Why Women Love 不会恋爱的我们 [2022]

abs-oluteM

rDL5y_3f.jpg

Oh my...their visuals and the teasers were enough to convince me I had to check this one out and open a thread. Have not seen either leads before but their scenes together do sizzle. While Jin Chen ( Gina Chen) has a pretty extensive filmography, I gather that this is Wang Ziyi's first main lead role. He seems to give off the right vibe in the teasers and can hold his own against Jin Chen. 

Synopsis from MDL:

Gu Jia Xin is full of talents but has no intention of inheriting the family business following his mother's arrangement for him to become Zhao Jiang Yue’s assistant. The two slowly come together to realize their dreams.

XqxVg_3f.jpg

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Episodes: 24

Aired: Feb 8, 2022 - ?

Aired On: Tuesday

Airing schedule: 

wYLep_3f.jpg

Original Network: Youku

Duration: 45 min.

Cast/ Crew:

pPlqy_3f.jpg

Director
Gao Cong Kai 
Chen Rong Hui 
Screenwriter
Crescent i

Main Role
Gina Jin ( Jin Chen ) - Zhao Jiang Yue

2VKER_3f.jpg

Wang Zi Yi - Gu Jia Xin

6OqdX_3f.jpg

Support Role
Simona Wang - Qian Jing Jing
Liang Da Wei - Xu Ning Yuan
Yakisa - Li Yan Ran
Zheng Miao - Zheng Duo Xi
He Ze Yuan - Qi Heng
Wang Zheng - Zhang Hao
Nadia Chan 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Caught the 1st eps - was fun. Lead's initial interactions were fun & made me laugh. Clearly these two don't care about personal space. I want to be as daring as her :laugh:

Spoiler

FLFolZ5aQAImQYa?format=jpg&name=large

He's pretty much the reluctant "heir to the throne" who meets his match in a spunky boss, his mum's most trusted CEO. Her task is to train him up for the job. Of course his dream is to race but Mum doesn't see that as a feasible career. Despite his devil may care attitude, he's quite the sweetheart. It's handy that he's now her neighbour too

• Haha 1

I am up to eps 4 - it has been fun so far and I think the leads have chemistry despite the age gap in the show and even IRL. The plot isn't super original and there are some cliches, potentially annoying characters and some side stories that I can't be bothered about. But the leads' interactions do make up for it. 

She's a workaholic who doesn't want to be bogged down by romance or relationship. But because she made an off the cuff remark on air to fall in love within 3 months as proof that the dating  app they are selling works, she finds herself in a pickle. Unfortunately she seems rather inexperienced in the love department even though she's an overachiever in every other aspect. Jia Xin decides to step in and "tutor" her . Their 1st pretend date in eps 4 was cute with them dressed in school clothes and visiting her old school so that she can experience what it's like to have a 1st love. She had more fun than she cared to admit of course. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Looks like this hasn't gained much of a following. Hahaha... @abs-oluteMI'm watching cos it's a brainless filler...

Same here ...but right now I keep getting distracted by other dramas. :laugh:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mouse said:

@abs-oluteM I’m actually enjoying this drama and glad you recommended it to me. I’m all caught up with available episodes and can’t wait to see the rest of it. I like both the leads and find Gu Juxian quite cute and funny. 

Bahahah ...I have been distracted by @Tofu's new love Jeremy Tsui in The Autumn Ballad. I will catch up on this one soon. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...