long and tries to rebel. Grandpa looks happier when he spent time outside with them for sure, but I guess it also because he finds no joy since he is starting to lose hope in finding his lost daughter before his time is up.

In term of the cousin family, I think sooner or later we will see problem about those family whether we wanted or not. The nurse and the cousin will probably fight about taking care of their children. I don't know why the elders seem to spoilt the youngest to the point that he almost got anything he want. In the 1st episode he broke SJ's toy even when he warned him to not do that and got away just because he is still a child. It's not a correct way to teach a child. 

@SilverMoonTea I hope you can stay for quite some time xD

And I don't know if the OST will be a hint or not, but OST part 3 and 4 especially the lyrics are containing sad messages. Hmm I wonder what will happen in the next few episodes about our 3 couples? Or will we start the story of the lost daughter soon? 

• Like 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

16 hours ago, Min86 said:

It's really interesting how they are both intelligent, but so, so different. I was :wow: when Yoon Jae kept looking at her, trying to find clues to her reactions and behaviour. He's studying her. Didn't his brother say he was always a nerd, good at studying? 

Oh definitely. YJ was and is a nerd who believes in studying. Kind of funny to think how he lost money in the stock market, though, despite all that studying.

And, yes, he's definitely studying Hae Jun. It's funny how he says that he doesn't really like her that way, and yet he's so clearly drawn to her and finds her fascinating.

16 hours ago, Min86 said:

He's great, isn't he? I saw him first in "All about my mom" where his character had such an interesting journey...I hated him at first and ended up liking him so much at the end. 

For all that these two are not the Main Couple, I think their performances are great and more challenging than most.

He was definitely interesting in 'All About My Mom', though he really caught my interest in 'Beautiful Life, Wonderful Love'. Given that he plays a philandering husband, I didn't expect that I would start to root for him to win back his long suffering wife when she wanted a divorce and to move on. I'm not sure that with any other actor, I would have even been tempted to root for the husband given the way I feel about cheating on a spouse for any reason.

I agree that YJ and HJun are really great and more interesting right now, even if they are not the Main Couple.

9 hours ago, LaLa said:

In term of the cousin family, I think sooner or later we will see problem about those family whether we wanted or not. The nurse and the cousin will probably fight about taking care of their children. I don't know why the elders seem to spoilt the youngest to the point that he almost got anything he want. In the 1st episode he broke SJ's toy even when he warned him to not do that and got away just because he is still a child. It's not a correct way to teach a child. 

Actually, all of those children are kind of bratty, not just the youngest.

We will definitely see more problems with them, plus probably from the grandpa's little sister as well.

• Like 3

Hi everyone :smile:

I had a late start because of busy RL, but am all caught up now to ep.14.... Yay!! 

Love all the couples. No issues with anyone, well except maybe the Grandpa's sister who is a bit loud and non-stop (but definitely still mild compared to the ladies in Gentleman & Young Lady) and her pesky DIL, for now.

Since I binged everything in like 2 days, I really don't know where to start making comments, lol... like so much to say but kinda forgotten what I want to say. 

It's interesting that besides the maknae, both older brothers are not that motivated by the reward of apartment. A little bit for YJ maybe, but for sure not for HJ. Both are just not happy to see SJ being able to take it all easily for what they believed is just a lie, which kinda is. The youngest couple started out as a business agreement, and kept emphasising that despite having developed real feelings. I am not looking forward to the love triangle though... Also the ladies around HJ, sigh... One woman gone, a new woman appeared. Poor Mirae. 

Enjoy seeing the interactions of the Lee family. I love that the father is recording the happenings in his diary. I also love seeing Mirae and her mother's relationship. Kinda envy her to have such close relationship with her mother. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

nd, yes, he's definitely studying Hae Jun. It's funny how he says that he doesn't really like her that way, and yet he's so clearly drawn to her and finds her fascinating.

I am so drawn by him smiling after he figures something out about her or sees her getting flustered by something. He's taking it seriously, this 'casual dating' they are doing!

really caught my interest in 'Beautiful Life, Wonderful Love'. Given that he plays a philandering husband, I didn't expect that I would start to root for him to win back his long suffering wife when she wanted a divorce and to move on. I'm not sure that with any other actor, I would have even been tempted to root for the husband given the way I feel about cheating on a spouse for any reason.

I agree that YJ and HJun are really great and more interesting right now, even if they are not the Main Couple.

He was great there, wasn't he? I had the same reaction as yours. Eventhough I tried not to like him :D 

Sometimes I'm more drawn to the stories of the second leads or others...I like the main couple but the disaster couple is def my fav. 

Actually, all of those children are kind of bratty, not just the youngest.

All of them are bratty! The youngest is the most bratty one though.  That family (iincluding the parents and grandma) will probably have to deal with some issues as the drama progresses. 

I am wondering if we're going to have YooNa's mom make an appearance in the city too at some point and also someone from Hae Jun's family. 

When do you all think the connection between MiRae's family and Grandpa will come out? I am just hoping it'll happen after we've had some good moments between the couple! 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Love all the couples. No issues with anyone, well except maybe the Grandpa's sister who is a bit loud and non-stop (but definitely still mild compared to the ladies in Gentleman & Young Lady) and her pesky DIL, for now.

I still feel traumatizd by that drama! I can't believe how toxic and unhealthy the characters and the relationships were. UGH! That's why I'm enjoying this drama so much...the healing, warm vibes captivated me.

It's interesting that besides the maknae, both older brothers are not that motivated by the reward of apartment

I'm wondering if that's going to change at some point, though I understand why it's not the motivation for them. 

Enjoy seeing the interactions of the Lee family. I love that the father is recording the happenings in his diary. I also love seeing Mirae and her mother's relationship. Kinda envy her to have such close relationship with her mother. 

They do have great family interactions, but I wonder how the new love interest might affect the harmony at home. It's clear the mom is going to fight Yoon Jae over Hae Jun. And how is she going to react if she finds out MiRae is a 'divorcee'? At the beginning she said she'd be happy if they brought someone home but now, it's clear she want Soo Jae to get the apartment.

MiRae's relationshsip with her mome is good, but i'm thinking that'll be tested too. SHe depends too much on her mom and I think mom's going to oppose HJ at some point and she's also going to explode. At her MiL or bc she finds out about grandpa.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

(but definitely still mild compared to the ladies in Gentleman & Young Lady)

Arrggghhh! You're bringing back bad memories. I had such high hopes for that drama, and it was doing pretty well...right until it decided to go full bore makjang. Plus, pretty much everyone got the kumbaya moments simply because they were all related in some weird ways.

Both are just not happy to see SJ being able to take it all easily for what they believed is just a lie, which kinda is.

It's clear that both brothers suspect that SJ is up to something with his rush to get married. I think both YJ and HJ wouldn't mind getting the apartment, but agree with you that right now, it's really more about not letting SJ have it too easily.

The youngest couple started out as a business agreement, and kept emphasising that despite having developed real feelings.

Yes, and it's a pretty weird line of thinking. "We're going to get legally married, but we won't really be married despite the fact that we are already making out and all that, because we don't want a real marriage yet.' The problem with this line of thinking, of course, is that they will be legally married regardless of what they tell themselves. And, if they really do separate after getting the building, then they'll both be divorcees.

10 hours ago, Min86 said:

When do you all think the connection between MiRae's family and Grandpa will come out? I am just hoping it'll happen after we've had some good moments between the couple! 

I would have thought that it would be later in the drama, maybe episode 30 since it's a 50 episode drama? It feels as if they have a long ways to go before they make all the connections so that a reveal can even happen.

10 hours ago, Min86 said:

They do have great family interactions, but I wonder how the new love interest might affect the harmony at home. It's clear the mom is going to fight Yoon Jae over Hae Jun. And how is she going to react if she finds out MiRae is a 'divorcee'? At the beginning she said she'd be happy if they brought someone home but now, it's clear she want Soo Jae to get the apartment.

I think she favors SJ at the moment because she has bonded with YN so much? The marriage project initially started as a way to push YJ and HJ to start thinking about getting married rather than SJ since SJ is so much younger and not very settled as yet.

I hope that the mom will get over how much she dislikes Hae Jun. It's not as if Hae Jun was deliberately mean or anything. Plus, Hae Jun is an accomplished woman in her own right. YJ's mother should be happy that he's with someone like Hae Jun.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The problem with this line of thinking, of course, is that they will be legally married regardless of what they tell themselves.

They're both still immature... but cute to see their developing feelings for each other. I laugh at how they talk about their real feelings, then switch to "business" talk and kinda changed the mood just like that. The "business" is kinda nullified since they do like each other now:laugh: What's their plan? Get married within 6 months for the apartment, then get divorced and get married again "for real" and when they're ready? :laugh:

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I hope that the mom will get over how much she dislikes Hae Jun. It's not as if Hae Jun was deliberately mean or anything. Plus, Hae Jun is an accomplished woman in her own right. YJ's mother should be happy that he's with someone like Hae Jun.

Yeah... it's just a one time encounter. And Hae Jun already explained that she is stressed lately. The way she wanted YJ to get married, she shouldn't be too picky, as long as YJ is happy, right? 

On 5/16/2022 at 2:26 PM, Min86 said:

I saw him first in "All about my mom" where his character had such an interesting journey...I hated him at first and ended up liking him so much at the end. 

That's where I first saw him too! and fell in love with him and his coupling instead of the other two. Sunshine Couple. Their scenes are sooo little though. Each episode usually only a few minutes. So much so that I made a collection of just their scenes and opened my first youtube channel to compile their story/journey. But it got deleted because of copyrighted material, LOL....

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Arrggghhh! You're bringing back bad memories. I had such high hopes for that drama, and it was doing pretty well...right until it decided to go full bore makjang. Plus, pretty much everyone got the kumbaya moments simply because they were all related in some weird ways.

Sorry...That drama traumatized me lol... The whole thing ended up being one of the most toxic dramas I've watched. There were not enough cute moments to compensate and the fact that after putting us through so much the writer decided to reward characters who had done nothing but be horrible made me incredibly mad :D

It's clear that both brothers suspect that SJ is up to something with his rush to get married. I think both YJ and HJ wouldn't mind getting the apartment, but agree with you that right now, it's really more about not letting SJ have it too easily.

It's also about maturity. They both know choosing to wed just bc of an apartment would only bring problems later on. MiRae won't do that, she already experienced it and it didn't end well. And I don't know if Hae Jun owns her apartment but she def wouldn't have that as an objective. 

I quiet liked how both HJ and YJ are firm on that and also how they kind of teamed up to upset the mom and SJ's plans. 

he problem with this line of thinking, of course, is that they will be legally married regardless of what they tell themselves. And, if they really do separate after getting the building, then they'll both be divorcees.

But do they intend to marry legally? I thought they were talking about a ceremony but I don't think they're thinking of actually signing papers...did I miss something?

If they're thinking of going that far, that just shows how little they have thought of the consequences. Or how, if they get the apartment just to sell it later, will affect they're relationship with the parents and siblings. I don't think they'd be happy bc it'd be clear there was another motive for that wedding.

Still, I think Yoo Na won't go throgh with it. 

I would have thought that it would be later in the drama, maybe episode 30 since it's a 50 episode drama? It feels as if they have a long ways to go before they make all the connections so that a reveal can even happen.

I think it's going to come out around ep 25...probably by the time MiRae and Hyun Jae are thinking of marriage? 

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yeah... it's just a one time encounter. And Hae Jun already explained that she is stressed lately. The way she wanted YJ to get married, she shouldn't be too picky, as long as YJ is happy, right? 

Tbh I have thought that either she will put up a fight bc of her encounter with Hae Jun or to give time to Soo Jae and Yoo Na to 'win' the race. I wouldn't have thought so before, but right now she is openly biased and wants to hand the apartment to the youngest one.

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That's where I first saw him too! and fell in love with him and his coupling instead of the other two. Sunshine Couple. Their scenes are sooo little though. Each episode usually only a few minutes. So much so that I made a collection of just their scenes and opened my first youtube channel to compile their story/journey. But it got deleted because of copyrighted material, LOL.

Yeah, I loved him and his love story too. Just as now, for me he and Hae Jun have stolen the couple limelight. And just as you wrote I find myself wishing for more scenes with them. It feels like in comparison to the other 2 couples, they really are getting the short end of the stick. 

Ohhhh I'd love to see that compilation!!!! 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Min86 said:

But do they intend to marry legally? I thought they were talking about a ceremony but I don't think they're thinking of actually signing papers...did I miss something?

I think it's the other way around. They don't mind legally registering their marriage quietly, but do not want to hold a ceremony. Whereas the elders want to hold a ceremony and invite people. 

58 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Still, I think Yoo Na won't go throgh with it. 

I think so too. I think at the last minute, YN will change her mind and not go through with it, because even now, she is already feeling bad for lying to the nice elders who are doting on her. I think they will be on a break for a bit, where we will see more of YN and Mirae's brother, before SJ and YN got back together. 

1 hour ago, Min86 said:

Just as now, for me he and Hae Jun have stolen the couple limelight. And just as you wrote I find myself wishing for more scenes with them.

For now, I am more invested in Hyun Jae and Mirae's story actually. But OMS is working his charm in during the latest episodes that the focus might just change for me.

And, I just realised that the original drama title in Korean has the name of Hyun Jae, meaning the present time? Is that right @stroppyse, so it seems that they are the main couple in the drama then?...

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I think it's the other way around. They don't mind legally registering their marriage quietly, but do not want to hold a ceremony. Whereas the elders want to hold a ceremony and invite people. 

Thanks for the explanation, I might have overlooked that bc at times I get annoyed by how these ppl are handling this. That'd make sense actually...but again it shows how the young ppl are not thinking about what it means to be legally married. 

And yes, I think the same. YN will probably feel too burdened by the lie bc she cares about the elders who have shown her nothing but care and warmth.

For now, I am more invested in Hyun Jae and Mirae's story actually. But OMS is working his charm in during the latest episodes that the focus might just change for me.

I loved how his character is changing so sublty. I wonder how he's going to react once he finds out about Hae Jun sabotaging his chances though. 

MiRae and Hyun Jae's storyline is quiet complex. I like it but sometimes it feels a little bit dragging...but then, maybe because they are the main couple and if I understood correctly from what Yoon Shi Yoon said, they're going to have the typical melodramatic development. 

And yes, the name in Korean tranlates to "The present is beautiful" i think and Hyun Jae means present. Right @stroppyse

• Like 2
15 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

And, I just realised that the original drama title in Korean has the name of Hyun Jae, meaning the present time? Is that right @stroppyse, so it seems that they are the main couple in the drama then?...

13 hours ago, Min86 said:

And yes, the name in Korean tranlates to "The present is beautiful" i think and Hyun Jae means present. Right @stroppyse

Yes, the word "hyun jae" means the present reality. Depending on the Chinese characters, HJ's actual name might mean something else, but this drama incorporates his name into the title. So, that is another indicator that HJ and MR are the main couple for this drama. Even if we all enjoy watching YJ and Hae Jun more. :smile:

Btw, in terms of the marriage, none of it actually makes sense. Yes, there is a legal component and a ceremonial component. However, they are trying to fool their family into thinking that they are married. How are they going to do that without the ceremony with friends and family? Just claiming that they are a legally registered couple would raise huge questions, even from SJ's mother. But, YN doesn't seem to want to do the ceremonial part, and in fact, seems to want to keep her own family in the dark. This is just so silly. Plus, the legal component is the actual getting married component. Once they've registered, they would have to file for a divorce in order to separate again. Their immaturity causes me to want to fast forward through their scenes.

14 hours ago, Min86 said:

they're going to have the typical melodramatic development. 

Given that this is a 50 episode drama, I expect that there will be any number of developments. I just hope that none of them are just outright ridiculous.

• Like 2

Btw, in terms of the marriage, none of it actually makes sense. Yes, there is a legal component and a ceremonial component. However, they are trying to fool their family into thinking that they are married. How are they going to do that without the ceremony with friends and family? Just claiming that they are a legally registered couple would raise huge questions, even from SJ's mother. But, YN doesn't seem to want to do the ceremonial part, and in fact, seems to want to keep her own family in the dark. This is just so silly. Plus, the legal component is the actual getting married component. Once they've registered, they would have to file for a divorce in order to separate again. Their immaturity causes me to want to fast forward through their scenes.

This is tbh what irritates me the most. I mean, they want to win without actually going through with it? Or just marry in papers and divorce afterwards? I don't think they havethought about what could mean later to be "divorcees". But then again, that was before they developed feelings for each other. So, I'm not sure how that changes things now.

And also... MiL is expecting kids sometime soon...how she think that's going to work for them both when her son does not have a job and Yoo Na just started her, I have no idea.

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, that is another indicator that HJ and MR are the main couple for this drama. Even if we all enjoy watching YJ and Hae Jun more

I do like the main couple but would love more screen time for the eldest couple...at least as much as for the youngest. 

A little info:

It seems the new writer will be there until at least ep 22. So, let's see how the main couple deals with that. 

https://twitter.com/MPD626/status/1527204327533621254?s=20&t=EzBdBpJoMBJUb0BrnyQahA

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1