Because of Love/ A Chance Meeting 今生有你 [2022]

abs-oluteM

Eps 8 ...somebody please explain to me what the heck is going on here? :pandawhat:

So he is the Mark she is waiting for ...but hey why do they behave like they are just merely colleagues? They were uni lovers right...I am confused that they can be so cool in front of each other. 

FJySZ89aQAMNAi7?format=jpg&name=small

Yes @ktcjdrama eps 8 is killing me...the longing between them is too great. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So he is the Mark she is waiting for ...but hey why do they behave like they are just merely colleagues? They were uni lovers right...I am confused that they can be so cool in front of each other. 

The drama common theme is undercover ex :laugh:

Anyone else felt Mark a bit similar to K actor Lee Sun Kyun? 

I felt Mark do have some interest on TJ as woman. He seems overly shocked knowing that she married with child. NYS is a whistleblower lols. It's funny that he seems more jealous to Mark than to her husband Jun. He seems totally not happy to know Mark donor money to TJ's son and sarcastically said, " You're so good at this". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

the little kid is indeed his. He’s 6 yo and they’ve been separated since 7 years ago, so the time frame fits. The husband I believe is just on paper. The impression I got so far was that TJ is just grateful to him for being there when she was pregnant and play the father figure to her son. Husband knows about NYS and how TJ is not over him yet.  

I checked out ep 13-14 on Youku and my suspicions were right (both of them) :smile:

The flashbacks to Vicky and Mark’s uni days are shocking bec they were really in love too! I’m curious to find out why they broke up and how they are able to act so cool in front of each other. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Sadly subs for eps 11 are not yet available for me. Man...I think forget Korean , I better improve my Mandarin first :laugh:.

@SilverMoonTeaYes there is some interest on Director Sheng's part on Tan Jing. He is most definitely a very nice guy and treats everyone well. Like @Mouse what intrigues me now is what happened to him and Vicky as they seemed really in love too and that interesting conversation they had that he only loves himself (not anyone else) but yet there's that photo of them still in his room. Wahh this drama has so many unfinished businesses.

Yu Sheng moping continuously drives me nuts at times. He seemed so happy and cheerful in the past and it is sad to see how tense and solemn he has become. 

This scene was good ...all that tension!

FJytxtPaMAIBjFN?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Viki has it subbed until ep 12 and Youku until ep 14. 

I was shocked to find out that Mark is also ill. From His reaction to the news that TJ is married, it makes it seem like he has some feelings for her. But when I think back to how she was hired, he hired her purely bec he saw her ability through her writing. I can’t remember which episode but he later explains why he decided to help TJ. It’s bec he too was raised by a single mother and he too was sickly as a child. So I think he has a soft spot for TJ simply bec she reminds him of his own mother. Whether he develops any truly romantic feelings for her is yet to be seen. 

The scene when YS and Vicky try to kiss was soooo hard to watch! It was so awkward! And I’m glad they didn’t. I’m the earlier episodes I thought Vicky might have underlying feelings for YS but it looks like both her and YS are still pining for their lost loves. Tbh, it’s refreshing to see characters written this way, where it’s not a love rival. 

I was sad for TJ to have lost her brooch and I wonder if she will ever find it again. The timeline of the flashbacks are somewhat confusing for me bec there’s a scene where YS and TJ get married albeit it was more of a marriage between them and not really a legal one since there were no other people present. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

what intrigues me now is what happened to him and Vicky as they seemed really in love too and that interesting conversation they had that he only loves himself (not anyone else) but yet there's that photo of them still in his room.

Could it be because of his illness that he chose to not be with her? He coughed out blood! 

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yu Sheng moping continuously drives me nuts at times. He seemed so happy and cheerful in the past and it is sad to see how tense and solemn he has become

Not just him, Tan Jing too :cry:

26 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This scene was good ...all that tension!

This is the scene that wrenched my heart so, so much! Later on there will be another scene, when the young TJ was prying open young NYS's hands to free herself from his hug. 

Ep.13 and 14 are really good.

Okay, that kiss in the bathroom, was great, but the BGM killed all the mood for me :mad::laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Is the male lead the husband with many wives in brocade sword drama?? I dont remember his name but he seems like him, and he looks younger here. 😄 Is this good? I need something that can distract thought of OBS to something else.

Yes . It’s Wallace Chung . Here the tables have turned. Don’t talk about harem. One wife also don’t have :yayaya:

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Prepare your hearts for eps 15 ...he will find out why she left him. And from his painful sobs I am not sure my heart is prepared . Wallace is so good here

This scene was so heartbreaking but also so good. WC's acting in this one is impressive and I could really feel his pain and devastation in finding out the truth and how much she struggled all those years without him.

And the way TJ just held him. She didn't say anything. Not a single word. The way these two look at each other and touch each other speaks volumes. I really hope they have a happy ending. They deserve it.

• Confused 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

And the way TJ just held him. She didn't say anything. Not a single word. The way these two look at each other and touch each other speaks volumes. I really hope they have a happy ending. They deserve it.

Same here. It seems so complicated at the moment...but Ping Ping is his kid. In some ways I felt she "robbed" him of those years - it cannot be replaced. I understand how she felt but gosh I grieve for those lost years. 

This was the drama that the leads appeared in 11 years ago

Spoiler

I like the younger pair. In his other show, You're My Sunshine, they also chose a very suitable young pair to play the leads. 

ahahaah for all the Harem fans 

Spoiler

For @SilverMoonTea's SLS

Spoiler

Gosh this is hot

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I am watching eps 11 and gosh somebody please just get rid of her husband.  :lettalKWA: Even if she never reunites with YS, she cannot continue being in this relationship with her husband. He's emotionally volatile and has too many inner demons to fight. Gratefulness is a lousy basis to stay in a relationship.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Even if she never reunites with YS, she cannot continue being in this relationship with her husband. He's emotionally volatile and has too many inner demons to fight. Gratefulness is a lousy basis to stay in a relationship.

I won’t spoil it for you, but I think we don’t really have to worry about him and TJ... 

• Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I won’t spoil it for you, but I think we don’t really have to worry about him and TJ... 

Oh good good...it was driving me nuts. Am eps 12 now...just wanted to say this was hot :GrimChamp:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh good good...it was driving me nuts. Am eps 12 now...just wanted to say this was hot 

I know. He was driving me nuts too. But I’ve calmed down haha... you will find out in ep.13. 

The BGM of the hot scene didn’t bother you? 😆

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I know. It was driving me nuts too. But I’ve calmed down haha...

The BGM didn’t bother you? 😆

Kind of ....hmmm they could have just not use any BGM and that would have amplified the tension! :laugh:

I like Vicky so much. Usually I despise 2nd FLs in cdramas as they are always so poorly written. But I just love how she didn't want to shortchange herself or him and asked for the break-up. I agree with her - they gave this a shot and clearly it isn't working out. The relationship they had drove them apart and they lost that closeness they had where they could tell each other stuff. So at least now they can salvage their friendship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eps 13 - I was looking forward to that steamy kiss from all the previews but I ended up hating it . Not because it was not hot or that I was wondering if a sick person should really be doing this :heiboi:, I just hated that Tan Jing cheapened the moment by telling him that it was out of lust. I know she didn't want him to have any hope for their love to rekindle, but it was such a cruel cruel thing to say. She knows full well it was not out needs (alone) that they are making out this way but she just wanted to make him hate her isn't it...gahhh this is so sad. 

Alright first big revelation

Spoiler

Tan Jing not legally married to her "husband"

PHEW!

2nd big revelation

Spoiler

The father wanted her to leave YS (old man doesn't like her) so as not to hinder YS's future :shocked:

This drama is one of the few where the 2nd pair's romance is as engaging. Still in love but can't be together...what happened?

• Like 2

I am watching ep.17 now... O gosh, Mark might be a hindrance to our OTP getting back together. He didn't mean to, I'm sure. His character is not some kind of antagonist... at least so far. Just that some of his advice to TJ are so practical (and valid) that they surely will make TJ build up walls :nervous:

I personally feel that NYS's father is not evil too. I think what happened in the past could truly be just some kind of misunderstanding (regarding TJ's father's death). Yes, he did ask TJ to leave NYS because he wanted his son to study business instead of going into medicine. He felt and believed TJ is a bad influence for NYS because she disrupted his plan for NYS. He's just that typical patriarchal figure very common in Chinese culture. Something I dislike seeing is that he adores PP so much, but he couldn't think for a moment that the little boy is so lovable and mature is all due to upbringing by TJ. Give her the credit due, old man!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama I agree that no one is really a villain here. This is a classic case of a meddling parent that caused so much damage. I am like somewhere in eps 14 and I just cannot stand that father has so much hate for Tan Jing - and I hate that part where he wants Ping Ping back no matter what. This worries me....anyway I should continue the episode first ...I know eps 15 is where YS finds out what happened. 

Trailers

These look like very hard episodes as the battle for Ping Ping starts

• Like 1

So much to say about this drama but don’t know where to start. I’ve watched up to 18 now. 
I’m sure Mark character has another side coming out. I’ve have read spoilers on him. Not sure how to enter spoilers here. It’s pretty shocking.  He is after all the illegitimate son and NYS half brother, so pretty much abandon by the family and only had his mother. I feel like he might have knew all along who Tang Jin was and pretended not to know. It seems very coincidental that he hired her. He might have knew since he saw her the first day. 

I’m in the minority perhaps, but I feel Tang Jang really wronged NYS. Perhaps when she was younger, I understand her reasoning for leaving him. She said it was to protect him, that’s why she broke up with him, but really contracts herself when she talks to Mark.  She says  could never be with him or accept him cause she feels like she would be wronging her dad. She doesn’t want to give him joint custody of the son, so what does she want?  So all the years she robbed him she never felt any guilt and still wants to continue to rob him of a relationship with their son. She goes to a complete stranger(Mark) for advice on getting full custody of her son and actually listens to him and doubts NYS intentions to her and the son. She supposedly tells him the whole story of what happened to them, but has never even told her story to her best friend at this point. 
She takes her pride over the life of her son. She had no money, but yet couldn’t tell him the truth so he could go into surgery. She delay and delayed the surgery when she could have use that chance to tell him the truth . He was supposedly in bad condition at the beginning. What if he died? She didn’t even give NYS the chance to know Ping Ping is his son. 

I could watched Wallace for days, his acting is always impeccable, he is soooo good. I can’t wait to watch the rest. Love love this drama, it’s storytelling at its best, so raw and magnificent.  The press it’s getting has been so so positive, especially for Wallace’s acting chops in this one  

• Clapping Hands 3

Hi @Linnie! Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us here

2 hours ago, Linnie said:

I’m sure Mark character has another side coming out. I’ve have read spoilers on him. Not sure how to enter spoilers here. It’s pretty shocking.  He is after all the illegitimate son and NYS half brother, so pretty much abandon by the family and only had his mother. I feel like he might have knew all along who Tang Jin was and pretended not to know. It seems very coincidental that he hired her. He might have knew since he saw her the first day. 

Oooo this had crossed my mind ever since it was revealed that YS had another half sibling. Now , will have to watch very closely if Mark has any ill intentions. What are your thoughts on Mark and Vicky? I noted his jealousy when he said he was happy she broke up with YS in eps 15. 

Anyway if you want to put it in spoiler , you can use the "eye' button on the icon bar. Click on it and you can write inside it. I am personally fine with spoilers  but just in case the others want to avoid it. 

2 hours ago, Linnie said:

I’m in the minority perhaps, but I feel Tang Jang really wronged NYS. Perhaps when she was younger, I understand her reasoning for leaving him. She said it was to protect him, that’s why she broke up with him, but really contracts herself when she talks to Mark.  She says  could never be with him or accept him cause she feels like she would be wronging her dad. She doesn’t want to give him joint custody of the son, so what does she want?  So all the years she robbed him she never felt any guilt and still wants to continue to rob him of a relationship with their son. She goes to a complete stranger(Mark) for advice on getting full custody of her son and actually listens to him and doubts NYS intentions to her and the son. She supposedly tells him the whole story of what happened to them, but has never even told her story to her best friend at this point. 

I do agree. And at that at this point , it would be rather selfish if she continues to prevent YS from having access to his son. I already felt her one way decision to not tell him about the pregnancy then has shortchanged him all the years that Ping Ping was growing up. I am not a fan of removing someone else's agency when it affects them. While I understood she was cornered 7 years ago with her dad's case, and being young I can overlook the emotional decision she made, I still wish she had trusted him enough to tell him. He was an adult too. Maybe she was trying to "protect" him I suppose.

But of course we can never make up for what is lost :cry: ...I hope going forward she would change her stance and allow YS back into their lives. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Linnie Welcome to JangHaven!!

You’re definitely not the minority. I also feel that TJ is being too cruel towards NYS, especially given that their son’s life is at stake. The guy had no clue about the incident. It was unfair to rob him of knowing PP. Besides, what PP has is not any mild illness. NYS already mentioned that at 10 yo, it will be another major critical time for him to go through. It’s like she’s gambling on PP’s life. I feel that yes she was wronged by NYS’s father but not by NYS himself. I can understand her fear of her son being taken away from her by the grandfather. You’re right though that she puts her pride and anger/hurt above the child’s well-being. If I were in the situation, I’d rather find the rich family and strike a deal (double custody, whatever) and get them to pay for the expensive surgery. Tbh, if the only way to save my child’s life is to give him up to the other biological family he has, I would probably have done so too 😔

That’s why I like that Vicky reminded her in ep.16 that whether TJ still love or no longer love NYS, to just stop hurting him because he is an especially good person who deserves to be treated kindly. I also love the title of ep.17, and when NYS reminded TJ that their relationship is not as the children of enemies, but as the parents of PP. Very wise. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hi @Linnie! Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us here

Oooo this had crossed my mind ever since it was revealed that YS had another half sibling. Now , will have to watch very closely if Mark has any ill intentions. What are your thoughts on Mark and Vicky? I noted his jealousy when he said he was happy she broke up with YS in eps 15. 

Anyway if you want to put it in spoiler , you can use the "eye' button on the icon bar. Click on it and you can write inside it. I am personally fine with spoilers  but just in case the others want to avoid it. 

I do agree. And at that at this point , it would be rather selfish if she continues to prevent YS from having access to his son. I already felt her one way decision to not tell him about the pregnancy then has shortchanged him all the years that Ping Ping was growing up. I am not a fan of removing someone else's agency when it affects them. While I understood she was cornered 7 years ago with her dad's case, and being young I can overlook the emotional decision she made, I still wish she had trusted him enough to tell him. He was an adult too. Maybe she was trying to "protect" him I suppose.

But of course we can never make up for what is lost :cry: ...I hope going forward she would change her stance and allow YS back into their lives. 

Thanks for the welcome! Mark and Vicky’s relationship, there must have been something amiss for them or I guess Mark to break it off. I feel like it has something to do with the NYS’s family, I also think there’s a reason for him to suddenly go back to her. As I watched todays episodes and she says something about him going to a psychiatrist. Later in the episode the lawyers dig up his past regarding this. Episode 19 and 20 makes me so angry. Just beyond selfish what she is doing. Not sure what Mark is stirring behind the scene but it seems like it’s there’s going to be some epic battles to come from his side with revenge against the NYS personal matter and his fathers business. 
@ktcjdrma thanks for the welcome. I’m not sure why she even has to to fight for custody. It’s a fathers right to have some sort of custody. She absolutely feels no guilt for the years she’s taken away from him. I’m pretty sure whatever happened 7 years back with the father is some sort of misunderstanding. I read spoilers that

Spoiler

It was Mark that arranged the accident that had to do with Tang Jings father death. 

I have so much for to say regarding the last two episode. It’s really getting tiring how selfish she is. He’s talked to her several times regarding the whole situation and protecting her and their son and had promise he wouldn’t let his father anything but  it’s not getting through to her. I also loved what he said to her about being the parents of Ping Ping and not children of enemies. But that doesn’t have seem to resonate with her at all. Sigh 😞 looks like 10 episodes left with this whole part of her being selfish is dragging on. I know the second part of this drama has to do with the business side of things when NYS takes over his fathers business. I’ll be back later when gather my thoughts. What episodes are you girls on?

Spoiler

His father passes, this is why is he has to take over. He goes head to head with Mark 

• Insightful 3

@Linnie I have finished eps 15. Waiting for subs for the rest . But I can't wait, so am happy to find out what happened from you guys. 

I did read some spoilers on Twitter and while I do sympathise at times with Tan Jing, I wish she realises that she is not the only "victim" here. It has been so unfair for NYS as well. He has suffered emotionally as much as she has and he never understood why till now. His father wronged her ( and them) not NYS. She needs to realise that. 

• Like 1