All of Us Are Dead 지금 우리 학교는 [2022]

JenL

I have finally finished this drama. It was a good horror short series. I love that it was only 12 episodes. They paced it just right and the performance of the cast was amazing . 

Lee Cheong-San was a Hero. The way he died left me with a bad taste in my mouth. As @Darkarcana said He is love able. It took me while to love him. One minute I liked him and the next time I was annoyed with him but once he he suffered a lost, that is when my feelings changed for him. I think Cheong-SAN’s fate

couls have changed if NOJ said or realized she loved him . He may have been more careful or tried to survive. 

Nam On-Jo  is the narrator like @Lynne said. She was truly naive but I see now her naivety  is what kept the classmate together and form a bond that is unbreakable. She was the heart of the group.
 I hope there 
is a season 2 
Choi Nam-Ra  - - What made her

special. I know the virus chose when to adapt. The virus chose two characters who were unstable in the first place.

Gwi-Nam and Eun Ji, they were terrible people and enjoyed killing people because they were bullied and hated the school. Gwi Nam became obsessed with Cheong-San because he was right. He was a loser and he was scared but in the end Cheong-San won. Eun -Ji hated Kim Cheol-Soo a lot because he was a coward. She also became arrogant that is why she was captured and I also consider her to be a coward. When Science teacher tried to fight for students being bullied, EJ and CS denied being bullied. Even though they hated the school, they never tried to save themselves. I hate the fact that these two kid hated everyone in the school. One tried to kill the student or abandon the students hike being rescued. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

[Herald Interview] ‘All of Us Are Dead’ director Lee Jae-kyoo hopes to return with season 2

Published : Feb 7, 2022 - 15:28       Updated : Feb 7, 2022 - 15:30

Director Lee Jae-kyoo (Netflix)
The international attention and excitement for the latest Korean zombie series “All of Us Are Dead” took director Lee Jae-kyoo by surprise, but also filled Lee’s heart with anticipation for a possible season two.

“Many directions, settings and scenes were intentionally produced to expand the story into an additional season, including the introduction of the new races of zombies -- immune and immortal. If the first season can be seen as having presented humanity‘s survival, the next season can talk about the survival of zombies. I hope to present viewers with another season,” Lee said during an online interview with a group of reporters on Monday.

Though “All of Us Are Dead” is an adaptation of a legendary zombie webtoon of the same title by author Joo Dong-geun, the director said that many settings, characters and some stories were tweaked for the series.

“I think the level of expression in a webtoon is very different from that in a film or drama series. In trying to make our series enjoyable to wide range of people, I definitely refined some characters and made them look less violent and murderous, including Gwi-nam and Na-yeon,” the director said.

When asked about the unique zombie actions in different settings -- the cafeteria, science lab, gym and library -- the director expressed his satisfaction and praised both the production team and cast’s efforts.

“Though I was going through an inflection point when shooting the library scene for five days, the ever-passionate production team and staff were my motivation in carrying on. And I saw many young actors unable to deliver motions in the wild action scenes, but actors Yoon Chan-young and Yoo In-soo showed excellent performance in the library,” the director told The Korea Herald.

“Unlike many other scenes, we were editing the library scene on-set so that the necessary changes could be made more easily while shooting the scene. Watching the edited version, I thought this would be a very exciting scene to watch,” Lee added.

Director Lee Jae-kyoo (Netflix)
The 51-year-old director also discussed his difficulty in understanding high school students’ lifestyle and point of view.

“It has been more than 30 years since I graduated high school. The original webtoon series began in 2009. I think 10 years is enough time for everything around us to change. I carefully monitored the expressions and behaviors of high school students today, though it was not easy,” Lee said.

“Some actions and expressions of today’s students were very difficult to comprehend with the mind of an adult. We carefully communicated with the actors, who were high school students themselves, to confirm these parts,” the director said.

While hoping that many viewers would enjoy the exciting zombie thriller, Lee hoped it caused them to reflect on the social issues raised in the series as well. 
“The origin of zombie virus was introduced in the series as an attempt toCh highlight the people who take responsibility and those who do not when an event, such as school violence, occurs. Though it is another zombie action thriller, I thought the series provides the viewers with a chance to think about what kind of people they are,” Lee said.

The 12-part series has topped the Netflix’s streaming charts around the world since its release on Jan. 28, becoming the fourth Korean-language series to top Netflix’s weekly official chart for non-English TV series, following “Squid Game,” “Hellbound” and “The Silent Sea.”

By Lee Si-jin (sj_lee@heraldcorp.com)

Credit to The Korea Herald

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 2/7/2022 at 9:39 AM, Lynne said:

@UnniSara the reason nam-ra and the few others evolved might be because of strong will.... its an abstract thing I know.. but as the Prof has mentioned, he cultivates the virus from a high adrenaline test subject.. so it might be a factor for some people to evolve and many defeated by the virus.. 

I was thinking that too but what about Nam On-Jo’s dad. Was he not strong willed.  His will to find find his daughter was strong, look at how he fought all those Zombies to tget to the school.

The Science teacher, I don’t consider him strong willed at all.  Eun Ji and Gwi Nam seem more like coward than anything else. EJ and GN were obsessed with their own flaws.  I still stand by that the virus chooses the host they want to stay sane. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862ab0e78c2bd9ce8333

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866ac2d8694fad565461

• Like 3

I've landed back in K-Dramaland. I finally binged all of this show last weekend and I loved it so much! And then I went on the Instagram of the casts and I loved it even more because damn they were so cute together :heart::heart::heart: I think this reminded me about what you said @mademoiselle about young casts hitting it on differently. The bonds for these kids were like Racket Boys and Extraordinary You - I was like, why are you all soooo cuteeeee...and even all the side actors had so many group shots together and were tagged in promo shots by the main actors when it was only them doing the photo shoots :wow: Also these guys posting pics with their on screen love interests. I mildly ship it :lol:

On 1/29/2022 at 1:32 AM, Chocolate said:

that girl in the pink sweater is super irritating! But of course, people like that never die 😭 

I'm assuming you've finished now @Chocolate but I was surprised and saddened by her trying to redeem herself and then being made into a zombie meal. But I did think her character was really so useless...but good acting of a different character since it was Lee Yoo Mi who played such a cool self sacrificing character in Squid Game :heiboi:

On 1/31/2022 at 3:38 PM, Lynne said:

Enjoy it a lot, altho I think the bullying victim [Eunji] and the bully [Gwinam] didn't get a confrontation.. and that makes me a lil bit sad.. because once they're on different level, and now they're on the same level.. 

Anyway.. NamRa and  SuHyeok :wow:

and its save to say Namra is my fav character in the term of coolness. 

YES! I was disappointed that they never ran into each other and had some kind of show down. :shocked: But I guess they wanted to show that bullying people and not taking bullying seriously can cause people to snap, which they could n't show the extent of if she was just meeting the bully. She had a real vengence towards the world. 

On 2/1/2022 at 4:34 AM, UnniSara said:

I can finally understand why Nam On Jo is the FL that is because she has survival skill. She still annoyed me because I kept feeling she was a bit jealous of  Choi Nam-Ra. I am not a fan of damsel and distress because everyone ends up dying to protect them. 

I think it went both ways though. I actually felt like there were scenes where Nam Ra was jealous of On Jo as well though. It was just a slightly complicated situation at first since it's teenagers. But all of them pulled their weight in the survival game and ended up being real friends in the end. And those ones that sacrificed themselves :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 2/2/2022 at 9:10 PM, mademoiselle said:

Both Cheong San and Su Hyuk are good male characters — they are brave, willing to risk their life to protect others or take the lead. Often it is between Su Hyuk and Cheong San to lead the team away/out of zombies. They are both physically fit and quick against the zombies too, although they don't have the strength of the other boy (who's an awesome singer).

Yep...I really liked both the leads and my heart broke for Cheong San when he reached the end of his story. It was so heart shattering :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: 

And I realised they literally showed an 'eye for an eye' but not in a way that is fair, but it a way that was totally unfair :lettalKWA: Also I'm not sure if On Jo ever really expressed how she felt about him to him...poor boy was rejected so much before the end :nervous:

On 2/2/2022 at 9:10 PM, mademoiselle said:

On Jo became the bridge between Nam Ra and the rest of the group but her role is boring and I think mainly is because this actress is still pretty green. She's the youngest in the bunch, at age 18.

I didn't mind On Jo. I mean, at the end of the series, she is the one who suffered the greatest loss happening in front of her - her best friend, dad and childhood bestie/ real first love all got attacked and even turned in front of her, as well as other friends. (Even though many of the others probably lost everyone they loved, they didn't have to see it over and over again). Although I really like Nam Ra as everyone does, I do think On Jo's character was probably most realistic and relatable for the average teen. On Jo was just more like the girl next door trope - I mean, she's just an average student, tight with one best friend, she's crushing on someone who isn't really the right person for her but who she likes because he's the pretty boy, she's confused about her childhood friend and she's on friendly terms with most people. Nam Ra is a bit more like the cold on the outside, but soft on the inside trope, which is usually (in a school drama) a good student/ class president type...Nam Ra is so damn cool, but a little too perfect fictionally in some ways as well :idk:

I do think the characters are all a bit tropey but that's how it usually is for zombie dramas because you need a quick way to identify the characters. Also that tends to happen for school dramas too since everyone is usually a stereotype in the classroom :heiboi:

On 2/2/2022 at 10:06 PM, UnniSara said:

I do know the virus is adapting but I am. I am now positive it doesn’t work for everyone. 

Gwanim Turned after multiple zombies bit him,

NamRa turned only by one bite.

The Creators was bitten by multiple zombies and he remained sane,

You might have gotten the answer to your question if you've finished already, but just clarifying for anyone still wondering since I watched it most recently and read about some stuff people said of the webtoon as well- the rate of turning happens depends on anger. The creator of the virus mentioned in the drama that when a person feels like they're backed into a corner and are angry they will turn and you notice that those who turn faster are those who feel anger and often it's panicky anger when others are accusing them of being bitten. It's basically stress that triggers the rate of transformation. 

It doesn't matter if one zombie or multiple zombies bite you, it will be enough to turn you. I wouldn't say the creator was sane - he did turn into a zombie, but again, he wasn't pushed into a corner or angered when he transformed...he sacrificed himself for the cop out of his own willingness, so the process was slower. :MewHi:

On 2/4/2022 at 2:16 PM, Darkarcana said:

i really love cheong san's character by all means to me he is one of the most useful one. I really wish S2 he comes back. :( I don't know, maybe he is like Nam Ra also. Cheong San is so loveable lmao.

This series had me, jumping up and down cause of gwi nam. I was screaming cause i am happy that he died only to see him being immune im like:mad:

YES I loved him too. I was so angry that the bully guy had more lives than a cat with 9 lives! :mad:

On 2/4/2022 at 2:40 PM, Chocolate said:

The good thing about this show, everyone you don't like dies at the end 🤣

This made up for my disappointed from Happiness where most of the annoying characters were left alive! :laugh:

On 2/5/2022 at 3:50 PM, Chocolate said:

What this drama shows also is that majority of people are selfish in the face of self-preservation. I’m not sure what I would do too in some of the scenes, especially if I had loved ones to protect.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:27 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Me neither. I don't want to pretend to be a Saint right now and say I'd definitely behave like one of the main leads - all selfless and brave so I think I'll be safe and say/think I'd behave more like most of the general casts who gets scared of my own friend/family when they get bitten and about to turn into zombies. 

Hahaha I don't think I'd be evil...I'd just be useless at running and would probably get injured like that whiney guy who was with the archery kids and then have to sacrifice myself to save my friends. :laugh:

Actually, I was surprised that he was pretty ok with doing that. In other dramas where a character is whiney and injured they sometimes turn out to be selfish in the end...but he really wanted his friends to be safe! :letalQQ: RIP whiney guy

On 2/6/2022 at 12:55 AM, Dhakra said:

it's just absolutely not my kind of drama :laugh:

But it's so funnnn and it has a better ending than Happiness in my opinion :lol:

On 2/8/2022 at 1:39 AM, Lynne said:

@UnniSara the reason nam-ra and the few others evolved might be because of strong will.... 

On 2/10/2022 at 5:52 PM, UnniSara said:

I was thinking that too but what about Nam On-Jo’s dad. Was he not strong willed.  His will to find find his daughter was strong, look at how he fought all those Zombies to tget to the school.

The Science teacher, I don’t consider him strong willed at all.  Eun Ji and Gwi Nam seem more like coward than anything else. EJ and GN were obsessed with their own flaws.  I still stand by that the virus chooses the host they want to stay sane. 

I don't know if there's an explaination for the evolved virus characters. I think it's just random just like how it is in real life. For example, Covid has killed some people with no pre-existing health conditions, but some people with pre-exisitng health conditions survive though they might have it real bad when sick. :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 2/16/2022 at 9:05 PM, JenL said:

I don't know if there's an explaination for the evolved virus characters. I think it's just random just like how it is in real life. For example, Covid has killed some people with no pre-existing health conditions, but some people with pre-exisitng health conditions survive though they might have it real bad when sick. :idk:

Edited by JenL (see edit history)

True... its hard to tell indeed.. lol.. lets just call it Natural selection for now then.. lol 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm so late huh? Well, better late than never right? At first got hesitated cuz it's another zombies, after TTB 1 and 2 then, Alive goes to Happiness. I think the sad part is when they have to kill the character that I love and there nothing they can do. Once they got bite then they're hopeless. But after watching AOUAD it feels a bit different. It is sad but actually it's good. I wonder why they screw the ending like that. Then a few hours after done watching it I learn through some articles they there will be part 2 next year. Oh... I cant wait. How they gonna bring back our CS reunite with his friends. I miss all of them, and of course the handsome SH with badass hambies nam-ra! 

I really love the friendship they bond along the way. Love to see them becoming less selfish and being true to each other.

I have rewatch this twice. Yeah, I like it that much. It was adapted from webtoon right, anyone know where to read it with eng sub?

• Like 2